You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Guns firing under water  (Read 411 times)

Madame Trousers Son

• Gendarmerie
  • Dark Power
Guns firing under water
« on: November 10, 2022, 11:04:16 PM »
Firearms probably shouldn't be able to fire under water, but they can.
"The Machinery of Justice will not serve you here – it is slow and cold, and it is theirs."

- Richard K. Morgan, Altered Carbon

Niffie

• The Underworld
  • Outlander
Re: Guns firing under water
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2022, 02:01:41 AM »
Fighting under water with any type of weapon wouldn't really work, except perhaps a knife and magic.
There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.

strangerinthealps

• Undead Master
Re: Guns firing under water
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2022, 09:11:47 AM »
Fighting under water with any type of weapon wouldn't really work, except perhaps a knife and magic.

Also...armor...

Best to just suspend your disbelief.

Man, I love using water hazards in PnP...

Dungeon #17 The Pit had two great ones;

- Entering the Dungeon down a ladder, there was an illusory floor with a water pit beneath it.
- Later, on an island in a subteranean lake, the boss vampire's first tactic was to hurl anyone on platemail into the water.

Best I ever saw was in Hall of the Beast Tamers in the original Forgotten Realms box set.

There were 3 chambers of pools, connected underwater, with walkways at the edge, but the Ixitxachitl Priest did not attack until the 3rd chamber. It would use wizard lock on the door, pull anyone with armor into the pool, and when low on hit points, would escape to an adjacent chamber, where it would have time to heal and rest back up to full strength while the party fished all their armor out of the pool and also healed up. Most parties would just leave after getting back to the first chamber and breaking down the door. That was a great dungeon; gorgon in the hall, rot grubs in the dead thief, an otyugh under the toilet, and the casters always blew their best attack spells on the taxidermied dragon in the lounge.