You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: HD Weapons  (Read 323 times)

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

zDark Shadowz

• Dark Lord
Re: HD Weapons
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2022, 04:56:28 PM »
I won't need the NWN:EE HD pack to see these do I? I don't have it subbed/updated to that.

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2022, 05:01:20 PM »
I've only become aware of them just now, so I'm not sure. I noticed the daggers and scimitars are also listed as "nwn1" rather than "nwnee" and have no idea if that complicates matters or not.

Swan

• Undead Slayer
  • 𝑱𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓.
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2022, 05:19:27 PM »
I've seen these on a lot of other servers. They aren't really my style personally, but I'll never say no to having more customization options for literally anything. +1.
Upon looking over them a third time, yeah, these do just look like reskins of other options like ZSRunner said. Still, I'm not against adding them.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 05:24:33 PM by Swan »

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2022, 05:22:18 PM »
they look like they're just reskins of existing weapon models. Maybe I'm missing something.

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2022, 05:31:32 PM »
I've seen these on a lot of other servers. They aren't really my style personally, but I'll never say no to having more customization options for literally anything. +1.

Yeah, most aren't really my style either, but I do see a few standouts that fit in with the better looking weapons on our server that are original or CEP. I think maybe 20-30% of the pack appeals to me and I'd be using several as soon as I had a moment to craft them if they were added.

Originally, the morningstars caught my eye because the ones from the base game are really blocky and their texture has not aged well. Then, I noticed those nice stiletto daggers that would even look nice as shortswords, they're like baby rapiers. A few of the handaxes are really not too shabby. Bastard swords and battle axes I'm not too sure about, would have to see them ingame and in motion, but I think most of the scimitars actually take the aesthetic up a level rather than compromise it.

It's kind of hit or miss but seeing as his project is ongoing we may see more soon, it might be worth keeping an eye on.

they look like they're just reskins of existing weapon models. Maybe I'm missing something.

Yeah, basically the backstory with this pack is, I think the ex(?)-lead designer or something from Beamdog decided to just release his work independently. It's higher fidelity versions of the original models.

Even if they don't end up added, there are apparently modder resources packaged with them. That could help other aspiring modelers learn.

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2022, 09:44:40 PM »
I'm into this. The axes have runes on them, and are basically the same axes as vanilla. Hopefully they do a pass that applies to Dwarven Waraxes.