You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Thick Monstrous Spider Chitin - Sell price different than payment received  (Read 422 times)

malthuul

• New to the Mists
When selling Thick Monstrous Spider Chitin to Petre, the price shown when hovering over the item is different than the coin he gives you for the sale.

https://gyazo.com/df39d618c0cf0add550a28c2b1f69c50

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Re: Thick Monstrous Spider Chitin - Sell price different than payment received
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2022, 11:31:24 PM »
This is most probably caused by the cost parameter modifier on the item.
That being said, be duly warned that it is an error if a raw crafting component can be sold for that much gold to NPCs.
The values will be reviewed and adjusted.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Ryujin

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2022, 07:48:44 AM »
I remember there being a bug as well where if you were bartering, and someone with less appraise/merchant feats were to open the shop, it would set the max amount of coin you can receive for selling to their max amount. I’m not sure if that has been patches out yet but maybe that could be the culprit?

This is most probably caused by the cost parameter modifier on the item.
That being said, be duly warned that it is an error if a raw crafting component can be sold for that much gold to NPCs.
The values will be reviewed and adjusted.

Also i’m fairly certain that every high tier hide also sells for way more than that unworked. I always thought this was intended.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 10:20:22 AM by Ryujin »
Active: Naexalim Alearaheal.
Shelved: Chen Mei, Corin Bluespire, Osirion Shivan, Dukgeth, Valathar El'lyn. Closured: Cyrun Mask

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2022, 11:45:12 AM »
I will have to dig, it may be that it is indeed that bug.

Also i’m fairly certain that every high tier hide also sells for way more than that unworked. I always thought this was intended.

Yes and no. Things changed along the way. There used to be a time where the value of a component would impact crafting XP. The higher the value the more CXP one would get. This is no longer the case but the values on components were never revised. When I added newer components myself I used the old ones as templates explaining why some ended up with higher values then they should. It came to my notice recently that some players were exploiting the components' values to make insane amounts of gold quickly. The value of the more problematic components were already changed, but I think now that a full audit of our crafting components cost values is overdue. I'll make a proposal to my fellow devs soon.

In a nutshell:
- Most components in their raw form should have a low cost value. It's not the function of these components to compete with loot drops and be salable for gold to NPCs. The expectation is that raw components should either be used in crafting or sold to other PCs.
- Exceptions will be considered based on rarity and difficulty to acquire a given component. Although hard to get does not necessarily equate more value.
- Rare crafting component loot drops should remain valuable, though I may decrease the value of some so they drop more often.
Best Regards!
MAB

HirtZirk

• Outlander
Selling for 200 ish should be fine for ancient dire animals& ebon tiger.

Finding those at NPC merchant is actually great for crafters that dont have the network or lvl to hunt those dangerous creatures.

The resell price is the problem. it is hard to afford a 2800 is pelt when you not of the lvl to get it yourself easily.
If we could keep the sell price at least worth while so people would consider selling it rather than giving it away would be good.
but please lower buy price to say 50% increase or 100% between 300 and 500 ish for ancient dire animal.

considering thick spider chitin I was buying it from Petre for 980 its "affordable" but too expensive. making npc buy is for 100ish is fine but resell for 200 300 ish sounds more what id expect.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
You need not worry about that anymore The changes to crafting component cost value has been completed. Without fail, every crafting component is now better sold to PC crafters than NPCs.

If you still see prices that are too high let me know, that would be an oversight.
Best Regards!
MAB