You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Comments and discussion revolving the roleplay XP change  (Read 7373 times)

cooachlyfe

• Dark Lord
Re: Comments and discussion revolving the roleplay XP change
« Reply #175 on: September 27, 2022, 01:20:20 PM »
This change has harmed me more than helped me, however much I appreciate the roleplay XP gain.  The script either misbehaving or my ignorance of a mechanical aspect ruined a prearranged roleplay meetup because i didnt have time to run all the way back and trigger it again.

I still fail to see the necessity to impose this timelock, rather than decisively dealing with people that are disrupting the setting and perpetuating whatever issue has constantly led to more stick than carrot. 

Treat the cause, not the symptom.

Treating the cause is exactly what we are doing, even though you disagree with the treatment. It is what you propose that is not feasible nor desirable. For one thing DMs are not numerous enough to deal with each instances of people being disruptive as they occur. Secondly this would only lead to more accusations of favoritism as some incidents are treated and others not. This mechanical solution has the advantage of being fair to all.

The necessity for the timelock was well explained in Soren's original post. The intent is to slow down the return of high level players to western Barovia when they leave the area, so that we do not reproduce the conditions that led us to cut RPXP for high levels in the first place. You actually just confirmed this part is working as intended. Be well aware too that his is only a first step. We hope this will be enough, but it not we will introduce other measures to further slow down returns to western Barovia.

Personally, I missed an event in Vallaki that I really wanted to go to but unfortunately logged on rather late due to real-life circumstances. It was 7pm ingame when I logged on and when I tried to get a DM to port me, unfortunately, one was not available. Honestly, the whole experience made me quite frustrated and I have not logged in since.  While I still think it is a decent idea to restrict the flow of high-level players to storm the outskirts, I will say again, it would be nice to open up the mists ways either near the dwarf city or in Baratak as another option to get to Vallaki at night. Just posting my recent experience and offering my own un-informed solution.

Duayne

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #176 on: September 27, 2022, 01:38:49 PM »
I've skimmed this thread and can't see it's been mentioned, but was it considered/possible for this lockout to function similarly to how the rest cooldown works instead of a world time based lockout?

This would eliminate the problem of people logging in at an unfortunate time and missing something due to it, but would still have other inconveniences.

It could even still have the 72~ minute lockout from last use, functioning as the same duration lockout and causing people to think ahead and decide if making the trip is worthwhile.

myrddraal

• Dark Lord
« Reply #177 on: September 27, 2022, 03:57:06 PM »
I mean honestly it SEEMS like it’s working as intended.  If you decide dungeoning is super important and don’t make the trip back to at least like  midway haven in case there’s a reset, you decided that whatever meeting you have the next day isn’t as important as gathering herbs, dungeoning or whatever else you chose to do.  If your RP in vallaki is that important, you will cut your other activities shorter to be able to make sure you can park back on that side of the mist wall.

I honestly think there should be a sort of exhaustion system for people who run all over the entire core in the span of a single day without ever stopping and resting.  If you think about it, it’s ABSURD to have your character go (potentially if you played for a whole day straight) nearly a WEEK without any rest and travel all over the world.

cooachlyfe

• Dark Lord
« Reply #178 on: September 27, 2022, 04:06:07 PM »
People don't only go to mist camp to dungeon though, there are like two or three domains other people rp in. Even rp in mist camp sometimes. People also have items and gold stored in the Keep. Also what if someone needs to log out and it is already past 6pm? These are issues I have ran into since the change to the point it's stressed me out.

myrddraal

• Dark Lord
« Reply #179 on: September 27, 2022, 04:23:03 PM »
People don't only go to mist camp to dungeon though, there are like two or three domains other people rp in. Even rp in mist camp sometimes. People also have items and gold stored in the Keep. Also what if someone needs to log out and it is already past 6pm? These are issues I have ran into since the change to the point it's stressed me out.

the entire point is to make it a choice to actually consider leaving the West Barovia.  Items and gold can be moved, all be it a pain in the butt and probably slowly if you have 10,000 things stored because that ish will be heavy.  For the people who are exclusive to vallaki, unaffected entirely.  I personally run back and forth a lot between the two, but like specifically timed spawns, if thats what I want to go for, thats what I go for.  If it means I RP somewhere else while I wait, thats what I do.  The other day I missed the night cycle and RP'd with people at the Tser pool who were also stuck.  Unless its an event, whoever you are arranged to meet with can always come to you if it ticks over to night.  The entire server outside of like 4 places seems completely dead.  Use the space lol.

