You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: New Base Class - Warlock  (Read 6446 times)

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
New Base Class - Warlock
« on: June 06, 2022, 10:40:39 PM »
In preparation for the next hak update, which will include new clothing options, heads, item appearances, placeables, and various fixes, here's information on another new base class, the Warlock (taken from Complete Arcane).

Please note that not all icons are finished yet so no need to report missing icons at this point. We will need your help testing it thoroughly as we've introduced many new mechanics with this class. We also appreciate any feedback (bugs, odd VFX, mismatched things, overtly problematic features, etc.)

Some elements are still subject to change so this shouldn't be considered a final version but it should give you an idea of what it will be like on POTM:

Born of a supernatural bloodline, a warlock seeks to master the perilous magic that suffuses their soul. Many warlocks are champions for the forces of evil or chaos, sometimes both. Long ago, their ancestors forged grim pacts with dangerous extraplanar powers, trading away portions of their souls in exchange for supernatural power. While some warlocks have turned away from evil others still actively oppose it, they are still chained by the old pacts through which they derive their powers. The demand to further the designs of their dark patrons, or to resist them, drives most warlocks to seek the opportunities for power, wealth, and great deeds, for good or ill.

Unlike sorcerers, wizards, or other arcanists, who approach magic through the medium of spells, a warlock invokes powerful magic through willpower alone. By harnessing his innate magical gift through that and determination, a warlock can perform all manner of supernatural feats known as invocations, or otherwise scour their foes with eldritch power and raw magical energy. As their power grows, they are able to call upon the unnatural resilience of their patrons and resist the elements as they would.

WARNING: To cast an invocation, a warlock must have a Charisma score of 10 + the incantation's grade. For example, to cast a greater invocation, a warlock must have a Charisma of 14.

- Base Attack Bonus: +3 / 4 Levels.
- Hit Die: d6.
- Primary Saving Throws: Will.
- Proficiencies: All simple weapons and light armor. Warlocks are not proficient with shields.
- Skill Points (*4 at 1st level): 2 + Int Modifier.
- Spellcasting: Invocations (Charisma-based, no spell preparation, spell failure from medium and heavy armor, and shields is a factor)
- Ex-Warlocks: A warlock that is no longer either chaotic or evil loses all warlock spells and abilities and cannot gain levels until their alignment is either chaotic or evil again.

Class Skills: Antagonize, Concentration, Disguise, Heal, Influence, Lore, Parry, Spellcraft, and Use Magic Device.
Unavailable Skills: Animal Empathy.

ABILITIES:

Level
1: Eldritch Blast - At will, use eldritch power to deal magical damage.
3: Damage Reduction I - Gain 1/+1 damage reduction.
7: Damage Reduction II - Gain 2/+1 damage reduction.
8: Fiendish Resilience I (1x/day) - Fast healing 1.
10: Energy Resistance I - Gain 5 damage resistance vs 2 types of energy.
11: Damage Reduction III - Gain 3/+2 damage reduction.
13: Fiendish Resilience II (1x/day) - Fast healing 2.
15: Damage Reduction IV - Gain 4/+2 damage reduction.
18: Fiendish Resilience III (1x/day) - Fast healing 5.
19: Damage Reduction V - Gain 5/+3 damage reduction.
20: Energy Resistance II - Gain 10 damage resistance vs 2 types of energy.

INVOCATIONS:
Warlocks do not prepare or cast spells as other wielders of arcane magic do. Instead, they possess a repertoire of attacks, defenses, and abilities known as invocations that require them to focus the wild energy that suffuses their soul. A warlock can use any invocation he knows at will, with the following qualifications:

A warlock's invocations are spell-like abilities; using an invocation therefore provokes attacks of opportunity. An invocation can be disrupted, just as a spell can be ruined during casting. A warlock is entitled to a Concentration check to successfully use an invocation if he is hit by an attack while invoking, just as a spellcaster would be. A warlock's invocations are subject to spell resistance unless an invocation's description specifically states otherwise. A warlock's caster level with his invocations is equal to his warlock level.

The save DC for an invocation (if it allows a save) is 10 + equivalent spell level + the warlock's Charisma modifier. Since spell-like abilities are not actually spells, a warlock cannot benefit from the Spell Focus feat.

