You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Le Phare  (Read 661 times)

Freydaelyn

• Mistress of Faces
  • Theatre de la Cathedrale
  • Dark Power
Le Phare
« on: December 25, 2022, 03:46:30 AM »
Quote from: La Phare
Le Phare: Issue 1

Publication date: 25/12/777

A new Publication

Spoiler: show
Quote from: A new Publication
Good day dear reader.
    The number of publications active within the republique has dwindled to a trickle. Besides L’Observateur many new periodicals are either unknown or nonexistent. So that is why I have put together this gazette to be distributed within the city and report the important stories in the spirit of “La Balise”. Our goal is to not spread misinformation or libel but rather the facts as they are discovered in a manageable way so that those of all walks of life within the republique can be informed. Editorials will be kept to a minimum as our focus is not to provide opinion pieces rather keep the public informed of current events, upcoming attractions and social gatherings, interviews with prominent public figures, and a splash of investigative journalism that focus on reporting the facts. May this publication be a lighthouse in the night for those seeking information.

Editor and Owner

A return from Rokushima Taiyoo
Quote from: A return from Rokushima Taiyoo
Earlier this week the Belegarde Trade Consortium Le Délice returned from its voyage to Rokushima Taiyoo, and much like the trip of the now Dowager Baroness d’Eufroide to Sri Raji, a large quantity of foodstuffs as well as other exotic goods. Though successful in their mercantile endeavors the ship and her crew were truly not without losses. From reports multiple men lost their lives upon that voyage. Le Délice’s captain, Esther-Chétienne Abbadie, made claims at the recent society of the Erudite book fair that the wardens that were upon the voyage had not acted with the most sound decision making. These claims were later confirmed by monsieur Yasutsugi Katayama upon being asked of its Validity. Poor choices of the wardens in question aside this voyage is likely to be beneficial to all within the republique.

The commotion at the Western gate; What is known
Quote from: The commotion at the Western gate; What is known
We at Le Phare will not get into the current matter of the challenge presented to Sieur Roland Steele, a duel between private members of the community is theirs to handle no matter how public they make it. The event that lead to the dispute on the other hand is of interest to us, by the claims of Mademoiselle Éléonore Ambroiseux, a Terribleand dastardly hulk struck from the shadows to try and take Madame la Baronessa de Falsonno, Consul for the Borcan Delegation, Roxana Barozzi’s life. No sides in this dispute debate this fact publicly. Aided by commoners the assailant was driven away by Monsieur Katayama and the Baronessa. Where the stories vary is the assistance given by Sieur Roland in this. Neither side disputes that Sieur Roland made a verbal insult to the Baronessa as well. While this sort of dispute between sides would not normally be newsworthy, what makes it so is that Sieur Roland is one of the heads of the “Company of the Bridge '' who is to aid with the Silent Field’s expedition. According to the Baronessa the company holds a form of indenture to aid with such, this was corroborated by a member of the company, Mademoiselle Mariah Parsons. We were unable to find Sieur Roland for comment though will continue to do so in hopes to further clarify the situation. First we wish that the commoners who aided are safe and thank them for their bravery. Secondly it is our hope that this dispute is put aside for the bigger picture of working to put the belly of the republique ahead of squabbles.

Looking for Contributors
Quote from: Looking for Contributors
Le Phare is looking for contributors, Journalists, Illustrators and interviewers to aid in future publications. All interested in aiding with our vision must have a heart for spreading truth over opinion. Please seek to speak with our editor, Mademoiselle Goulet, if you are interested in an interview. Even if you wish to not be a constant contributor you may send in articles for review to our editor Mademoiselle Goulet within the Savant.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2022, 06:36:53 AM by Freydaelyn »
Celestial noise detected;Delirium unsuspected
Static tuned in to reason
Time in the aether deepens;Transmissions blink uncompleted

Freydaelyn

• Mistress of Faces
  • Dark Power
Re: Le Phare
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 05:21:59 PM »
Le Phare: Issue 2

Publication date: 4/1/778

An interview with Consul Roxana Barozzi
Quote from: An interview with Consul Roxana Barozzi
Recently one of Le Phare’s reporters had a chance to speak with Consul Roxana Barozzi, Baroneasa di Falsonno regarding the cooperation between our two lands and what her efforts in Falsonno mean for those here in the Republique. This interview was conducted before the retraction of Monsieur Katayama’s withdrawal of his challenge to Sieur Roland. It has not been removed for accuracy of the events of the interview.

Le Phare: Thank you Madame Baronesa for having me today for this interview. I am sure the readers of Le Phare will love to hear about the ongoing development in Falsonno and how it effects the Dementluise.

Consoul Brozzi: Of course, happy to sit down and meet with you, mademoiselle.

Le Phare: You were recently landed Falsonno, there is talk on the terraces that you have already made some potentially profitable discoveries on the land. Would you care to talk of them?

