You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Hak Update 2_29 - Detailed List of Changes  (Read 7356 times)

Death

• Undead Slayer
Re: Hak Update 2_29 - Detailed List of Changes
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2023, 12:04:08 AM »
Hi everyone. For people who were curious about the appearances of the Androdgynous models, here they are.

zDark Shadowz

• Dark Lord
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2023, 03:20:51 AM »
Are the head models unlocked as well or just the torso? Internet keeps disconnecting and corrupting my download so can't check myself.

Mereyn

• Undead Slayer
  • Resident Observer of the Freakshow
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2023, 03:46:14 AM »
As an information, you're limited to male/female heads and male/female voices whenever making a character intended for the androgynous phenotype.
Likewise, cloaks don't display just like with the "old" phenotype.

bunnie

• Head Empty
  • Gendarmerie
  • Dark Lord
  • what is him think
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2023, 07:22:09 AM »
im not sure whats going on with the torso textures on the elf male / female androgynous models.
it kind of looks like they are using the masculine textures on the feminine chest and vice versa???

Spoiler: elf male • show
back - front (torso 0)

(torso 187)

(torso 100)

(torso 90)

Spoiler: elf female • show
back - front (torso 0)

(torso 187)

edit: i went through and had a look at them all!!
humans and half-elves are fine. the texture issue occurs on every other race lmao (dwarves, gnomes, halflings, h-orcs)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 07:52:01 AM by bunnie »

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2023, 09:51:09 AM »
As an information, you're limited to male/female heads and male/female voices whenever making a character intended for the androgynous phenotype.
Likewise, cloaks don't display just like with the "old" phenotype.

Yeah, the cloaks are unfortunate but it's a game engine limitation. The workaround would be to duplicate all cloaks for each phenotype but that would take up too much space. Same issue with heads (not to mention they'd have to be manually resized individually).

Voicesets can be changed in-game, so that shouldn't be a problem using the @customize feature.

im not sure whats going on with the torso textures on the elf male / female androgynous models.

Thanks; we've identified the cause and will fix it so they use the right textures.

Bounty

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2023, 10:41:29 AM »
I just tested some things with warlock on the test server.
It seems like enervating shadows gets dispelled when a creature with a light source is nearby, even under the effect of darkness.
(tested with a summon i cast light on)

UPDATE: did some more testing. ES also gets dispelled during the day under the effect of darkness,
if you walk next to a creature, no matter if the creature emits light or not.
The combat log puts out the same message as if a light source was nearby "Your enervating shadow dissipates because of a nearby light source"
(tested during the day, with darkness walking next to summon/raven/mink/watcher guard/werebat lord/vallaki guard/Radu)

Is it not supposed to allways work, if under the effect of darkness?

As stated by EO
Changelog - February 11th, 2023 Version BETA 2.28w
- Made Enervating Shadows always function when under the effect of darkness.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 12:19:18 PM by Bounty »

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2023, 12:47:42 PM »
I just tested some things with warlock on the test server.
It seems like enervating shadows gets dispelled when a creature with a light source is nearby, even under the effect of darkness.
(tested with a summon i cast light on)

UPDATE: did some more testing. ES also gets dispelled during the day under the effect of darkness,
if you walk next to a creature, no matter if the creature emits light or not.
The combat log puts out the same message as if a light source was nearby "Your enervating shadow dissipates because of a nearby light source"
(tested during the day, with darkness walking next to summon/raven/mink/watcher guard/werebat lord/vallaki guard/Radu)

Is it not supposed to allways work, if under the effect of darkness?

Found the cause and will fix it. Thanks.

Glimmrang

• New to the Mists
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2023, 01:44:47 PM »
Martial Supremacy looks like it overrides Weapon Focus and or Greater Weapon Focus with ranged weapons, removing the AB bonus from WF/GWF.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2023, 05:13:18 PM »
Martial Supremacy looks like it overrides Weapon Focus and or Greater Weapon Focus with ranged weapons, removing the AB bonus from WF/GWF.

Have you tested attacking? Sometimes the character sheet displays incorrect information.

Glimmrang

• New to the Mists
« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2023, 06:07:44 PM »

Have you tested attacking? Sometimes the character sheet displays incorrect information.

Further testing shows that you're correct. My bad.

bunnie

• Head Empty
  • Gendarmerie
  • Dark Lord
  • what is him think
« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2023, 03:40:18 AM »
i've noticed one of the old (and very nice!) dress models is missing / replaced (model 216)

Spoiler: old • show

Spoiler: new • show

bloodless

• The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • ?
« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2023, 04:30:00 AM »
It seems that the faction base teleport from the ooc lounge for the Erudites isn't working right now. Last stored location on the same character works just fine.

softdrink

• Undead Slayer
  • Power Overflowing
« Reply #87 on: June 02, 2023, 04:35:39 AM »
Monk speed no longer actually stacks with haste or longstrider at all.