The four grades of invocations, in order of their relative power, are least, lesser, greater, and dark. A warlock begins with knowledge of one invocation, which must be of the lowest grade (least). As a warlock gains levels, he learns new invocations.

At any level when a warlock learns a new invocation, he can also replace an invocation he already knows with another invocation of the same grade.

Finally, unlike other spell-like abilities, invocations are subject to arcane spell failure chance from medium and heavy armor, and shields.

Associated Feats

Eldritch Blast
Spoiler: show
Type of Feat: Class
Prerequisite: Warlock level 1.
Specifics: The first ability a warlock learns is eldritch blast. A warlock attacks his foes with eldritch power, using baleful magical energy to deal damage and sometimes impart other debilitating effects.

An eldritch blast is a ray with a range of 60 feet. It is a ranged touch attack that affects a single target, allowing no saving throw. An eldritch blast deals 1d6 points of damage at level 1, 2d6 at level 3, 3d6 at level 5, 4d6 at level 7, 5d6 at level 9, 6d6 at level 11, 7d6 at level 14, 8d6 at level 17, and 9d6 at level 20. An eldritch blast is the equivalent of a 1st-level spell. If the character applies an invocation to his eldritch blast, his eldritch blast uses the level equivalent of the shape or essence.

An eldritch blast is subject to spell resistance, although the Spell Penetration feat and other effects that improve caster level checks to overcome spell resistance also apply to eldritch blast. An eldritch blast deals half damage to objects. Metamagic feats cannot improve a warlock's eldritch blast.

A warlock can use eldritch blast at will.
Use: Selected in the spells list.

Fiendish Resilience I (upgrades according to the table above)
Prerequisite: Warlock level 8.
Specifics: A warlock knows the trick of fiendish resilience. Once per day, as a free action, he can enter a state that lasts for 2 turns. While in this state, the warlock gains fast healing 1.
Use: Automatic.

Energy Resistance
Prerequisite: Warlock level 10.
Specifics: The character gains resistance 5 to two elemental damage sources of his choice. (The first 5 points of damage of this type of energy are ignored.) This resistance increases to 10 at level 20.

Damage Reduction I (increases according to the table above)
Prerequisite: Warlock level 3.
Specifics: Fortified by the supernatural power flowing in his body, a warlock is resistant to physical attacks, gaining damage reduction 1/+1.

Invocation Focus
Type of Feat: General
Prerequisite: Ability to cast 1st-level invocations.
Required for: Greater Invocation Focus.
Specifics: The warlock with this feat is adept at using invocations. He gains a +2 bonus to the save DC for all invocations he uses, including Eldritch Blast.

Greater Invocation Focus
Type of Feat: General
Prerequisite: Invocation Focus.
Specifics: The warlock becomes even more adept with invocations. He gains a +4 bonus to the save DC for all invocations he uses, including Eldritch Blast.

Invocations:
All-Seeing Eyes
Aura of Flame
Beguiling Influence
Beshadowed Blast
Bewitching Blast
Binding Blast
Brimstone Blast
Call of the Beast
Caustic Mire
Charm
Chilling Tentacles
Cocoon of Refuse
Cold Comfort
Curse of Despair
Dark One's Own Luck
Darkness
Deafening Roar
Devil's Sight
Devour Magic
Draconic Knowledge
Draconic Toughness
Dread Seizure
Eldritch Chain
Eldritch Cone
Eldritch Doom
Eldritch Line
Endure Exposure
Energy Immunity
Energy Resistance
Enervating Shadow
Entropic Warding
Frightful Blast
Hammer Blast
Hellrime Blast
Hellspawned Grace
Hindering Blast
Ignore the Pyre
Instill Vulnerability
Invocation Grade: Lesser
Leaps and Bounds
Magic Insight
Miasmic Cloud
Noxious Blast
Otherworldly Whispers
Painful Slumber of Ages
Penetrating Blast
Relentless Dispelling
Repelling Blast
Retributive Invisibility
Scalding Gust
See the Unseen
Sickening Blast
Spider-Shape
Swimming the Styx
Terrifying Roar
The Dead Walk
Thieves' Bane
Utterdark Blast
Vitriolic Blast
Voice of Madness
Voidsense
Voracious Dispelling
Walk Unseen
Wall of Perilous Flame
Witchwood Step
Word of Changing
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 11:14:25 PM by EO »

zDark Shadowz

Re: New Base Class - Warlock
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2022, 11:11:51 PM »
Will the prestige classes that would usually advance spellcasting level, add to the level of Eldritch Blast and existing invocations currently known?

