You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Action Server Information  (Read 1271 times)

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Action Server Information
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2023, 09:34:55 AM »
I don't think it's a good idea to push people directly towards the action server if they're more action-oriented; that's depriving them (and the server) of the potential to learn to enjoy roleplay.

zDark Shadowz

• Dark Lord
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2023, 09:54:03 AM »
Amendment to my last post:

There is not such a thing as unfairness in the action server, as there is no RP NOR COMPETITION whatsoever.

a lvl 2 has everything to gain from a lvl 20 character as they can provide crafted equipment and high end crafting material to rush through crafting.

I cannot overstate how critical the lack of crafting items is on the action server.

Bring your lvl 20 characters. push to shove, theyll hovel in mist camp while the lvl 2 will keep dying in the crypts.

If you arent playing the action server for the challenge of it, since you want loot & craft & help from level 20s, why not just play your characters on the test server instead and skip to 20 yourself?

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2023, 05:05:31 PM »
I don't think it's a good idea to push people directly towards the action server if they're more action-oriented; that's depriving them (and the server) of the potential to learn to enjoy roleplay.

Then why do we even have the action server?
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2023, 05:25:45 PM »
Amendment to my last post:

There is not such a thing as unfairness in the action server, as there is no RP NOR COMPETITION whatsoever.

a lvl 2 has everything to gain from a lvl 20 character as they can provide crafted equipment and high end crafting material to rush through crafting.

I cannot overstate how critical the lack of crafting items is on the action server.

Bring your lvl 20 characters. push to shove, theyll hovel in mist camp while the lvl 2 will keep dying in the crypts.

If you arent playing the action server for the challenge of it, since you want loot & craft & help from level 20s, why not just play your characters on the test server instead and skip to 20 yourself?

Because that's not what the test server is for
Crafting is not fun. But it is necessary to tackle the later dungeons especially since there is almost no one around to party with. And dungeons are almost all max spawn always since no one hits them.

Character List:

Marph - Closured
Marius Rucescu - Closured
Romeo Lascaris - Closured

Merry Munchkin

• Dark Lord
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2023, 05:27:05 PM »
You could rename them the "introvert server" and the "extrovert server".  Takes the RP judgment out of the whole thing.

Burleigh Burrowell - RIP

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2023, 05:46:06 PM »

It is for console players that may not have access to a keyboard.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2023, 05:57:37 PM »

Oooh, I misunderstood based on the title
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

Anarcoplayba

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2023, 06:09:37 PM »

Also, due to personal reasons more or lessa already explained for everyone, my gaming schedule is chaotic of late. I simply cannot compromise with a group of strangers, with their own schedules and problems with anything. The action server is a great escape valve for me, without needing to explian people that Im entering and exiting afk (many times in the middle of a dungeon).
Noignar Huillen: Ilmater Cleric.
Hedien Gine: Arrow and Bow Artist.
Dolin Schneim: Dwarven Soldier