Public (OOC) > Setting and Lore Discussion

Astrology.

(1/4) > >>

Anarcoplayba:
So, there is one thing that I've been thinking fir some time: how are the skies in the Core?

I know there is one sun and one moon, and there are eclipses and planetary alignments. Therefore, must be an astrological body of knowledge.

Is there a way to know it ooc so I can think in something IC?

Vissy:
There are astrological texts you can find by participating in scholarly organizations that will explain this very thing. Examples of this are organizations like the Erudite Society.

Anarcoplayba:

--- Quote from: Vissy on July 23, 2022, 11:00:56 AM ---There are astrological texts you can find by participating in scholarly organizations that will explain this very thing. Examples of this are organizations like the Erudite Society.

--- End quote ---

The udea would be mire to know in what sky people see. I am not too keen on creating a pc to study in game and disciver wheter or not a line of rp is adequate

Myrza:
Gazetteer I also mentions that Vallaki houses several astrological cults:

"...Several sages in Vallaki studiously chart the stars and planets of the evening sky, and rumors persist of bizarre astrological cults in the village..."

Vissy:

--- Quote from: Anarcoplayba on July 23, 2022, 11:32:24 AM ---
--- Quote from: Vissy on July 23, 2022, 11:00:56 AM ---There are astrological texts you can find by participating in scholarly organizations that will explain this very thing. Examples of this are organizations like the Erudite Society.

--- End quote ---

The udea would be mire to know in what sky people see. I am not too keen on creating a pc to study in game and disciver wheter or not a line of rp is adequate

--- End quote ---

Well, the same as what any layperson would see without astrological know-how. They'd see a lot of stars if visibility was good (which in Barovia, it isn't the case very often). You would presumably need astrological knowledge to discern more from the night sky.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version