Author Topic: Stored varnishes being consumed if accidently used  (Read 280 times)

RobRoyTheRed

• New to the Mists
Stored varnishes being consumed if accidently used
« on: November 17, 2022, 11:50:21 AM »
Hello,

Here is a bug I found while trying to use varnishes. I tried to use a varnish on my weapon and the message read "You cannot cast from stored items" . . . but then it subtracted a varnish from my pile of stored varnishes i.e. writs of storage. More details below

Where: I was on the screen just north of outskirts near the fire beetles den

When: Today. I was able to duplicate the error twice and probably could have continued duplicating the error if I chose.

What: I had 18 Strong Scorching Varnishes (Stored at Vallaki Warehouse) and I accidently clicked on the varnish to use it on my weapon and got a message that said "You cannot cast from stored items." Then the stack went down to 17. I tried it again and got the same message "You cannot cast from stored items." and then my stack went down to 16. So in essence, I was losing varnishes that were supposed to be in storage and there was no effect on my weapon.

Recreate: Simply get a stack of stored varnishes and try to use them on a weapon or armor and watch to see if the inventory is depleted without the desired effect. Maybe it's isolated to "Strong Scorching Varnishes" that are stored, but I suspect not

Here are screenshots:

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
Re: Stored varnishes being consumed if accidently used
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2022, 01:27:04 PM »
Sadly, this is how all stored consumables work, I think. I know it's been brought up before. I don't know if they have a way to fix it.

Maffa

• Dark Power
Re: Stored varnishes being consumed if accidently used
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2022, 06:17:10 AM »
you can also equip stored equipment if you try hard enough.
which only brings misery.
dont do that.

Character List:

Marph - Closured
Marius Rucescu - Closured
Romeo Lascaris - Closured