You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Another Planned Expedition to Markovia  (Read 439 times)

Imperial

• Undead Master
  • siggy image courtesy of bunnie
Another Planned Expedition to Markovia
« on: March 23, 2023, 09:15:51 PM »
[Notices decorated with vivid illustrations are scattered throughout the City of Lights, with a few ending up as far as the Keep of the Dyad in the Mists.]

I, Vesnia Endymion, INTREPID explorer and famed archaeologist, intend to embark upon yet another expedition to the savage isle of Markovia. This shall be one of several such expeditions, with the end-goal and eventual future aim of establishing a permanent colony and bringing the light of civilization to the darkness of its jungles there. This expedition shall be focused around exploration of what is believed to be the inner sanctum of an ancient temple complex resting once inhabited by a secretive and enigmatic group of monastics, and closer examination of the same. Should there be any time left over, there shall be a short excursion to collect as much silver from the river feeding into the Sunset Bay and south of it, christened by me as the Argent River.

Individuals with an interest in participating and assisting with this expedition are encouraged to write to me, with a letter addressed to me at Shotaru's Rokuman Delights that gives name, place of birth, and relevant skillset. Places within the expedition are limited and shall be offered on a first come, first serve basis, though those who have participated in previous expeditions of mine shall be given preferential treatment. Payment of 3,000 solars is guaranteed to all who are granted leave to join me. Low-rate tomb robbers, looters, and opportunists are unwelcome, as are men and women who are lacking in patience and wish to speed through the ruins and take everything without consideration or thought.

Those who rush blindly ahead or attempt to steal what archaeological finds, mineral wealth, or other treasures we may uncover or exhume at the site will be dealt with appropriately, and furthermore barred from future expeditions of mine. Their name will also be posted publicly in all civilized locations for all to see, along with the reasons for being barred.

Those who desire to learn more about this mysterious island in the Sea of Sorrows, and its past, with a hunger for knowledge and a love of exploration are very much welcome and encouraged to write. We will be setting off in three days' time.

Signed,
- Vesnia Endymion

Expeditions Sponsored by Endymion's Intrepid Expeditions, a subsidiary of Katayama Enterprises and the Bellegarde Consortium

« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 09:23:29 PM by Imperial »

Imperial

• Undead Master
Re: Another Planned Expedition to Markovia
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2023, 06:25:34 AM »
((This is today!))

Imperial

• Undead Master
Re: Another Planned Expedition to Markovia
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2023, 04:08:37 PM »
[Various provisions and supplies can be seen loaded to inside the Mutinied Sailor, along the docks of Port-a-Lucine as the time of the expedition draws close…]