You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Vallaki Garda AI Hostiling People Strangely  (Read 442 times)

Abear

• Dark Lord
  • You are not a human being.
Vallaki Garda AI Hostiling People Strangely
« on: June 02, 2022, 09:15:58 PM »
A few players attacked me and one other garda in the outskirts today, for some reason, the garda NPCs hostiled not only the assailants, but also.. everyone. Not sure if this was done because someone used the area hostile tool, but I thought to bring it up because of another bug.

The garda NPC inside this location, started attacking a PC marked Faction Friend.

Because he was attacking a Faction Friend, the rest of the Garda NPCs attacked and killed the crazy garda.

I don't know if these two are related, but I thought to post them both together.
Current: Sásha Kostoviç
Occasionally: Blair Florescu

Knight of Rhodes

• The Butcher of Barovia
  • Dark Lord
Re: Vallaki Garda AI Hostiling People Strangely
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2022, 09:24:30 PM »
The intrusion script also fired on me when I walked in, despite faction friend.  It was only the one garda, however- the rest were friendly. 

Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men

Irumi

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2022, 09:30:34 PM »
I also took a screenshot of the place. It happens to meet two times with the same guard.

Knight of Rhodes

• The Butcher of Barovia
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2022, 09:34:54 PM »
I think I see what happened. I think when you meant to tag me as faction friend, you removed it, because Audric's been marked Faction Friend for a long time.  That caused the intrusion script to fire. 

Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men

Irumi

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2022, 09:38:50 PM »
Oh yes indeed I checked wrong, sorry again still a rookie  :mrgreen:

Knight of Rhodes

• The Butcher of Barovia
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2022, 09:41:33 PM »
All a plot to lure Audric to his death, I get it, I get it.    Abear says the AI has been haywire recently as well, so the report is still worth looking into. I've made a general request to correct my OCR. 

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2022, 08:08:00 AM »
That is right, any interior of the citadel that is supposed to be guard restricted except the jail and the very top floor with the audience room will cause character that aren't in the faction or marked as friend of the faction to be attacked on sight by the guard NPC. Mark them as friend, but don't forget to remove it after. In general, I would recommend you avoid using those places for RP with people that aren't guards unless its really necessary.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 08:10:55 AM by Iluvatar / Madness »
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

Knight of Rhodes

• The Butcher of Barovia
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2022, 10:13:34 AM »
Yes, and No.   That is why Faction Friend is supposed to be heavily monitored and restricted, because to be marked as friendly excludes you from the intrusion scripting firing.  It signifies that all other NPC's know you to be a friend.

For various IC reasons, Audric had that bit in the bag, but it's not something that should be spoken of publicly I think. :)

We were brought in for necessary reasons-  though Audric was more the wallflower, as another character had the testimony.

Myrza

• Dark Lord
  • Under the Crimson Sun...
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2022, 12:15:32 PM »
Garda npcs also seem to start killing each other sometimes when I fight breaks out. Maybe it's because some people attack the garda without hostiling first, can that break their AI?