FinalHeaven

• Ba'al Verzi
  • The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • dat boi
« Reply #180 on: September 27, 2022, 04:24:23 PM »
I honestly think there should be a sort of exhaustion system for people who run all over the entire core in the span of a single day without ever stopping and resting.  If you think about it, it’s ABSURD to have your character go (potentially if you played for a whole day straight) nearly a WEEK without any rest and travel all over the world.

One day in real life is equal to one day in game, so someone playing for a full IRL 24 hours isn't actually going a week without rest.  Similarly, there's no time dilation in the Mist - time flows exactly the same inside or outside the Mist, barring (I think) the Shadow Rift.

Admittedly that doesn't really make the appearance of running from one side of the Core to the other in the span of 5 minutes any less absurd, but it does seem like an important point to clarify.

Avela

• Theatre de la Cathedrale
  • Undead Master
« Reply #181 on: September 27, 2022, 04:33:56 PM »
At this point I am a little "meh" with the new update. I've already found it to be a inconvenience for meet up twice now, fortunately I was still able to make those meet ups, just having to wait a little, as well as just inconvenient in general (though admittedly that is my fault for forgetting about the update) but I can see how there would be other issues that are more frustrating than what I've encountered so far.

So yeah it seems to be working as intended, though I'd be lying if I said I didn't find it disruptive. That doesn't mean I wish for there to be no restrictions... It may just be a thing we have to learn to adjust to and to keep in mind when planning meet ups and events. It may call for a little tweaking in the future, we'll see.
Character List:

Feyvera Le'for (Main)
Lady Ellavyra
Mi'zzerrah Rilyn'qai

Maverick

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
  • The Hanged Man
« Reply #182 on: September 27, 2022, 04:51:08 PM »
Going to say something that'll probably make a few people mad.

New update means new ways of working around it. Just like with the lake freezing over and preventing ferry passage, this too will require roleplaying around. Have meetups? Try to get to the area early. IRL can be a big influencer in this, trust me I know for sure, but other players you meet with know the passage restriction too. They should, in interest of RP, make adjustments to you being "late".

I've played enough Alts to see the high leveler issues in Western Barovia and the hazard they can be not only to low level RP and advancement but to (A)MPC storytelling and DM plots. It's never a good feeling struggling through an interesting investigation and then suddenly seeing a lvl 14+ character pop up out of no where, flash their badge, tell you that it's in their jurisdiction now, and then you are forced to be the sidekick/spectator. Yes it does happen and more often than I like.

This change may not be optimal. It may be down right frustrating (and I'll experience all that once I get my character out of western Barovia). I'll take what I can get though and am happy to see Minor RP XP for not only the Garda but for those that have taken the role of retired shopkeepers as well.

This has been my TED talk.
Active Characters: Zlokrov, Danut Solinescu
Closured: Dorin Ratislav, Matyas Kovacs, Razvan

cooachlyfe

• Dark Lord
« Reply #183 on: September 27, 2022, 04:56:55 PM »

the entire point is to make it a choice to actually consider leaving the West Barovia.  Items and gold can be moved, all be it a pain in the butt and probably slowly if you have 10,000 things stored because that ish will be heavy.  For the people who are exclusive to vallaki, unaffected entirely.  I personally run back and forth a lot between the two, but like specifically timed spawns, if thats what I want to go for, thats what I go for.  If it means I RP somewhere else while I wait, thats what I do.  The other day I missed the night cycle and RP'd with people at the Tser pool who were also stuck.  Unless its an event, whoever you are arranged to meet with can always come to you if it ticks over to night.  The entire server outside of like 4 places seems completely dead.  Use the space lol.

Perhaps it's something I will just adjust to when I feel like coming back. But I am glad you and others aren't bothered by it. To clarify, I am not speaking toward people who run back and forth to like dungeon in mc then run back to the outskirts for RP. I am glad the change has tempered that. I am talking about missing or waiting an hour to go to an event, or meeting up with someone specifically in Vallaki at an agreed-upon time OOC wise. Sure, you can be a little metagamey and have a person walkthrough the mist wall and rp in VoB or something but some characters are tied down to Vallaki for IC reasons, or wouldn't brave the night alone for IC reasons, or perhaps not even know how to get to the mist wall. It's not about a lack of space, it's about being inconvenienced with time. I mostly play a level 20 character so I do not care about exp, what I do care about is my time and how it is spent, both ingame and in real life.