Multiclassing with prestige classes with Warlock is a bit unique.

Swan

• Undead Slayer
  • 𝑱𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓.
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2022, 12:12:10 AM »
Will the prestige classes that would usually advance spellcasting level, add to the level of Eldritch Blast and existing invocations currently known?

Probably not, since EB is a spell-like ability, and not an actual spell.

Dardonas

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2022, 12:43:49 AM »
Assuming this is where I should be posting test server bugs:

The Thieve's Bane invocation when EMPOWERED makes doors that are plot locked.  They cannot be bashed or picked, there is no DC.  It also does not remove the lock from the previous door. 

Mordekainen's Disjunction cannot target a Thieve's Bane door.

Some dispels such as Voracious Dispelling are not correctly dispelling the Thieves' Bane "lock."

A normally cast Thieves' Bane does not correctly put the right DCs for unlocking or bashing the containers.  The strength check for a level 20 warlock with 22 Charisma is a DC 38 Strength.  A open lock DC is DC 36.  Accord to the spell description this should be 40 Open Lock at level 20, and 30 Strength for bashing.

Counterspell mode did not seem to work on all spells, only "spells" the warlock knows, even when having a dispel invocation.

Metamagics can currently be used on Eldritch Blast, such as Empower Spell.

Ennervating Shadows currently spams the caster's combat log with the DC message.

Ennervating Shadows DC seems to be misleading, where it says in the combat log it is DC 1, but people clearly fail it so it is higher.

Eldritch Chain is not hitting more than 2 targets at higher levels.

Eldritch Doom is only hitting one target, appearing to be the closest target to the caster.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 04:13:52 AM by Dardonas »

Revenant

• Noot Noot
  • Dark Lord
  • Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2022, 02:40:46 AM »

The source material specified the way that Warlock qualifies for and is enhanced by prestige classes. Basically, Warlock wouldn't qualify for any of the spellcasting PrCs, if I recall correctly.
Vicerimus Mortem.

inkcorvid

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2022, 08:41:22 AM »
Enervating Shadows seems to force the caster to make fortitude saves.

Misamic cloud bestows concealment that is permanent.

Active: Nissa Arden, Chiara Grassini
Shelved: Dindalmogra Ggol, Serinda Takmarin, Lyra Rimewood, Sofie Reiss, Aidelina Gatteux, Odette Sautereau, Livny Skovgaard, Innogen Ashe
Closed: Anjeza Bajramovic, Nim Farboffle

Vissy

• Dark Lord
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2022, 08:56:34 AM »
Enervating Shadows and Miasmic Cloud seem to apply a bit randomly; they did not have any effect on Invidian foes (both invocation focuses, +5 Charisma bonus). Eldritch Doom also didn't hit all enemies in range consistently.

Having played the class a bit on the test server, I do worry a bit about higher-level warlocks (level 14+). They might get left behind by other classes especially in higher level content, since warlocks do low damage and they can't really contribute in any way in the higher level dungeons on the server, from what I've seen. Mobs will either have high enough saves to completely ignore them, or the eldritch blasts just do kind of negligible damage (or high touch AC mobs dodge them entirely). At best, it seems like the warlock just does one thing in high level content, and that's hit the Eldritch Blast button (and try to survive and keep up with the group that does the actual work).
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 09:15:29 AM by Vissy »
Active Character: Heir Andarateia, Lia Lanthaloran
Other Character(s): Gilraine Alean'ani
Shelved Character(s): Vinyafael Yavanna, Callistrae Dawnshadow, Vika van Voytz
Closured Character(s): Rakel Leviken, Celeste Seifert

Nezmith

• Outlander
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2022, 09:25:45 AM »
At best, it seems like the warlock just does one thing in high level content, and that's hit the Eldritch Blast button (and try to survive and keep up with the group that does the actual work).

Welcome to warlock  :lol:

I can't play on the test server whatsoever, but I was under the impression some of the eldritch blast essences allowed you to completely bypass spell resistance. Is that not the case?

