Author Topic: Vallaki Sewers - The Drain  (Read 65458 times)

Mrjunkie

• Dark Lord
Re: Vallaki Sewers - The Drain
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2011, 05:08:38 PM »
[Mumurs stirr of a upcomming auction, larger caliban are seen taunting one another, rumours of a upcomming struggle of brawn over brains with gold and fine goods as rewards hang on the curled and mutilated lips of the inhabitants of the Drain edging them on to test one another, small fights stirr.

Yet a queery remains lingering in the Drain, the search for traders and crafters, who seeks...few know, but gold is swiftly seen exchanging hands amongst the thugs.

ethinos

• Keepin' it hardcore since 2nd edition AD&D
  • Dark Power
  • When in doubt, fireball.
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2011, 03:54:04 PM »
The Dark Shepherd is seen regularly delivering freshly butchered meat to the Drain's barkeep, Hoth, and selling it for a mere pittance. "Let them eat something besides rancid vermin, yes?" he says, before leaving the Drain once again.
Torgan Ironshield: Battlerager and smith
Wirth Darmington II: Roguish noble
Kurgh: A simple herdsman

SwanSong

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2011, 11:41:56 PM »
A hulking figure clad in the rainments of war has taken up residency within the drain it appears. The thing looks like no Caliban anyone's seen before and spends its time grumbling to itself in a nonsensical language it calls "orr-kish", snarling at anyone who gets near to keep their distance and staring with its glowing, malice-filled eyes. It comes and goes, often covered in gore and viscera but so long as it causes no trouble and keeps paying for the ale it drinks in seemingly endless amount, no one's too bothered....if a little unnerved by its almost demonic appearance...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 12:03:21 AM by SwanSong »

Sewerfish

• Undead Master
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2011, 10:23:23 AM »
A mob of top-siders stormed the drain with their beautiful skin and hair. It was unclear exactly who they came down to lynch but was clear that they were clearly an unwanted presence. After being surrounded by the refuse and outcast of society, the top-siders left.

Sewerfish

• Undead Master
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2011, 03:13:05 AM »
Rumor has it that a Militia Man named Sedrik came into the drain to find some thieves. The story goes that the militia man  killed one man and beat a few others.

Fen'lo Taaran

• Outlander
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2012, 07:06:09 AM »
A man clad in armour has been seen in the drain recently, selling and trading illicit substances and materials.

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2012, 03:15:53 AM »
  Rumor has it that giant spider webs started appearing all over the sewers. However, no attack has been reported.
Elena Vasilovici - "Better die for something than live for naught"

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2012, 03:28:03 AM »
[Lurkers talk, as the echoing shadow of a ghost still resonates in the dark tunnels - speaking of the Old boss, the legendary Old Gretch 'The Wretch' Jarrskin whom co-founded the drain with Hoth himself, some say the Old Caliban lives, other call it an outright lie, a spooky tale a Caliban tells another in hopes to make himself a name, or seed, even for a briefest of moments, doubt in hopes to save skin to attackers. One thing is sure, tensions are palpable in the drain, the tranquil times are gone...and for all the time the Old Boss has been absent, the terror of his name still makes the seediest Caliban and outcast, cower in fear, pause in wonder of what it would be, what might be, than to come face to face, with The Wretch Jarrskin...]

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2012, 07:05:31 PM »
The shadow wizard Anastacia Rotfurt was seen briefly in the Drain, talking to the locals briefly, apparently looking for information...
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2012, 08:41:56 AM »
  It is said that a woman clad in white armor gives free equipment for all who need it. It is said she also takes commissions for equipment.

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2012, 11:48:35 AM »
  Rumor has it that someone would pay 500 gold for any falkovnian soldier caught, and up to 5000 fangs for officers.

Sewerfish

• Undead Master
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2012, 06:53:11 PM »
What looks to be eyes have been drawn on various walls of the understreets. Looking closely, a discerning viewer might determine that the drawings have been made with blood. The eyes are crudely drawn and the constant leak of water from above causes the blood to streak and eventually vanish.

In other places blood is found covering small piles of purple precious stones. The stones are arranged in a circle. Some may have found a blood filled cup or pail in the center of the circle.

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2012, 12:49:13 AM »
//Note: This happened yesterday.

A large group of armed outlandery looking topsiders came through the Drain, talking loudly about being in pursuit of someone. Loud clanging echoed through the halls as they began smashing locks on doors. Heated words were exchanged by them and a regular, the creepy lanky sneak that called himself "Owl". He threatened them, if they bashed the lock on the room he was renting, he'd kill them. Voices continued to carry through the corridors as they all argued:
 "I saw him run past, he went in that room!"
"We're not leaving without her!"
 "I've no idea what you are talking about, you don't even belong here. Get out!"
 "I want her back!"
"He fled in there!"
"We need to ask him something, let us see him!"
"Aye, t'ey're breakin' th'place, lad!"
"That is -my- room. Do you understand? DO YOU UNDERSTAND? Do. Not. Touch. It!"
"Bane, open it! He's in there!"

A metal door slammed shut, the group murmured outside of it. A few spells were cast, and the lock on the door was broken. Almost immediately after, the door swung open and an enraged shriek rang through the Drain, WHAT DID I SAY! WHAT DID I SAY! I GAVE YOU ONE RULE. GET OUT!
One of the others yelled right back, "Don't make us hurt you!"

