Author Topic: [A Letter on Unity - Posted Throughout Port-a-Lucine]  (Read 235 times)

House de Courcillon

• New to the Mists
[A Letter on Unity - Posted Throughout Port-a-Lucine]
« on: November 21, 2022, 05:46:26 PM »
Dementlieu is Grand.  Dementlieu is Rich.  Dementlieu is Cultured.  Dementlieu is Enlightened.

But Dementlieu is not strong.  Dementlieu can never be strong until we put aside our differences and unite as one people, until our infighting is no more, until our enemies can no longer exploit the vulnerabilities of our society and turn brother against brother.  The history of our Country is thick with infighting, but it is also full of times where we have come together against a common foe or looming catastrophe.  Make no mistake failure in the Silent Fields is one such catastrophe, for starvation is a killer that ignores social caste, and as long as we remain reliant upon our enemies for our grain it will always be a looming risk.

The Silent Fields Campaign is a chance for our Country to show our true might, what can be accomplished by a united Dementlieu. 

Some fear that I seek to rebuild the Solemn Covenant, they see the names of Miseaux and Mortain rally to an Eastern lord once more and fear that another Master has risen his ugly head.  But this is not true.  The East unites, yes, but it is only to show the Council of Brilliance and the People that the sins of the past will not stop us from defending the Nation that we love.  That the dark cloud of recent history will not cause us to shirk our duty, and that Honor and Loyalty and Obligation are not forgotten in the East.

To those of the gentry that are still unsure of my intentions I would ask you to remember the deeds of my uncle, mister Baronet Emeric de Courcillon, a man of honor and integrity.  The man who raised me, and who I seek to emulate not just in war, but also in peace.  Put your faith in me and I will not leave you disappointed.

And to my detractors who cleverly say that it takes a bastard to catch a bastard I say this - perhaps you are right.  But then, what does that make you?

Baudouin de Courcillon

« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 06:01:19 PM by PerditionsSong »