Author Topic: Markovia Feedback Thread  (Read 4016 times)

Ryujin

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Lord
Markovia Feedback Thread
« on: November 19, 2022, 10:48:43 AM »
Please use this thread as a way to report bugs/issues/provide feedback on Markovia! The server's newest domain.

My personal first impressions, It's a very cool domain. Lots of things to discover, and the atmosphere is great.

Personally I've ran into few issues worth reporting thusfar! But two stand out:

Right when you leave the caravan, there's a tapestry:

Pretty sure this belongs In Thoth? It also gives the Thoth text..

Also the cellar of the ruined monastery has a room at the end with coccoons that you need to spot. Every time you leave, and go back in, it spawns new coccoons, with new loot. This effectively makes this area infinitely lootable. (Reported to DM Bara ingame)

Also the forest outside makes it really hard/near impossible to see the area when zoomed out, this might be by design... But it's a bit much. Moreso than Sithicus IMO.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2022, 11:02:05 AM by Ryujin »
Active: Naexalim Alearaheal.
Shelved: Chen Mei, Corin Bluespire, Osirion Shivan, Dukgeth, Valathar El'lyn. Closured: Cyrun Mask

Kireek

• Undead Slayer
Re: Markovia Feedback Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2022, 10:54:32 AM »
Endurance isnt included in the heat check

Ac of cats is WAY too high for their CR

Chadyo

• Dark Lord
  • Don't you deserve better than a part-time deity?
    • My crafting post!
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2022, 10:57:42 AM »
First of all, beautiful zone and exceptional clever design in a few things which I'm not going to mention because of spoilers.

I've prepared a hotfix:
- Fixed problem with underwater area not registering as underwater
Abandoned monestary - flooded section needs the same script applied as the last part of the tentical dungeon, you can just run around underwater without waterbreathing.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 04:12:22 AM by Chadyo »

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2022, 11:01:29 AM »

I checked and Endurance is taken into account in the heat check; it uses the same system as Har'Akir.

Kireek

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2022, 12:18:39 PM »
Escaping the zone is basically impossible at becuase of Cats at night, which I suppose may be intentional, but it isn't.. KIND of possible, it litertally is impossible becuase of placing underbrush in the way.. this seems like a dick move.

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2022, 12:19:02 PM »
I've prepared a hotfix:
- Fixed problem with underwater area not registering as underwater
- Removed tapestry (leftover from testing)
- Fix for respawning loot containers
- Fix for ore points spawning too high on Z axis
- Fix for not being able to leave the Broken One Village
- Fix for some Broken Ones spawning inside objects in Sunset Bay

Kireek

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2022, 12:54:24 PM »

I checked and Endurance is taken into account in the heat check; it uses the same system as Har'Akir.

That's weird, my pc has a fort save of +17 + endurance, but only ever rolls a +17, which.. isn't correct in the jungle, I never really checked Har'akir.

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2022, 12:56:02 PM »

That's weird, my pc has a fort save of +17 + endurance, but only ever rolls a +17, which.. isn't correct in the jungle, I never really checked Har'akir.

Endurance lowers the incoming DC rather than adds +4 to your own roll.

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2022, 04:52:48 PM »
The screenshots are amazing. It will be some time before I can log in to check it out but it looks really well done. Nice job Cosmic. I love the unapologetic use of the freaky classic werecat model too. Also to all the devs hard at work right now, that was a juicy changelog, thank you guys for the updates. :mrgreen:
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

zDark Shadowz

• Dark Lord
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2022, 06:11:07 PM »

How much AC is too high for a lv 12-15 area?

Ryujin

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2022, 06:53:18 PM »

How much AC is too high for a lv 12-15 area?

I had relative trouble hitting them with +34AB
Active: Naexalim Alearaheal.
Shelved: Chen Mei, Corin Bluespire, Osirion Shivan, Dukgeth, Valathar El'lyn. Closured: Cyrun Mask

zDark Shadowz

• Dark Lord
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2022, 07:09:43 PM »
Perfidus would be in a similar level range, and the pit fiends there have about 44 AC after whatever buffs they throw, so 34 AB not being too great would be expected.

(It approaches the realm of requiring specific builds or support when 34AB isnt enough, I'll agree on that.)

zDark Shadowz

• Dark Lord
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2022, 07:38:01 PM »
The dehydration threat is real lol.

If possible, could the Vistani caravan part have a covered tent or less dehydration intensity than the thick-canopied forest?(exploration requires the keyholing setting turned on or severe camera adjustments to explore)

I feel like the heat wouldn't be trapped as much out in the open part and it'd give parties breathing room to assemble before the venture.

