You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Powers Seduction  (Read 9558 times)

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
Re: Powers Seduction
« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2023, 11:56:41 AM »
Velvety blackness, shrouded figures made mysterious movements, hands weaving and pulling at strings unseen, chaos and order from within it, undone by darker hands. A dream that shifted from that scene to a woman alone at a loom. Magical threads wove intricate arcane and divine sigils and patterns into a strange cloth, archaic symbols in a language long lost and forgotten. Thirteen faces rose from the cloth, and soon took human form, hands joined together in a circle. A darkness creeping in from the center, tugging at the connected hands until one comes loose, chaos ensues. Again the woman at the loom, with a heavy heart and sigh she left and dove into the patterned woven world. So connected again the thirteen grew, and more patterns were woven into the fabric on that loom. Yet no matter the time, again and again that darkness would creep in, breaking apart the connections and causing suffering.

A woman's voice echoed throughout, "Help heal them. Reforge the bond. Before the dark hands do more damage."

Dark fleshed taloned hands emerged from the void and rushed towards her. Claws ripping and tearing into her skin, the blood that gushed forth quickly turned to darkness which the hands greedily grasped at. Quickened foot steps, fleeing down a dark hall into a room with a silver loom and a veiled woman sitting there. Her hands were busy pulling and weaving the threads to create a wondrous tapestry. New faces arose and took humanoid form again, a darkness was shown within one, a darkness like a seed encased by those wretched dark hands. She could feel the suffering they endured, the pain within that slowly corrupted. How easy to curse the dark, where it is much harder to create a light within it.

Narcissa turned to the veiled woman with a sense of understanding. Her hands reaching for the woman's, only to find her gone before able to reach. She sat down at the loom and watched as her hands, as if guided by some other, began to continue the work of the veiled weaver. Her fingers dancing across the loom as they pulled and wove at the silvery threads of the dream time loom. More patterns emerged on the tapestry, ones she recognized and more she did not. Mysterious words in ancient tongues and long forgotten patterns emerged as if she were seeing history come alive within the woven world of the fabric.

A cold sweat covered Narcissa as she sat upright in the bed, panting. Her body was ice cold, and trembling, yet she felt a strange calmness within her. 'Such a strange dream...' She thought to herself, internally doubting the thought that it was merely a dream. It felt different to her than other dreams, even different from the dreams that revealed her magic. Why couldn't she remember what the woman looked like? Why was she feeling calm, yet trembling and cold as if awoken from a nightmare? With a sigh, she laid back down and summoned her familiar whom she told of her dream.

"What do you think Pluth?"

"Hmmm... I think you would be best seeking the advice of the Halans."

"Are you sure? I don't want to upset them, and it could just be a dream and nothing more."

"If you believed that, Mistress, you'd not be asking me for advice." The wise raven replied.

Narcissa sighed, the bird was right. She didn't fully believe it was just a dream, she believed it was more, and that terrified her.

"It's already so weird that I can heal without prayer though. Mister Tarset said it was a miracle..." Se trailed off, the fear evident in her voice.

"You were quite overjoyed to be able to heal Mistress, why the sudden change?"

"Because that vision, or dream, or whatever it was scared me. I've never experienced anything like that before Pluth."

"New things can be terrifying indeed my Mistress, but remember what Mother Eve had said to you. The Mother has not abandoned you, in fact, I'd say you've found a way to become closer to Her, and that is not something to fear my dear."

"Maybe I'll have a drink or two and try to sleep the rest of the night." She said as she took out a small flask and pat the pillow beside her. Pluth spread his wings and fluttered over to the pillow besides his mistress's head. As soon as she put the flask away, her familiar nestled himself beside her, rubbing his feathered cheek against hers in a show of affection and comfort.

"Rest well Mistress, I will be here to watch over you." Pluth whispered soothingly as he watched Narcissa drift off into a peaceful, dreamless slumber.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #101 on: May 08, 2023, 06:03:42 PM »

I ran into her, although she wore her veil, it felt like she was staring at me, I felt a chill run down my spine. Everything felt odd about that situation. Especially her greeting. Why would anyone greet someone in Barovia by calling them witches unless they want to put them in danger? It is something I will pay attention to. I was shown a shop in a thieves highway in Port a Lucine, where I was able to find some alternative pain relief medicines. I also found an anasthetic, and a lesser one that would do in a pinch. It's used on ships at sea when things have run out... I've also had the pleasure of exploring a ruined monastary from a Darkonese order. It was beautiful but eerie, and the upper part was a wreck.

I believe it was the Overseer, but I was more curious about what we could find. Like the report of a paladin going out, his comrades not aiding him as he was overcome by wolves. How he haunted them for their inaction, and how there was a plague in 691. Almost a century ago, that must of been horrible, I remember the last plague that hit, Mama was so busy. Speaking of my mother... I've yet to return home.

I had the same dream again, I remember now clearly that it is a veiled woman.

Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #102 on: May 11, 2023, 10:28:41 AM »

It's nice to be back home. I've spoken to mother and told her that I intend to walk my own path, but will always ensure that there is plenty of funds in the bank for her. She isn't happy that I've decided to do this, she berated me for screwing up my chance at marrying a good barovian man, but that is what she wanted for me, not what I want. I'm also not sure that I will stay in Vallaki yet. Apparently she found my warning about greeting people as "witch" in Barovia as rude. I wasn't trying to be rude, infact I was trying to be polite and kind.

I still want to explore more places before I settle down, and I have much to learn about Hala, these dreams I get, and the weave itself. I know that Hags corrupt it and are created apart from the weave itself, an outside force that taints and corrupts I think?

I will speak with Marissa when others are present to witness, whatever issue she has with me, she should keep to herself. It gets in the way of our ability to unite as followers of Hala, and harder to help alleviate the suffering around Vallaki. Further, there was no reason for her to inform the garda that she found my greeting and warning rude. She must be suffering greatly to allow her issues with me to impact so much. I hope I can help her overcome it, or at least come to terms with it and be civil.

I've decided that I'm going to gather wool and make blankets and warm winter cloaks and clothes for the children in the orphanage as well as the people in the slums of Vallaki. I know there are caliban beneath the city and criminals in some spot called the drain, I don't know if they need warm winter cloaks though, let alone where it is.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #103 on: May 20, 2023, 05:21:40 PM »

Even though I have returned and most of those who knew the slander aren't around... I can still feel the harsh stares and dubious glares that the townsfolk give me. Outlanders may of forgotten, but not the locals. They still remember. Mama has at least spoken to me. She endured a fair bit of a fallout for those allegations. We had been close, and they had even begun to suspect her as being a devil worshipper and witch. Of course neither of us work with fiends or devils or demons, but once that rumour is there, it lingers.

I don't know if I will ever have the same sort of welcoming feeling here again. It feels like those who know are avoiding me, and I have no idea why. The dream keeps on repeating, and the womans voice sounds more concerned every few nights. She keeps showing me the individual with the growing seed of darkness, telling me to mend the bridges, repair the gaps and bring them together. I want to act, but I'm afraid.

I am terrified by these vision like dreams. I wake from them several times a night, drenched in a cold sweat. I need to act on it, but... I am terrified.

Not just that, but Benedikte... My heart longs for his smile to be directed to me, for his caress again. To be held in his protective arms like I used to be... I know deep down I would still give up everything for him if he wanted. I just... don't think I'll be allowed to anymore. If these are indeed visions, then... I have a divine task to attend to and that has to come first. But I love him still, more if that is possible.

If he wanted me, could he accept my visions? Or would his faith in Ezra see me in a different light? If he wanted me, how long could I hide these from him, could I even? Or would they become so intense that I am seen as a madwoman?
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #104 on: May 22, 2023, 12:02:09 PM »

I know I should not allow myself to fall for him again, but I am unable to control my heart it seems. When he smiled at me I felt myself melt. It warmed my heart and soul... But still... I have to know what he believed from the lies and rumours. I am unsure if Benedikte would be able to deal with these dreams or visions, yet... my heart wants him. I want to spend a life with him, and I'm hopeful he may with me. However, if I asked advice on this matter I know what I would be told.

But what is it that I want? If this repeating dream is a vision from Hala, does what I want even matter?

I hope I can figure this out.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #105 on: May 27, 2023, 05:58:17 PM »
From the darkness there rose a figure, clothed in glorious white. She shone brilliantly akin to a celestial body in the night sky, her robes flowed like the finest of silks as she glided across the floor. Narcissa was unable to move as she watched this woman begin to turn black from the inside. She wanted to reach out, longed to reach out. Every fiber of her very being desperately wanted to reach for the figure to help her. She did not want her to become darkness.

'You must find them, unite them, protect them. Forgive her fully, heal the wound before the Hags corrupt it fully
.'

She knew that voice, it had been in her dreams constantly, but as she blinked, reality set back in. She looked from the flickering flames of the fireplace to the surrounding people muttering over their tsuika. This was the Broken Bell, she was downstairs. Had she just fallen asleep? She didn't remember falling asleep. She took a shaking breath and pulled out a bottle of Rhum Vieux and took a drink from the bottle, and then another. And another. As she felt the shaking of her body stop, she knew that that had been no mere dream.

