Author Topic: Topic for minor issues v5  (Read 29750 times)

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Topic for minor issues v5
« Reply #250 on: January 27, 2023, 09:06:38 PM »
Juju Zombie Champions have a high likelihood to leave behind persistent corpses through area resets; this likely contributes to bad server performance impacts, though it might ultimately be negligible.

I'll set their equipment to be undroppable, which should help mitigate that.

Grendlykins, Simp of Azalin Rex

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #251 on: January 27, 2023, 09:29:53 PM »
Juju Zombie Champions have a high likelihood to leave behind persistent corpses through area resets; this likely contributes to bad server performance impacts, though it might ultimately be negligible.

I'm not sure if that's the root cause; you'd know more about how that functions, but compared to the Skeletal Knights etc which all have droppable equipment, their remains don't persist through area resets. Juju Zombie Champions leave behind the 'pile of bones' lootable remains item across area resets, to be more specific in the problem

zDark Shadowz

• Dark Lord
« Reply #252 on: January 27, 2023, 09:31:47 PM »
Sometimes those skeleton knights & warriors do have remains that persist, in the cave required to get the key for the juju location, in a very similar fashion.

~FiRe~KiNg~

• New to the Mists
« Reply #253 on: January 28, 2023, 12:34:09 AM »
Bug - Keep of the Dyad, north wing, rented room chair has bad dismount pathing

So I sat in the chair in this room on the map.

When I tried to leave the chair, it put me behind it, and there was no way I could get in front of the chair.

I was able to sit in the chair again, but nothing I did dismounted me to the front. While sitting in the chair, I had a companion open and close the door multiple times. One of the times the door bug happened and it pulled me out of the chair.

I will not be your dinner this day demon chair!!
Active character: Vine Arna

Chadyo

• Dark Lord
  • Don't you deserve better than a part-time deity?
    • My crafting post!
« Reply #254 on: January 28, 2023, 04:03:07 PM »
The max spawn on the aboleth dungeon goes a little crazy compared to the difficulty of the rest of the dungeon. The oozes and slimes wiped our fully warded and buffed frontline in a matter of seconds while we did not struggle in the slighest during the earlier part of the dungeon. Such a difficulty spike feels like a bug to me. But it could very well be a feature.

Edward

• Lord of the Dead
  • Dark Lord
  • The Bereaved & Defunct.
« Reply #255 on: January 28, 2023, 05:13:23 PM »
The max spawn on the aboleth dungeon goes a little crazy compared to the difficulty of the rest of the dungeon. The oozes and slimes wiped our fully warded and buffed frontline in a matter of seconds while we did not struggle in the slighest during the earlier part of the dungeon. Such a difficulty spike feels like a bug to me. But it could very well be a feature.

The oozes are very weak to specific spells and weapons, personally, I've seen them kill many groups but this can be because they split them-- Etc.

Irumi

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #256 on: January 28, 2023, 05:24:07 PM »

The oozes are very weak to specific spells and weapons, personally, I've seen them kill many groups but this can be because they split them-- Etc.

I agree, the oozes are fine and make a good end guard for the treasures.I have done the dungeon in many ways with many different characters and if you plan out  its not not that hard.

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #257 on: January 29, 2023, 09:05:11 AM »
Lost current and next seasons trade license upon server reset. Not sure if this was just part of the most recent server maintenance or if it's a buggy bug.

doesn't seem to be an issue after the reset, disregard
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 12:29:52 PM by ZSRunner »

Monktrus

• The Underworld
  • Undead Slayer
  • Freak of the Week
« Reply #258 on: January 29, 2023, 09:15:18 AM »
When you poison a drink, the drink vanishes from your inventory and isn't replaced with a poisoned version.

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #259 on: January 29, 2023, 09:26:19 AM »
When you poison a drink, the drink vanishes from your inventory and isn't replaced with a poisoned version.

It's usually poisoned, but not labelled as such so that your target cannot "know" its poisoned without drinking it.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #260 on: January 29, 2023, 09:50:23 AM »

It is, and it works fine judging by your screenshots.

zDark Shadowz

• Dark Lord
« Reply #261 on: January 29, 2023, 11:37:03 AM »

I'm not sure if that's the root cause; you'd know more about how that functions, but compared to the Skeletal Knights etc which all have droppable equipment, their remains don't persist through area resets. Juju Zombie Champions leave behind the 'pile of bones' lootable remains item across area resets, to be more specific in the problem

It seems a second round of area resets can remove the remains caused by a previous party, though the new visitors may end up creating a separate instance of corpses -> remains.

