Author Topic: Diary of the Shadow  (Read 2433 times)

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
  • Shadow calls... shadow whispers...
Diary of the Shadow
« on: February 08, 2008, 03:24:36 AM »
'Warning: Picture intensive'

« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 04:53:46 AM by k_moustakas »
Has been described as a sometimey player

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
The shattering of the sword
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 01:42:33 PM »
The ancient arch priest was pierced by my blade, just as Alwrr of the Jura-Dai doused its malevolent, bandage-wrapped form with holy water. It fell into dust and was blown by a gust of wind. A surprising occurrence, considering how there was no wind that deep below the sanctuary. One of the other companions mentioned how it could be possible that the arch priest be not dead, rather changed form into dust and fled into the darkness, back into the safety of it's temple.

The chill kept climbing back up my spine. My holy sword was now ablaze with magical fire. It had hurt the thing, as it always did with the ancients. It did not stop the feeling of dread from reaching my mind though. I felt something bad was about to happen, as I always did ever since obtaining the hand of the angel from that shadow daemon. Always thought it strange to be rewarded by the dawn bringer after killing a creature of my mistress. Cursed be the sword, and cursed be Lathander for dragging me into his dirty work!

The ancients were ahead of us. I hadn't realized we had been walking. I made a warding sign against evil, despite the futility of such gestures. These things didn't grow ancient by being stupid. They used abjurative magic to dispel magical protections. There were a lot of them, warriors and priests both. Where had they come from? A mere hour ago this altar was empty. I wished to flee, but the blade would not let me. My companions couldn't face this alone. The hin boxer, the *cat* walker, the fat human, the shadowstriker. They needed me. I charged at the mummified priests, just as I saw one of them point his fingers at me and utter a well known incantation...

I lost control of my bodily functions. Wetness forming in my armor, I run around, without purpose, trying to escape from the terror. A side passage, I opened the door, safe. I huddled in the corner and closed my ears, to keep the sounds of battle away. Then I heard the door open. One of them priests, he saw me! There is no where to run! Nowhere to hide! I hid my head between my legs and waited for the inevitable. I hear the undead priest start chanting his fouls prayers but... nothing! This magic failed? The priest scowled and touched me again and again, but nothing! Realization dawned on me: the sash. The shimmering sash I had bought from the vardo! It protected me from the foul magic! With a sudden rush of courage, I stand up and run to the door. I am saved, I think to myself! The morninglord, the bringer of the dawn, he saved me.

The door is locked. The priest starts making awful sounds, possibly the closest thing that rotten mouth could come to a laugh. I turn around and swing my sword in desparation. Even as bits of preserved flesh leave it's body, the ancient kept laughing. I lose control of myself again. The priest doesn't make the same mistake a third time. With clubbing blows he finishes what was left of my rotten body.

I wake up hours later, in the sanctuary of the morninglord.

My mind is shattered. My hope is murdered. My dreams filled with nightmares.

Yet again the voices in my mind speak:

Shadow whispers, shadow calls
Shadow brought me to this land
Shadow guides me by the hand
Slay the shadow then slay the child
Take the sword and murder your plight

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
Shadow found!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 02:15:19 PM »
Ah, finally!

Obviously that sword was a test! How could have I not seen? It wasn't a gift from the dawn bringer!
As soon as I donated that accursed thing back to the morninglordians, shadow has been guiding my steps all the way.
First, it rewarded me with riches beyond comprehension. I *felt* that stalking that wolf was the thing to do and when that wizard used the magical green hand to crush the beast, I was quick to run and loot it's treasures! 27,000 fang, plus! That will buy me weapons way mightier than that stupid angel arm!

Secondly, I discovered the source of those voices that lured me to this land. Close to the keep of Zeklos, there lies an old ruin, guarded by pitifully undead that were no match for my shadow granted might. In a small room far inside however, guarded by nothing other than SHADOW itself, there lay a magical orb. I found reports inside the ruins of it speaking and driving the people mad. I touched it and I felt wonderful evil energy run through me. This must be it! It must!

My life is no longer with out a meaning. Soon, the promises of power will be fullfilled. Although the orb did not speak to me, I shall approach it again, this time alone and bearing gifts. Although I have no idea what the shadow orb could be interested in, I'm sure that a number of those corpses that usually hang around the graveyard of those cultists of the morning will do the trick. I shall offer them to it. Maybe then it shall speak to me again.