The fear of her new reality had begun to set in. She could heal, her greatest wish fulfilled, she had learned forgiveness, learned first hand how suffering felt, and now, perhaps someone had taken a favour to her. Attempting to guide her along a certain path. Favoured by the divine, Narcissa was terrified. She knew that Barovians would most assuredly not accept a woman with religious visions, if she was found out, surely she'd be sent to the asylum. Deemed not sound of mind. Perhaps, Narcissa thought in dread, that was the case.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #106 on: June 09, 2023, 02:18:27 PM »

I have not had a good rest in a while. It feels like the more I try to convince myself that these are nothing but dreams, the louder she gets. She is screaming at me each night now. Imploring me to gather people, to protect and to weed out the darkness. I lack the ability to speak with others about this, as I can not find the other Sisters. Only Marissa, who will not speak with me. At this point, I fear she would be the only one who could potentially give me guidance about these vision like dreams, but at the same time... I fear that she would deem them Hag sent, or demonic, or wicked in nature. Could they be? I don't know enough about them, about this sort of thing...

I fear that I may end up as one of those women who are forced out of society for the visions they have, and how they act. I have lived my life within the city and I am not sure how to live outside it. I don't even know how to skin an animal for dinner. I've always purchased from the butcher. If I am like that... What sort of life will befall me then?

I spoke to an outlander who understood my vision dreams as they had experienced such in their home world. I know that Benedikte asked me not to lie to him, though I am unsure why he thinks I did in the first place, should I confide in him? I could tell Garald, but... I am not sure that I should. There is anger in him and he needs more guidance... Maybe I will have to try to find Weyland again. I am scared.

If these are visions, then where are they from? Is it really Hala? Is it Ezra? Is it something pretending to be good like Eros? I am not sure that I want this power to heal if these visions are the cost. How can I live a normal life- how could I ever live a normal life when magic flows through my veins like the blood of life. I know there is power within my blood, it is why I can so easily connect and draw from the weave, but I realize that this connection, though innate comes with a limitation. While others are able to draw a wide variety of magics from the weave at any given chance, I am limited to what my heart desires.

When my heart desired to control someones life, that magic came to me, and I am thankful that I never succumbed to that temptation of power. What will happen if Halans learn that I am having these dreams and visions? Will I be further tossed away? Will they see me as a threat? Will they see me as a blessing? I only want to be seen as me.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #107 on: June 12, 2023, 10:54:57 AM »

I knew we couldn't be together... The damage done to my repuation has destroyed that chance. I can only now, try to make things up to him. Up to everyone I hurt. Even so, hearing the words from his lips... Hurt. Cut so deep, but, I know it's true. I know it's for the best. I have visions now, and it's obvious I can not be the woman he deserves. Benedikte deserves the best, he deserves a woman who will be able to safely give him a child. That is not me. Not if the last time is going to repeat and that idea scares me.

I will have to ask Mitica how I can make ammends, I think he is the last person who was around during that time. The last person my actions might of harmed. If they had put me in the asylum, although it may of been best for my wellbeing... I would of lost myself the more the pregnancy progressed. But, at least I would of been in the right place for such, I think... Perhaps an asylum in a country that was accepting of magic might of been better. But that was not something I needed to fret about then or now.

All I want now is to find someone who is a Sister of Hala, or even  Brother, who I can ask about these vision like dreams.

I have made mistakes, and now I get the chance to make up for them. Marissa seems to be the one whom I hurt the most, and I sincerly hope that she will agree to speak with me. There are not many followers of Hala, so despite our differences we should strive to work together. Even the first 13 experienced discord and almost destruction admidst themselves, and it took Hala intervening to stop the destruction. I wonder if these vision dreams are akin to that. Hala trying to intervene to stop the discourse that could lead to destruction...

But if that is it, why me?

I can see two pathes ahead of me. One is rough, full of bramble, thorns and roots. The other is a clearer path illuminated by the gentle moonlight and sparkling stars that fill the sky. I don't know which path to take...

Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #108 on: June 20, 2023, 08:00:10 PM »

Again? Why, and who keeps doing this? How did she know about the little bastard? Not that it matters, but how did she know something she was not present for? I don't remember telling her...

I thought that things were getting better for me, but now... Why now? Why again? How could his friend know? Mother and I have been so careful.

Divine visions, magic, now to be called a blood traitor... Garald put it perfectly, I am somehow afloat in an ocean of shit.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #109 on: June 29, 2023, 05:38:31 PM »

May they both get exactly what they deserve.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #110 on: July 03, 2023, 01:44:34 PM »

There are mushroom circles showing up and a strange, seemingly abandoned caravan in the woods. It would seem the mushrooms started there, but without being able to see inside, it's hard to say. Garald suspects a hag but, I'm not sure. It could be fey, and going to the Ice Palace sort of helped solidify that thought with me. I had no idea you could see the Shadow Rift from the mountain. I want to find out more, there was word about a gnome? And then there was a hag not long ago too.

I would much like it to not be a hag, but if it is... I guess it will be a good learning experience.

But the ice palace! Garald, Talis and Emma took me there, although we weren't fully prepared for what was there, I finally got to see the place I dreamed of since I was a child! And it looked as magical and as cold as I dreamed. None of us, save Garald, were prepared for the ice crystals to get in our eyes. That was very painful to remove and for some reason they did not melt like normal ice. Good news is our sight was restored, and Talis prepared some divine wards to remove blindness. The funny thing is, when we stopped at the mage tower to prepare and take a short rest, well... I debated buying a bunch of scrolls of Vision of the Omniscient eye, but opted for clarity instead. I know better now.

