You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Area - Zeklos Tomb gives a false reference to Ezra  (Read 4511 times)

Iconoclast

• Church of the Lawgiver
  • Dark Power
Area - Zeklos Tomb gives a false reference to Ezra
« on: October 29, 2007, 11:20:27 AM »
I've experienced the Zeklos tomb with two other of my characters.  I must say though that experiecing the Zeklos Tomb from my new character's perspective, an Anchorite of Ezra, made all the difference.  I love it when things connect, and a new characters finds themselves involved right away in history, and is emmersed.  The scraps of journal found so far by two Ezrites has been fun to role play with.

Bringing the news back to the Toret at the Cathedral, and he (via EO) shedding a bit more light on the possible owner of the journal only adds to the mystery. 

I can see the Zeklos Tomb further becoming a very useful and signifcant area for the Ezrites. 

« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 10:55:23 AM by Delphinidae »

Corvus

• DM & DEV
  • Dark Power
Re: Area - Zeklos Tomb gives a false reference to Ezra
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 02:56:42 PM »
*eyes his half-made update+extension of the tomb*

crap, I really should work on this! Glad you liked it! Thanks.
“It is better to die for Corvus, than live for yourself!".

Playing: Lothar Breitenfeldt, Rhavin, Vincent Lycastus, Erwin Reuenthal

Iconoclast

• Church of the Lawgiver
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 06:34:11 PM »
An important note, especially to the Ezrites about the tomb.  Corvus informed me of a mistake in the tomb.  The stone engraving that says something about the followers of Ezra serving in death is a mistake.  It isn't supposed to be Ezra mentioned there, but some other diety instead.  So I think a Dev will get around to fixing that, and we'll need to overlook that bit of misinformation for the time being instead of acting off of it icly.

:)

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 03:44:08 AM »
I like the Zeklos tomb.  It thought the Ezra references were a mistake the first time I bumped into them with Bela so I avoided pitching camp there.  Granted, I would like it a lot more if when on the occasions I can make it out there with a low level, that the trek wasn't ruined by the presence of a monsterously high level PC,Uber magic weapon in hand, mowing down the zombies and skeletons by dump truck load.

~Rex
Sometimes brutal violence is the only answer.

Iconoclast

• Church of the Lawgiver
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 12:37:48 PM »
The Zeklos Tomb still needs fixed at some point. 

Characters have been coming up to Anchorites asking about the Ezra connection to the tomb.  Since I was informed that the area wasn't supposed to have a connection to Ezra, I've been having to go ooc in game anytime someone asks my Anchorite about the area.

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
  • Shadow calls... shadow whispers...
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 02:27:02 PM »
You Ezrites stay away from my temple!

Well, soon to be temple anyway.

If any people have been doing any IC stuff with the shadow orb, please send me a message or something. I have been doing stuff there with two different DMs there and I'm visiting it almost daily. Just want to make sure things don't conflict too much
Has been described as a sometimey player

Helaman

• What the hell am I doing here?
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 12:52:38 AM »
I threw a bottle of whiskey into it...

Devil of a thing was it came out... EMPTY.

Spoiler: show
Just kidding... but that would have been cool

And Otake, Wulfgang Eberhardt, Aesin, Humiko, Bonereaver, Anthrania + whatever concept I am playing with...

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 01:00:42 AM »
You Ezrites stay away from my temple!

Well, soon to be temple anyway.

If any people have been doing any IC stuff with the shadow orb, please send me a message or something. I have been doing stuff there with two different DMs there and I'm visiting it almost daily. Just want to make sure things don't conflict too much

LoL.. i  have the theory that Corvus just thought it was pretty.. big ball of shadow thingy .. Oohh lets make it hurt the players that wanna touch it.. :P

Stela Cojocaru - barovian snake
Crina Ovidiu - barovian guard

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 02:26:48 AM »
Well, if you want to know what happens if you put a corpse inside or a live person enters it, just ask the orb's humble servant

me <----

ThAnswr

• Dark Power
  • We all end up the same: Level 20 or dead.
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 01:20:30 PM »
Maybe somebody was having fun, but one time when I was there, shadows and other beasties were swarming out of that thing. 
Sig by Garison

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter Thompson

"Rock is overpowered, paper is just about right" - Scissors
Thanks Aahz

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2008, 03:03:47 PM »
And while on the subject of Zeklos, how come the Ezrite church at the keep doesn't have an ezra shrine (safe location spot)?

Iconoclast

• Church of the Lawgiver
  • Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 10:44:53 AM »
Had another scene lastnight where I had to go ooc in the talk channel to exlain that the Ezra inscriptions on the stone book is a mistake, still awaiting to be fixed. 

I don't know how much time or work it takes to correct the error, but if its not too much trouble, fixing it would help the role play.   :)

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2008, 10:59:54 AM »
Aye it would help a bit.  OR, they could leave it and build on it giving Ezra Folks something cool to point at.

