Author Topic: Topic for minor issues v5  (Read 30016 times)

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Topic for minor issues v5
« Reply #200 on: December 31, 2022, 10:59:57 AM »
The potion, and by default, the spell Negative Energy Protection no longer stops draining effects. If this change was intentional, then the description of the spell, and potion need to be changed to reflect that.

As per the spell description the only drain it protects from is level drain. Is that what you are referring to?

MistJumper

• Outlander
  • the weremink!
« Reply #201 on: December 31, 2022, 01:14:35 PM »
The potions description reads: "This potion protects the imbiber from energy drains from the negative plane." It looks like my issue is one of the description of said potion, as its current description lends more that it protects all drains from the negative.. stats being the biggest implied protective benefit using current description.

Rifkin

• New to the Mists
« Reply #202 on: December 31, 2022, 11:15:51 PM »
Super minor bug here, but the VFX for 'Vision of the Omniscient Eye' no longer line up properly with the position of the eyes on certain helmets/helms.

I'm not sure if this is due to my characters height scaling, or if something else has changed. In any case, it's unfortunate, as it was a nice little effect when the VFX lined up perfectly with the eye-sockets on the helmet.

Zyemeth

• Undead Master
« Reply #203 on: January 01, 2023, 08:27:42 AM »
A beamdog update broke all visual effects scaling quite a while ago. That is why if you change character size from normal you will see the weapon ward effects like sonic or fire will either not reach the end of the weapon if you are large or go well beyond the end if you are small.

Chadyo

• Dark Lord
  • Don't you deserve better than a part-time deity?
    • My crafting post!
« Reply #204 on: January 01, 2023, 09:22:57 AM »

No trash barrel in the alchemy hutt on the coast of lake zarovich near Vallaki (The one placed there is a crafted one by me)

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #205 on: January 01, 2023, 09:58:34 AM »
there's one near the vendor if I recall correctly.

MistJumper

• Outlander
  • the weremink!
« Reply #206 on: January 01, 2023, 10:34:31 AM »
There is a raised set of tiles in Har 'Akir Oasis of Apep that has no ramps to get up to it- that has herb nodes that spawn on it. Either a way up needs to be added, or the nodes need to be removed/moved to an accessible part of the tiles. It's the rise without the temple entrance.

Maiyannah

• First Watcher
  • Dark Power
  • Courage is the soul of life.
« Reply #207 on: January 01, 2023, 10:47:57 AM »
No trash barrel in the alchemy hutt on the coast of lake zarovich near Vallaki (The one placed there is a crafted one by me)

There is a trash barrel opposite the vendor in the corner of that room.
Currently:
Livu Olmstead - First Watcher of Helm
Emmanuelle Skyshard - Ezran escapee from Hazlan

Also:
Liliana Bolboceanu - Forest ranger

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #208 on: January 01, 2023, 01:20:13 PM »
There is a raised set of tiles in Har 'Akir Oasis of Apep that has no ramps to get up to it- that has herb nodes that spawn on it. Either a way up needs to be added, or the nodes need to be removed/moved to an accessible part of the tiles. It's the rise without the temple entrance.

I'll move the herb elsewhere.

The potions description reads: "This potion protects the imbiber from energy drains from the negative plane." It looks like my issue is one of the description of said potion, as its current description lends more that it protects all drains from the negative.. stats being the biggest implied protective benefit using current description.

I'll slightly adjust it next hak update but in the end it's a general description, so the player should know the spell.

MistJumper

• Outlander
  • the weremink!
« Reply #209 on: January 01, 2023, 02:25:38 PM »
The default NWN spell does protect from stat drops per the NWN wiki. https://nwn.fandom.com/wiki/Negative_energy_protection?so=search This is why I was so surprised when after drinking said potion the strength stat was drained.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #210 on: January 01, 2023, 03:54:50 PM »
The potion, and by default, the spell Negative Energy Protection no longer stops draining effects. If this change was intentional, then the description of the spell, and potion need to be changed to reflect that.

To confirm, are we talking level drain or ability score drains?

Our negative energy protection should work as follows
"The target creature is granted 50% immunity to negative energy damage, immunity to level drain, and a +20 bonus to saving throws made versus negative energy effects. "
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

MistJumper

• Outlander
  • the weremink!
« Reply #211 on: January 01, 2023, 04:41:03 PM »
To be clear what I am referring to is the the stat drops from shadows and ghosts which, by your question, would fall under the +20 save vs negative effects. Either I really suck at saving throws or it isn't working as intended as I experienced stat drop after stat drop after stat drop. Consuming a lesser restoration removes the effect, but also gives an attack of opportunity to the attacker which dropped the stat again. My toon is a monk, with minimum stat scores of 12 so should have at least some saving throw bonuses overall.
 I have also experienced 1 level drain while fighting ghosts in Gastria- with the negative energy protection potion being consumed just prior to the combat.