We also could of benefited from using those warm fire varnishes on our clothes and armour to help with the cold, but there will be a next time and next time we will be prepared, maybe I'll even get to see Jezra herself, oh if only I could speak with her specter and find out her story. Not often does one get the chance to learn the truth of a legend from its source. That is, if she's able to get passed her rage and hate for a few moments at least.

There are other places I'd like to explore too, like the Silver Threads Monastary, and even the peak of the mountain. Barovia has a beautiful landscape and its mountains are no exception. Garald was asking about my father... I'm sure he's begun to piece it together, but, he deserves to know the details. He is a good man, but he doesn't understand the fear I live in daily. Do I dare write it down? I burned my last journal to protect Benedikte and myself for the same reason.

I remember I once asked Amelia if hags were drawn to Halans, or if Halans draw the hags to them. She did not know, or at least could not tell me clearly. There will be many things that will come up that I do not know, such as the existence of dusk and dawn hags. Next time I go abroad I will spend some time sitting and reading over Van Richtens book on hags. Information will arm me best.

I... had another vision while we were out. Dark clawed hands, slender hands, dark hands all reached for a tapestry, pulling it apart. It's obvious that I need to find more Halans. We need to come together and be ready to face what it is that comes next. Because we also have the lawgivers stationing themselves in Berez. They may be more problematic than the Ezrites. I think they are behind the witch hunts in Tepest.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #111 on: July 05, 2023, 03:33:41 PM »
The darkness is coming my child, great suffering looms ahead. Stand strong, stay true to the Path my child.

The womans voice echoed in her ears as she felt her own power grow. There was indeed a great suffering that loomed over the west Barovia and Narcissa knew it. A hag, the fairy circles, the lawgivers getting a base of operations, a church. Narcissa needed more than ever some guidance from another Halan, but lacking it, she had turned to prayer and ritual. In the safety of her house, she gathered the materials needed.

A circle of salt, the stationing of offerings to the elements: incense for air, a candle for fire, a few plant leaves for earth, and a chalice for water. Each placed in the corresponding element. Narcissa took a deep breath and moved to the center of the circle she had created. She placed the idol of Hala infront of her and kneeled before it. She held her hands open in offering, and softly spoke with closed eyes.

"Hala, Mother, Caretaker, it is now that I need your aid. I do not know enough, I fret that I am weak. For how can I fight that which I do not fully know? Hala, Mother, Caretaker please come to my aid with guidance."

She uttered the words in truth, and held tight her holy symbol, remaining silent in prayer and meditation until the candle and incense had burned out. Carrying her words off in their smoke towards the heavens.

Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #112 on: July 18, 2023, 10:33:14 AM »

I had hoped that I would not see the Gundarakite registration again, but here it is. Not just that, but someone I thought was dead is not. Perhaps it's just someone pretending? But I can't deny the writing looks the same as his. I wont inform Mama, I don't want to put her in danger... I fear this next while will force me to walk a very precarious line.

The vision dreams keep coming, and some have even happened while I am awake. I need to investigate Berez, but not just that, I need to try to find out why hags have been showing up around Vallaki periodically.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #113 on: July 22, 2023, 04:30:33 PM »

Perhaps my interpretation of my visions was wrong. Perhaps it was never about Halans... Perhaps it was about a looming rebellion... There will be so much suffering
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2023, 04:13:13 PM »

How about that. It would seem I am being stalked, watched, and kept under eye by someone. I do feel terrible for her student, but, she should be made aware that she will be learning from someone who broke their vows.

I really hope that we can finally speak together and set things straight. I'd rather she spread the facts, over falsehoods. I grow very weary of it.

The truth is not subjective; what one thinks truth does not make it so.

Perhaps it is Margit who spread things to the garda, but the others they told me who spoke to them, and none of them said Margit. I really do hope that she and I can sort this out. Vallaki is about to face a great deal of suffering and if what rumours say are true, she may be in a unique position to stop a war from starting. I will repeat what my mother and I did last time, and spend my time tending the injuries of those in Vallaki. Perhaps this time I will even be able to serve the garda as a doctor.  I was informed that the garda who was slain, one of them was returned, perhaps that will be enough, but truthfully, I've not seen any of them out in the open since the attack.

I am sure the tension can be cut with a dull blade by now at the Citadel, I fear that should Lady Talena return to Vallaki, it wont turn out as well as before.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2023, 02:54:29 PM »
The night of the ritual, Narcissa meditated, letting herself become lost in the tracing of the 13 coiled snakes, each eating their own tail. Her fingers traced each serpant over and over as she meditated on what guidance she seeked to gain. Narcissa had grown genuinely worried for the second wisest witch of Hala that she knew. The actions she had taken were most unlike a Halan, and she greatly feared that others may suffer for it. Narcissa, had grown to appreciate Marissa's actions, as they had guided her to a better understanding of the Path. She had experience a level of personal suffering that had opened her heart and mind to the sufering experienced by others.

