Author Topic: Missing?  (Read 304 times)

Vissy

• Dark Lord
Missing?
« on: March 01, 2023, 07:53:56 AM »
What are these thoughts? Why doesn't it all add up? Am I mad?

Though the sun had risen hours ago, you'd be forgiven for thinking it was still the early hours of dawn as a persistent shroud of gray loomed above. Martira Bay, however, was never asleep. And there was one place that applied to more than anywhere else: the Roost of the Restless, the Night Owls' Nursing Home, the one and only Anxious Address... something, it seemed, was once again up at the Bards' College. Little fliers with a picture attached, hung from walls alongside others...

MISSING: Catilia Calostin

If you see this woman, write to us! As in this artistic illustration, you may recognize her by her dirty blonde hair and terrible attitude! Look for a suspicious slouch and thrifty, thieving fingers! Don't expect a reward - she's not worth one!

How strange. The fliers don't last for a long time, and after a short-lived war of take-down and replacement, the incident was soon apparently forgotten...
Active Character: Heir Andarateia, Lia Lanthaloran
Other Character(s): Gilraine Alean'ani
Shelved Character(s): Vinyafael Yavanna, Callistrae Dawnshadow, Vika van Voytz
Closured Character(s): Rakel Leviken, Celeste Seifert

Vissy

• Dark Lord
Re: Missing?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2023, 08:29:34 AM »
What are you even trying to do?

Mad girl... always seeing ghosts.

Never seen her without that bow. Swear I've seen her talking to it sometimes.

You'll always be second-best with me around, country girl.

The College had a very strict, if simple, hierarchy: there were those who stood at the top, lording it over the rest, and then there were all the others, scrambling to try and knock them off their perch. Nominally, it was all based on merit. Of course, in reality, only the most prodigious of ankle-biters could ever hope to launch themselves up the ladder (while trampling on the heads of those below them). And as it was with many others, so had this pair of climbers devolved into what one might affectionately call a 'fierce rivalry', or, as one veteran was prone to calling it, 'first-rate entertainment'. Clovis and Catilia. (The alliteration did not amuse either of them).

Catilia had arrived at the town with nothing but a bow on her back and a name to call herself. A country girl of at-best dubious origins, she immediately became the bottom of the totem-pole and promptly gotten herself into a furious rivalry with a fellow thief, Clovis Scylla. By some miracle, they weren't half bad at their work, either - and ascended the ranks quite steadily. The only problem was, they couldn't stand one another...

One day, though, Catilia vanished.. well, maybe Clovis had finally gotten the better of her intrepid rival?

I'm the country girl from Tidemore. My parents were fishers - born and bred in there, too. I was, too, until I wanted to move to Martira Bay in search of something better. My father left me his bow, a family treasure -

No, that part... I can't...

"What's a Sithican bow doing in your hands?" the man said, brows raised. 'You stole it', he thought. Didn't know the truth.

It stuck with me. What was a bow from Sithicus doing in my father's hands...?

And the more it stuck, the less I wanted to stay...
Active Character: Heir Andarateia, Lia Lanthaloran
Other Character(s): Gilraine Alean'ani
Shelved Character(s): Vinyafael Yavanna, Callistrae Dawnshadow, Vika van Voytz
Closured Character(s): Rakel Leviken, Celeste Seifert