Author Topic: Vallaki Sewers - The Drain  (Read 65582 times)

Fright-Face

• Outlander
Re: Vallaki Sewers - The Drain
« Reply #200 on: September 06, 2020, 09:39:30 PM »
A bald, palid, and bearded, business-dressed man-- walking as if he's on some sort of "patrol" -- was seen walking up to Hoth's counter. He left word with an uninterested, passive Hoth:

"Spread around that the Vandal's of Fate are back in town; if anyone "important" in the things going on right now comes through, I'd ask you to spread that on in specific. Gods know they'll need all the help they can get."

He left as quickly as he came in.

Fright-Face

• Outlander
« Reply #201 on: September 14, 2020, 02:35:55 AM »
Word is left with Hoth at the Drain.

"Skulkers of the night, the Vandals of Fate request a word on a matter most probably trivial, but may factor into your aims. An injustice has been done -- one you may disagree with. I'd like your input on it."

//OOC: PM for meetup if possible, y'all know who you are.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 03:09:51 AM by Fright-Face »

Fright-Face

• Outlander
« Reply #202 on: September 16, 2020, 04:04:59 PM »
Word if left with Hoth at the Drain:

"We ask for a brief meeting with she who fell from the sun into the darkness. No more than ten minutes would be required."

Gnobodytalktome

• New to the Mists
« Reply #203 on: September 21, 2020, 02:47:23 PM »
[Several loud traps are triggered by a cursing half-drow in the commons of the drain, followed by several seconds of casting, then a scuffle, and finally gunshots, When any round the corner to check, they would see only a bloodstain, and a confused looking half-orc who quickly wanders off]

evil.bat

• Undead Slayer
  • dead inside, do not open
« Reply #204 on: September 25, 2020, 07:58:57 PM »
Sometime in the night, a woman clad in black leathers and in possession of several rapiers rushed into the Drain in a panic, thought to be running from something. She was exhausted, having run what must have been great lengths to get here. She kept to herself for the entirety of her stay, with suggestion that she may have been quietly crying.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #205 on: September 26, 2020, 02:22:11 AM »
Two women enter the Drain after sunset. A man would bar them entrance, but after an exchange of measured speeches, they are allowed admittance, the word "deathwish" echoing down the damp stone of the adjoining culverts.

The two make inquiries of any who would speak with them and disappear into one of the rooms at the back.

Sometime later that door opens, and they depart peacefully, though magic crackles in the air all about them.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 11:53:59 AM by Iridni Ren »

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

evil.bat

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #206 on: September 27, 2020, 01:04:00 PM »
A note is left posted in the Drain for anyone who cares to read them.

"Skulker Looking For Work

Skills include traps & locks, stealth, and a questionable moral compass. Inquisitive but knows when to keep their mouth shut.

Leave a note for Miststrider."

Soulbourne

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #207 on: September 30, 2020, 12:33:22 AM »
A notice is posted in the Drain.

I am offering a reward for a murdered woman I have vested interest in. She has been slain by foul vraja- some manner of melting flame or acid. Her name is Ver Dell Larkull.

I seek any information about her killer and seek to recover her body as it is an asset.

~Signed,
Veridian
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 12:35:21 AM by Soulbourne »

InMyDarkestHours

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
  • I reveal my heart, to this beauty dressed in dark
« Reply #208 on: September 30, 2020, 05:05:18 PM »
[A few notices are placed in the Drain.]

Attention, iblith half-cretoks, ologs, rivvin, darthirii, and other colnbluth that dwell beneath the surface!

We, the Daughters of Lolth, invoke our authority and call out to those who also find shelter in the dark stink-tunnels once more!

In three weeks of posting, we will host a second contest of bloodsport; of martial skill and competency within the Drain. Matches will be duels arranged by lottery in single-elimination brackets. Preceding each match, opponents will be allotted a thirty count to prepare themselves before cuts and blows may begin.

Participants may use whatever means necessary to subdue or have their opponents plead for mercy, so long as they do not leave a corpse behind, cause property damage or injury to spectators. We take onlooker security seriously; assassination attempts will be met with a deadly, merciless response.

The single victor shall receive reward and privilege, bestowed by the Yath of the Dark Mother herself!

- A sum of 25,000 fang for the champion to do with as they please,
- As guest to a dinner hosted by the House in their honour,
- Consideration of future favour and opportunities

Those who fail to claim victory but still entertain us may earn themselves pouches of coin nonetheless!