Edward

• Lord of the Dead
  • Dark Lord
  • The Bereaved & Defunct.
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2022, 09:52:22 AM »
Wall of perilous flames is really strong, if you extend them and cast 10 of them and something walks into it, it's almost immediately dead because of the half magic damage it does; if it's not got high SR and or 4th circle spell immunity.

Terant92

• New to the Mists
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2022, 03:55:21 PM »
Eldritch Chain is not working properly. The spell is supposed to "jump" between enemies up to 4 enemies at LVL 20 but is jumping only two times even if there are four more enemies inside the 30ft radius.

Something that also seemed odd about Eldritch Chain is it was prioritizing structures and placeables above actual enemies. The rolls seen below were taken with over 6 enemies in range. This also happens with enemies corpses.

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2022, 03:57:04 PM »
- Confirm, Eldritch Blast affects the nearest creature only.
- Miasmic Cloud does not seem to be applying a movement penalty as intended.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2022, 10:01:12 PM »
The Thieve's Bane invocation when EMPOWERED makes doors that are plot locked.  They cannot be bashed or picked, there is no DC.  It also does not remove the lock from the previous door.

Mordekainen's Disjunction cannot target a Thieve's Bane door.

Some dispels such as Voracious Dispelling are not correctly dispelling the Thieves' Bane "lock."

A normally cast Thieves' Bane does not correctly put the right DCs for unlocking or bashing the containers.  The strength check for a level 20 warlock with 22 Charisma is a DC 38 Strength.  A open lock DC is DC 36.  Accord to the spell description this should be 40 Open Lock at level 20, and 30 Strength for bashing.

I've found the cause and will fix these. The Mord's will require a new version of the test hak, others have already been updated on the test server, if you can test.

Counterspell mode did not seem to work on all spells, only "spells" the warlock knows, even when having a dispel invocation.

Unfortunately Dispel spells acting as universal counters is hardcoded.

Metamagics can currently be used on Eldritch Blast, such as Empower Spell.

An oversight; not sure yet if I'll fix this to be closer to PnP or keep it to make Eldritch Blast more powerful.

Ennervating Shadows currently spams the caster's combat log with the DC message.

Ennervating Shadows DC seems to be misleading, where it says in the combat log it is DC 1, but people clearly fail it so it is higher.

I've fixed both on the test server. Should now work properly.

Eldritch Chain is not working properly. The spell is supposed to "jump" between enemies up to 4 enemies at LVL 20 but is jumping only two times even if there are four more enemies inside the 30ft radius.

Something that also seemed odd about Eldritch Chain is it was prioritizing structures and placeables above actual enemies. The rolls seen below were taken with over 6 enemies in range. This also happens with enemies corpses.

Eldritch Chain affects placeables/doors, which may explain why you guys see it affecting less creatures. I'll change it to only affect creatures though to make it more straightforward.

Eldritch Doom is only hitting one target, appearing to be the closest target to the caster.

I think I've found the cause and fixed it on the test server, but best test again.

Enervating Shadows seems to force the caster to make fortitude saves.

Misamic cloud bestows concealment that is permanent.

These should now be fixed on the test server. I'll also remove the extra round duration on Miasmic Cloud effects since it's pretty buggy.

Enervating Shadows and Miasmic Cloud seem to apply a bit randomly; they did not have any effect on Invidian foes (both invocation focuses, +5 Charisma bonus). Eldritch Doom also didn't hit all enemies in range consistently.

I couldn't recreate those specifically but hopefully the aforementioned fixes will help.

- Miasmic Cloud does not seem to be applying a movement penalty as intended.

I think I've fixed this on the test server.

Keep the reports coming!

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2022, 10:14:34 PM »
The invocation Call of the Beast gives you animal Empathy points. However, AE, is a trained Skill that only Druids and Rangers get. Meaning that the boost doesn't work. Telling me I must have skill Ranks to use this ability.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2022, 10:21:02 PM »
The invocation Call of the Beast gives you animal Empathy points. However, AE, is a trained Skill that only Druids and Rangers get. Meaning that the boost doesn't work. Telling me I must have skill Ranks to use this ability.

I'll fix this.