Narcissa sat in a small inn room illuminated solely by the lit incense that she burned to help focus her mind. With a blended tea of Quovusp root and other herbs, she sipped at it until the sedative nature took hold of her. Lulled to sleep in the cradel of the Mother, Narcissa prayed that she could learn. That she could gain some mere glimmer of guidance on how to proceed in this matter.

The incense wafted around the small room, the candle light dancing through the rising smoke. She sat and watched those patterns ebb and change in the swirling smoke. Darkness soon took hold of her as her eye fluttered shut. The sedatives and mind opening herbs she smoked began to dance their magic within her mind, granted her the guidance and connection that she begged and longed for.

The world designed upon the tapestry began to burn. The three who once stood together, the one who turned to darkness, the clawing talons. It all burned before her eyes. Within the burning flame she witness a miracle. A glowing ember that turned to much, much more. It rose from the ashes of the tapestry, bathed in a gentle glow. The figure reached out to Narcissa, and she reached back. Hand connected and fingers interlaced, the figure slowly became one with her. Stars began to illuminate a damning darkness. She felt herself guided to walk from star to star, dancing across the cosmos in a exceptional dance. Her feets path behind her began to grow flowers and greenery. The darkness that threatened to destroy everything had been washed away by the flames that brought illumination to the darkness.

'You have stood strong, continue to do so. Gather up those who are true. They will bring about the peace and ease the suffering. While your heart still beats, do not neglect the hope it can bring. A simple dot of light in a sea of darkness can be the saving grace to all who are lost.'

She stared into the ember red light of the incense as she found herself lost in the visions she had sought. She could see that the path of least suffering would not be easy, as sometimes the suffering was necessary, and she had been given a glimmer of light to her darkness of confusion and lack of insight. Narcissa would base her thoughts and efforts forward with the visions she saw nightly, or intentionally, in the very forefront of her mind, and consider how each action she takes may affect those much farther down the road than the immediate.

Spoiler: show

LYRICS:
I should've seen it sooner,
but what can 'should've's do for me?
You know, I heard a rumour
that I couldn't quite believe.

Eyes might tell the truth
but words have power to deceive.
If it suits their speaker,
there's no story they can't weave.

And so, in you I put my faith.
I threw my trust behind a friendly face.
Couldn't name one safer place,
yet here I am. I watched it go to waste.

I could ask 'how could you?'
but I know the answer's just 'because you can'.
Funny how the worst part is
I finally understand.

But I've faced down far worse than you
and you can't keep me from the truth.
I could go through all of this again.
I feel the past like it's brand new.
The phantoms hover just in view.
You are not enough to hold me down.
You won't wring any tears from me,
nor quiet admissions of defeat.
As far as I'm concerned,
we're not anywhere near the end.
Where there's a heartbeat, there's still hope
so I won't give up on my ghosts.
I'll carry them until my final breath.

Tell me, is it true
or is it my imagination?
There's no exit built into
this maze of your creation.
You talk like it's against the rules
to turn this game against you.
You've got it wrong. I'll tear your walls down
if that's what it comes to.

I won't break in front of you.
I'll hold on 'til I've gone the whole way through
and if I end up on the floor
it's fine, 'cause you won't see me any more.
And though you put me through hell,
I know I chose my battles well.
I'm in control. I'm taking over.
This story's mine to tell.

And I've faced down far worse than you
As far as I'm concerned,

Once upon a time, I wanted
you to tell me why it wasn't
good enough for you to have
the whole world at your feet.
But now I've had some time and distance,
I know better than the listen
to a single syllable
you'd want to say to me.

Every word you spoke was poison.
Your heartfelt speeches, hollow noises.
And I'm kicking myself 'cause I just couldn't see
how you could go this far.
I don't stand here 'cause I want to.
I never wanted to fight you.
But what I want's irrelevant now.
Look at where we are.

And I've faced down far worse than you
As far as I'm concerned,
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #116 on: August 01, 2023, 06:50:05 PM »
After ensuring that Garald was alright and resting, Narcissa headed back to her mothers house. She crossed the archway and stepped into her family home, only to be greeted by a frowning Cosmina. Narcissa shrank beneath that glare, she had seen that look many times and braced herself to be shouted at by her angry mother. Instead though, her mother pulled her into a tight embrace. "Thank you, my dearest daughter. I saw you, your Invidian and Father outside. Why didn't you come inside?"

"I didn't know if you'd let us in..."

"I can't believe your father is alive. So I am to assume that the reason that half dead man carried you to our door is a bride quest?" Narcissa nodded, "Well, tell me what that fool put him through."

