Author Topic: Beamdog Server Outages  (Read 645 times)

blur927

• Outlander
Beamdog Server Outages
« on: May 16, 2022, 12:06:48 PM »
Hey everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the best place for this thread or not but there have been 2 separate instances in the past two weeks (one going on right now) where the beamdog server API has gone down, which makes logging into the server impossible. Trying to direct connect or connect via LAN gives this error:

Is there a way to disable the "password verification" mentioned here, or are there risks to doing so? AFAIK Beamdog has been silent on the cause or resolution of these which is a little worrying, so if it becomes a constant thing I'd like to be able to still play. 

Chadyo

• Dark Lord
  • Don't you deserve better than a part-time deity?
    • My crafting post!
Re: Beamdog Server Outages
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2022, 07:57:16 AM »
Either the devs solved this, or going through the LAN option direct connection goes around these issues. Because yesterday I went to multiplayer > LAN > Direct connect and typed in the serverip:port and managed to connect. All though 30 mins later the issues were also solved.

But I would agree to making this a permanent change if possible. I don't like depending on third parties when I'm hosting things. Then again I am wholly unfamiliar what the security risk is to opening this up.