You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Aerenal elf racial saving throw bonus does not work  (Read 453 times)

Alalaurealarialelia

• Outlander
Aerenal elf racial saving throw bonus does not work
« on: January 13, 2023, 11:56:48 PM »
Name:
Aerenal elf racial saving throw bonus does not work.

Where:
Anywhere.

When:
Getting hit by an effect that triggers a saving throw against negative energy or death on an Aerenal elf character.

What:
The +1 bonus to such saving throws that should occur is not applied, when I had 15 Fort on my character sheet, I made a Fort Save against Death at +15, when it should have been one higher. When I made Will Saves against negative and positive energy spells in the same fight, both were done at +17, after all other modifiers were applies, when the one against negative energy should again have been one higher.

Recreate:
Getting hit by an effect that triggers a saving throw against negative energy or death on an Aerenal elf character.

Ideas:
None, except that the bonus doesn't show up on the sheet anywhere, not as a feat or anywhere else. I am not sure if that is standard.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Re: Aerenal elf racial saving throw bonus does not work
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2023, 04:21:59 AM »
Custom features for custom subraces have this tendency of not being shown on screen, but are usually still calculated properly in the background. It is a quirk of the game engine. I'll test it in the coming days, but I suspect that is what happens here.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2023, 01:20:03 PM »
Can you specify which effects/spell those were?

Alalaurealarialelia

• Outlander
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2023, 03:39:44 PM »
The Fort Save vs. Death was from the explosion of a dying Trilloch, the Will Saves were against Negative Energy Bursts and Hammer of the Gods.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2023, 08:32:07 PM »
After doublechecking, the subraces resources topic entry was incorrect. All Eberron elves have normal elven abilities. I've updated the thread.