Consoul Barozzi: Of course, Falsonno, along with the other holdings in western Borca, aims to be the new breadbasket of the core.. Naturally, we still have a lot of work to do.

Le Phare: If I am not mistaken, you have mentioned other plantlife of use upon the land?

Consoul Barozzi: Indeed, while we are clear-cutting and preparing the fertile land there for the cultivation of wheat, the initial surveys have uncovered the presence of silphium, foxglove, and belladonna growing wild on my estate. In too large amounts, these plants are all toxic. However, they all possess cosmetic and medicinal uses.

Le Phare: Is it safe to assume that the final destination for many of these medical herbs will find their way to aid those upon the silent fields?

Consoul Barozzi: They would actually find greater use here, I think. Foxglove, otherwise known as “digitalis”, is known for being able to help in treating and assisting with ailments of the heart. Thus, licensed physicians and the University of Dementlieur’s own Department of Medicine can find great use for it, with those in their care.

Le Phare: And those with cosmetic uses will also be finding their way to our markets as well?

Consoul Barozzi: I intend to see tincture of belladonna sold in both Dementlieuse markets and at home, diluted so as to avoid the peril that surrounds its use. Nothing quite brings out the eyes quite like it can, and women here in Dementlieu may find it a useful tool in their purse along with rouge and eyeshadow.

Le Phare: Your efforts in the city have been quite active ones. Can you talk to us about the work you are doing within the city to strengthen relations between our two lands?

Consoul Barozzi: I am promoting elements of Borca’s culture as part of an outreach program, of sorts, but I think what will strengthen the ties between our two countries, more than anything, will be the resolution of the Silent Fields question. For my own part, I have been working for months to ensure that this question is answered as peacefully as possible, with as little bloodshed as can be managed.

Le Phare: To bring up a potential sore spot, there are some in the city who are quite vocally aggressive in their belief that your behavior is not as someone of your position should be. Would you like to respond to that on the record?

Consoul Barozzi: The Vicontessa favors me because I produce results, and the product of all my hard work will be coming quite soon. I can admittedly be brusque at times, but I think it is important not to lose sight that we are all on the same team. Falkovnia favors dissension within the ranks, whether it be inside a country, or between them. Disunity gives them something they can happily capitalize on. We should be careful that past isn’t prologue. They desperately want relations to become strained, in order to ensure that Dementlieu remains dependent upon them to see everyone fed. They wish for our efforts here to fail and they will, if we are at each other’s throats.

Le Phare: I do not like bringing it up but given the recent visible situation with Sieur Roland, would you on the record publicly confirm your willingness to put any ill feelings behind you to see just what you said done, putting these differences aside for something greater?

Consoul Barozzi: Of course. Not to say that I do not find it charming to see an upstanding man like Samurai Yasutsugi Katayama stand up for me and defend my honor, it is the stuff that romance novels are written around. That being said, I think we all tire of the distractions that we ought to stay focused. If Sieur Roland is willing to retract what was said of me, I will consider the matter buried and we can all get back to the matter at hand.

Le Phare: The Falkovnians wish to spill enough of our blood, we should not aid them in this. I know you are a busy woman Madame Baronesa so I will ask one final question. If there was one thing you could say to the readers of Le Phare, either advise or just something else, what would you say? Le Phare is distributed about the entire city, not just the publique and the Savant.

Consoul Barozzi: Not to circle back to a previous point, but I think if my behavior is found by others to be questionable by a vocal few among the Dementlieuse, they out to have a look at the chosen representative of their next-door neighbor, beyond that, I would be happy to address the Quartier Marchand and the Quartier Ouvrier.

Le Phare: Please do.

Consoul Barozzi: It is no secret that there was a gathering of hard-working laborers before the Vicontessa’s own manse, our embassy outside of the country, a few months prior. Men and women with very real concerns. They fret that this will be a rich man’s war, and a poor man’s fight, and that they will be the ones made to shoulder the burden. I can tell them that I am taking every possible step to prevent needless death and injury among not just my own people, but the people of Dementlieu as well. Furthermore. I am doing all I can to ensure that when the dust clears and the brigandry in the Silent Fields has been brought to and end, that the caravans will start moving grain from my own homeland to Dementlieu as soon as can be made possible. No longer will great famine accompany Drakov’s belligerence, and the start of a new chapter the western Core’s history will begin. A brighter one.

Le Phare: I know how busy everyone can be, so thank you so much for your time today Madame Baronesa.

Consoul Barozzi: You are most welcome.

Missing Person: Dove
Quote from: Missing Person: Dove
It has been almost a month since performer and an assistant manager of the Theatre de la Cathedrale, Dove, has been seen in public. The Mademoiselle is a Young woman with silky smooth black hair that reaches past her shoulders, unblemished skin, amber eyes, and is often wearing well tailored outfits with leather gloves. Those with any information upon the mademoiselle’s wearabouts are encouraged to inform the Gendarme.