Bright lights filled the hall. A helmed horror, a transparent worg, and Owl himself transparent and glowing from some spell, lighting the entire hallway with what seemed like a hundred magic missiles. There was a moment of silence, those left standing cowering against a wall.
"I warned them several times."
"We mean no harm sir!"
"Did I not, little pixie? I told them to not break the lock. That I was busy."
"Mind if I take the bodies to the church?"
"Was he an accident? I don't recall him, heal that one."
"He's up."
"Hrck, hrgh, 'lo lads"

Further voices filled the hall, the fallen members of the party regaining consciousness and getting to their feet.

"Get out. We have business and I have no time for you."
"Not without Bane or Arina."
"Come."
"I was nay 'untin', was tellin' 'em ta get out!"
"I said come!"
"Give him back"
"I have no idea who the hell you are. Did you not learn your lesson?"
"I won't leave without one of them! You took my brother! Give him back and I'll leave."
"Get out and leave me alone"
"Give me my brother and I'll leave, or I'll turn your door into dust"
"How many times do I have to kill you? Because the next time, you are not coming back from it."

The sound of a door slamming shut echoed once more.

The group backed off only long enough to heal the fallen. They cast spells and prepared to siege the room again, when once more the door swung open. Spells filled the air once more, with panicked shouts following.
"You believe I'm a deadman but fine!"
"Help him!"
"With honour!.... Ahhh! Run with Honour!!"
"Li'l shyte ran away! Feck! Feckin' idiots!"
"I am sick of this, get out!"
"Can I 'ave 'is li'l mace?"
"I'll pay for the mace."
"I asked for it first"

The remainder of the crowd followed Owl into his room, seemingly not involved with the siege and thus welcome.

Later on, in explaining the situation to Hoth, Owl said he felt they were going to try and kill the winged caliban. They were here breaking all the doors and looking for the body of someone who wasn't even in the drain, and throwing around a lot of threats in the process.

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2012, 02:19:22 AM »
And word of the topsider disrespect was carried to the mysterious Backroom...
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 02:39:41 AM by Heretic »

Troukk

• Dark Power
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2012, 11:58:52 PM »
After being being told to choose between his life and his home, Old Janos has left The Drain.
Not all who wander are lost.

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2012, 12:24:37 PM »
Rumor quickly spreads that the winged one, Dragos, has returned to the Drain wingless.  He carries himself with a hobble, a brace supporting his spine as he walks.  Rumors range from him cutting them off himself, or he ran afoul of a neuri (creatures he is known to hunt at times).  All that aside, he had been missing for some time, and had returned to his home.

Legion XXI

• Fraternity of Shadows
  • Dark Power
  • Domn Clancy
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2012, 02:39:17 PM »
  [After a long absence, a man known as 'The Fox' has returned to the Drain.  A very peculiar cobra can usually be seen either slithering a few feet behind him or riding on his shoulders, draped about his neck.  He seems to have set up in the Owl's old room, claiming it as his Foxhole]

Zhernebog

• Undead Master
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2012, 02:47:03 PM »
Yesterday a whole bunch of dire rats were stomped to goo, to the melody of giggling and laughter.

Sewerfish

• Undead Master
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2012, 06:03:44 PM »
A brief and bloody scuffle between a human and a halfer occurred in Hoth's bar. The human had told the halfer to get lost and towered over the halfer menacingly. The halfer stuck a knife into the humans gut and left him bleeding on the steps. The human and his companions were later seen talking with and taking a bundle from the halfer.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 08:59:15 PM by Sewerfish »

Dumas

• Dark Power
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2012, 06:13:17 PM »
Those that frequent the Drain hear rumors that a man known as Dumas is seeking out those that wish to purchase illegal flintlocks, bullets, and gunpowder from Dementlieu...

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2012, 06:58:21 PM »
  Rumor goes it that a woman dressed in white wielding powerful magic has been seen around the sewers. Some say it is the white witch, the one that supposedly helped the calibans with armor and weapons, yet others just say it is just another outlander.

HoshaZilo

• Undead Master
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2012, 11:34:18 AM »
-deleted-
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 11:36:09 AM by HoshaZilo »

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2012, 12:38:39 AM »
A human in dark green armor has taken residence in the Drain, keeping to himself and out of the way of the caliban.  Word spreads of his mace that makes a man's skin crawl when looking upon it, and the void black depths of his horned helm.

--------

Igor the Behemoth, the Drain's newest addition, has been stomping about proudly.  He has even taken to looking for his own personal runt.

Sewerfish

• Undead Master
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2012, 01:05:50 PM »
So the story goes, a man with a strange accent came into the drain dragging a coffin and placed it down in front of a group of filth dwellers. One of those in the group known as Scurvy confronted the odd man asking where the coffin was found and why he took it. What ever the man said angered Scurvy. Scurvy drew his knives on the man and told him to get in the coffin. It was then a small imp attacked Scurvy.  Scurvy and Biter killed the imp and the strange man began to cast a spell. Scurvy killed the witch next.

Boots

• Princess Postledash
  • Dark Power
  • The Bard Queen
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2012, 08:42:09 PM »
Two young women, physically identical apart from the colours of their hair were seen in the drain, twins by the looks of it. Recently the red-haired one has started wearing a mask that covers her face.