Author Topic: Setting custom portraits -- A quick tutorial  (Read 378 times)

Caelumaresh

• New to the Mists
  • Hey there! Feel free to reach out to me.
    • Who even uses this
Setting custom portraits -- A quick tutorial
« on: October 25, 2022, 04:03:42 PM »
Heya folks,

I recently ran into a few people on discord who were unsure how to set custom portraits and where to put them in the files and such.
As such, I wrote out a manual for everyone who needs it, either because they found the mirrors' instructions unclear, or for whatever other reason.

Regards,

Thomas

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INSTRUCTION MANUAL ON HOW TO SET YOUR CUSTOM PORTRAITS
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Place the received .tga files in: steam/steamapps/common/Neverwinter Nights/data/prt

(If you haven't closed your game, restart it now, or the files wont load in properly if you move to set it ingame)

- Log back into the server
- Go to the OOC room (can be reached from the area you spawn in by the rear door after a server restart, or through a bedroom in any tavern / mist keep bedroom)
- Walk towards the mirrors near the relevel crystal
- Talk to the mirror
- Pick option Portrait
- Pick option Speak value
- Write the filename into the chat window as if you were speaking to the mirror (eg. po_myself /  po_myself_ )
   (NOTE: DO NOT INCLUDE THE H, L, M, S, T, AT THE END OF THE FILENAME (eg. po_myself_h) OR YOUR PORTRAIT *WILL NOT WORK*)
- Press enter and let your character speak the filename
- Then follow the instructions in the conversation menu (believe it just says continue)
- Your portrait should now appear ingame
- Enjoy!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 04:26:17 PM by Caelumaresh »
Currently playing: Garald Alserda

Ryujin

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Lord
Re: Setting custom portraits -- A quick tutorial
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2022, 04:48:48 PM »
I would also argue this guide for making your own portraits, for those in need:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1344346521
Active: Naexalim Alearaheal.
Shelved: Chen Mei, Corin Bluespire, Osirion Shivan, Dukgeth, Valathar El'lyn. Closured: Cyrun Mask

She Said Destroy

• New to the Mists
Re: Setting custom portraits -- A quick tutorial
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2022, 08:39:48 PM »
This program is also pretty good. Just need to mess with the image dimensions a few times until it fits correctly.
https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwnee/other/tool/image-conversion-tool-ee