Dardonas

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2022, 10:47:40 PM »
An oversight; not sure yet if I'll fix this to be closer to PnP or keep it to make Eldritch Blast more powerful.

I think I'd recommend keeping it metamagickable.  Right now, it feels like Warlocks need a bit more "oomph" to their damage for later game content.  Sure, you can cheese certain things by layering your spells but that requires tons of buildup.  With empowered, their damage is comparable to a basic orb spell cast by a wizard or sorcerer.

I tested on trying to solo content on the test server, like Cursts, and its certainly possible, but it is a slog.  A wizard, sorcerer, or a mechanically apt warmage are able to solo things already in half the time.  Though, if you don't want to take soloing as a measurement of class strength (understandably), I've been considering how they would fit into a dungeon.  For most lower tier dungeons, they're going to be auxillary damage.  They are there, but they aren't really doing much to help.  Until they get Ennerving Shadows, they might even cause some issues with how the AI likes to run at people who are casting spells.  For mid-tier content, they are going to be good at hitting things with Eldritch Chain and softening enemies up.  Higher content, however, is where they are going to struggle.  A lot of enemies will just dodge their touch attacks.  Their DCs will be pretty solid for Charisma-focused Warlocks and spells like Eldritch Doom will have mild use against foes like Salt Shadows and Ebon Knight Harbingers, but it will likely be doing 15-52 damage on a save or fail.   Against enemies like the Sleeping King and Malthor, however, I feel they are going to be totally useless because their saves and AC are tough to overcome.

One thing that got brought up back during the Warmage release was the idea of adding a Weapon Focus: Touch Attacks, and possible Improved Critical: Touch Attacks.  I feel like if any class really, really needs something like that, it's going to be Warlock.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 05:01:04 AM by Dardonas »

Dardonas

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2022, 11:37:15 PM »

Eldritch Chain affects placeables/doors, which may explain why you guys see it affecting less creatures. I'll change it to only affect creatures though to make it more straightforward.

This still doesn't seem to be reliably jumping in clusters of enemies to other nearby foes, even ones that are surrounding you.  It sometimes arcs to three, but rarely does it go to four.  It may have to do with enemies that die during the chain, as I was testing on some Gremishka and Kreshnar in Hazlan.  It also jumped to a herb node a couple of times still when one was nearby.

I think I've found the cause and fixed it on the test server, but best test again.

This does not seem to be fixed.  Even with four enemies attacking me in melee, it only hit one enemy EXCEPT for once, when it hit two enemies.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 12:05:24 AM by Dardonas »

Revenant

• Noot Noot
  • Dark Lord
  • Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2022, 12:40:43 AM »
Layering damage spells shouldn't even be possible. In PnP you can't drop two Walls of Fire on the same space; you could do rows of them, but a creature would never take damage from ten walls when passing through one space.
Vicerimus Mortem.

Favee

• Undead Master
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2022, 01:15:39 AM »
Layering damage spells shouldn't even be possible. In PnP you can't drop two Walls of Fire on the same space; you could do rows of them, but a creature would never take damage from ten walls when passing through one space.

I'd love if this worked properly for NWN.  Stacking acid fogs, evards and AoE spells in general makes for increasingly boring gameplay.
Discord: Favee#4934

Vissy

• Dark Lord
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2022, 03:05:41 AM »

I think I'd recommend keeping it metamagickable.  Right now, it feels like Warlocks need a bit more "oomph" to there damage for later game content.  Sure, you can cheese certain things by layering your spells but that requires tons of buildup.  With empowered, their damage is comparable to a basic orb spell cast by a wizard or sorcerer.

I tested on trying to solo content on the test server, like Cursts, and its certainly possible, but it is a slog.  A wizard, sorcerer, or a mechanically apt warmage are able to solo things already in half the time.  Though, if you don't want to take soloing as a measurement of class strength (understandably), I've been considering how they would fit into a dungeon.  For most lower tier dungeons, they're going to be auxillary damage.  They are there, but they aren't really doing much to help.  Until they get Ennerving Shadows, they might even cause some issues with how the AI likes to run at people who are casting spells.  For mid-tier content, they are going to be good at hitting things with Eldritch Chain and softening enemies up.  Higher content, however, is where they are going to struggle.  A lot of enemies will just dodge their touch attacks.  Their DCs will be pretty solid for Charisma-focused Warlocks and spells like Eldritch Doom will have mild use against foes like Salt Shadows and Ebon Knight Harbingers, but it will likely be doing 15-52 damage on a save or fail.   Against enemies like the Sleeping King and Malthor, however, I feel they are going to be totally useless because their saves and AC are tough to overcome.