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #184 on: September 28, 2022, 02:54:31 AM »
So far I haven't encountered many inconveniences, if not minor, but I'd be lying if i said that I like it nor that it make any sense to me.
The wait time is absolutely disproportionate, the only thing comparable which is the frozen lake only lengthens the trip by mere minutes, even less if you have ext ret potions (common loot and the cheapest potion to craft and sell). This barrier makes you waste hours.

Can I plan around it? I could.
Should I have plan this much for a videogame? It depends, honestly.

If anything im trying to make the game have less impact on my daily life, I'm already thinking and planning and fantasising about it as it is already, and this is yet another chore conflicting with my RL schedule.

If there were a vote for it, Id vote to take it down.

Character List:

Marph - Closured
Marius Rucescu - Closured
Romeo Lascaris - Closured

Rocket

• Undead Slayer
  • Prepare for Trouble
« Reply #185 on: September 28, 2022, 04:21:13 AM »
I think too many in this thread are expecting things to stay like they were previously and you enjoy the delights of RP around Vallaki with the added bonus of rp xp.
No no, I believe the intent is to usher you into focused RP in a given area/group. Which was similar of the intent previously, to usher high levels out of the vallaki area.

The whole notion of dungeoning and then running back to Vallaki for RP is NOT what this change is trying to push you towards. I personally find that behavior abhorrent.
People that opt to blind drive themselves in mist camp and then return to Vallaki are one of the biggest detriments to mist camp RP.
The mist wall stubbornness is meant to push you towards committment. Commitment to RP in the location you habituate.

There is lots of RP waiting to be filled in the high levels. Its hard to get into it because not many people do it to begin with.
Make the effort.

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #186 on: September 28, 2022, 04:30:07 AM »
I am afraid you are assuming a bit too much, and i can feel a accusatory finger wiggling at me.

I do heavy RP in Mist camp, and I do heavy RP in Vallaki as well.

In order to do both, yesterday I had to log in beforehands during work in order to bring my character past the wall, so that when i logged in I had enough time to rush to Vallaki and meet with the person I planned to meet. Beforehands, this was a non issue. RPXP to me has never been an issue, I belong to those group of people that'd be content not to get any, Rp being its own reward.

I do not want to decide either one or the other group. I dont want to be forced to commit to one group. I like being with my group in Mist camp, I like to stay with my group in Vallaki. Im not even involved in plots. I just like being around them people.

This is my input, do of this what you will.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 04:43:30 AM by Maffa »

Character List:

Marph - Closured

Rocket

• Undead Slayer
  • Prepare for Trouble
« Reply #187 on: September 28, 2022, 05:41:52 AM »
It wasn't at you specfically, if anyone its someone in the thread who said they come to MC to blind drive and then leave. Yea, they openly admitted to it.
But there is a general trend of players disgruntled and who want to keep their ease of access vallaki/mist camp flip flopping going.

The mist camp is placed very far away from Vallaki because as I believe, it was intended to create 2 different dedicated hubs with dedicated players to their hubs. If the gap: distance, and time to travel did not exist between these hubs, what would be the point? It would be one hub, all the same.

The devs goal appears they wish to keep that gap very clear and present.

Then its upto the players if they choose to play against the obstacle that is the gap.

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #188 on: September 28, 2022, 05:49:16 AM »
The gap is arbitrary and has been, as it can be, modulated. I understand the rationale behind it, I feel the penalty is too much. Besides if people in blind drive wants to chill out somewhere, they better go anywhere else but Vallaki since the XP penalty gets doused out by RPXP and you get a diminished amount in Vallaki whereas anywhere else you'd get the full amount and you'd get out of the red faster, if that was the goal.

Using the Mist wall to keep people out of Vallaki for half the time is a deterrent to roleplay. I do not want to commit to one place. Characters are irreplaceable and unique, and I dont want to pick some rather than others.

Character List:

Marph - Closured

bloodless

• The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • ?
« Reply #189 on: September 28, 2022, 06:19:52 AM »
I do not want to commit to one place.