~Rex

Iconoclast

• Church of the Lawgiver
  • Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2008, 10:53:02 AM »
The Zeklos Tomb still needs fixed.

Had another scene yesterday where characters asked about the Ezra refrence within the tomb, and I had to explain oocly again that it was a mistake and not supposed to be an Ezra refrence there.  It is a stumbling block for rp.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 10:55:00 AM by Delphinidae »

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
  • Fata volentem ducunt, nolentem trahunt
    • Facebook page
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2008, 07:18:29 AM »
Yeah it is a bit awkward... I used to go often there and to people asking me I never knew what replying...
http://www.facebook.com/CiaranII
Pokemon Go! 5688 6574 4676

Iconoclast

• Church of the Lawgiver
  • Dark Power
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2008, 03:03:42 AM »
I know the Dev Team is busy, or Corvus since it was his design I think, but this area needs fixed still.  Been almost a year though.  I'd say an area that effects rp as much this can, ought to have some priority.

Had another awkward rp scene due to it.

Also found out that the player's character conveted to Ezra specifically due to the false refrence to Ezra.  At least he was laughing about it.   :mrgreen:  I've known two players who've had their characters signicially impacted by that area.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 03:07:21 AM by Iconoclast »

Helaman

• What the hell am I doing here?
  • Dark Power
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2008, 03:48:11 AM »
I got an impressionable kid who would just fall for that IC reference.

Won't someone think of the children?!

And Otake, Wulfgang Eberhardt, Aesin, Humiko, Bonereaver, Anthrania + whatever concept I am playing with...

Delphinidae

• Phasing in and out of PoTM
  • Dark Power
  • My poor wererats get no love.
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2008, 10:47:05 AM »
:bump: Bumping again. False reference is still there on the papersheets. Can it be fixed? In six days it will be a year since this was reported and it might change the background history of the area.

Ongoing Plots
Legacy of Blood
The Eye of the McGraths

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2008, 10:57:17 AM »
May as well run with the Ezra references then.

~Rex

Delphinidae

• Dark Power
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2008, 11:08:21 AM »
An important note, especially to the Ezrites about the tomb.  Corvus informed me of a mistake in the tomb.  The stone engraving that says something about the followers of Ezra serving in death is a mistake.  It isn't supposed to be Ezra mentioned there, but some other diety instead.  So I think a Dev will get around to fixing that, and we'll need to overlook that bit of misinformation for the time being instead of acting off of it icly.

Can't, unless Dev's state the reference stays, because it changes a year long plot.

Ongoing Plots
Legacy of Blood
The Eye of the McGraths

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2008, 11:59:24 AM »

Can't, unless Dev's state the reference stays, because it changes a year long plot.

You've got a year long plot for how many people?  Versus a year of the Remainder of the Player base (considerable number of people) that most likely, assume the Ezra References are correct.

~Rex

Delphinidae

• Dark Power
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2008, 12:19:54 PM »
I'll still wait on an official Dev announcement on this one. Corvus himself admitted he erred and was intending to fix it when he updated the area.

Ongoing Plots
Legacy of Blood
The Eye of the McGraths

Vespertilio

• Never met a Dark Lord, not a
  • Dark Power
  • We can't stop here, this is bat country!
    • Messages from Nihil
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2008, 01:26:38 PM »
I've been wondering if this was a case of, initially a mistake but something that has since been 'run with' by certain Dms.   Considering some of the goings on at Zeklos I've been taking it as ic.  However, the confusion seems to be going on its second year?  I'd also like to know, at least oocly, if it's going to be 'fixed' or it's now considered part of the landscape as is.

I could just run into the room and punch you in the balls; sure, that's scary. That's entertainment. But it isn't horror...

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2008, 01:33:49 PM »
I've been wondering if this was a case of, initially a mistake but something that has since been 'run with' by certain Dms.   Considering some of the goings on at Zeklos I've been taking it as ic.  However, the confusion seems to be going on its second year?  I'd also like to know, at least oocly, if it's going to be 'fixed' or it's now considered part of the landscape as is.
I'll still wait on an official Dev announcement on this one. Corvus himself admitted he erred and was intending to fix it when he updated the area.

A YEAR ago.  Like Vespertillo pointed out, and I second, I do believe that more then a few DM's have run with it.  So, you now you have precedent.  probably just a better Idea to do away with the smaller "plot" and run with the larger more public and known precedent.

~Rex

Iconoclast

• Church of the Lawgiver
  • Dark Power
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2008, 01:55:58 PM »
On the story level, at least my Ezrite has been informing characters that the references to Ezra in that tomb are false, a deception of the Legions of the Night. 

That can easily be the explanation as well, if or when the dev team, or Corvus, gets to fixing it.