Ori'gato vlos tlu pr'dyk wun l'Olath Ilhar's kaas!
-Revered House Rilyn'ae

\\ This is an event aimed at characters level 10 and below. Register your interest to participate IC with certain individuals or on the day of the contest.
\\ Time countdown page | Time conversation
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 04:34:52 PM by InMyDarkestHours »

Drekavac

• Dark Power
  • Wholesome Memer
« Reply #209 on: October 01, 2020, 02:22:15 AM »
A halfling with a chip on his shoulder has been a new sight in the Drain these days. Seen speaking with Hoth, Reds, and other notables, he has made the rounds with the right sort and has become an accepted, if occasional, visitor. Rumor has it he has been eyeing others with sticky fingersfor jobs in the den of villany and scum and, most importantly, word is he has the gold to back up his words...
Turning PCs into Darklords and MPCs since 2017

PlatointheCave

• Dark Lord
« Reply #210 on: October 04, 2020, 11:02:02 AM »
In the early hours of the morning a short, female figure meets a hooded male in front of the bar. After a few quiet words they make for the back room. Some minutes later the rapid clanging of heavy metal feet can be heard, as a hulking iron form rushes back into the bar. It soon slips back into the form of the hooded male. Seconds later, the feminine figure steps from a shadow; a little blood on her sleeve and a sickly yellow bruise on her face.

They converse in a strange tongue, the short woman with an intensely excited tone, the man with a grave one. At length, the short woman departs the Drain.

Chaoshawk

• Dark Power
« Reply #211 on: October 06, 2020, 01:45:32 AM »
Local rogue and thieves' friend known as 'Honest' Henry was found strangled to death in the tunnels before the drain. Nothing was left to indicate who or what, but what is known is a source of work for entry-levels thieves has just been eliminated. A few sticky-fingered folk drink to him this evening and wish his larcenous soul a fond farewell.
"In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order."

Calad

• Champion of the Eternal Dawn
  • Undead Master
  • The Ancient. The Land.
« Reply #212 on: October 06, 2020, 05:47:58 AM »
A chase scene has happened in the sewers of Vallaki, and continued into the Drain. Alarm spells going off, a bald man following after a shrouded woman. She was let into the Drain after asking the doorkeeper, and then the man followed after her. She managed to escape in a moment when he was distracted however, and didn't come back.
Long live the Count, Strahd von Zarovich XI!

Freydaelyn

• Mistress of Faces
  • Theatre de la Cathedrale
  • Dark Power
« Reply #213 on: October 10, 2020, 12:49:01 AM »
A new tenant has taken residence of Room 1 within the drain. A moon elf woman always seen in a suit of some kind. She has wasted no time in begining to get set up within having multiple people come in and out of the room. Recently she was seen placing fliers outside her door and in the bar of the drain itself

Celestial noise detected;Delirium unsuspected
Static tuned in to reason
Time in the aether deepens;Transmissions blink uncompleted

Freydaelyn

• Mistress of Faces
  • Theatre de la Cathedrale
  • Dark Power
« Reply #214 on: October 13, 2020, 02:05:04 AM »
Again the blue haired moon elf in a suit calling herself Twinblade is seen placing down fliers. This time the subject matter is much less vauge.
Celestial noise detected;Delirium unsuspected
Static tuned in to reason
Time in the aether deepens;Transmissions blink uncompleted

evil.bat

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #215 on: October 13, 2020, 08:19:36 AM »
A note is posted in the drain for anyone who cares to read them.

Seeking to purchase a scroll for the Magic Circle spell for purposes of warding against evil. Negotiations on contact if you prefer.

Leave a note at the Blue Water or the Drain.

[The notice is signed with a zweifalk coat of arms]

Legion XXI

• Fraternity of Shadows
  • Dark Power
  • Domn Clancy
« Reply #216 on: October 14, 2020, 02:37:13 AM »
[The following note is placed in the tunnels just outside the Drain]

Verenzio

You are SUMMONED to stand judgement for THREATS OF DEATH made to those below.

You have SEVEN Days.

Compliance will be met with a measure of mercy.

-Domenico, Order of the Long Death

[The notice is soon crossed out, marking the matter resolved.]
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 05:39:56 AM by Legion XXI »

PlatointheCave

• Dark Lord
« Reply #217 on: October 18, 2020, 05:55:54 AM »
Outside the Drain, a story and a threat are left by a figure stepping from a shadow.

Have you heard the tale of the Blind Serpent?

Too weak to slay a pernicious Shadow,

He struck a deal in bad faith, with a lying tongue.

To the Child of Water he spoke:

"Let there be peace between us."

The Child of Water was not wise to the ways of the Serpent.

They loved peace, and hated war, so they agreed.

The Serpent spoke again:

"If there is to be peace,

all of the Children of Light must also keep it."

The of Child of Water thought this wise,

So they agreed.

The deal struck, the Serpent departed.

He taunted the Shadow and said:

"The Children of Light have promised me peace,

You must bow to my throne Shadow."