You don't have to. But you will have to take the extra steps to make sure you can chase both rabbits efficiently. Complaining that you will have to do that is, I think, that convenience thing Soren mentioned way earlier in the thread as something we shouldn't expect. And that's what it really is - inconvenient. If that's the bar for deterring roleplay, then perhaps that rp wasn't all that desirable in the first place when weighed against the alternative. Seems to me that this is proof of the design achieving at least partially what it set out to do.

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #190 on: September 28, 2022, 06:38:28 AM »
i thought the goal was preventing people disrupting other people's objectives, not to prevent people RPing.

If that was the goal then yeah objective reached.

I dont feel like that was the goal though, so maybe either you misunderstood it, or i did.

Character List:

Marph - Closured

bloodless

• The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • ?
« Reply #191 on: September 28, 2022, 07:04:35 AM »
There's no functional difference between the two activities. Both require that a character be present in an area. How they spend their time there is entirely up to their whim. Making it less convenient to be present in the first place does put a bit of pressure on people's willingness to do these sorts of trips. If you're dead set and hungry to be in the area, you will almost certainly make it there with a bit of preparation.

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #192 on: September 28, 2022, 07:12:03 AM »
Or Id like to do both but I have a real life.

For what it is my availability, for what my goals in game are, this change affects me in a negative way, hindering my roleplay and my fun. This is not something that is debatable.

Im casting my vote in a void, and I say I dont like it.

The Powers That Be make of it what they will.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 07:15:06 AM by Maffa »

Character List:

Marph - Closured

myrddraal

• Dark Lord
« Reply #193 on: September 28, 2022, 08:18:51 AM »
i thought the goal was preventing people disrupting other people's objectives, not to prevent people RPing.

If that was the goal then yeah objective reached.

I dont feel like that was the goal though, so maybe either you misunderstood it, or i did.

Until very high levels you can still get *some* xp even in western Barovia.  You can get xp off of werebat lords at like, 15, maybe 16?  The only reason for people that high to leave is materials and better trinkets to either use or peddle.  Neither are really necessary at that level though, you can slaughter everything, including most MPCs on a whim.  The mist wall being inconvenient to work around for doing both separates the people like morning lords, vallaki garda, dwarves, ezrites, RVT, etc who are glued there for good reason from the rest who want to go slay Malthor and remove all threat from west Barovia aside from Strahd himself deciding he wants to square up with you.

strangerinthealps

• Undead Master
« Reply #194 on: September 28, 2022, 08:48:41 AM »

I could see Tser Pool becoming a bit of a hub...

TedFromDebate

• Undead Slayer
  • "Bardic Senses"
« Reply #195 on: September 28, 2022, 09:50:16 AM »
It wasn't at you specfically, if anyone its someone in the thread who said they come to MC to blind drive and then leave. Yea, they openly admitted to it.
But there is a general trend of players disgruntled and who want to keep their ease of access vallaki/mist camp flip flopping going.

The mist camp is placed very far away from Vallaki because as I believe, it was intended to create 2 different dedicated hubs with dedicated players to their hubs. If the gap: distance, and time to travel did not exist between these hubs, what would be the point? It would be one hub, all the same.

The devs goal appears they wish to keep that gap very clear and present.

Then its upto the players if they choose to play against the obstacle that is the gap.

I think that rp is just as meaningful as anything else- I don't really do it (I can't be bothered to dungeon that much before I want to do some rp) but I think it's entirely valid for people to have their characters, specifically do gooders whose entire bits are feeling like they need to get stronger in order to help others, to not fight in Vallaki and go fight in foreign lands, meeting people that stay in Mist Camp and talking with them, and then by accident meeting people with a new world view and having also found some new insights there.

To be honest, I think this sentiment of Mist Camp RP as anything more than a stage/ passing part of a person's rp in the grand scheme of things seems silly ( though I admit that to the extent of how much it ends up being a passing place for an individual could and should be different, I find the idea of a character saying Mist Camp/ the keep is there home to feel a bit against the point- but I haven't played many outcast characters, so I concede I might not get it)- the entire point of the place is that it's a place to travel between (and personally the entire point of rp there to me should be around the idea that some people stay there longer than others, and then some meaningful rp should come out of the fact that everyone is there for different reasons and for different amounts of time), and to bring it back on topic I think that the bit here is supposed to make sure you aren't making the choice to rp and dungeon just because it's night and you feel like ganking an npc.

