Author Topic: Erroneous and ineffective items  (Read 398 times)

Dardonas

Erroneous and ineffective items
« on: February 17, 2023, 12:52:38 PM »
An important part of assuring balance throughout the mod is that the creatures we've set up actually work as intended. There's no better witness to this, however, than you, the players. And likely, there's no one who knows better when something isn't living up to the challenge it suggests. So I put forward this thread to encourage you all to post what lackings you encounter here, as well as suggestions to how we could make things better and the challenges more balances and interesting.

This could be things like creatures using spells redundantly or inefficiently, spells that even harm themselves - like undeads using healing - but also inefficient behavior or tactics.

It might seem as a bit of a paradox that you should help us making things harder for yourself, but in the end, it'll make the entire experience more balanced and even for all - and make the impact we want to give with this server stand clearer. So please post away... :)

This could apply to items as well, so I am making this thread. Please refrain from directly posting item stats, per the rules.

Dardonas

Re: Erroneous and ineffective items
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2023, 12:53:59 PM »
La Plus Petite Mort deals additional piercing damage, though it would be better for its item value (between 6625 and 7750) if it dealt slashing damage instead. Otherwise, its stats are overwritten by even the weakest of varnishes.

bloodless

• The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • ?
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2023, 07:37:35 PM »
A strange little bug. This is what happens when you baleful polymorph one of these guys into a chicken. He keeps trying too.

edit: I realise I posted in the wrong thread,, if someone could please move this to ineffective creatures, thank you.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 04:07:44 AM by bloodless »

HM01

• Undead Master
  • The Department of Gnomeland Security
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2023, 08:13:53 PM »
I can also confirm the above happens, though it happened quite some time ago.

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2023, 02:08:25 AM »
That's because the beginning of time stop incantation starts with Co hoh kho khu c'oh, so that's what it may sound like

Character List:

Marph - Closured
Marius Rucescu - Closured
Romeo Lascaris - Closured

Dardonas

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2023, 08:13:13 AM »
Havelock's Handy Hand-and-a-Half Sword does the exact same damage as a crafted Steel Bastard Sword, except it has one AB malus. It should do piercing or bludgeoning damage to compensate for the AB malus instead of slashing damage that does not stack with enhancement bonus.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 08:15:00 AM by Dardonas »