You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Character Reverted to lvl 1 and complete inventory wipe in Character creationOOC  (Read 469 times)

Frigid

• New to the Mists
Name:
Character wiped/reset as of 6/6/2022.
Character name: Tomak
User ID/Login: Frosty

Where:
I logged in today on another character of mine and it was just fine. Then, I went to log onto Tomak only to find that he is lvl 1 now, in the character creation OOC area, and has a completely wiped inventory. I have also noticed his attributes are not what they were when I made him.

When:
This seemed to happen sometime last night.. probably during the recent server maintenance, as it was fine earlier in the day on 6/5. I just noticed it this afternoon at around 6pm EST 6/6/2022. I did the @debug command after logging in as well..

What:
There was probably some issue/corruption in files that caused Tomak to be wiped/reset. But I have no idea what caused this.
Tomak was lvl 8, nearly mastering/trivial to 9. And there was a lot of stuff in the inventory...
I don't remember exactly where I logged out on him at on 6/5, but I had just been mining a bunch of iron ore in hazlan for a few hours... and stored it all in the keep bank... I don't remember doing anything else after that.

Recreate:
This probably happened during the server update/maintenance on that just recently happened around what..? 2-4am EST on 6/6. However, Tomak is the only character of mine that was affected.

Ideas:
See above ^

« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 10:18:22 PM by Frigid »

Frigid

• New to the Mists
Still requesting help.

Lightweaver

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Power
You likely have a duplicate file of the same name. It may resolve the issue by having a DM rename the character to separate them. This can be done in game providing you've not used the disguise system in the most recent reset.

Frigid

• New to the Mists
Okay, thank you, I will try to see if a DM in-game can help me with this.

Update: It worked! Thank you!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 08:50:51 AM by Frigid »