Author Topic: Server files not saving  (Read 369 times)

Lexxy

• New to the Mists
Server files not saving
« on: September 12, 2022, 04:09:15 PM »
I understand this may be more of a technical problem on my own side, but I've been unable to find any support so I have come here as it relates to your module.

Every time I join the server it is making me redownload the 8gb server package, even if I have previously installed it. Does anyone know why this might be?

I presume that it's not saving the fact that it's already downloaded Ravenloft's files or it's deleting them on exit of the client, but I'm not sure how to solve that.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
"For he who dwells in dark shall be damned
Forever beyond the reach of Her guidance
And those with light shall never be harmed
And the Mists shall facilitate their work, with sword and burning shield,
purging the unworthy from this good Plain."

Lightweaver

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Power
Re: Server files not saving
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 04:13:51 PM »
Do you have Microsoft OneDrive set to store your Documents folder? It has been known to abduct your game files and instead store them off in the cloud.

Lexxy

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 05:00:48 PM »
Do you have Microsoft OneDrive set to store your Documents folder? It has been known to abduct your game files and instead store them off in the cloud.

Yeah someone on the Discord recommended I check this, but I don't have OneDrive and I've made double sure it's uninstalled. Still not working.
"For he who dwells in dark shall be damned
Forever beyond the reach of Her guidance
And those with light shall never be harmed
And the Mists shall facilitate their work, with sword and burning shield,
purging the unworthy from this good Plain."

Phantasia

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • ¿
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2022, 07:19:26 PM »
The next best thing to do is to check manually if the sync files are going into your Documents/Neverwinter Nights/nwsync folder and not just disappearing in some way. The files will mostly appear as "nwsyncdata_0sqlite," so there is no exact way to know if those are the Prisoners of the Mists files specifically.

Is PotM the only server you sync with? If you can be bothered, I might suggest a clean reinstall from whatever directory you use. Also are you using Steam or GoG to patch and launch the game? Not that it should matter, but just in case there might be an issue to single out specific to one platform.
Le cœur voit plus loin que l'esprit.
The heart sees further than the mind.