You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Crafting bug / loading & unloading containers, crafting etc  (Read 697 times)

zDark Shadowz

• Dark Lord
Crafting bug / loading & unloading containers, crafting etc
« on: October 06, 2022, 03:29:52 PM »
Hi there,

It seems to have been reported on Discord that there are issues after the crafting update. I'm not able to examine it myself properly as I'm at work, but I've linked a couple of screenshots of the discord logs of users describing the issue

Duupir

• Outlander
Re: Crafting bug / loading & unloading containers, crafting etc
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2022, 06:59:58 PM »
Can confirms this bug, has happened to me at mist camp when doing alchemy stuff and now at vallaki north doing brewing.

Duupir

• Outlander
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2022, 07:05:46 PM »
Did some testing, aslong as you keep the ingredients in the first tab the table is able to scan all the components and crafting is possible.
Scrap that, its funky.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 07:17:17 PM by Duupir »

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2022, 07:25:16 PM »
If you try removing everything from the crafting station then put in back in, does the error persists?
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Duupir

• Outlander
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2022, 08:31:05 PM »
I noticed the bug persisting when there was not enough containers for all the craftable material in the table. This happened when doing herbalism (not enough empty bottles).

Duupir

• Outlander
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2022, 08:33:37 PM »
If you try removing everything from the crafting station then put in back in, does the error persists?

Bug stopped once i had enough containers for all materials, i did try to remove and place herbs back in the cauldron but the container amount was only thing that fixed it for me.

cheese tornado

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2022, 11:22:45 PM »
Had the same problem trying to cook herbs at Megan Llewellyn's house. I would get the Error: improper ingredients message, but when I took everything out and put it back in individually, it worked. Seems like it related to pouring in items from containers or bags like herbalist bag or bags of bottles.

Duupir

• Outlander
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2022, 11:58:02 PM »
i had no problem when i used containers aslong as there was enough empty bottles in the cauldron

zDark Shadowz

• Dark Lord
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2022, 02:47:27 AM »
I can't break it like others have been breaking it, but I have observed that I can't fill a crafting station using the unique power of crafting bundles beyond the unlocked pages of a crafting station. If all slots are full, it considers the station full, even if its only two or three pages. Manually adding further items unlocks the next page, which can't be filled beyond once that is full.

Alalaurealarialelia

• Outlander
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2022, 11:34:20 AM »
I cured a lot of hides but the final hide, a worg hide, refused to be cured, even though there is one Tannin inside with it and nothing else. I tried taking it out and putting it back in, yet it didn't help.

Update: Any number of worg pelts refuses to work, while wolf pelts do. Dire Wolf pelts also do not work.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 12:31:12 PM by Alalaurealarialelia »

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2022, 09:40:00 PM »
I'll fix this next update, thanks.

umtic

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2022, 01:20:47 PM »
If it helps, I got the <<Error: Ingredients missing from the crafting station>> and used the @debug command at around 16h33 UTM.

https://imgur.com/a/U9x1vqu
Save your char

noah25

• Dark Lord
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2022, 06:42:13 PM »
The tailoring loom in Krobfurg is doing this as well

-Bolts of Fabric are working fine, using wrappings for spools is not. Im getting the error posted above where its not registering the mummy wrappings as a tailoring ingredient.

-Doesnt seem to want to let me make spools in general

-Tailoring Table seemed to work fine
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 07:11:44 PM by noah25 »

noah25

• Dark Lord
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2022, 11:46:24 PM »
^ Spools are working in the port tailor

I broke the loom then fixed it. It looks like what is triggering it is when you try to use a container on the crafting table it is:

-Not creating new slots
-Breaks the table
-Only way I have gotten it to work is removing everything think and then manually adding it back to the table without the containers
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 11:50:11 PM by noah25 »

Qiuster

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2022, 03:11:20 AM »
Happend to me too, was doing herbalism at Nadezhda's Home, with invi potions. Tried different recipe, for serious cure wounds, and worked.

^I tried solution Noad proposed, however didn't work in my case. (But I definetly faced issue it did not created enough slots, so the trigger might be right)

Anarcoplayba

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2022, 12:57:11 PM »

I broke the loom then fixed it. It looks like what is triggering it is when you try to use a container on the crafting table it is:

-Not creating new slots
-Breaks the table
-Only way I have gotten it to work is removing everything think and then manually adding it back to the table without the containers

Confirming:

I was in Port a Lucine in the Atelier du Progress. I put the iron ingots in the smelter with the bags, added the charcoal to the smelter with the bags without being able to create new slots. Tried to make steel, received the "improper materials message".

Went to the other smelter put the materials by hand, suceeded. In the same smelter, creating more pages before using the bags, I added the materials using the bags, tried to make steel, suceeded.

Went back to the first smelter, put the materials by hand, tried to create steel, failed.

Probably the problem is, as mentioned, "breaking" the table by putting items using the bags without room. Noah probably managed to use the same table by waiting it to reset. Using different tables work. Also, the materials do not get corrupted.
Noignar Huillen: Ilmater Cleric.
Hedien Gine: Arrow and Bow Artist.
Dolin Schneim: Dwarven Soldier

Qiuster

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2022, 01:01:56 AM »
I would also like to highligt, possibly part of the same bug or another one - when there's not enough space for all essences on the alchemy table, you get only part of them. Happend to me today.

noah25

• Dark Lord
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2022, 10:13:02 PM »

-Not creating new slots
-Breaks the table

Ive managed to fix the table without it waiting to reset but it takes a lot of trial and error. Generally, once it breaks if manually creating new slots doesnt fix it, I have had to remove everything, manually re-add and make sure there is no excess material or templates.

For example:

If I need to make two satin bolts I need to have exactly 8 silk and two templates. Not 9 silk or three templates or it flips out all over again.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 10:14:45 PM by noah25 »

Ryujin

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2022, 09:30:18 AM »
God i can't wait until this is fixed...
Active: Naexalim Alearaheal. Chen Mei
Shelved: Corin Bluespire, Osirion Shivan, Dukgeth, Nephros Ekret, Valathar El'lyn. Closured: Cyrun Mask

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2022, 05:10:06 PM »
This should now be fixed.

noah25

• Dark Lord
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2022, 10:19:00 PM »
In my experience it is good to go. Thank you!