'Come to this land' those voices had said, more than a year ago.
'Forget your past, enter the mist, and seek the shadow'
'There, you shall find.... POWER!'

I am not crazy. It all makes sense now

Shadow calls, shadow whispers
Shadow brought me to this land,
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 06:47:01 AM by k_moustakas »

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
Re: Diary of the Shadow
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 06:54:58 AM »
The time is nigh.

I returned to the orb, a moon ago. I brought two corpses, masterfully stolen from the graveyard of the sanctuary. I brought it a mighty flail blessed by the dawn bringer and a number of ancient, magical texts. But nothing. The orb ignored my offerings, the shadows attacked me still.

I have visions of the throne of shadow, a throne of bone.
I have dreams of a mighty blade, forged out of shadow itself.
I have nightmares of Blind, the second hound of shadow being summoned by unworthy, shambling zombies.

I know not what to do. But I have an idea. On the next full moon, when the shadows will invade the domain of the night.
I shall enter the orb and see for my self.

And may shadow protect me...

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 04:24:11 AM »
It has been too long since I collected my thoughts.

I have entered the orb. I emerged changed. But the real change is one more subtle than simply being stamped out as a servant of the mistress.
I saw the throne of shadow. I bowed to the herald of shadows. I have accepted the shabowborn sword in full knowledge of the consequences.

But ever since, things have been... different? I feel different, I act different. It seems as if my soul has been tainted by the dark side of shadow but my heart still walks the border.

I have also noticed that the shadow's presence in this land is larger than I thought. Beyond the actual temple, there is a forest full of shadows. There is a cave complex with shadowy animals that can weave magic, obviously servants of the mistress. And a shadow stone in the dwarven mines.

I will investigate these areas further. I am sure there is a connection.

On a side note, I had my first visitor in the temple. She was a mighty singer and healer. She cleaned up the usual undead infestation in the lower level and then visited the sanctuary. The shadows took exception and attacked her, as they usually attack me. I fail to understand their intentions. Maybe they are too stupid to recognise me as an ally? The singer knew of the usurper though, Mystra. If that name wasn't enough to bring my mistress' voice to bear, I don't know what is. I want her to speak to me and guide me, like she has before. Yet she remains silent.

I shall try again, soon.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 05:41:40 PM by k_moustakas »

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 02:04:54 PM »
She was bathing in a pond, the flower in her hair as vibrant and red as if it had been still alive.
I approached from behind, my Taira blade at the ready. I could see the chest, straight ahead. It would be swift at least. I was thankful for that.

A few more steps... A thought crossed my mind: surely she must have heard the commotion outside? A good number of those fox-women had been killed and
it had been a loud affair. Never mind. The shadow's will would be done. One last step, over the rock blocking the view. I raised the blade and jumped into the pool...

... only to see her, standing there. Smiling. Naked. She was beautiful like the sunlight and just as blinding. A total contrast to my scarred, tattoed face. Despite darkness crawling all over me, the image was burned into my mind. Beauty beyond comprehension. The sheer terror of the fact that I could never -ever- enjoy anything like her, this unworthy, pathetic carcass of a man, rended my soul in pieces.

My heart had already been shattered all those years ago, by my only love. Hope I had murdered, when my hands had closed around her throat.

Heart and soul gone, there was nothing left.
Sweet oblivion approaching, a smile reached my dead lips.

Okaris 'Rage' RIP... or maybe not?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 05:23:02 PM by k_moustakas »

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 09:24:05 AM »
They destroyed my body. Utterly.
But my soul... persisted.
I entered the orb fully and this time I emerged, changed.
I have awakened and I have ascended.
I am no longer alone in this.  I have one true brother, though he has perished long before.
I have one true sister. She has embraced the mistress totally. She is the idol of my faith.
She is the face in my dreams. She is the flame in in my rotten heart

I have family that it is haunted by those I hate the most. To them, I shall show all the mercy they refused to show me. They will all join the shadow.

Shadow calls, shadow whispers.
Shadow brought me to his land
Shadow, I have awakened
To tame the scavengers of my herd
I am the dark sheepherder
I am all that is left of one man's rage

Betrayer of weave, betrayer of trust, betrayer of friendship. You three will... DIE!

Shadow grant me sight
Shadow grant me might
Shadow protect me from the darkness
For in darkness, shadow withers
and in the light in blooms

Shadowkiller... *you* shall LIVE. For EVER!