One thing that got brought up back during the Warmage release was the idea of adding a Weapon Focus: Touch Attacks, and possible Improved Critical: Touch Attacks.  I feel like if any class really, really needs something like that, it's going to be Warlock.

Agree with this, though even were those feats added it wouldn't really solve the problem of a warlock at higher tier content. Namely: every other class analogue to the Warlock (Bard, Druid, Cleric, etc) can contribute significantly with party wards and personal melee/ranged potential. The Warlock has neither of those. Druids have wild shape and elemental essence, clerics divine power and divine favor, bard has bard song and curse song, the Warlock has Eldritch Blast and a 100% concealment spell that has to be reapplied every 5 rounds (every 10 rounds extended). And thanks to the exhaustion system, Warlocks - due to having to cast all the time in combat - will tire out and get exhausted very, very quickly.
Active Character: Heir Andarateia, Lia Lanthaloran
Other Character(s): Gilraine Alean'ani
Shelved Character(s): Vinyafael Yavanna, Callistrae Dawnshadow, Vika van Voytz
Closured Character(s): Rakel Leviken, Celeste Seifert

blur927

• Outlander
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2022, 10:21:16 AM »
Warlock satisfies the arcane caster requirement for Arcane Archer but it's not listed in the Arcane Archer class description under requirements.

Nezmith

• Outlander
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2022, 12:53:33 PM »
As Warlocks are somewhat similar to Sorcerers in concept, any power discrepancies could be made up with the addition of pacts and their related boons later down the line. They still have a great deal of potential as presented so I think everyone should let the dust settle before they rush to judgement on end-game content. Solo capability has never been the measurement of balance on this server, either.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2022, 01:11:43 PM »
This still doesn't seem to be reliably jumping in clusters of enemies to other nearby foes, even ones that are surrounding you.  It sometimes arcs to three, but rarely does it go to four.  It may have to do with enemies that die during the chain, as I was testing on some Gremishka and Kreshnar in Hazlan.  It also jumped to a herb node a couple of times still when one was nearby.

Can you try again? I had forgotten to change the script itself.

This does not seem to be fixed.  Even with four enemies attacking me in melee, it only hit one enemy EXCEPT for once, when it hit two enemies.

I can't recreate this but I made a few tweaks to the script, maybe check if it's helped.

Dardonas

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2022, 02:34:42 PM »

Can you try again? I had forgotten to change the script itself.

I can't recreate this but I made a few tweaks to the script, maybe check if it's helped.

Both seem fixed now and working.  I'm iffy on Eldritch Chain, but I did see it chain to 3+ targets several times, but also saw a few times where secondary targets that it should have been arced to were not being struck.  Maybe there's something with the angles of how you cast it?  Can't say for sure, I'd need to play around with it some more.  But, it does seem much more reliable now.

Artemis

• New to the Mists
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2022, 11:33:23 PM »
An unusual bug of some sort.

Was using dead walk invocation, and had the devil sight already cast on me. I rested, it unsummoned the skeletal chieftain.

I resummoned one, and my character perceived the skeletal chieftain as being invis. I could not target it with anything, nor see it unless I was close enough for this invis range to become visible.

Upon casting the devil sight again, all was well. When the chieftain was in this invis mode, I could not target it with anything either. I was using the enervating shadow a decent amount as well, so might be tied to that too.

Also, A few times when the enervating shadow was activated, I cast eldritch blast and the attacks of opportunity still hit me from dire spiders. It did not proc the concealment roll in the combat log, but the enervating shadow was activated. It only happened to me with some dire spiders even though I used it on a ton on monsters.

So far, its awesome!
Now Playing:

Vale Corvinas

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2022, 12:51:57 PM »
I resummoned one, and my character perceived the skeletal chieftain as being invis. I could not target it with anything, nor see it unless I was close enough for this invis range to become visible.

That's the Darkvision bug; there's no easy fix for it since it's hardcoded. It affects Ultravision as well.