You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Regarding Matilda  (Read 229 times)

knuckleduster

• New to the Mists
Regarding Matilda
« on: March 23, 2024, 09:23:44 AM »
~File of Service~
Name: Florian Devereaux
Date de Naissance: 2 - Auguste - 747
Province l'Birthe: Port-au-Lucine
Hist-

A long file of middling service and continued comments from superior officers litter the file in the expanded brief, telling a dull story of a man who served without complaint or distinction until a violent medical discharge at the end of a very recent conflict. A minor payment as stipulated for loss of limb is outlined in the record and signed off by a clerk. Thus ends the mediocre military career of Private Devereux, Scout.

knuckleduster

• New to the Mists
Re: Regarding Matilda
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2024, 03:26:03 AM »
Dear Matilda,

I met a woman, she reminds me so much of your mother, she was king, sweet, gentle and thoughtful. It made me miss you both so much. Made me reflect on what I've become since you both were taken from me. A drunk, a shell, a nothing. I need to buy a pistol.

Love,
F

knuckleduster

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2024, 07:25:35 AM »
Dear Matilda,

I tried, I really did. I put the barrel under my chin but I just couldn't. What if it didn't take me to you, what if it just didn't. But if I couldn't make myself join you, and I couldn't bare to live. Thankfully, some smart people in a cozy church gave me some really good advice, you would have liked them.

knuckleduster

• New to the Mists
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2024, 07:55:47 AM »
Dear M,

I did it, I set up the first blackpowder trap since the war. - The sizzling of the fuse took a half moment too long, but it worked. It worked well enough to take a half dozen bandits and the rest a limb or two, finishing them off with the Helling was just a formality, I cannot believe it worked.