You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Magic Insight, Draconic Knowledge, Automatic Still Spell and Voice of Wrath bugs  (Read 354 times)

Jetaimie

• New to the Mists
Recently started playing a warlock and there are a few bugs I would like to report.

1) Magic Insight doesn't seem to work - it always shows a *Failure - object is not a valid target for this spell *. I have tried casting it on a variety of items - Scrolls, Armour, herbs etc. I have also tried casting it in a variety of ways - from the quickslot, casting from the item itself, casting while the item is in my inventory and casting while the item is on the floor. It always says the same thing.

2) Voice of Wrath seems to only add 1 DC to my Voice of Madness curse. Its DC is 20, while the DC for Miasmic Cloud is 19. I have both Invocation Improvement feats and Voice of Madness.

3) Draconic Knowledge adds 6 to Use Magic Device instead of Spellcraft, though the spell description says it should be spellcraft.

4) I bought a Ring of Arcane Stillness and equipped it, but it doesn't seem to have any effects on my invocations. Is that supposed to be the case?

inkcorvid

• Dark Power
iirc, the Magic Insight bug is known, and is getting fixed with the next Hak update. Hurrah!

The Voice of Wrath feat only applies to curses, and unfortunately Voice of Madness isn't a curse: it just has the mind-affecting tag. Spells that count as curses include Baleful Polymorph (and hence the Warlock's Word of Changing invocation), Feeblemind, Withering Palm and Bestow Curse (and hence the Warlock's Curse of Despair invocation).
Active: Nissa Arden, Chiara Grassini
Shelved: Dindalmogra Ggol, Serinda Takmarin, Lyra Rimewood, Sofie Reiss, Aidelina Gatteux, Odette Sautereau, Livny Skovgaard, Innogen Ashe
Closed: Anjeza Bajramovic, Nim Farboffle

Maragrouf

• The Underworld
  • Undead Slayer
3) Draconic Knowledge adds 6 to Use Magic Device instead of Spellcraft, though the spell description says it should be spellcraft.

4) I bought a Ring of Arcane Stillness and equipped it, but it doesn't seem to have any effects on my invocations. Is that supposed to be the case?

Draconic Knowledge is definitely wrong here, so it will likely get patched up next Update.

As for the Ring, well... Still Spell only has a use if you are wearing an heavier armor than your class usually allows, enabling you to bypass Spell Casting Failure (from Medium or Heavy armor, in the case of Warlock), and that's it. If you're in light armor or have the Battle Caster feat (allowing you to cast freely with an armor one type heavier than usual) then it's useless. Also Still Spell has no special effect on your spells damage or your casting animation (if I'm not wrong) so... yeah.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
I'll fix Draconic Knowledge. A fix is already pending for Magic Insight next hak update.

And as others have mentioned, Voice of Madness isn't a curse, so isn't covered by Voice of Wrath.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Draconic Knowledge should now be fixed.