All praise the shadow

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 06:51:42 AM »
My brothers... my sisters... they are all MAD!
They are not ascendants. They are beasts! insatiable hungry beasts!
Like a gleeful child holding a live fly in its hands, playfully plucking out it's wings bit by bit they play with the mortals, before devouring them like sheep!

I have been staring too long into the abyss. So long, I have descended to the very pits and never realized. But the reverie now is gone. I can think straight, having fed helped. She had said that would happen. I would not feast and the madness would descend. She planned for it? In my madness, I slew a child. An unborn child. By savouring it's soul in the womb. I killed the mother; I am proud. She offered the thing to me! She lured me to the very *remembers he doesn't have to breath and stops. He calms down*. The child was saved, it will live... forever as a servant of the shadow. Or was it my imagination, playing tricks to my immortal mind to save it from being torn to shreds, the small shadow amongst the rest?

I captured the child. Or deviant guard woman and evil person, as they called her. Deviant. Lesbian. A child, no more than fifteen, sixteen winters old.
I saw the fool being eaten. I told him not to speak to anyone. The guard was raped again and again. I suggested we feed her the flesh of her lover. The light carrier... *shakes his head* Then we tortured her lover. And raped her. Then she died, and we raised her again to start all over. Then we captured the cross-dresser. A fool, but a nice fool. They broke his spirit beyond repair. He has a child... unborn. They threatened to go after it. Maybe they will send me after it. I tried to kill him! To save him! I pierced his very heart with my rapier: but the elder wouldn't allow it. He made a mockery out of it; the others thought I couldn't even kill a mortal that had almost bled to death. But the elder knew: he didn't wish to allow for mercy. He kept him alive. His heart blood is still on my blade never drying, my foolish attempt at mercy ruined, mocked. I am mad... or am I?

Looking towards the arduous climb back up, I realise what I must do. I must find them all and show them mercy. They must not be captured. For my brothers and sisters are worse beyond any mortal torture the vardo's could ever muster. Immortal minds toying with the cattle... I must kill them all and I must hurry, before my family finds them first.

By the seven hounds of shadow... I am... mad

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 12:54:49 PM »
Setting: Woods of barovia. A figure sheathed in shadows is playing with a glowing short sword, right next to the remains of a butchered white stag

Ah... the madness subsides after tasting souls. Unfortunatelly, after the bliss comes... knowing. I am unimportant. My revenge has all been taken care of. Of course, I saw none of it and had no part in it. They don't even know they were the victims of my vengeance. The betrayer was taken in, warned and tortured. Their whole organization is in disarray and reeling. The assasin is even one of us now, just like I wished! Next thing you know, that smug wizard will become Erika's assistant in curing our immortal flesh. Maybe I am glad I wasn't there. Maybe watching her be tortured would make me go all soft again. Revenge? Who cares...

They treat me like their younger brother. Consumed by his passion and unable to see the greater picture. Which is correct. Ever since ascending, I have accompliced nothing, beyond finding this magnificent beast. And I don't even remember how to tan and cure hides anymore! My mistress... she has other concerns right now. She has found a new toy in the face of the assassin. One obviously more accustomed at doing what she needs. Besides, she heard that an old friend is alive. Maybe he was her lover? Long lost lover? She has no time for one such as I.

Maybe I will just pretend everything happened due to my magnificent plotting and acting out. That I lured my ascendant brothers to do what I alone would probably never succeed at. It was ALL part of my secret plan! Maybe it is time I truly forget my mortal concerns and do what immortals do... enjoy. Baaah, I only wish Alwrr was here; or Wulfgang. I miss them so...

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 05:33:28 PM »
The dark clothed figure stood watching the poor mortal, flailing away at the lock, breaking lockpick after lockpick. It was an amusing sight, in a way. Had the mortal destroyed his pets? Perhaps. He did have a battle axe easily recognised by colour and texture. Not to mention by touch, to an ascendant such as himself. Soon, the mortal got tired and moved to the side, to rest. Seizing the opportunity, he moved closer and flipped the lock open. The mortal could never have heard, could never have seen. Yet when he approached, he sensed. A unique one, the dark figure thought.