"Garald insisted on tracking him down... He insisted on seeking his permission and approval. Papa, well, Papa is a jack ass. He made Garald strip, gave 31 whacks with a stick out of 50, made him stand vigil, naked and injured all night, and then carry me home." Narcissa explained, Cosmina chuckled in response.

"Naked in the winter, lashed and burdened. Honestly, he's calmed down over the years. He used to insist on sending any suitor right to the Counts door."

"I know, you told Benedikte that, but he did go easy on him when I told him he'd kill him. Garald made it though, and Papa gave him approval, oh by the way, he's going by a different name. I was terrified he'd end up exposing me Mama." Narcissa spoke with a shaky voice, and tears welling up in her eyes.

"Oh sweetie, my dear daughter, Fredek may be an asshole, but he would never put you in harms way. Nor say or do anything that could pose a risk for you." Her mother said, wiping the tears from her daughters cheeks as she pulled her into another embrace. "Don't you worry about your papa, alright? He's resourceful, smart and clever."

"I really was scared he was going to die too. I don't want to loose my papa again."

Cosmina smiled sadly and held her daughter in her arms as she cried. She understood why her daughter was upset, in truth, Cosmina was afraid too. Afraid for herself, and afraid for her daughter. The Black Army was back, their names posted on bounty boards around the town of Vallaki. Neither woman had any idea what Fredek had been up to for the last twenty something years, but the fact of his return, along with the rebels was something she could not deny. It looked bad, and could be very bad, but that was something Cosmina would worry about later, for right now her daughter needed her, and she would seek to meet her daughters fiance, and ensure the man would be suitable. Even if she did not approve, Fredek had already given the approval, and so, she would as well.

Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #117 on: August 14, 2023, 11:58:20 AM »

They took the life of an innocent child. People were gathered there and given the choice. Speak or the children die. I begged people to speak, I can understand how they were afraid, but these were children on the line. I understand the army and rebels being upset that they took children, but they must realize how their actions hurt the rest of the Gundarakites. I know they want land and rights, but... There is nothing that can bring back the people lost on either side, but going forward with violence wont fix it either.

People often don't understand Hala; we walk the path of least suffering, seeking to take actions that alleviate suffering and allow people to achieve greatness. Greatness comes in many forms, and each of those forms are valid. While the gods agreed to let this place be, Hala saw that we lacked the proper tools and broke the pact with the others in order to make sure that going forward we would.

The gods wanted to make this a world where our actions were our own, void of any godly intervention. To see where it would go, and see what sort of great things people could come up with and achieve, but the suffering that we endured was too much for that goal to come to fruition. She saw the lack of of guidance and compassion. She saw how there were those who wanted to stop the suffering of others but they lacked the skills, knowledge and tools to do so. She taught us what she believed we needed to know so we could help others achieve their greatness.

Hala seeks to ease the suffering, but not to eliminate it, because there are times where it is required for us to achieve our personal greatness, and to grow. Nothing good is easy, and people often try to put the blame on others when they are hurt. Many people stayed silent when the Count's man told them to speak if they knew about the rebels or army locations, they stayed silent, he asked them again, reminding them the children would be punished for the actions of adults. I remember shouting and begging them to speak up, telling them the children don't need to die because adults are afraid of consequences. It took the life of one innocent for people who knew anything to speak up.

It was a horrible situation brought on by horrible circumstances, and they now seek to shift blame elsewhere because it is easier to do so than to face the fact. Which is that quite simply put, the rebels and army threats became so much that the garda needed aid. Who comes when the garda need aid? The Count sends someone. He sent his executioner first who murdered a Gundarakite woman, this did little to remind them of the consequences of their actions, so he sent another. One who lacks compassion and a heart. He was sent to help deal with this mess, he could of done different, he could of taken young people instead of children, or the elderly, but the heartless man felt this was the best way. It is not the gardas fault, they must obey the orders given. The fault lies with those at the top. With the Count and the rebel leader and the army's leader.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #118 on: August 25, 2023, 11:52:07 AM »
[This note is tucked away in a journal, hidden admist the pages]

To whom cares

I have tried for over a year now to repair the damage done by the Halan Marissa who was against my choice of using silphium to end a pregnancy of the Corporal Benediktes child when he left me. I have been accused of many things by her and her word, the word of a criminal has always been believed over mine, a Barovian. A known Witch who speaks to Benedikte so much and so closely that she is believed entirely by him.

I tried to fix my reputation by actions, by deeds, but no matter what I have done it has been eclipsed by Marissa Fallieres and her friends, who from the shadows have destroyed me. She says it was Margit, who has sworn on her Goddess that she did not, yet when offered the same to Marissa, she did not show. She has never desired to speak with me to fix this mess, nor to repair damages her falsehoods and lies did.

Yes, there was an imp named Eros that plagued me for years. He tried to get me to do things but I refused and when I learned that it was an imp, the Night Mother killed it for me. I had been free from that fiend for several months before Marissa felt it important that the garda, wayfarers and Knights all knew that I had an imp. I've even been accused of working with the Black Duke, and I don't even know why.