The Shadow laughed, and replied:

"I am not a Child of Light, Serpent.

My will is my only bond."

Then she banished the Serpent,

Leaving him throneless.

The Serpent knew it could not slay the Shadow,

Instead, it sought the Child of Water and spoke in madness:

"The Shadow broke our peace, Child of Water,

So I will poison all the Children of Light."

The Child of Water was confused:

"You never named the Shadow, Serpent."

The Serpent sneered.

"It matters not: I am blind,

You are all Children of Light to me."

The Child of Water cursed the Serpent, then:

"Then you are the oathbreaker Serpent,

For you are not bound to your word, but your whims."

The Serpent laughed, as the Shadow had,

And swallowed its own tail.

"I am not a child of Light,

My will is my only bond."

The Shadow came then, upon the Serpent.

They laughed together,

And all was Shadow.

For now the Child of Water could not tell one from the other.

Author's Note:

If any Kin are harmed by Domenico Foscari over an oath that was never mine,

I will kill every member of the Storm's Eye Gang, Domenico's criminal puppets.

I will kill his Pale Prophet.

All will be blood and madness.

For that is my nature.

As it seems,

Is His.

The Laughing Shadow

Water Lily

« Reply #218 on: October 18, 2020, 10:29:06 PM »
[Placed around the Drain and just outside of it is an ad of sorts.]

To the Sound of the Death Knell

For those whom respect the dead and dying, whom find solace in the void, whom walk among the graves, marked and not, I beckon you to me to trade words and songs.

For those who hear the words forbidden to life, I offer you comfort and kinship in a choir. Seek me out and I shall welcome you with open arms.

For the Dead and Damned, I implore you to release the regrets and woes tying you to this torturous existence. Should you need an ear to relinquish the pain that animates you, I shall listen in the hopes you will find the eternal slumber we all deserve when we pass from this life to the next.

--The Gravesinger

Ken14

• Undead Master
« Reply #219 on: October 19, 2020, 12:32:48 PM »
An enormous, hulking caliban as large as Hoth has been seen frequenting the drain, having drinks with various people.

The jovial nature of this ebon-skinned Caliban stands out, the massive behemoth seemingly having a great time with an assortment of folks, from calibans to drows.

The purple ox on his head is iconic: Evenin is back in Barovia, drinking merilly in the Drain's bar.

InMyDarkestHours

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
« Reply #220 on: October 23, 2020, 04:27:26 AM »
\\1 day, 11 hours away at time of posting!

[A few notices are refreshed in the Drain.]

Spoiler: show

Attention, iblith half-cretoks, ologs, rivvin, darthirii, and other colnbluth that dwell beneath the surface!

We, the Daughters of Lolth, invoke our authority and call out to those who also find shelter in the dark stink-tunnels once more!

In three weeks of posting, we will host a second contest of bloodsport; of martial skill and competency within the Drain. Matches will be duels arranged by lottery in single-elimination brackets. Preceding each match, opponents will be allotted a thirty count to prepare themselves before cuts and blows may begin.

Participants may use whatever means necessary to subdue or have their opponents plead for mercy, so long as they do not leave a corpse behind, cause property damage or injury to spectators. We take onlooker security seriously; assassination attempts will be met with a deadly, merciless response.

The single victor shall receive reward and privilege, bestowed by the Yath of the Dark Mother herself!

Those who fail to claim victory but still entertain us may earn themselves pouches of coin nonetheless!

-Revered House Rilyn'ae

\\ This is an event aimed at characters level 10 and below. Register your interest to participate IC with certain individuals or on the day of the contest.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 04:34:35 PM by InMyDarkestHours »

Hathor

• Dark Lord
« Reply #221 on: October 23, 2020, 10:39:38 PM »
A face returns to the Drain which has not been seen in several months--the quiet merchant and entertainer Heather.

InMyDarkestHours

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
« Reply #222 on: October 24, 2020, 04:34:18 PM »
\\1 day, 11 hours away at time of posting!

-Revered House Rilyn'ae

// This has been postponed until after NCE due to server being down for an extended period. See new date/time.

PlatointheCave

• Dark Lord
« Reply #223 on: October 30, 2020, 09:27:21 AM »
In the early hours of the morning a pale human and a short woman in dark colours enter Drain Room 1, belonging to the Storm's Eye.

Shortly thereafter; shouts, a muffled boom and then the sounds of terrible battle can be heard before all is again still.

After some minutes the pale man departs the room, and then the Drain, with purpose.

The body of the small woman is carried in his arms.

InMyDarkestHours

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
« Reply #224 on: November 12, 2020, 12:50:19 AM »

-Revered House Rilyn'ae

The notices are refreshed in anticipation of the contest, a little over a couple of days away.