The mortal noticed the lock. Then turned, suddenly. Was that a shadow he had seen? Something that moved? The place did seem brighter... He looked around, carefully. There where shadows around. Shadows being cast of a light he could not see... a light in the middle of the day? He could see nothing. Hear nothing. Yet he knew; he was watched. Who is there?, he demanded. Nothingness coalesced into a dark form. A living, moving shadow. It had been standing right in front of him, yet it had not been there before. He was wearing a strange cloak, a cloak casting shadows of it's own.

I am all that's left of a man's rage , the figure spoke. His tone, somber, solemn. As if coming up from a deep well, almost echoing in the dark woods.
I can relate to that, actually , the sheep responded.

What?

This mortal either has humour, or is the most lame person I have ever met. And I have met a few, the dark figure thought. Air left his langs, in mirthfull patches of chuckling. The sound, the emotion relaxed the mortal, albeit barely. Pointless banter followed, for hours. The two spoke, of things drunk men would speak of in between fits of laughter and longing. Of a man's heart and of the void that ever threatens to devour it. Of loves lost and of death. Or maybe they spoke of nothing. Merely two men sharing their souls, as men are known to do. Darkness slowly descended and it soon became apparent that the source of the shadows was the light emanating from the cloak, now shining bright and bathing the ruins in numerous shadows. A few of them moved of their own accord. The mortal tensed, feeling the coming of the mistress' children. A howl pierced the night, a howl no living wolf or could ever bring out.

Lost, the undead thought. They are lost. They will never again be graced in the presence of the throne of bone, of the sword of shadow. They are those who walked the path between light and darkness and... slipped. Off. Into nothing.. Was he speaking out loud, or merely thinking? He knew not, yet he carried on. The lost, they sat down. They listened, too. For even though lost, they knew. He was speaking of their glory. Of the path, of the mistress. The sheep was talking too. Saying brave words, speaking of loss. Yes, this sheep was interesting after all. The pets, they took an interest to him as well. They sat and watched, and listened. They would love him and seek to embrace him. And just like the sheep watching the wolf, the mortal bared his teeth. Took out his undead chopper. He dared them. Stupid sheep, the shepherd spoke. He was certain, this mortal was coming close to being the most miserable and unhappy creature he had ever seen. Yet, he kinda felt proud for him, watching the shadow wolves, knowing death was coming for him, yet standing tall, speaking.

Into the storm with teeth bared, ready to spit death in the eye

The dark man turned to look at the sheep. Then roared into laughter. It had been years since he had last felt such an exhilaration. Trust the cattle to dream of becoming a dog. It felt good. It reminded him something, of a man long gone. A man who wanted to be something more than he was. A man who would die, because after all he was just a sheep.

What is important today, is that you remember this lesson, mortal. In darkness, there is no shadow. For without light, there is only... death. I shall await your soul in the other side.... But maybe not today!
With a loud chuckle, the dark figure took out a black bottle and proceeded to drop it into the ground. It shattered into a dozen pieces and with it, the light that keept the darkness at bay...
===================================================================================================
He walked, wandering if his sheep had made it out. His mind wandering, he never noticed the wolf. In a sudden roar, the beast emerged! ...and rushed a wandering mink. Suddenly he stopped breathing, finally remembering that he didn't really have to. That was close, he tought. Then night of all nights, the mortal emerged, a bunch of living shadows after him. He was walking slow, his energy drained, by darkness and by greed both, for apparently instead of escaping, he looted the sarcophagus. In his mind, he laughed. In reality, he remained still, watching the sheep being torn down by wolf and darkness both. The silence streched endlessly, before the figure walking in the shadow moved and whispered. The shadow turned to face the werewolf. The shepherd, the wolf. This is -MY- flock!

Moments later, a gray hand kneeled to take an axe from the ground. Upon touch, the axe ignited and the smell of burned rotten flesh filled the air. The only thing left to smell it, was the unconcious but still alive form of a dark haired man.

I REMEMBER EXPLICITLY SAYING 'NOT TODAY' he roared in laughter and walked away, luring all the darkness with him. A loud hissing sound, of a fire being drowned in the cold water of a lake. Shadows playfully dancing off the light given by a black cloak.

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2009, 05:33:45 PM »
Sitting at the side of an old ruin, alternating between scrabbling drawings on a piece of paper and studying his book of spells, a dark clothed figure weaves troubled thoughts

Things have... changed. The shadows are different... They no longer act as mindless beasts, incapable of coherent thought. They... recognize me. I no longer have to push them back with my crook... rarely I have to cling to the unliving shadows when amongst them.

