You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Hak Update 2_29 - Detailed List of Changes  (Read 7494 times)

Feral

• New to the Mists
Re: Hak Update 2_29 - Detailed List of Changes
« Reply #100 on: June 02, 2023, 09:01:08 PM »
Surely this wouldn't be considered unreasonable under the circumstances? I think gating it behind an individual application would be incredibly time consuming for the teams behind POTM too as you would likely be inundated with requests before long (if you haven't already been).

It's our long-standing policy not to grant automatic remakes unless a class' features were substantially altered, forcing a relevel to get class features. We have no plans to revise that policy.

To clarify, I'm not asking for a remake, just the ability to re-level using the crystal. As a multi-class, and out of the 90 day window, the crystal previously would allow me to sacrifice XP to re-do my last level but this this is no longer working. I'm also a multi-class so I am unable to change my invocations now to suit the newly implemented eldritch claws as my warlock levels are on hiatus at the moment. I'm not looking to do anything but take some of the new feats which are more suitable to the ones I had taken as there was less of a selection before, and change my invocations, no changing of level orders or anything like that.

In this case are you advising we are to raise re-make applications to allow us access to the newly implemented features? If so i can raise an application no problem but seems time consuming for your team.

Also, on a separate note, I play on MacOS and the new spell targeting reticles/circles is not working at all for me. Is this a Windows only feature do we know? When I target a spell (tried from radial or hotbar) no targeting line/circle AOE markers appear at all. I asked my friend on Windows to check and it appears for him. He uses Blast of Sand and a cone appears as an overlay before selecting, but no cone appears for my Colour Spray.

Any ideas?

-Feral

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #101 on: June 02, 2023, 09:06:06 PM »
Yeah, relevel requests must be sent to the DM team. It’s not automatic either. Each is reviewed on a case by case basis. If people want to relevel to pick a new feat, it's usually approved, but they're not blanket relevels or remakes.

As for MacOS you’ll have to ask the Beamdog developers

Edit: To elaborate on the MacOS thing, I don't know if they released the .35 patch on it, if not then you won't see them. Considering the game is no longer officially supported, but is now only supported for free by some former developers/community members, I wouldn't expect them to adapt their patches for all platforms anymore (as far as I know the console versions are already very far behind).
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 11:36:07 PM by EO »

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #102 on: June 02, 2023, 11:45:20 PM »
Something about staff of fury and robes of transcendent thought changed (adjusted item value?), you now need 20 UMD instead of 5(or was it 10 before?) to be able to equip them.
It is a bit of a bummer since you would only be able to equip them at lvl ~15 as a warlock, without doing item swap shenanigans.

Is that an intended change or something different going on?

Found the cause but will need a hak update to fix unfortunately. We'll likely do a small update in the coming weeks (or later depending) to fix some issues.

bloodless

• The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • ?
« Reply #103 on: June 05, 2023, 08:10:21 AM »
One of the old painting placeables got replaced with a different one post-hak. I don't have numbers or a picture of the original, it was a night time thing with the moon up or something of that nature. It now looks like this hanging on my wall.

bunnie

• Head Empty
  • Gendarmerie
  • Dark Power
  • what is him think
« Reply #104 on: June 05, 2023, 11:17:50 AM »
the new placeable #13781 (!New:Plant: Potted, Cactus 01 (NWIC)) is a little wonky

softdrink

• Undead Slayer
  • Power Overflowing
« Reply #105 on: June 05, 2023, 01:56:30 PM »
We've enabled effect stacking with this hak, as disabling it penalized other classes. I'm actually aiming for 210% (vs 150% for others), which corresponds to the max monk speed at level 17 (or 18?), but need to test some things. Wouldn't want a level 1 monk to be able to hit that speed either.

Has this adjustment been made with the latest patch? If it has then hasted movespeed on a monk is still capped out at 150% with no fix.

Maiyannah

• First Watcher
  • Dark Power
  • Courage is the soul of life.
« Reply #106 on: June 05, 2023, 02:00:36 PM »
We've enabled effect stacking with this hak, as disabling it penalized other classes. I'm actually aiming for 210% (vs 150% for others), which corresponds to the max monk speed at level 17 (or 18?), but need to test some things. Wouldn't want a level 1 monk to be able to hit that speed either.

Has this adjustment been made with the latest patch? If it has then hasted movespeed on a monk is still capped out at 150% with no fix.

My understanding is that it will have to be the next HAKpak update, not a normal update.
The changelog doesn't mention it.
Currently:
Livu Olmstead - First Watcher of Helm
Emmanuelle Skyshard - Ezran escapee from Hazlan

Also:
Liliana Bolboceanu - Forest ranger

bunnie

• Head Empty
  • Gendarmerie
  • Dark Power
  • what is him think
« Reply #107 on: June 06, 2023, 06:18:59 AM »
One of the old painting placeables got replaced with a different one post-hak. I don't have numbers or a picture of the original, it was a night time thing with the moon up or something of that nature. It now looks like this hanging on my wall.

placeable is #2533 (WallArt: Painting 10)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 09:10:44 AM by bunnie »