So as I write this note, it is with heavy heart, because I have reached a breaking point. I had an outburst at the garda when they chose to banish me for 6 months for not telling them that my mothers sickness turned out to be from a poison, and that I was a suspected witch and demon consorter, despite the fact that I was baptized Ezrite earlier before the Banishment. And that the imp that plagued me was long dead.

With this letter that I pen, and will see distributed when I am ready, I confess to all the truth.

I am innocent. In the past I was plagued by a creature I did not know was a fiend, and when I learned about it back in last summer, the Night Mother, Sister Eve killed it for me. I am to this day unsure how Marissa learned it because she was not present, and no one present told her. However it does not matter, because her word means more than mine ever did. To Barovians, and outlanders alike.

I have tried for long and I am tired. Tired of trying, tired of hoping and tired of dealing with lies. I only wanted to repair the damages done to my reputation so that I can help my town, and people of my land. I want to help them, I want to become a full sister of Hala, and I want to alleviate suffering as best as I can. But with this weight that I bare, it is hard to do so. The locals all look at me as if I were three headed, the garda have been told not to be seen with me, and even outlanders have treated me the same they treat followers of demons.

I follow Hala. Not some twisted demon. I believe that Ezra and Hala are the same person.

If I was the villain they made me out to be I would of stopped them long ago. Instead of that, I have tried to make amends, to repair damages and rebuild bridges. All to no avail, all because a woman lied and is unwilling to correct it. I am tired of her game. And I grow tired of living it.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 03:21:36 PM by ladylena »
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #119 on: August 26, 2023, 03:42:32 PM »

I've had a nightmare about that poor child most nights I've slept. I have always tried to understand why people take the actions or inactions that they do, however... I can't wrap my head around why those outlanders would be silent for so long. Why they would risk an innocent childs life. It was disgusting, and horrifying. The children who were there did not deserve to go through that, and the sad part is, I am willing to bet many of the outlanders from beyond the mists have moved on as if that were nothing real that happened. They allowed the child to die, and the garda obeyed their orders.

This night I dreamed that I was one of the children in that line.
I stared up at all the tall people around me, the ones who we were taught were supposed to protect us and keep us safe. I listened to the big man on the horse explain to the outlanders that we would all die unless they spoke up with what they knew about the rebel forces. We had been told to stay still in our place in line along the road but I wanted to run away, but I was frozen still. This man was one of the counts family, and they weren't obeying him, they were silent. Then those dreadful words came from the man on the horse "Execute him." I watched in absolute horror, frozen to the ground in cold dread, as the sword was brought down on the little boys neck. By the time the outlanders spoke up, the blood had reached the feet of the last child.
    At the end of the scene when the outlanders who saved us spoke up, the dream shifted. Everything around me swam and swirled and suddenly I stared at a woven tapestry of the event. The gentle woman placed her hands on my shoulders, as we both cried.
'The children suffered needlessly my child, you did your best. One child was lost but the others survive and suffer fear they will die next. Even if there lacks a building, gather those who will prevent further suffering from happening. Together the knowledge will be gained.'

When I woke up from that dream about ten minutes ago, I decided to write it down this time, and I will from here on in.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #120 on: September 03, 2023, 01:58:04 PM »

I am done playing nice with her. I am done trying to make amends. Marissa's intention is clear to me now and actions must be taken before her deeds cause further suffering.

While I would of rathered sort this out with words, her refusal to speak with me, her continued lying to the garda, and her actions of turning Gundarakites over to the garda has spoken loudly. While she may be knowledgeable, and while she may be a sister, her actions inflict suffering which is antithetical to the path of least suffering. Had she acted once or twice, it would be within it, but her actions have gone beyond causing a little suffering for good intent. Her actions speak of hostility, open hatred, and a desire to destroy another persons life. None of those things will serve to allow anyone to achieve any form of greatness except great suffering, which is the only form of greatness Hala does not seek to allow.

I will no longer stand to the side and allow her to continue her actions. The path of least suffering is one of duality.

On one hand we prevent suffering and take actions to alleviate it from others. On that hand, we heal and aid and do not intervene.

On the other hand, to prevent suffering we must at times intervene. When we must intervene, the actions that must be taken are harsh and swift. For we look to natures harshness and brutal weather for influence on how to put an end to suffering once and for all.

This is not the path most seek to take first, but it remains the options when all else fails, and regarding the slander caused by Marissa...

All else has failed.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #121 on: September 16, 2023, 05:41:56 PM »
At last the fever dreams stopped, along with the horrible fever that Narcissa had endured. Although still gravely ill and huddled up in blankets, Narcissa finally woke up. Her body was shivering under the heavy wool blanket, despite the fever she ran. With a foggy mind, she looked around the room, trying to determin reality from the dreams. Her emerald eyes traced the book shelf in the corner, and the open closet opposite it full of dresses she had worn over the years. She was familiar with this, and nothing seemed out of sorts or strange, she was safe at home and in her room. With shaking legs she stood up and walked towards the door, curious about the voices she could hear.