I have finally met with one of what I would call... druids. I spoke with her extensively. She is vain and arrogant as most cattle dogs are expected to be. Yet her connection to the land is unquestionable. We have reached something of an agreement. She is showing me things, teaching me you could say. How to connect to... this side of the border. I do not understand her motives yet neither do I care. I showed her the tree then the edge. The puppies were agitated by her. The edge. We arrived at dawn, as if it was meant to be. It was... beautiful. I long for the stag's touch... I still carry it's skin after all this long; It's antlers, it's flesh... I no longer remember why I wanted it dead... an armor? I wanted to make an armor of it... but I no longer remember how to tan...

memories seem to flood his mind, memories of a dryad and her living trees... of a man long dead... then he shakes his head and recollects his thoughts

It is beyond any doubt now that the border between light and darkness is spilling upon this strange land. Will they merge or will shadow overtake it? I know not. Yet, as I was once again studying the scriptures at the lair of those *says with a disgusted tone* vrolocks, the strangest thing happened. Darkness appeared where light once was... I immidiatelly panicked and run out. The memories of ... *chuckles to himself* That was a long time ago. That had occured to someone else. I am no longer a fleshly shell covered in weakness and fear. Then a shadow appeared in front of me. And it showed me of time.

Time is my greatest ally. Always was and always will be. Time is what has destroyed all my enemies. Yet... the shadow did not mean it that way. It meant that time is running out. I was too surprised by the shadow being... something more than that, a reflection of what once was. Never before had one tried to... communicate? The pull of my mistress must be growing stronger. Perhaps... am I also something that thinks it is something more?

It has been too long. Months? Years? It matters not. Today I shall return... home

WIth that, the dark figure starts walking towards the south and west... unseen by the numerous predators of the night

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2009, 03:54:40 AM »
She... was there. Shadow. All the suffering, all the labouring, it come to an end. In a delirious frenzy, the shadows would worship her and so did I. She has called me here. I wonder if it was Lilitu or the mistress of shadow herself. Is there a difference? I never forget how I ascended; pain... pain beyond imagining. Unless we are released from our mortal bonds we can not walk further. Perhaps she, through her cleansing and destruction in the hands of the dawnbringers, she has...

Geldur, Merrido, that dryad... poor mortal souls lost and confused in their arrogance and certainty. They do not know. They cannot comprehend; it matters not. The sheep do not need to understand. They need to be and by being they are made complete. They were good teachers, considering all they had to do. The language... I cannot understand why it would feel so... alien to me. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth every time I speak it yet I had not tasted anything in too long, other than raw power. But the land, it can hear. And it calls out to me. I do not heed it, not yet.

I have acquired all that is necessary. I have kept the stag's remains all this long. They have rotten yet that is of no importance. At the next full moon, when the shadows will be at their fullest, I shall attempt the ritual. My guilt shall be washed away, leaving only a void that regret shall fill. And I shall be finally one with the land. Can ascendants ascend, as my mentor would believe? Wether through dark rites and unholy sacrifices or regret and longing?

What can change the nature of a man?

What can change the nature of an immortal?

It remains to be seen. Tonight, I shall weave.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 07:41:34 AM by k_moustakas »

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2009, 05:32:31 AM »
The moon is full, yet hidden above gloomy clouds. The site is a place never forgotten. When the hunt for the white stag had come to an end, years ago.

"It must be one of those nights..."

Dellusions of graunder forgotten, the stunned, black-robed figure watched the ghostly stag curiously nuzzle against him. When he said he would make good on his promise, this is hardly what he intented. Moreso, if this is how such beings come to be, every single of those accursed bows would tie one of the noble beast's soul on this land. This was no release, this was torment. Eternal. He could hardly hunt down every single bow though and break it, especially considering how mortals feel about their -prized- possesions... The white stag lost it's interest and ran away, hunting something living that had decided to brave the night.

As the clouds parted and allowed the full moon to bring life to the shadows, one such stirred and beckoned. How long had it been watching? His mind still racing with the recent turn of events, he followed it only to see it venture inside a shadowy portal and disappear. The figure tucked the robe inside his backpack and took out a set of stiff leather armor. His glowing eyes lingered, remembering the origin of ... no. Of that, he would feel no guilt. He exhaled deeply and started to check his weapons...

