Author Topic: Feat Suggestion : “Capo Ferro’s Precision”  (Read 1026 times)

Stormy

• Red Academy
  • Outlander
Re: Feat Suggestion : “Capo Ferro’s Precision”
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2024, 06:57:03 PM »
The Swashbuckler class is out of the question, I guess?

mechanical issues with implementing it

Wolrath

• Outlander
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2024, 08:57:05 AM »
I kinda like the idea of seeing someone able to be  competitive with a finessable weapon
Yet the +dex damage is quite a huge feat.

Perhaps half dex bonus may still be solid enough
Active: Zalbaag Hyrule- Salmour Crovas
Sometime: Wolrath / Greeven / Ixivill

myrddraal

• Dark Lord
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2024, 12:00:54 PM »
Assuming you started with 16or 17 dex (for the sake of the math already presented in a power build) you would at level 20 have 21-22 dex and a cap of 33-34 (assuming no dark powers.  Dark powers should t really be considered for the sake of general balance lol) if you got a good empowered / acrobat potion and I think tenser also adds dex to cap it out at +12.  Which is strong, yes, but it also is a 4 feat investment.

Considering they are not getting 2 attacks from their off hand (which most finesse builds get.  Dw is their bread and butter) and the potential sneak attack,10%+ chance for a crit if using a weapon you have improved crit on or has a higher range like 18/19-20, varnish damage which can get to like a d12 with a greater varnish if I remember right (dont forget varnish also crits) I really don’t think they’re pulling ahead damage wise and “ruining every sec build and shifting the meta.”

The DW build does take more feats, but it also gets 3 shield ac, more attacks, and usually it includes ranger levels to get the DW feats for free and you just need to get the shield ac ones for a feat tax of 3 and a class tax of 6 levels.  Without the ranger investment it’s like 2 or 3 more feats but if you’re a rogue fighter you can spare them.  Rogue hexes probably not if they want to lean into their curses and rogue barb is probably not going for this feat anyway to capitalize on their str.

I think it would be cool but if someone wants to crunch the math on it be my guest.