You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: ⟴Dark-Marrow Asylum, Hive Ward of Sigil ⥈ Protocol Logs - Akadus⬲  (Read 294 times)

mstrlzard

• Undead Slayer
  • ~Akadus~ "'Evening cutter!"
~Report log taken by Doctor [Redacted], factotum to the bleak cabal~
⟴Dark-Marrow Asylum⬲

[Music]
Spoiler: show

Log Date: 130Ha, 12th of Mortis

New Patient: Male, Young - Age: N/A, Appears Tiefling
Room# 044

We brought in this patient after being spotted by the look-out team we have here, finding the patient lying on the ground in an alleyway in Blackboot Walk, assumed dead at first. When they were brought into a room here, we found that they had multiple abrasions on their skin, upper lip and eyebrow, bruised, and shoulder dislocated as well as a fractures to both their kneecaps. Ribcage outlined on the body, indicates the diet has been very poor as well as the muscle mass nearly deteriorated completely.

Information on this patient still pending, we are unable to get them to speak. They still breathe and they are receiving care to wounds and being fed. We believe the patient is young, the age assumed to be 16-20. They lie there in bed, his eyes only stare at the ceiling and makes no move as we treat his wounds. Patient is not under a cationic state, paralysis,  and has been confirmed that they are not suffering from a coma. It would appear as if they feel and are aware of the reality around them, but is unable to react to anything. Will provide them medicine and rest until more information can be gathered.

Log Date: 130Ha, 14th of Mortis
Sources have gathered that this patient's name is Akadus. Last known record of them is that they were a young apprentice to the Mortuary and was under care of a human dustwoman named Jena, but had been arrested by Harmonium for conspiracy. No other information regarding guardians or parents of Akadus. Age is still unknown, and was last seen at the age of 9.
Akadus has made slight progress. Injuries are healing slowly, and responds to his name by looking at the doctors in the eyes, nothing more however.

Log Date: 130Ha, 21st of Mortis
Last peak, I had made great progress. Other patients heard unconditional laughter coming from room 044. I went to confront Akadus about it, and they now speak to me. I managed to get a conversation out of them and have been able to diagnose their mental state.
Akadus suffers from planar madness induced schizophrenia as made mention from the voices that speak to them, heard from corners of the room accompanied by other harsh sounds like river rapids or howling winds. It would seem that this patient has survived from another plane of existence, recently returned to Sigil- patient has lost the concept of time, their memories, and has immense panic attacks which is indicated by a fit of laughter as a coping mechanism. In my professional opinion, his personality nearly matches that of a child's, it is believed that they fell into this unknown plane of existence at the age of 9. It truly is a miracle that this man is still alive and breathing. His body will heal in time to a complete and full recovery, but his mind is forever scarred.

And as I write this entry, experts just gathered from my notes have believed that Akadus had been through the lower planes of Pandemonium and back. They believe that the injuries suffered such as bone fractures were most likely due to falling from great heights that he couldn't see coming, or pushed violently by winds.

I will continue to have my conversations with the patient Akadus to futher explore his current mental state; with him regaining the ability to speak with us, we can now begin the mental rehabilitation process.

[The logs continue]

😳

mstrlzard

• Undead Slayer
  • ~Akadus~ "'Evening cutter!"
Re: ⟴Dark-Marrow Asylum, Hive Ward of Sigil ⥈ Protocol Logs - Akadus⬲
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2022, 01:28:50 PM »
Log Date: 130Ha, 22nd of Mortis

~Transcript between the doctor and patient 044: "Akadus"~

Doctor: Today I wanted to talk about us using your name with our oracle hag to look more into your history, and with your permission we already took care of that. Do you remember this?

Akadus: [silence]

Doctor: Well . . . It would seem the oracle only retrieved very little, meaning we've already gathered what we currently know about you. Is this because Akadus is not your real name?

Doctor: Do you remember what your real name is?

Akadus: He told me not to talk to you.

Doctor: Are you referring to your friend? Seteth? Did he tell you not to speak with me? Can you tell me why? He seems to give you good advice, I understand this, but can you tell me why he told you this?

Akadus: He . . . He said today you would try to lead me back.

Doctor: Back where? Back to--

Akadus: The bariaur girl got a plate of cookies today. I saw it. Why can't I get some?

Doctor: . . . The patient in room 049? I can't say, I'm sorry. Would you like us to bring you a cooki--

Akadus: You're an angel-man aren't you?

Doctor: No. I'm an aasimar. A different kind. You know this. Can I have you focus on the questions I ask of you, please? Would Seteth be okay if I only ask two questions for today? I will be on my way afterward and have a nurse bring you a cookie.

Doctor: I won't ask you any more of *that place* for awhile. I just want to get to know you better as a start. First, I would like to know if you could remember your birth-parents. Can you remember who your real parents are?

Akadus: [The patient shook his head]

Doctor: That was question one. Last question then. Your caretaker, Jena. We've gathered that she had been arrested over five years ago by the harmonium for conspiracy. Do you remember Jena?

Akadus: I- I do.

Doctor: Can you tell me what she was like?

Akadus:You got your two questions. Now bring me my cookie, knave.

Doctor: I see. Then we will go ahead and try again tomorrow, I'll see to your cookie then, Akadus.

Notes - The patient seems to not be cooperating, and rather has been the entire stay he's had at the asylum. I have been given the directive to use hypnosis methods for this patient to be more coordinated. During sleeping hours, our team will go in to collect Akadus and bring him to the hypnosis room to be given the treatment. I will try again tomorrow with our questioning.

😳