Mostly my concern is the stat drops. As Western Barovia has more of the stat drop attacks and not outright level drain attacks. ( I have only experienced level drain/s in Western Barovia from a vampire.) The stat after stat experience took place in the sullen woods were the shadows will drain strength. The herbalist next to the woods offers negative energy protection via spell to everyone who asks, yet if the spell has been changed she is effectively offering nothing based upon what I experienced.

In terms of mechanics game balance and making sure that negative energy protection can't for example deflect the spell Harm I can see the point of nerfing it. However Negative Energy Protection, a 3rd level spell, and by herbalism a lower level easy to make potion was the only protection from negative attack stat drops in the entire game minus of course, the much higher, only cast on self, arcane spell shadow shield.

If the change intended for a much reduced chance for a negative attack stat drop then I do not think it is working correctly from what I have experienced. I will also note that said experiences have caused my avoidance of the encounters since as the repeated unstoppable stat drops are not fun to try and escape from.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #212 on: January 01, 2023, 04:47:12 PM »
As far as I am aware there was no change to the spell, but we'll investigate.
Best Regards!
MAB

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #213 on: January 01, 2023, 05:04:39 PM »
After testing, I confirm the spell is working as intended. Note that we have several spells that do not behave like the vanilla NWN version. You can consult our wiki lfor the full list and description of spells supported on the server, and this thread here that lists the changes we did to base NWN spells.
Best Regards!
MAB

zDark Shadowz

• Dark Lord
« Reply #214 on: January 02, 2023, 02:53:42 PM »
If someone lures a worg into the herbalist hut while someone is doing shadows, the herbalist will combat the worg and then "rest" their spells when there's no more hostiles, debuffing anyone they'd previously warded.

I'd say likely this is what happened to you. I generally use this priestess on new characters often and haven't had issues with shadow attack strength drains except in the above instance which can cause it to turn off before her approx 17 minute ward has faded.

In other places, the +20 saves doesn't work against features like crippling strike or negative energy burst since the drain happens regardless of the fortitude save.

Merry Munchkin

• Dark Lord
« Reply #215 on: January 02, 2023, 04:04:40 PM »
The vanilla shadow in NWN uses a "shadow attack" that has no save.  Not sure if PoTM changed to a custom shadow attack for these creatures.

Burleigh Burrowell - RIP

Barovian Female Peasant 2.0

• Undead Slayer
  • Don't trust the Old Noapte.
« Reply #216 on: January 02, 2023, 04:57:08 PM »
There seems to be a texture/coloring issue with the torso number 176. I remember it needs to be transparent around the neck, the model also shows it that way, then when applied onto the character the pattern appears.

Edit: .. I think it looks like it's patterned with the color because of my character's skin color. This may not be a bug.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 04:59:37 PM by Barovian Female Peasant 2.0 »

Evendur

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #217 on: January 04, 2023, 06:22:27 PM »
The potent potion of True Seeing currently has the same model as Keen Sense Potions and should probably get the same looks as normal true sight to match with other potent versions.

zDark Shadowz

• Dark Lord
« Reply #218 on: January 04, 2023, 11:13:18 PM »
The potent potion of True Seeing currently has the same model as Keen Sense Potions and should probably get the same looks as normal true sight to match with other potent versions.
... I like the current colour since it helps me not mix up my true seeing and potent true seeing I've crafted.

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #219 on: January 05, 2023, 06:31:49 PM »
Tigan's rest door rarely stays closed because the barmaid paths in and out of it. Occasionally she gets stuck behind it too.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #220 on: January 06, 2023, 12:00:16 PM »

I'll change its appearance so it looks like the True Seeing ones with some slight differences.

Tigan's rest door rarely stays closed because the barmaid paths in and out of it. Occasionally she gets stuck behind it too.

I'll try to adjust the NPC's pathing.

Mordch

• New to the Mists
« Reply #221 on: January 06, 2023, 12:49:30 PM »

No idea if it's my Haks or overrides that are messed up.. or if wearing peoples skin over your own is in vogue in the port.

Vallaki upper classes are not spared either. with terrible tumors and growths propping up.

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #222 on: January 06, 2023, 01:00:32 PM »

No idea if it's my Haks or overrides that are messed up.. or if wearing peoples skin over your own is in vogue in the port.

Vallaki upper classes are not spared either. with terrible tumors and growths propping up.

Woah! Nightmare fuel.

I've never seen anything like this.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #223 on: January 06, 2023, 01:06:37 PM »

That's on your end. Make sure to close NwN then reopen it when switching between servers that use NWSync. Also make sure to unsubscribe from Steam workshops and to clear out your override folder (My Documents\Neverwinter Nights\override) of any content that may interfer.

Madame Trousers Son

• Gendarmerie
  • Dark Power
« Reply #224 on: January 06, 2023, 01:58:08 PM »
Belker Spam:

He still seems to fire off the same speech at least twice even when just one person passes; and when several people pass, he fires off several more. It's quite the nuisance.

Would it be possible to change it so he only shouts once, and then there's a cooldown placed on the NPC so he doesn't shout again for another, say, 30 seconds?
"The Machinery of Justice will not serve you here – it is slow and cold, and it is theirs."

- Richard K. Morgan, Altered Carbon