Author Topic: Lin'fer Char'katta: Family above all  (Read 321 times)

Alalaurealarialelia

• Outlander
Lin'fer Char'katta: Family above all
« on: September 16, 2022, 04:55:23 PM »
"Your home is your family. Your family is your home."

Those are the tenets of the tribe.

"A family is bound by blood, the one they share and the one they share spreading."

Those are truths of the Great Hunter.

Yet, could they be wrong?

I have found deeper family ties in this strange land than ever before. Our bond makes us strong. Secure.

It is not for me to question the Venomous One. Yet maybe those who claimed to speak in his name may be faulty?

A half blood, they called me. And lesser for it.

Yet my dual nature has allowed me to learn truths they will never understand, open doors that will remain forever closed to them.

Here, in this strange, cold land, I have faced, and overcome, trials that no child of Vulkoor has ever faced before. I have triumphed and I can feel His blessing inside me even now. Already lesser venoms can no longer harm me.

Clearly He favours me. Clearly my actions have His blessing. Clearly those who tried to hold me back before spoke not out of contempt but fear.

...Right?

Alalaurealarialelia

• Outlander
Re: Lin'fer Char'katta: Family above all
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2022, 03:04:44 PM »
Hatred.

The only constant.

The driving force of the world.

It gives us the strength and resolve to fight any enemy. It turns former enemies into allies against those they hate even more. The great liberator, it allows us to overcome fear, doubt, pain and weakness.

All are touched by it. Many try to deny it, humans, halflings, gnomes, elves. They lie about their hatred and deny it the place in their heart it deserves. And so it festers and grows, biting at them from within and they become empty and hollow.

And at us they stare with envy. They direct the pain within them against us, drive us from their cities, declare us as monsters and animals.

Yet how many of them die by the hands of their kin every day? They look for the enemy without, when it is really within.

And so it falls to me to educate the denizens of this realm on the venomous truths of the Great Hunter. Those who fight with me must be strong. What knowledge I have that may help them, it is my duty to share.

I will ensure that they learn to direct their hatred against... approriate targets and not become eaten up from the inside.

It is the least I can do for my family.