Author Topic: Vallaki Sewers - The Drain  (Read 65448 times)

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
Re: Vallaki Sewers - The Drain
« Reply #250 on: September 17, 2021, 09:21:04 PM »

Willy

• Undead Master
  • Still the Sobek guy. Try again, loosers.
« Reply #251 on: October 16, 2021, 05:57:36 AM »
Notes begin to appear in the Drain, suggesting an opportunity to make fang without resorting to crime or rat-hunting.

OOC: Contact me via message on the forum or on Discord (Willy#9480) to arrange a meeting!
"If secrecy fails, the perpetrator attacks the credibility of his victim. If he cannot silence her absolutely, he tries to make sure no one listens.”
- Judith Lewis Herman

I won't stay silent.

Slaughternaut

• New to the Mists
« Reply #252 on: October 16, 2021, 07:02:07 PM »
SEVERAL NOTES ARE SCATTERED ABOUT THE AREA THAT READ AS FOLLOWS:

Can you not hear it?  Can you not hear the whispers from the stars?  Can you not hear them calling to you?  Can you not feel them pulling at your heart, at your mind?  Will you not heed them?  Will you not heed the dreams that they bring?  Will you deny the Eldritch Enlightenment?  Fools tremble at the darkness!  True terror cares nothing for the light of any star, it is beyond the laws of nature, vast and terrifying beyond imagining, and to truly understand it is to lose one’s mind. 

Hear and listen!   The Eldritch Enlightenment will set you free!  You will begin to see the true nature of the universe, and you will begin to understand it’s terrible, beautiful truth.  And in understanding you may be reborn as a child of the stars, transformed by knowledge and power, reshaped by will and wonder.  Will you come to laugh and dance with me?  Will you twirl and spin your way through the madness?  Will you let go of this illusion, this madness, and discover the truth? Will you embrace the Eldritch Enlightenment?

Embrace it!  The stars shall give you dreams of the truth, and if you accept them, you may yet find the way to true knowledge, true freedom, true power, and true bliss.  There is a nature beyond nature, a power beyond the gods, and that power calls to you.  Heed the call.  Bring forth the sacrament, the Essence of Madness, and be enlightened.

Larissa Constance

• New to the Mists
« Reply #253 on: October 31, 2021, 11:06:02 AM »
A note is left near the bar, with writing neat but not exemplary.

"I heard rumors a group was seeking to sell the room they had rented. I'm interested in buying, and willing to discuss prices and such. You can leave a message or contact me here in the drain."

The note is signed L.C.

For Sigmar!

Player of:
Larissa Constance, Tanya Battleborn, Nicholas Halsey, Ledronius Cousland,Ottokar Ahrendt.

Witch of the Woods

• New to the Mists
« Reply #254 on: November 01, 2021, 09:07:55 PM »
A deathly pale Barovian woman was seen in the Drain offering those with magical aptitude an opportunity.  She did not elaborate on more than that, though it is rumored through the shadows that the hushed words "thaumaturgic blood magic" were floated.  Those interested were asked to leave word with Hoth.

Spoiler: show
//Those seeking to get in contact are asked to leave an IC letter via a forum PM to this account

KovosDatch

• The Underworld
  • Dark Lord
  • Stinkcoin mint
« Reply #255 on: November 29, 2021, 08:15:54 PM »
A young woman dressed in the white robes of the Morninglord was seen braving the sewers to deliver winter supplies to those in need. A chest and note were left behind for anyone who could read and needed the supplies.

aliceofthevoid

• Undead Master
  • Friendly Neighborhood Nightmare
« Reply #256 on: December 03, 2021, 12:41:21 AM »
[A small woman in a blue coat could be seen leaving a simple notice in the Drain]

Life lost it's luster? Can't bring yourself to do the things which once brought you joy? Leave word for Miss S. I will make your dreams come true.

DM Brimstone

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #257 on: December 28, 2021, 12:03:37 AM »
[Elegant, looping script was scrawled upon exotic, opulent vellum and posted for all the denizens of the underbelly of Vallaki within the Drain to witness.]

Madden the unwashed masses with lies-
And quicken the gold to press.