If the mademoiselle happens to read this, come home. Your friends miss you and are worried for your well being.

De Sauvre Raffle a Large Success

Quote from: De Sauvre Raffle a Large Success
At the recent New year’s Ball hosted by house Ambroiseux, the Du Sauvre foundation held a raffle with the proceeds going to the foundation. The raffle was successful in raising over 80,000 solars on the evening. Our reporters had a chance to speak with Sieur Dorian Du Sauvre at the event to ask a few questions regarding where the raised money would go. According to Sieur Dorian the money was raised that evening to see to predicted further hikes in food costs with the continued stress placed upon the Republique. The noblesse oblige shown by Sieur Dorian is likely to provide some relief to those who are struggling with the ongoing Grain shortage.

Looking for Contributors
Quote from: Looking for Contributors
Le Phare is looking for contributors, Journalists, Illustrators and interviewers to aid in future publications. All interested in aiding with our vision must have a heart for spreading truth over opinion. Please seek to speak with our editor, Mademoiselle Goulet, if you are interested in an interview. Even if you wish to not be a constant contributor you may send in articles for review to our editor Mademoiselle Goulet within the Savant.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 09:35:08 PM by Freydaelyn »

Freydaelyn

• Mistress of Faces
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2023, 09:34:39 PM »
Le Phare: Special Edition

Publication date: 4/1/778

Heinous Attack in the Ouriver
Quote from: Heinous Attack in the Ouriver
It is with a heavy heart that we at Le Phare must release a special edition. Given the recent events within the Ouriver it was important to us that the people were informed as soon as possible of the events within the old Colibri Theatre this evening. We at Le Phare do not support entering abandoned buildings but the actions of Sieur Roland Steele and his accomplices were entirely uncalled for. Those who have given testimony on the events will be left anonymous for their safety. All information that is held within the following article has been reported to the Gendarme.

This evening our editor Mlle. Goulet had the unfortunate privilege of seeing the fallout of an attack lead on what was advertised as a show within the Collibri. Those who had attended the event claimed that after the first act had finished Sieur Roland as well as others entered with him. One was identified as an elven woman that our investigators have learned is named Heir who had arrived with another elven woman known as Melian. Both of these women have been described as Wayfarers, and both wear matching amulets. Sieur Roland demanded that all within the theatre surrender before not giving those within enough time to do so before attacking those within.

The elven woman known as Heir used stage magic to appear as a bear and cause further trauma to those within before further arcane spells were used turning many within to stone. Another spell that was described as being used was identified as something known as “Power Word: Kill” and was recognized by name with a frown by Sieur Dorian de Sauvre, Sergeant of the Gendarme Nationale. The effects of this was described in detail by one witness, causing pain, damage internally and then bleeding, a truly horrifying thing for anyone to experience.

While one witness was able to escape and get help allowing others to come and try and help those who were so brutally attacked, they were not able to stop the events that unfolded they were able to at least identify Sieur Roland at the scene of the event. The total number able to clearly identify Sieur Roland as being involved is four as of the writing of this article with likely more to come forward in the coming days as the gendarme receives more reports. There are conflicting reports that there were no lives lost but also reports of bodies found on the floor.

Sieur Roland is very publicly associated with the Company of the Bridge as well as recently being in a very visual and public dispute with Consul Barozzi. The advertisements for recruitment for the company openly call for those to come serve the Serene Republic and to serve with honor, additionally all candidates must remain in good standing with the laws of Dementlieu. The fallout of these actions are yet to be seen, but we encourage anyone with further information to report it to the Gendarme and to keep them and their loved ones safe in these trying times for the most vulnerable members of the Republique.

Freydaelyn

• Mistress of Faces
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2023, 04:06:28 PM »
Le Phare: Silent Fields Editorial

Publication date: 18/1/778

On the Silent Fields

Quote from: On The Silent Fields
The Silent Fields is very much on the minds of all of Dementlieu, with this in mind the standard issue of Le Phare is going to be put on a temporary hold. Le Phare has no one there to report on the active happenings but will be looking to obtain testimonials once individuals begin to return. What we can comment on is here at home. We have seen many go off to battle and return. Many are quick to see only the heroism of those who defend the republique but do not lose sight of all that they have given up to do this. How many lose their lives, how many horrors they might have seen that will reside with them long after the fighting has finished, how many lose limbs. Many will often claim that these battles are decided by the affluent and fought by the poor but I point to the many noble representatives that take the field and march with our Borcan allies. This isn’t even mentioning the various individuals not from Dementlieu or Borca that come to the aid of the republique. When this conflict comes to an end, remember that these are still people who have gone through harrowing events for the betterment of the republique. Oftentimes people devolve into us vs them arguments and mentalities. Do not let this cloud your compassion for those who need it and have given part of themselves so that you can eat and not be at the entire behest of the hawk and his sadistic whims.

Editor and Owner