Personally this feels out of nowhere, and I feel like if you think Mist Camp RP for some reason means that it's not at it's base level very transient as it's litterally a travel hub, I have to say this entire bit probably isn't aimed at you or the characters you play that feel Mist Camp as a solid zone rather than a small but meaningful part of RP- it's aimed at the people that do have to go do dungeons in other places because they don't get alot of xp/ they don't want to burn through dungeons that lower levels could do in Vallaki.

Apologies if my tone is overly rude here- text has a way of making things seem more rude than intended.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 10:03:32 AM by TedFromDebate »
Raine
"Everyone's got a song singing on, but what they don't know is they write the verses."

Lucille Kelter - Oathbearer of Atlas
"Love not only one's victory, but love one's struggle as well."

Vissy

• Dark Lord
« Reply #196 on: September 28, 2022, 10:46:12 AM »
There's no other way to quickly get to high levels than 'going to mist camp and blind driving'. And quickly in this context means "within a year".
Active Character: Heir Andarateia, Lia Lanthaloran
Other Character(s): Gilraine Alean'ani
Shelved Character(s): Vinyafael Yavanna, Callistrae Dawnshadow, Vika van Voytz
Closured Character(s): Rakel Leviken, Celeste Seifert

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #197 on: September 28, 2022, 07:02:18 PM »
I would like to make a reminder, I understand the reasoning behind the mist wall locking.

To make the BEST of this change, guys please make an effort to seek others when you are locked on the East side instead of simply logging out.
Since it will be night time, you are likely to choose destinations such as Mist Camp, Tser Pool Vistani Camp, The "Bus Stop" benches very close to the crossroads, an interior location of VOB: Church, Blood of the Vine.
(I wish Blood of the Vine was a high traffic tavern and you could expect to find other players there consistently)

The new update revamps some dungeons for VOB. It would be nice if players at least in the VOB level range would err on travel to Mist Camp, and instead choose any option in West Barovia given the area has increased value. However, players always need to fill their gold so dungeon trips bring players back to MC. So the natural tendency of players is still, to fill up in MC.

I encourage you, regardless of this tendency, to travel back to Barovia for other activities not limited to dungeons.

This change is to deter players who RP in West Barovia and then Dungeon in higher level zones. So perhaps accept what it is, and begin RP in higher level zones.
Decrease the frequency you stay in West Barovia. Thankfully, any trips back to Barovia still reward RP with xp!

My point being, high level RP tends to stunt unless you really press to seek it out. It would be nice if it didn't feel so hard to do so.
And I'm not telling players who stay or enjoy West Barovia to leave, even I am one of the players who enjoys returning to connect the lower levels to RP growth and guidance.
I am saying what we all could hope to change - better and more RP in high level areas!

The idea is nice and it has been tried before by players in and out of factions, but the VOB will never be a hub. It is against the developers' intentions and most of the places you listed remain uninhabitable for a reason. They might be close to hot dungeons for loot and XP but that does not define a hub alone. You need more than just nearby dungeons to get people to stick around for roleplay.

You can look at the VOB's surrounding area as a dungeon domain. It's connected to the mist camp, has a few crafting workbenches, and leads to a couple dungeons.

If people wanted to hang out there and make it a roleplay area, they would, but just imagine why they don't. The mist camp is an obvious choice, why not the tser pool camp? It has nothing there and it is flooded with Vistani NPCs. Your character is a stranger to them. That camp is their home on the road. The situation in the mist camp is very different. So why not the bus stop? No one actually meets up there organically. That object is a bona fide vanilla WoW meeting stone for the dungeons behind it. VOB's church? Again, there may be a priest here, but the village itself is very light on amenities. BotV is just massive and inconvenient to hang around in.

Think about the people passing through these locations and what their goals are. They want herbs, they want to kill hags, they want to go to an inn room they think is out of the way since Dementlieu's skyscraper is always sold out. I pass people on the eastern Barovian roads all the time. Even before the change, they're heading east. All of them are heading east for XP and loot and there's no time to waste. They kill a few worgs or wisps harassing the unbuffed caster in their party, then flee and bait a mist spawn to a transition for some unfortunate lowbie to run into, and they're on the way to the mist camp or to craft/dungeon in the VOB. I want to reiterate if this turned you around that their goal is to get crafting reagents, loot, or XP. Hanging out in the Blood of the Vine whether it's totally empty or not does not facilitate their goals, and no one really checks inside a building for activity when it's so out of the way as it is.

