You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Petreia Corvus -- Dog Eat Dog  (Read 361 times)

apeppertoo

• Dark Lord
Petreia Corvus -- Dog Eat Dog
« on: October 27, 2022, 03:14:26 AM »
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 10:34:22 AM by apeppertoo »
Mariah Parsons

apeppertoo

• Dark Lord
Re: Petreia Corvus -- Dog Eat Dog
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2022, 10:24:20 AM »
Do I want to be more than I am? Of course.

It was my desire before I came here. Was brought here, more accurately. Snatched from Infernal Cheliax to this... quaint, simple place. I've met nobody from home, even from larger Golarion. That is well enough. The outlook of the others here is woefully inadequate for the situation they find themselves in. Many of them would do well to seek out the Doctor. I expect she'll honor the letter of her promises.

Home. You never imagine missing it until you're away. A Chelaxian at least understands the way of the universe, that advancement comes from stepping on the heads of others. My countrymen simply like to dress up the process, pretend that civilization need be ordered, that words are more than wind and paper. I understand the world differently. Naked force is the only power and the threat of it is the only alternative to its application. There is some utility to their order, but at the end of things it is a façade. The devils may eat you more slowly, and they may tell pleasant lies about the devouring, but eaten you are all the same.

Abaddon is more honest.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 10:34:31 AM by apeppertoo »
Mariah Parsons

apeppertoo

• Dark Lord
Re: Petreia Corvus -- Dog Eat Dog
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2022, 01:40:47 AM »
I saw the she-wolf take someone today. Demanded a man drop his companion. He did. Practically growled at another to back away. She did. Told everyone to flee. They did. All it took was a little display of strength, some spine, and they all shrank away like a herd of skittish herbivores. They had the numbers. They had magic. Not one had the will.

Instead... retreat. To the safety of the temple, wherein their companion was largely forgotten. No plans to recruit for a daring rescue despite the dozens of able bodied, enough to put down even a beast of that strength, one would think. Instead they planned other excursions. Safer ones, where heroics would not be necessary. No leaders among them nor any with conviction, even though the lost woman could have been one of them.

Horseman of War. Angel of Desolation. She can grant me her boon, make me feared as the she-wolf is. I know it will be necessary to survive, to thrive here. Others cannot be relied on. They're either useless, or obstacles, or they're rungs on a ladder. When their souls wash up on the shores of Abaddon they'll be a feast for the daemons, but that will not be my fate.
Mariah Parsons