You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Craft Construct  (Read 344 times)

Ken14

• Undead Master
Craft Construct
« on: October 27, 2022, 12:27:47 PM »
So, I came across this feat called Craft Construct (https://dnd-wiki.org/wiki/SRD:Craft_Construct)

This feels like it could be an interesting addition & money / XP sink.

As in, for example, you could craft 1 use/day items that call up a golem to fight, with increasingly more gold/materials/XP costs the stronger the golem gets.

Just a thought!

KovosDatch

• The Underworld
  • Dark Lord
  • Stinkcoin mint
Re: Craft Construct
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2022, 12:44:32 PM »
Take it as a feat and basically get a un-summonable familiar. In theory it might be possible.

Anarcoplayba

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2022, 12:45:30 PM »
So, I came across this feat called Craft Construct (https://dnd-wiki.org/wiki/SRD:Craft_Construct)

This feels like it could be an interesting addition & money / XP sink.

As in, for example, you could craft 1 use/day items that call up a golem to fight, with increasingly more gold/materials/XP costs the stronger the golem gets.

Just a thought!

Or even a new craft. And you do not need to make something combat wise... just a more resistant pack thing would make me happy.
Noignar Huillen: Ilmater Cleric.
Hedien Gine: Arrow and Bow Artist.
Dolin Schneim: Dwarven Soldier

Ken14

• Undead Master
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2022, 10:18:05 AM »

Or even a new craft. And you do not need to make something combat wise... just a more resistant pack thing would make me happy.

Oh, I hadn't even considered that....A hauler type golem would be of interest to crafters, kinda like an upgrade to the pack ox.

Other utility is possible as well. Musical golems, maybe a golem that shoots bolts of energy, a guard golem that detects things through blindsight, the possibilities are endless.

Though admittedly, a bone golem would also be badass for necromantic-inclined sorts?

I don't know how feasible or interesting it sounds to the developers, but it would be an cool thing to spend resources on to have, in my honest opinion!

Thundron

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2022, 03:26:03 PM »
My Tinker Gnome wants to build construct too, she dreams about mechanical dragon and has studied constructs from Alhoon dungeon. So.. feat, item, new craft, would some fit for the purpose.