"Bah. I am begining to act like a mortal again. I'm gonna write myself a note: YOU DON'T *HAVE* TO BREATHE!" with a slight chuckle, he fearlessly plunged into the portal.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 11:13:07 AM by k_moustakas »

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2009, 06:16:23 PM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loe7bqole5M[/youtube]

Heartbeat...

Heartbeat...

Heartbeat...

Heartbeat...

Heartbeat...

Heartbeat...

"Thank you..."

The words kept rining in his head. He could hear her, now, clearly calling him to her. He could hear slowly seeping by the border, dripping bit by bit into this ... place. He absently extended his gloved hand to caress the nuzzle of ... of a wolf? A wolf was standing next to him, eager for his attention. Did it follow him out? How? Why? Those shadows were imprisoned... by whom? He was confused. Lost. He had entered the orb and he had taken the rose. His markings came to life and flooded out, surrounding his very form in shadow.

" I am hungry "
" You are not food "
" Bring me food "

The sounds were driving him insane... the hunger, was awakening in him again. He thought he had forgotten it, hidden it in a dark place in his mind... He started to walk, when suddenly he stopped. He could not walk further into the light. There were no shadows there. He had no place there.

If the night could cry, would she cry?
And if she would, would she cry tears of rage?
And if the tears would dry of rage, all that would remain, would it be a rose?
The night will cry tears of rage, until her rage dies and the tears dry.
All that is left then will be all that is left of a man's rage...
A rose, made of tears.
When do shadow roses bloom?

Heartbeat... but WHOSE?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 02:49:19 AM by k_moustakas »

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2009, 03:43:26 AM »

Watching the white stag drink from the spring relaxes me. The hunger has subsided for now and ever opportunists, memories flood my mind. Things are hectic, yet with much effort I am keeping it together. Dragon mirrors, intruders, vistani. As I grow, as power floods my body, I remember things I used to know... as a mortal. In as much I would have liked it not to, I still remember. Soon, I will begin to miss it. I already miss my lamp. I vividly remember the day that halfling had sold it to me. An emptied skull with a candle set inside it; oh, how interesting it would make me look. It would attract attention alright; the wrong sort at times, certainly. But did I care back then? Oh mistress, I was but a child, an innocent.

I remember the child I killed. I remember all the things I did in my vain quest for... what? -This-? I have transcended mortal boundaries to become one with shadow. I can hear her whisper terrible secrets of dark power to me, so long as I ... I have ascended, reached the destination of my journey only to question if it is worth it. I had a name. A job. I was a tanner. I had friends. Alw'ra, Geldur, Wulfgang. Where are they? I miss them. They were taken from me. But those who did it have been punished, one way or the other.

Now I am simply all that is left of a man's rage... and all I can hear is a heartbeat...
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 04:53:37 PM by k_moustakas »

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2009, 05:27:22 PM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WA2jBMk-Pk[/youtube]

'Find the hooded man' , the shadows said. 'Help him and we can be together again, at last. Complete'. I wonder, how much of last night was truth and how much was my imagination showing me things that I wanted to see, speaking things that I wanted to hear. My mind is clouded no more. I can feel the hunger but it has no hold over me. I can think. I can remember. I -remember-!

Something is trying to manipulate me. Or guide me. What little difference lies between the two matters not to me. It is not what I thought it was. It is merely giving me what I want; but not what I -need-. Now it is asking something in return. I shall oblige, seeing as I have little to loose. They want me to find the hooded man. I had spoken to a hooded man. He thought to turn my home into his abode; the remains of his broken dragon-skull mirror still adore the depths of the Zeklos ruin abyss. Vensur had called him a friend. He had proposed a truce. I shall seek him out. I do not know if he is the same the shadows speak of yet I have no other clues to go on.

What I saw in that... other place troubles me still. There were twisted trees, a shadow crystal. When I touched it, I saw myself reflected. Or was it that I was the reflection? I ascended in anger, through hate. Once the rage had left me, once I had gotten over the pain, I felt empty, incomplete. Is it true that I am but the shadow of what the mortal was? The physical manifestation of a man's rage? Emotion given form? Or maybe I am his immortal soul, too stubborn to depart this world even though the flesh has long since been digested by rats. I remember. I don't understand but I remember. The 'other' called himself all that was left of a man's love. We attempted to touch each other but it failed. We were both but shadows. Shadows cast by what?

