Author Topic: Can we PLEASE get a Garda for Gabriel!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3993 times)

strangerinthealps

• Undead Master
Re: Can we PLEASE get a Garda for Gabriel!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #125 on: March 23, 2023, 12:31:29 PM »
Sounds like the garda could make a killing fining people for breaking curfew by simply waiting in the warehouse.  Excellent roleplay opportunity to take these filthy outlanders coin.

As I understand it, curfew is for loitering, not for travelling from one place to another.

I could be wrong.

jimkaf

• Always wanted to be the One, True,
  • Dark Lord
  • U RP WRONG
« Reply #126 on: March 23, 2023, 12:34:34 PM »
Sounds like the garda could make a killing fining people for breaking curfew by simply waiting in the warehouse.  Excellent roleplay opportunity to take these filthy outlanders coin.

As I understand it, curfew is for loitering, not for travelling from one place to another.

I could be wrong.

The current guideline is that about the curfew. Loitering is the transgression, going to places you sure get looks and maybe some cursing but allowed. Otherwise the garda at the gates wouldn't open them for PCs either.
Active PC: Skender Vacarescu [NWN Portrait Download]

Maiyannah

• First Watcher
  • Dark Power
  • Courage is the soul of life.
« Reply #127 on: March 23, 2023, 12:56:02 PM »

I could be wrong.

The current guideline is that about the curfew. Loitering is the transgression, going to places you sure get looks and maybe some cursing but allowed. Otherwise the garda at the gates wouldn't open them for PCs either.

Right, but thats travelling one place to the other, not staying in one place.  Mind you it's on Gabriel whether he minds players crashing the night there.  I know my partner's character is certainly guilty of hiding out there when its dark, for no other purpose than "I cant get to the inn without wererats eating me, so I guess this works"
Currently:
Livu Olmstead - First Watcher of Helm
Emmanuelle de le Foret - Ezrite escapee from Hazlan

Also:
Sarabeth d'Gagne - Ghastrian artist
Sabina Ennaies - Barovian road warden

strangerinthealps

• Undead Master
« Reply #128 on: March 23, 2023, 01:37:21 PM »

I could be wrong.

Right, but thats travelling one place to the other, not staying in one place.  Mind you it's on Gabriel whether he minds players crashing the night there.  I know my partner's character is certainly guilty of hiding out there when its dark, for no other purpose than "I cant get to the inn without wererats eating me, so I guess this works"

I think the curfew fine only applies to loitering outdoors. Indoors is fine.

I WISH there were a fine for drawing monsters indoors...

Also, worth noting, the Wererats CAN open doors. They won't open a closed door unless they are chasing someone. But if you run inside and slam the door, the wererats will absolutely open it right back up, come inside, and murder everyone.

jimkaf

• Always wanted to be the One, True,
  • Dark Lord
  • U RP WRONG
« Reply #129 on: March 23, 2023, 01:40:48 PM »
The curfew is about loitering outdoors since it's OOCly also meant to encourage people to gather and RP inside so the whole setting of the deserted at night Barovian streets is represented.
Active PC: Skender Vacarescu [NWN Portrait Download]

Maiyannah

• First Watcher
  • Dark Power
« Reply #130 on: March 23, 2023, 01:43:32 PM »
I think the curfew fine only applies to loitering outdoors. Indoors is fine.

I WISH there were a fine for drawing monsters indoors...

Also, worth noting, the Wererats CAN open doors. They won't open a closed door unless they are chasing someone. But if you run inside and slam the door, the wererats will absolutely open it right back up, come inside, and murder everyone.

Without getting into the details, I have absolutely been fined before for monsters following me indoors.  But it relies on player garda catching you - and I do think at least some of recent issues stems from the unfortunate lull in garda players right now (seems a lot of them are sick or otherwise consumed by IRL right now)

Closing the doors still helps prevent wandering rats.  It won't stop already aggressive wererats, but the rats before they transform cannot use doors.  In short, if the doors are closed, its going to stop the passing rodents and they should only be in there if someone dragged them (at which point, thats an action that has consequences too.)

To circle back to the OT, you can absolutely report someone for dragging wererats into there and getting the keeper killed.  I can't speak for them now, but I know that's a report Roxane would have actioned when she was garda.
Currently:

Also:

PrimetheGrime

• Full-time Hunter, Part-time Outlaw
  • Dark Power
« Reply #131 on: March 23, 2023, 10:46:37 PM »
It should be noted, as I've seen misinformation about the curfew for the past year, that whilst it is about preventing loitering and being outdoors at night, there is no strict ruling on travelling to and from another location, such as from the sanctuary to the inn.

---
I will never be in agreement of adding day/night cycles of closing to the drain. The drain, like many criminal enterprises doesn't sleep. Hoth sure might, and if it is required we could cycle a nighttime or daytime barmen to give him a break but I also think a degree of using imagination is in order. Just because an npc is mechanically there at all times doesn't mean he doesn't take breaks and other people fill in for him. Definite no on closing anything underworld for the reason of a cycle.

strangerinthealps

• Undead Master
« Reply #132 on: March 24, 2023, 08:44:31 AM »
It should be noted, as I've seen misinformation about the curfew for the past year, that whilst it is about preventing loitering and being outdoors at night, there is no strict ruling on travelling to and from another location, such as from the sanctuary to the inn.

---
I will never be in agreement of adding day/night cycles of closing to the drain. The drain, like many criminal enterprises doesn't sleep. Hoth sure might, and if it is required we could cycle a nighttime or daytime barmen to give him a break but I also think a degree of using imagination is in order. Just because an npc is mechanically there at all times doesn't mean he doesn't take breaks and other people fill in for him. Definite no on closing anything underworld for the reason of a cycle.

+1

There are so many down times where no one is in the Drain that I feel it can just be assumed that Hoth, Reds, Crawler and the Mad Doc sleep when folks aren't there.

Big Bronkus NEVER sleeps...

Maiyannah

• First Watcher
  • Dark Power
« Reply #133 on: March 24, 2023, 09:05:42 AM »
There are so many down times where no one is in the Drain that I feel it can just be assumed that Hoth, Reds, Crawler and the Mad Doc sleep when folks aren't there.

It would be nice to see a "rotation" of a day shift and night shift, for the sake of both some variety, and for making the world feel a little more alive, but it isn't the end of the world (and a little tangential to the OP).

I don't think it even makes sense to have an enforced downtime in the Drain though: these are outcasts and outlaws, and they come and go on no set schedule.
Currently:

Also:

strangerinthealps

• Undead Master
« Reply #134 on: March 24, 2023, 09:26:24 AM »

It would be nice to see a "rotation" of a day shift and night shift, for the sake of both some variety, and for making the world feel a little more alive, but it isn't the end of the world (and a little tangential to the OP).

I don't think it even makes sense to have an enforced downtime in the Drain though: these are outcasts and outlaws, and they come and go on no set schedule.

More importantly, it's a full community, moreso than a location within Vallaki. People live there, have businesses, taverns and temples there. They sleep there. Moreover, those people are marginalized by Barovian society, have more to fear from the folk above than from the horrors of the night, and are well accustomed to bucking the status quo.