His Kingdom Cometh!

Prepare your offering and beg all that is merciful it is not found wanting.

The hungry will known sustenance and eternal gluttony.
The rapacious, inheritance and insatiable greed.
The listless, final impetus.

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #258 on: December 30, 2021, 04:00:19 AM »
A dapper gentleman would be seen carrying a skull into the drain and leaving it along with a letter.

DM Brimstone

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #259 on: January 04, 2022, 01:18:54 AM »
A bloated, pale skinned corpse lapped against the dilapidated docks causing a spectacle to the freakish inhabitants of the seedy underbelly below the Grey City known as the Drain. Once fished out of the murky, malodorous waters, the body was mutilated: missing both pinky fingers and left ear nearly severed. 

Conspiratorial whispers in the depths and darkened corners of the underworld spoke of the identity of the woman, one former employee of the Red Vardo Traders, Florenta Dimova, and the message that her death served of the grave punishment for treachery and betrayal.

DM Brimstone

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #260 on: January 05, 2022, 11:42:40 PM »
[Elegant, looping script was scrawled upon exotic, opulent vellum and posted for all the denizens of the underbelly of Vallaki within the Drain to witness.]

Let that which sparkles, shine-
Guide the devoted, thieving hand!

His Kingdom Cometh!

The time is upon us, faithful.  Assemble with your fellow devout and prepare to genuflect before his grandeur!

REJOICE! REJOICE!

DM Brimstone

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #261 on: January 08, 2022, 11:44:23 PM »
[Elegant script was scrawled upon opulent vellum and posted for all the denizens of the underbelly of Vallaki within the Drain to witness.]

Now is the epoch of AVARICE!

Indulge your VICES
Sate your WHIMS
Revel in your GLUTTONY

All nourishes HIM

In My Skin

• New to the Mists
  • the horrible
« Reply #262 on: January 12, 2022, 02:20:42 AM »
[In poor quality parchment, a note is left scrawled with atrocious handwriting.]

SEEKING KNOWLEDGE
OVER DEATH, UNDEATH
AND THE DEAD.
WILL COMPENSATE.
FIND ME OR WRITE ME.

certified creeper

softdrink

• Undead Slayer
  • Power Overflowing
« Reply #263 on: January 12, 2022, 03:14:35 PM »
[In poor quality parchment, a note is left scrawled with atrocious handwriting.]

SEEKING KNOWLEDGE
OVER DEATH, UNDEATH
AND THE DEAD.
WILL COMPENSATE.
FIND ME OR WRITE ME.

The note has been removed.

DaloLorn

• Undead Master
  • Incorrigible Altoholic
« Reply #264 on: February 15, 2022, 12:04:42 PM »
A small, auburn-haired woman in a golden-trimmed blue coat could be seen nervously wandering into the Drain, using an umbrella to shield herself against the sewage constantly dripping down from the ceiling.

She briefly inquired about a large fellow she knew as "Stool", before asking Hoth to pass on a message.
European RPer, never available past 22:00 CET. Available on Discord, as Dalo Lorn#0171. Has too many characters to list.

Cast of Characters

JustMonika

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #265 on: February 20, 2022, 05:49:39 PM »
Rumor spreads of a pale skinned, red eyed woman, hair half black, half white lurking in the drain on occasion. While whispers speak of a dark, hungry nature, the creature never lays a hand on anyone within or near the establishment, always unarmed save for a chilling smile.

Stormy

« Reply #266 on: March 17, 2022, 08:57:25 PM »
A small creature has been seen and heard around the drain, asking Hoth and the other residents strange questions. It's somewhat well recognizeable pale skin and ghost white hair marking who it was. It always asks the same questions, in the same rhythm

Doessss the princesss know the old ratssss.... Doesss the princessss know the old wayssss... Derro knowsssss... Derro helpsss. Derro knowssss the path to true ratssss. Derro knowssss the waysss of ratsss... Derro servessss ratsss as Derro served before... Yesssss.... Derro ssservessss... Derro remembersss and becomesssss.... Find Derro in the placesss the ratssss gather.
A poorly scrawled note also appears near the door, repeating much the same message, but misspelled repeatedly

Please message me here or on discord at Stormy#3021, or in game you may find Aridiin lurking around The Drain or "the place rats gather".