Seems to be capped down to 150% movespeed, which I hope is not intentional as it ruins most of the point of having the increase to begin with considering the speed was already capped yet was able to stack with movement increases before the latest HAK.

-Capped monk total speed (should not have a noticeable effect since effect stacking was capped).

This seems to suggest this change is however, not intentional? If it in fact was, I would suggest reversing such a change since it was already capped down incredibly so with the latest patches.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 04:44:59 AM by softdrink »

Bounty

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2023, 06:36:28 AM »
Something about staff of fury and robes of transcendent thought changed (adjusted item value?), you now need 20 UMD instead of 5(or was it 10 before?) to be able to equip them.
It is a bit of a bummer since you would only be able to equip them at lvl ~15 as a warlock, without doing item swap shenanigans.

Is that an intended change or something different going on?

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #89 on: June 02, 2023, 08:05:19 AM »
i've noticed one of the old (and very nice!) dress models is missing / replaced (model 216)

Spoiler: old • show

Spoiler: new • show

I've found the cause and will fix it next hak update.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #90 on: June 02, 2023, 08:09:02 AM »
It seems that the faction base teleport from the ooc lounge for the Erudites isn't working right now. Last stored location on the same character works just fine.

The transition was missing; I'll readd it next update.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #91 on: June 02, 2023, 08:21:45 AM »
This seems to suggest this change is however, not intentional? If it in fact was, I would suggest reversing such a change since it was already capped down incredibly so with the latest patches.

I'll readjust the value so monks can move faster but not as fast as the old maximum.

softdrink

• Undead Slayer
  • Power Overflowing
« Reply #92 on: June 02, 2023, 01:17:55 PM »

I'll readjust the value so monks can move faster but not as fast as the old maximum.

What will you be changing the total speed to if I may ask? I'm unsure the speed needs capping at all seeing as how the speed was severely chopped in half due to how effect stacking was changed.

Monks went from being able to attain roughly 285% move speed to a much more reasonable 225%. While it is still quite high, it's also one of the main points of the class and this could be considered a sizeable nerf.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 01:26:30 PM by softdrink »

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #93 on: June 02, 2023, 03:48:58 PM »
What will you be changing the total speed to if I may ask? I'm unsure the speed needs capping at all seeing as how the speed was severely chopped in half due to how effect stacking was changed.

We've enabled effect stacking with this hak, as disabling it penalized other classes. I'm actually aiming for 210% (vs 150% for others), which corresponds to the max monk speed at level 17 (or 18?), but need to test some things. Wouldn't want a level 1 monk to be able to hit that speed either.

softdrink

• Undead Slayer
  • Power Overflowing
« Reply #94 on: June 02, 2023, 03:58:38 PM »
210% is very agreeable I think! Monks would no longer be able to stack longstrider and haste for a larger movespeed bonus but I think that's probably fine since you are moving at such extreme speeds to begin with.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #95 on: June 02, 2023, 04:53:43 PM »
Some subraces of dwarves gained darkvision and dwarven weapon proficiencies following the HAK update.

Intended in some cases, not so much in others. Dev team investigating and will readjust as required.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #96 on: June 02, 2023, 05:11:03 PM »
210% was the speed cap for monks already. Level 18 160% + 50%. They did not have "uncapped" movement speed. The speed cap is always +50% of your base speed, and monk speed is a part of base speed.

Other classes were able to stack effects like movement speed already. Divine Vigor + Longstrider for example. Or Savage Mobility + Longstrider. They were subject to the same cap of 150% because these effects didn't change base speed like monk did. For all classes, monk included, when one speed effect expired, they all expired.
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

Feral

• New to the Mists
« Reply #97 on: June 02, 2023, 06:35:41 PM »
Evening!

Please can I kindly request that we can have our re-levelling crystal timers reset? Even if just temporarily for the next 30 days or so, so we can have a play around?

With all the new feats that are available, many of our characters are 90+ days old and have already selected other feats which we would much rather replace with some of the new feats/abilities.

Surely this wouldn't be considered unreasonable under the circumstances? I think gating it behind an individual application would be incredibly time consuming for the teams behind POTM too as you would likely be inundated with requests before long (if you haven't already been).

Please can this be considered?

Thank you!

-Feral

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #98 on: June 02, 2023, 07:14:49 PM »
Evening!

Please can I kindly request that we can have our re-levelling crystal timers reset? Even if just temporarily for the next 30 days or so, so we can have a play around?

With all the new feats that are available, many of our characters are 90+ days old and have already selected other feats which we would much rather replace with some of the new feats/abilities.

Surely this wouldn't be considered unreasonable under the circumstances? I think gating it behind an individual application would be incredibly time consuming for the teams behind POTM too as you would likely be inundated with requests before long (if you haven't already been).

Please can this be considered?

Thank you!

-Feral

I too, would like this. New familiars and such.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #99 on: June 02, 2023, 08:27:32 PM »

It's our long-standing policy not to grant automatic remakes unless a class' features were substantially altered, forcing a relevel to get class features. We have no plans to revise that policy.