"Good evening Miss Bogdan-"
"Oh come now Garald, call me Cosmina, you are my future son in law."
"Alright, how is Narcissa? Has the fever broken yet?"
"Not yet, she's still asleep, but her head did feel a little cooler this afternoon."
"I'm relieved to hear it! I've been quite worried about her..." Garald said awkwardly.
"As have I, Garald. Between the doctor and my own medical knowledge and healing abilities, she will be alright."

With a weak smile, Narcissa descended the stairs and stumbled down the last few steps. Her mother and fiance caught her and scolded her for not staying in bed. With a sigh, she let them take her back to the bedroom.

"I'm so glad your fever broke. We were quite worried."
"Worried? Why? Was I unconcious?" Narcissa asked, coughing afterwards.
"Yes, you were unconcious with a high fever for days."
Narcissa frowned, "I am sorry I caused such worry..."

With a shake of the head, she was tucked back into the bed and told to rest up. Although her fever broke, she still was unwell and it would be a few more days at least before she was able to be fully recovered.

As she lay in the candle lit room, alone once more, she began to ponder over the fever dreams. They were different from the vision dreams, and different from normal dreams. They felt as though they held some secret, something trying to use the sickness she suffered to reach into her dreams. If Hala could reach her through her vision dreams, did a fever allow her mind to be weakened enough for a hag or fiend to slip in?

Worried, she reached for the hanging dream catcher, sighing as a feather fell from it at her touch. It would still last, but soon she would require a new one. The catcher had helped lessen the nightmares she had about witnessing the childs demise, but it did nothing for the vision dreams, and her understanding of the item was that it would only allow good dreams in and protect her from nightmares and unsavoury beings. Narcissa reached for the glass of water and took a sip, her mouth dry. She could worry about such things later when her mind was more clear.

Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2023, 04:43:53 PM »

To think this illness had me sleep through such a horrible thing. I'm glad Garald didn't go, but I worry about the garda now. They will no doubt be suffering horribly for the loss of their fellow garda, not to mention all the families who will have to mourn their now dead children or parents. I wish I could alleviate their pains, perhaps I will offer a free clinic soon, I may be able to get some medicinal herbs to help them sleep or deal with the melancholy of loss.

I am sure the hospice will be busy with an influx of patients who near the end from a broken heart. Or an imbalance of humours that is so out of order it has become lethal. Erika is missing I'm sure her brother must be fearful for her well being, they did seem quite close. I need to branch out into other sorts of brews to help the garda. I know neither side is in the right here as both sides cause suffering, but outlanders neglect to understand that every action has a consequence and sometimes, many times, those are bitter or harsh consequences.

Perhaps it is different in other domains, but Barovia and Vallaki are my home.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #123 on: September 25, 2023, 05:32:32 PM »

I was with the sisters and a couple of brothers hunting hags today.
I managed to counterspell most if not all of the swamp hags magic.
I'm rather proud of that.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #124 on: September 28, 2023, 04:42:41 PM »
From the darkness of the tapestry rose a figure of pure white. She wove stars and light into the tapestry, illuminating a world of suffering. Agony ruled and people lacked compassion or care. The tapestry grew, and with it grew the lineage of suffering, so ingrained in existance that the white figure wept and wailed for the people she watched over in silence. She felt their suffering, their misery and loss of hope, the despair. She felt it all like a heavy burden upon her, and alone she entered to teach and ease the pains of mortals in this godless world they had created.

Power passed on from generation to generation from thirteen souls whom the Goddess found and chose, power of insight of magic, of understanding and compassion. Power that connected everyone and everything. Power was not alone in this gift, for it also included wisdom and knowledge. Healing and protection, divine blessings of an ancient power coursed through the line of her family. She watched the descedants and their duties, their attempts to ease the suffering and their own inner disputes.

When all are seen as one, true strength is manifest.

The woman spoke those words gentle as a whisper upon the wind, the dream as fleeting as a flicker of a flame in a windy night.

Narcissa awoke in a cold sweat, her body covered in goosebumps. Those words remained with her like a lingering melody stuck in her head.

When all are see as one, true strength is manifest
The woman in white spoke these words after showing me how there are two sides, like I think it was Sister Amelia, said about the faith. There are those who protect and those of us who study, there are secrets of our faith that are shared with such people. I understand that now. Ancient knowledge is something that must be protected, guarded and kept secret, it is not for all to know. Nor is it for all Halans to know, those of us who can protect are here to guard those who keep the knowledge safe.

I am sure there are informations and spells that could reshape the very world, we must guard these from hags, and from those who would misuse it. That much I know, even if that information is not for me to know.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan