You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Diary of Ovidiu Poénaru  (Read 700 times)

Regular Ordinary Birdman

• Church of the Lawgiver
  • Dark Lord
Diary of Ovidiu Poénaru
« on: July 22, 2022, 11:05:20 PM »
Ovidiu Poénaru son of Iulian Poénaru
[734 ~ 777]

This Diary is poorly kept. Worn with partially torn and sometimes singed papers, its astounding that someone would even hold onto such an object within are the recorded perspective of a man and drawings of the things he sees...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 08:23:17 PM by Meduegna »

Regular Ordinary Birdman

• Church of the Lawgiver
  • Dark Lord
Re: Diary of Ovidiu Poénaru
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2022, 12:49:24 AM »

Every night I hear it. Her screams. How weak I was I could not save her. Not for me nor for the children. The crackle of flame was met to the insidious laughter and I see it. The Idol. What is it where did it come from I don't understand. What I do know is I am starving. My children must eat I can't let them go hungry. I will starve so that they can eat.

Thats when I hear it them though. Is it The Idol? I can't understand them. They laugh and gossip and speak of strange things. Things I do not fully understand but I hear. They did this. They had to have done this. Why else would such a thing happen? Domn Dragoslav Costache demands more and more from my debt. I have been working tirelessly and I can't always feed them. I can't always feed me.

They see us and they laugh wearing their fancy buttons and Dementlieuese garments. They prance about like this while we starve and wear the same shoes for over fifteen years. They did this they killed my wife. They killed my wife and there is nothing I can do about it.

The fields are unending. I cut my hand on a tool and it feeds the soil while the sun rains down on me in full tyranny. This isn't enough though... Domnule Costache demands I bring him more but if I bring him more what will be left for my family? My daughter is ill...  Why has the devil condemned us so? Why am I trapped in this hell where the earth feeds upon blood and the heavens scorch.

I must find peace. I must feed my family.

Regular Ordinary Birdman

• Church of the Lawgiver
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2022, 08:27:48 PM »

They laugh. They all laugh at me and my plight as they hand out pitiful coin in the form of 'charity'. Stupid smiles upon their face as they know I suffer. I suffer because of Domnule Vasile Antonescu the merchant lord. He killed my wife. He killed my wife and took everything from me and now I am his slave. I hate it! The merchant spread his sickness... this whole city is sick and depraved. Is there no cure? can there be a cure?

stop laughing

STOP LAUGHING

Regular Ordinary Birdman

• Church of the Lawgiver
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2022, 07:35:40 PM »

In my dreams I see it the walls that bleed with the blood of hatred. Every corner I took caused the bleeding to flow more and more... there's no way out. I was ankle deep in blood and I could still hear their screams. All the screaming the anguished SCREAMING! STOP SCREAMING STOP NOW! the laughter. The laughter drowns the screaming the hideous cackle of the sick and unhealthy they mock the normal who are burdened with their existence. They breathe, we suffocate. They eat, we starve. They laugh, we cry. The beasts howl in their symphony of hilarity as they shovel mountains of food into their black maws. The gnashing of teeth painted blood red by their bounty, their stomachs a gaping black abyss that is never satisfied. Their meal of choice is us... the down trodden those who are simultaneously forgotten and hated. I hear them, my children my wife...

THEY'RE EATING THEM! AND THEN THEY WILL EAT ME! I will run as much as I can but the blood fills the path to my waist and I am slow... I cannot move it's too thick! They wolves think they are clever as they chew upon our flesh. They wear fancy petticoats and frills but in the skin they are diseased... their disease makes them less than human. Less than insects...

Regular Ordinary Birdman

• Church of the Lawgiver
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2022, 10:51:02 PM »
I ran through it again. The maze of blood. It always oozes oozing blood how it SOAKS My clothes and holds me back but I pressed on... I kept going and it got darker and dark and darker until I could no longer see save for a light and upon a pedestal I saw it. The Idol made of ichor and guts. It was the most beautiful thing I ever laid eyes upon! True beauty. Yes this will save us all. I am Vallaki's last hope. The last healthy man in Vallaki surrounded in a sick world populated with sick people THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! THE SICK MUST BE CLEANSED! I devote myself to the idol. The king with horns. THE CURE.

Regular Ordinary Birdman

• Church of the Lawgiver
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2022, 12:35:09 PM »
I am alone. I have nothing no sisters no brothers. The illusion of safety has been lifted and I see that I am truly and utterly alone.SURROUNDED BY THE SICK. THE SICK ARE EVERYWHERE AND IN ALL INSTITUTIONS. TO CURE THE SICK THEY MUST BE SENT TO THE MAZE. I need to find the perfect weapon. The final weapon. Something to help get rid of all the sick. I have heard the horrors outside though, the sick are not just confined to Vallaki, the sickness has spread to Barovia. Is the count sick? THEY ARE ALL SICK. THE SICK MUST BE JUDGED IN THE MAZE OF BLOOD. YOU ARE THE LAST. YOU ARE THE CURE. I am the cure Barovia needs. I will have to adapt to this world of sickness, and deliver them to him; the great Idol. The Horned King. Praise be the Horned King and his faithful Knight.

Regular Ordinary Birdman

• Church of the Lawgiver
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2022, 10:12:47 AM »
THEY ALL KNOW. ITS WORSE THAN WE COULD IMAGINE. The sick have become sentient and aware, not blind to the lurking CURE. Refuges betray me there is only the Horned King and his court. We must delve further into the bleeding maze. I've seen them all with their gnashing laughing teeth as they consume wildly. The sick NEED to be cured.

YOU ARE THE LAST. THE FINAL CURE. We will cure the sick. THE SICK NEED THEIR MEDICINE. WE ARE OVIDIU POENARU THE LAST HEALTHY MAN IN BAROVIA.

Regular Ordinary Birdman

• Church of the Lawgiver
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2022, 11:55:15 AM »

I wouldn't say that I am reborn, but rather I am awakened. I remember now. How sick they were. That stupid woman with her dumb eyes. I'm glad I burned her alive, and the mongrel spawn we created? I should have put them to the blade sooner. I am glad their bodies are buried beneath the crop fields of my farm. I look back at the things I wrote and I can't help but feel embarrassed.

How timid and afraid was I? Shuffling about in rags shoveling snow for the sick all while hiding away. I even deluded myself to working with the guardsmen. Perhaps the sick thought they were keeping an eye on me or keeping me contained. In their foolishness they trained me. Taught me how to hold a sword, and how to administer the cure.

Their time is over and they must be sent to the Labyrinth. They will be judged by the bleeding maze and the Horned King. The idol of truth and sanity. I had another dream recently, a dream of fire  and death. They grey city was blackened with ash and the people there scorched to cinders... the blood of the sick painted that ashen black with a darker shade of red. Illuminated by the fire this scene was perfect. I was holding the torch and seated with pride the Idol smiled upon me.

My name is Ovidiu Poenaru. The last healthy man in Vallaki, and soon I will be the last man in Vallaki.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 08:35:15 PM by Meduegna »