You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Herb bag bug?  (Read 415 times)

Kireek

• Undead Slayer
Herb bag bug?
« on: September 12, 2022, 05:28:03 PM »
So I'm not sure WHEN this bug was introduced, but it wasn't always there, at least to my knowledge, I know it first started popping up when grubs were introduced around that time, but basically whenever you use an herb bag on a bag filled with herbs, there is a small chance that you just lose the entire herb bag contents.

Like for example, I had 12/20 bleak caps...

It consume all the bleak caps in a bag...

and the herb bag is now empty at 0/20.

It's really inconsistent on when it works out, and I can't replicate it, but I've lost somewhere in the vein of around 140 herbs to this damn bug. It's very hard to sort of provide evidence for this, but it does happen, erratically, it ussually happenswith bags that are over 10 full trying to pull from bags, but I've had it happen trying to put herbs into other containers too.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 05:34:40 PM by Kireek »

Kireek

• Undead Slayer
Re: Herb bag bug?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 07:27:55 PM »
This is getting insane.

I've just lost another 80 herbs in 4 bags. I am not sure when, but I don't store 'empty' herb bags normally, and yet here they are. I made sure to clean out my emptyu herb bags a few dyas ago..  something really funky is going on here. This is kicking me up to about 220+ herbs now lost.

Oh btw, when you brew like 300 potions, some of the potion bottles end up getting corrupted and not recognized? Even though they are in there? Something wonky is going on with the herbalism craft. I've encountered this at least 3 times now, and it's new. Again, it happened around the same time as the new herbs were being introduced.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 07:31:26 PM by Kireek »

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2022, 08:05:01 PM »
Can you detail step by step your actions? Also indicate when you use it on a container vs a herb bag, as that's not particularly clear right now.

Kireek

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 08:21:53 PM »
Okay so the process tends to be I will be using the herb bag on the container in question.

They are labeled bags as well if that matters, but basically the process is..

I have mixed REGULAR bags of herbs, and I just start moving herb bags around through my inventory grabbing fromv various bags until they get full. On rare occassions what happens are that the herb bags will pull the herbs from the magic bag- to full but then immeaditly empty, deleting the herbs. Like I will get the message you lost x (The appropriate amount of times)

In another instance, I was unloading a herb bag of the grubs into a vat.. and they just disappeared.

I am not sure what happened with the previosuly full herb bags that got bugged while storing (or it may be user error here, but I'm.. starting to think it isn't, it keeps happening, and I go out of my way to clear out my inventory of these bags.)

Kireek

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2022, 01:42:35 PM »
Just put 200 bottles and some herbs into a vat.. and I don't have anycrafting ingredients in the vat.. I now have to go through and remove one of 200 bottles becuase one of the items is bugged. I cannot use crafting bags to remove the item because it isn't recognized. It ended up being more than 3 and I just had to abandon the vat.. and leave a huge mess..  Oof
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 02:00:52 PM by Kireek »

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2022, 09:39:50 PM »
This should now be fixed.