'Fight the hunger' my Lilitu had said. 'Madness will take over you but you will resist. Power will be yours then. With the rites completed the mind, the body, and the shadow will obey'. I now know that her rites of ascension where but a ... misconception.I have little doubt that the shadowy figure of a woman that plagues me is nothing more than a dream made real through sheer longing. As in a dream, I enjoy her presence. As in a dream, I wake up. Lilitu is ... gone. I am here. I do not wish to dream anymore.

I do not understand the shadow orb nor the place it leads to. I do not understand the shadow tickling bit by bit into this land. I do not understand the shadow trees, why sometimes they grow and sometimes they rot. I do not understand the grim forest the fae circle took me to. Old memories mingle with new to create an ordered chaos in my mind. Are they my memories though? Or are they the memories of the mortal I am but a reflection of? In the end, does it matter?

I look at shadow and wonder why
where do tears go when they dry
I know why the night will never cry
Why roses are meant to die
but no, not I

The land. It whispers to me. I am becoming a part of it. It is strange, tainted. As I am.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 03:26:06 PM by k_moustakas »

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2009, 08:42:46 AM »

Failure. Complete and utter failure. Oh what a fickle mistress I have chosen! Six trees. Six trees, for the first time I have ever witnessed. Instead of being a moment of joy, of colonial success, it is a time of utter undeniable frustration. Nothing I ever did caused six trees ever to grow. I had seen three before. Once four. And all my suspicions about what makes the trees grow have been thrown down the pit. It has nothing to do it seems with how many shadows or shadow fiends are there. It neither has to do with the amount of dead people's blood spilling on the ground and feeding their roots. Not even with the amount of treasure and offerings I leave in the sarcophagus or the corpses around. Not that they stay there for long; I swear, when I get my hands on that mortal than sneaks in and robs them...

As if that wasn't enough, today, as I took my walk amongst my trees, in the foulest of moods I may add, I noticed a gigantic shadow! Surprisingly enough, despite me being camouflaged and hidden from sight via the weavings of the mistress, it noticed me too. What was even more strange, was that it was involved in a battle against the bigger shadow fiends. I do not know if this being is related to the shadow daemons that appeared and fought with my pets a month ago. It was no match for them, despite causing flesh-eating undead to rise from the ground. A ghoul. A bloody ghoul?!

*suddenly the figure goes very still. An easy task, considering the lack of necessity for breathing. It stops to look down to it's journal and puts it's quill aside, speaking slowly to himself*

“Did I just write 'bloody ghoul' in my journal?”

The strange, large wolf regarded it's master with curiosity, drool dripping from it's jaws. No answer was forthcoming, yet the wolf could sense the excitement. A small, nervous chuckle caused the wolf to wriggle it's tail.

I visited Vensur again. He had no luck finding that armor I asked him about. The mirror wasn't there either. Find the hooded man. Bah! Every night that comes, I wonder more and more if the shadows really talk to me or if I have simply gone mad from hunger and loneliness. I never thought ascendants could be lonely. Then again, I do follow the queen of trickery, the dark reflection of things.

*The figure stopped to regard the wolf, who's excitement had died down.*

“You know, sometimes I wonder if you can read my thoughts, little one.” said the figure to the wolf. “I wasn't implying anything about you, you know” -more chuckles. He had been enjoying himself more and more lately. With a sudden movement, he jumped ontop of the wolf and wrestled him to the ground. An easy task, considering the wolf knew better than to try and bite him. All the while, a green little fairy, standing invisible above the shadow's head, swooped down and picked up the old, worn journal.

“Lilitu! Give that back! I am not finished!”
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 03:16:58 PM by k_moustakas »

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2010, 03:10:15 PM »
Mirrors, mirrors everywhere...[/i]

How could I have not realised? How could I have been so blind. A mirror with a dragon's head. A black dragon's head. It is as plain as the sun rising on a moonless night. For what am I, but a reflection of a dead man. As for a dragon whose colour is black enough to be seen against the darkness...

Finally I know what I have to do. I also know who is the hooded man I am supposed to meet behind the mirror.

I know for a fact it is no longer my restless imagination running wild. The bearwere and that stubborn dwarf witnessed it as well. In that dark, dump cave... HE came. He is all that is left of a man's love. I am all that is left of a man's rage. Shadowy reflections of a dead man, parts of a greater whole. The irony.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 03:28:50 PM by k_moustakas »