The Painter

• New to the Mists
« Reply #267 on: March 28, 2022, 07:08:16 PM »
[notes penned in an elegant hand are left in the Drain]

The winds of change blow ever stronger, and yet the unwashed masses persist in their grey lives in the doldrums.

But we talented few will not stand idle.

No, we shall paint them with vibrant shades of beautiful suffering.

We shall paint them with glorious Enlightenment.

myrddraal

• Dark Lord
« Reply #268 on: May 17, 2022, 10:09:55 PM »
A letter is left in the care of Hoth, for the occupant of unit #2

crimeindex

• New to the Mists
« Reply #269 on: August 13, 2022, 03:19:41 AM »
A rumor spreads among those who call the sewers of Vallaki home.

A ghastly woman has been seen roaming the sewers, crying and wailing.
A rancid and sweet smell hangs around her like a shroud and those who get near enough to see her face, report bloodshot eyes peering behind a curtain of stringy and unkempt hair.
Her unnerving shambling and ungodly sounds echoed through the tunnels...
Characters

Khatalin Varga, Auntie to all Gundies!

Indira - Vermin Hunter from Sri Raji

Agony

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Dark Power
  • "You will know agony!" - Ghostly Armor
« Reply #270 on: September 01, 2022, 02:06:11 PM »
A strange caliban with an occult symbol tattooed on his forehead is seen stepping out of his usual backroom.
He nails a tattered note to the sign outside of Room 3 before slipping out of sight once more.

Sewer Kittens -

I'd like to share some words between us, so you need to send whoever talks for you to come see me. Soon.

KNIVES

//Placed in game. Contact DM Agony to follow up.

Wild Thing

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • New to the Mists
« Reply #271 on: October 10, 2022, 01:18:04 PM »
Among the gossip at Hoth's bar is that of a strange masked man's search for knowledge of shadows in this world, how to curry their favor, and, perhaps be attuned to them.

To those who know,

We seek knowledge of those familiar with the shadows of this land and where the dark things dwell to speak with me and I to lend an ear. I would listen and offer a token of value in exchange. Let us meet.

A Voyager
[A sylvan symbol of winter is marked below]

//OOC: Can be contacted here on forum or at Vauro#3485
Active - Vespasian Astafei - Shadowy Druid
Inactive - Basilio Popovici - Heterodox Home Faith Warden

Phantomswake

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #272 on: October 21, 2022, 11:49:44 PM »

From the moment I walked in, it looked rough, dull and disturbing. Piled debris and thick gloom made up most of its interior.
It was hard to see through all the murky air, but the uncomfortable atmosphere from within could be felt.

As I entered the odd watering hole through a large portal, I was welcomed by a feeling of discomfort and silence.
The bartender Hoth, was a large hulking figure standing behind the bar, and that made no effort to acknowledge my presence.

It was as disgusting inside as it was in the sewers that brought me here. The walls were completely empty, only covered in a layer of fatty grime with the brackish water running off into the many cisterns.

The tavern itself was almost completely abandoned. The few shadowy folk, caliban, and twist inside, are silent and they kept to themselves, but whoever they are, it's about the clearest sign I could get, telling me “you don't belong here”.

I heard rumors about that place, supposedly it's infamous for something, but for the life of me, I can't remember what for. Though judging by everything in the place, it must be something horrifying.

I tells ya now, I ain’t never going back.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 11:49:12 AM by Phantomswake »

Phantomswake

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #273 on: October 22, 2022, 02:13:47 AM »

Rumors spread as a strange dark figure wearing an oddly shaped mask with a long pointy nose and was also with an old beat up viscous looking worg he had for a pet, left a mysterious message with the bartender Hoth.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 12:04:10 PM by Phantomswake »

Phantomswake

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #274 on: October 22, 2022, 08:51:53 PM »

Rumors spread as a strange dark figure wearing an oddly shaped mask with a long pointy nose and was also with an old beat up viscous looking worg he had for a pet, left a mysterious message with the bartender Hoth.