You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Regarding POTM assets  (Read 417 times)

archonzero

• Dark Lord
    • ArchonZero's Gallery Art
Regarding POTM assets
« on: March 28, 2023, 06:24:16 PM »
Question regarding the updated EE, an the HD assets by Beamdog.

Are these included in the install of NWN-EE/ or POTM assets?
Are they supported by PoTM? (ie work without issues)

If they are not included with either but supported for use. What assets should I use and could someone provide a linkable resource to DL from?

Thank you for any an all responses. BG3 had me feeling nostalgic for a open PW multiplayer D+D. Adjusting away from 5E back to 3E will take a bit of course. :)

Favee

• Undead Master
Re: Regarding POTM assets
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2023, 06:28:44 PM »
To my understanding the HD asset pack is not officially supported by PoTM.

That being said, the assets should more or less work well with the server.  Though some assets will not be HD as they are from other asset packs like the CEP, or custom made to fit the current levels of model and texture fidelity.

If you intend to use the HD assets I recommend you use the version with community fixes.

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwnee/hakpak/original-hakpak/beamdogs-hd-art-pack-community-fixes

I'll add an edit and say I personally don't recommend using the HD override / assets.  PoTM will download any necessary files through NWNsync when you log into PoTM.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 06:30:50 PM by Favee »
Discord: Favee#4934

archonzero

• Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2023, 08:43:31 PM »
Hmm. Okay.

So you would be referencing to this, as I didn't catch anything pointedly stating community fixed HD assets. I'm just guessing that the tags for Compiled and fixed could reference that?

Beamdog's HD Texture Pack - Userpatch V 1.4.2 [Compiled] (Fixed weapon icons) (2343)?

Favee

• Undead Master
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2023, 08:47:16 PM »
Hmm. Okay.

So you would be referencing to this, as I didn't catch anything pointedly stating community fixed HD assets. I'm just guessing that the tags for Compiled and fixed could reference that?

Beamdog's HD Texture Pack - Userpatch V 1.4.2 [Compiled] (Fixed weapon icons) (2343)?

Yes, the top link.  v1.4.2 [compiled] (fixed weapon icons)

Though some assets will still be older looking, the mixture might be a bit jarring on PoTM specifically.
Discord: Favee#4934

archonzero

• Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2023, 10:09:32 PM »
Much obliged. Cheers.