People stay in Vallaki for the legacy it has. A little prodding can get you into a faction there, and no matter what direction you go, you can find dungeons that even high level players want for loot/reagents. VoB doesn't have factions or a legacy of supporting them for very long. It is meant to be desolate. I think even if you took 10 of your pals there and ran an event weekly, you would struggle to magnetise other players to this location. The VOB will always be out of the way until several official factions have shop set up for them there (it's really not their choice; when they go, no one comes with them) and more amenities are added. But circling back to the start of this post, it's not something the devs want for the VOB. You can bring your people there and run some events but be aware of the atmosphere it's supposed to project, too. It's not some lively town like Port. It's more comparable to Ramulai in that it is basically a ghost town IC.
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #198 on: September 28, 2022, 09:16:17 PM »
Haven't had a lot of interaction with the mist wall since the new changes, but I did recently get stuck behind it. I found it a good opportunity to explore some areas that I might not have otherwise.

All in all, I think the change is having the intended effect and I think that it's worth the change. That said, I tend to kind of marry my characters to a single domain and work within that almost exclusively. I do occasionally step outside of said domain, but when the journey is over, I return.  So for me, it's just nice to be able to gain some RPXP at those later levels.

I think part of the reason it works well for me is simply because I'm extra flexible with my play and what I'm going to do when I log in. I exist wherever I am in the world at that particular moment and log in, more often than not, with little agenda aside from continuing the story, wherever that might be.

To those that are particularly unhappy with the changes I would say that transition is always difficult. We scream and cry for change, but when it comes, it's often unwelcomed. Give it a few more days, weeks, or even months and I think you'll adjust. It may be inconvenient, but I'd be willing to bet it'll open up new RP opportunities for you.

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #199 on: September 29, 2022, 02:15:11 AM »
Maybe it's better making a few clarifications.

A "hub" is a place where people converge to go elsewhere. Atlanta Airport is a "hub", because it's conveniently in the middle of US. Other airports are made to be hubs even if they arent physically in the middle because policies, but that's what hubs are. Places where people go to go elsewhere. And due to the high traffic, they end up attracting services, and people linger.

The outskirts are a natural hub because of the morninglordian temple&crypts, lady's rest, and sits smack in the middle to paths going west, northwest, north, south and east.

Another hub, which is a natural hub, is Mist camp. It is literally a hub. You call it bus stop, but it's a hub. It has been designed to be THE Hub for the whole server. It used to be people aligned along the pathway waiting for someone to say "perf?" or creating impromptu duels because of boredom, but as it is now there's people more bent to roleplay, and it is a RP hub. I regularly roleplay there with a number variable between 5 and 10 people at all times whenever i log in, and the experience is probably linked to time zones but this is my experience. The experience is totally comparable to the outskirts. Sometimes I/we leave the place to go RP somewhere else, or we go dungeoneering somewhere else, exactly like in the outskirts. All it takes is for a character to craft a few benches and we recreate the lady's rest beer garden in the middle of the mists. I do not need to trek to vallaki in order to shed all the blind drive with some minor RPXP, i can do the same in MC at full RPXP, if I am seeking a mechanical advantage. if I go to vallaki is because I look for specific people to RP with.

Tser pool is not a hub. VOB is not a hub. Muhar is not a hub. Those are terminus, places you go to, and then come back from. If you are stuck in tser pool, that doesnt make it a hub, but a weird bus stop (yes, in this case) where you are stuck at for unforeseen reasons. And maybe it's me, but i never met more than two other people in Tser waiting for the morning to come. Thats because it's more logical waiting in -right!- the hub which is MC before taking the carriage to Tser.

I see no reason to wait in Tser and Rp there. it's an awkward place where everyone is looking nervously at their lower right corner to see how many more minutes they are to wait to get to seven oclock. Ive yet to meet people with an RP attitude "Oh what a fortuitous event! since we are all stuck here why dont we go somewhere nearby and smash things?" People dont leave MC to go raiding west barovia caves, and people that come from vallaki need to plan well ahead, they cant impromptu the Well just because they are bored.

Again, i dont like this change. it isnt working as intended, for what is my experience.

Character List:

Marph - Closured