Author Topic: Gloire, sang, foi et amour condamné: Tales of an Ezrite -- Florimond d'Espivantt  (Read 490 times)

rapsam2003

• Church of Ezra - Refuge of Fifth Light
  • Undead Slayer
  • Stranger Lands...

"[...] Let Your Holy Fire Infuse the Powder to Burn in the Eyes of the Heretic [...]" - Ezrite Prayer of Arming

rapsam2003

• Undead Slayer
  • Stranger Lands...
I saw two soldiers fighting, drunk. One were a Falkovnian, the other were Dementlieuse. Both were at Silent Fields. Both thought the other was there to kill him.

I was in l'Armée de la République. I have seen comrades, friends die. And frankly, 'tis only by Ezra's light and by les questions pointues of Gabi - now Acolyte Gabrielle de Moreau, as even I now am Initiate Florimond d'Espivantt - that I be pas like those two men, suffering from memories and trying to drunkenly lash out at the closest source of moi douleur perçue. I hope those men find peace, as I am finding.

Aussi, I find myself more and more drawn to Gabi, to protect her and to help her spread Ezra's Word to those who will be racheté, but to dévaster those who choose the Mists of Death. She will need une épée et un fusil by her side, and I can be that.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 08:44:40 PM by rapsam2003 »

rapsam2003

• Undead Slayer
  • Stranger Lands...
Gabi and I are to take the Trial together. Ezra, nous bénisse! I feel prêt et pas prêt, an odd mix of prepared and not prepared. So étrange!

But I am ready to defend Gabi. Je l'aime, yes I think I do love her, but pas encore! First, the trial . . . What if I have to strike her down, or she I? Let us succeed first, Ezra will it!

rapsam2003

• Undead Slayer
  • Stranger Lands...
Je suis now a templier. I took the oath.

This oath holds trois meanings for me. Un, je réalise this is what I was always meant to do, but my past, as a soldat de la république, led me to this. If I n'avait pas lost my eye and been unable to serve in l'armee, then I n'avait pas returned to Fifth Day services, to seeking Ezra's guidance. Deux, je suis prêty to serve, to defend the Faithful. Trois, I believe Gabi will also pass her trial. I am told I will be there with her, and I will defend her. She will succeed.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 11:19:28 AM by rapsam2003 »

rapsam2003

• Undead Slayer
  • Stranger Lands...
Gabi and je ventured to Ghastria for her trial. Initiate Tale joined us for part of the journey, returning to Vallaki instead of joining the Vistani caravan.

Avoiding the Marquis' soldats, we found the lighthouse wherein was the Agent. Gabi battled the agent valiantly. She were stabbed in the stomach, but managed to strike through the agent's sternum. In desparation, I called on Ezra for Her healing blessing, and Gabi's wound healed afore mine eyes.

We returned to Toret Garrett in Vallaki, and Ezra raised Gabi to Her anchorite. Praise be!