I took screenshots of the two areas and encountered them, but when I doubled back to test the bone golem howl the remains that were there had been cleared with the area reset.

So, thankfully, there'll not be more than one load of extra bodies at any given time.

Monktrus

• The Underworld
  • Undead Slayer
  • Freak of the Week
« Reply #262 on: January 29, 2023, 04:52:16 PM »

It is, and it works fine judging by your screenshots.
Tested it several times now and nope, the drink disappears. There is no poisoned replacement.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #263 on: January 29, 2023, 07:02:04 PM »
Tested it several times now and nope, the drink disappears. There is no poisoned replacement.

What's that acquired item: Barley Beer?

Frankz

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #264 on: January 29, 2023, 07:47:45 PM »
I just personally tested this. It says you acquired an item, but no item actually appears in the slot. I tested with a food ration and with frog poison from Markovia.

zDark Shadowz

• Dark Lord
« Reply #265 on: January 29, 2023, 08:45:21 PM »
Maybe because the item acquisition happens before the item removal, the last added item in the inventory takes listed priority so when the removal check happens to grab the first item of that type it's deleting the generated poisoned drink?

Or its stacking into an existing stack somewhere and removes its own poisoned tag.

Is this still happening when there is only one drink in the inventory? If so, what happens when there is two?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 08:47:40 PM by zDark Shadowz »

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #266 on: January 29, 2023, 09:42:08 PM »
I just personally tested this. It says you acquired an item, but no item actually appears in the slot. I tested with a food ration and with frog poison from Markovia.

Alright, think I've found the cause and will fix it.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #267 on: January 29, 2023, 10:48:01 PM »
Bug - Keep of the Dyad, north wing, rented room chair has bad dismount pathing

These should now be fixed.

Branchie

• The Summer Druidess
  • The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Power
« Reply #268 on: January 29, 2023, 11:44:03 PM »
Hello!

I've found this glitch and have noticed it for a short while. There seems to be an invisible wall of sorts, in this specific spot outside of the Warehouse District's doors in Vallaki, it's not really too big but can be a slight annoyance, as your character will be forced to walk around this invisible wall.

I've attached a picture of the location of it:
Spoiler: show

Grendlykins, Simp of Azalin Rex

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #269 on: January 30, 2023, 12:08:58 AM »
Hello!

I've found this glitch and have noticed it for a short while. There seems to be an invisible wall of sorts, in this specific spot outside of the Warehouse District's doors in Vallaki, it's not really too big but can be a slight annoyance, as your character will be forced to walk around this invisible wall.

These kinds of pathing bugs are prevalent across too many areas to list. They're most noticeable when using drive mode controls and for whatever reason, clicking past them allows you to traverse the previous invisible walls you'll occasionally encounter. I assume it's some sort of broken pathfinding consequence of using drive mode.

EarlofEtheria

• Undead Master
« Reply #270 on: January 30, 2023, 05:34:52 AM »
The changes to require an asterisk (*) in emotes has caused my favorite emote [rubs chin] to become inoperable! La tragédie!

Maiyannah

• First Watcher
  • Dark Power
  • Courage is the soul of life.
« Reply #271 on: January 30, 2023, 05:05:36 PM »
OID varies, but multiple people including myself have had this appearing at seemingly-random intervals.

Currently:
Livu Olmstead - First Watcher of Helm
Emmanuelle de le Foret - Ezrite escapee from Hazlan

Also:
Sarabeth d'Gagne - Ghastrian artist
Sabina Ennaies - Barovian road warden

KovosDatch

• The Underworld
  • Dark Lord
  • Stinkcoin mint
« Reply #272 on: January 31, 2023, 08:34:41 PM »
I placed down a lantern in front of Shop 3 in Vallaki to show we were open. I picked it up before the server reset, but it is still there. I tried interacting with it, bashing it, and blowing it up to no avail. It seems totally bugged.

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #273 on: January 31, 2023, 08:38:19 PM »
I placed down a lantern in front of Shop 3 in Vallaki to show we were open. I picked it up before the server reset, but it is still there. I tried interacting with it, bashing it, and blowing it up to no avail. It seems totally bugged.

did you try doing a @spawn destroy?

KovosDatch

• The Underworld
  • Dark Lord
  • Stinkcoin mint
« Reply #274 on: January 31, 2023, 09:29:45 PM »

did you try doing a @spawn destroy?

It was neither built nor a carpentry item, so I am unsure if this will work without deleting another sign of mine.