Kireek

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2022, 09:39:51 PM »
I'd argue the cats, even though they are lower level than the Balor, are able to compete with one far better than they should. 2-3 cats could easily take a balor, which is supposed to be a cr 20 monster- and that primarily has to do with the mutant felines regen ability- like their stats being high is one thing, but the regen basically can turn one cat into an utte r brick wall if you arn't built to hit them often. The balor could probably kill a cat by meteor swarming and then stabbing one to death, but the other 2 cats would regen by the time cat 1 dies.. and have a good shot at killing the balor if it doesn't bring out more spells. (Which it would do in table top, but ya know how nwn is)

So my suggestion is- tone down the cats AC or their regen, you can't have both imo- or attach their regen ability to their rage ability.

to emphasize why this kind of needs to happen, imagine a level 14 martial character- over leveled for the cr 11 cat with minimal wards. Let's say they get ac 40ish and.. BAB 27 (14 + 7 str + 3 from feats + 3 from weapon enchantment)- You can't beat the cat in a  straight up damage contest reliably because the cats BAB is still way higher than yours, and your only hitting on a 15 or better on ONE attack per turn, and you can't out endure it via expertise because the cat regens.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2022, 09:52:37 PM by Kireek »

zDark Shadowz

• Dark Lord
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2022, 10:26:40 PM »
I have fought the feline beastmen recently (6x solo when rescuing someone) and have concluded most of their AC can be negated by incapacitation with mind-effects (must be mostly dex AC) and then they were significantly easier to hit, tailored my AB to be 34 for the experiment-turned-rescue.

They have some spell resistance but its not protecting them well, nor against blade weave, so there are some simple counters to make them trivial, just need to deal with them smart.

They're ok for where they are.

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2022, 02:59:24 AM »
I threw a wide range of mind spells at them and they have ridiculous high mind saves AND slippery mind so they retake any save they fail... Admittedly didn't try blade weave but given what I've done this far I wouldn't expect to be any different (or maybe it wasn't the cats but another beastman with different skills et, that could also be)

Character List:

Marph - Closured
Marius Rucescu - Closured
Romeo Lascaris - Closured

Kaninchen

• Undead Master
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2022, 07:27:12 PM »
Can anything be done in the ropes section so that a party can't simply shoot various monsters with arrows? Not sure if the AI knows it can climb vines, but that bit seems it can be trivialized.

zDark Shadowz

• Dark Lord
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2022, 08:27:50 PM »
Can anything be done in the ropes section so that a party can't simply shoot various monsters with arrows? Not sure if the AI knows it can climb vines, but that bit seems it can be trivialized.

There'a a nice script in HotU they could use to "jump through the vines" after people.

noah25

• Dark Lord
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2022, 09:54:50 PM »
I dont see AC as a problem its just different. Creatures dont have great AB, damage, or special effects and CR is reasonably high.

Zyemeth

• Undead Master
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2022, 07:52:26 AM »
It feels like this chat is talking about two different creatures entirely considering the varied different reports. Maybe some combat log screenshots would be a good idea to confirm this is the same creature variety with the same bonuses?

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2022, 11:55:59 AM »
It feels like this chat is talking about two different creatures entirely considering the varied different reports. Maybe some combat log screenshots would be a good idea to confirm this is the same creature variety with the same bonuses?

Possible, there are three types of feline broken one (cat, leopard, tiger), in that order of CR.

None of them have inflated Will scores (but do have Slippery Mind). The Abberation class has full progression for Will saves, so they will be high.

AC/ab/dmg wise, Broken Ones have a dynamic loadout system for their equipment, so those stats will vary even within monster of the same type. This is supposed to make the threat posed more interesting and the population more challenging.

I'm not opposed to dropping AC across the board if it's pitched a little high atm.

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2022, 11:59:04 AM »

It could. Many Broken Ones come with a ranged weapon option - so either you didn't see those, or (inexplicably, the AI is usually good about using their ranged options), they didn't use them.

I'm reluctant to adapt (or make my own) short range teleporting script because we all saw how that went last time (werebats, badly).

Rocket

• Undead Slayer
  • Prepare for Trouble
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2022, 01:31:57 AM »
I'm reluctant to adapt (or make my own) short range teleporting script because we all saw how that went last time (werebats, badly).

Not suggesting you do the same here, but is the current werebat dungeon implementation updated from a "bad" implementation?
I'm just saying, I like the current werebat dungeon mechanics.

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2022, 09:08:53 AM »

Not suggesting you do the same here, but is the current werebat dungeon implementation updated from a "bad" implementation?
I'm just saying, I like the current werebat dungeon mechanics.

Yeah I just removed the hacky flying I did for them completely. Flying is just teleporting + an animation.

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2022, 10:09:09 AM »
As of next update:
- resized secret door triggers in Cellar and Flooded section
- tralak description should not be triggered by NPCs anymore
- reduced Broken One AC across the board
- improved machete effectiveness + even more effective for rangers/druids