Author Topic: Item Lost Upon Dye Use  (Read 308 times)

Last Exit to Barovia

• Undead Slayer
  • "unto us a most inspired storm"
Item Lost Upon Dye Use
« on: June 16, 2022, 04:40:42 PM »
Name:
Upon using 'Cloth Dye, Liquified Drow Skin upon a Spike Helmet, item disappears from inventory, giving 'Lost Item: Spike Helmet' message in combat log.

Where:
I had just purchased the dye from Mad Dok Rattok in The Drain and then used it in the same spot on the item.

When:
It occurred in this instance only on the Spiked Helm, acquired originally from the vendor in the new character spawn area. I had previously used dye on it with no issue. In an attempt to recreate the bug I purchased another Cloth Dye, Liquified Drow Skin as well as a Shadowed Hood (from Crawler, item vendor) and used it on the item in the same spot. The cloth dye did not trigger anything [though I do note that this item does say that it cannot be modified - this character does not have access to any other head slot item at the moment to test on]. It does still trigger, however, the 'Lost Item' and 'Acquired Item' prompts.

What:
The bug appears to remove an item from the players inventory (as the dying process does) but doesn't replace it with the dyed version. In this case, it also did not prompt the message to select the part to be dyed, it merely caused the item to be lost.

Spoiler: small-lost spiked helm • show

Spoiler: full size-lost spiked helm • show

Recreate:
Using a Spiked Helm (to recreate exactly, the item had been remodeled to look like the helmet that is a hood/headwrap that covers all but the eyes - item had already been dyed once using cloth dye to a different color), and use the Cloth Dye, Liquified Drow Skin on it.
Spoiler: attempt to recreate • show

Ideas:
Could have been a one time fluke or might be something else, causing items to become lost. I am aware that similar issues have occurred in the past, though I haven't seen any occur in some time.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 04:47:08 PM by Last Exit to Barovia »
Gianna Valentina, Curate of the Refuge of the Fifth Light