You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Topic for minor issues v5  (Read 30085 times)

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Topic for minor issues v5
« on: May 09, 2022, 10:17:46 AM »
This is the new v5 thread to use for minor issues as the former thread grew too large.

It is still accessible here for reference. You do not need to repeat recent reports on the new thread.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Onkel Bob

• Developers
  • Undead Master
Re: Topic for minor issues v5
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2022, 10:28:26 AM »
An inaccessible herb placement in Hazlan - Tusmørke Skoven - North - Narrow Path, just near the southern transition.

Spoiler: show

There are also some large, hovering rocks in Hazlan - Tusmørke Skoven - North - Foothill Springs in the north-east and south-west side of the map.
Portraits (updated 14/04/2024)

inkcorvid

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2022, 01:36:12 PM »
This doesn't seem like intended behaviour. The "heal as if have done a full rest" triggers even if no wild shape uses are available. Tested non-aggressive wild shape, but it didn't seem to have the same issue.

Active: Nissa Arden, Chiara Grassini
Shelved: Dindalmogra Ggol, Serinda Takmarin, Lyra Rimewood, Sofie Reiss, Aidelina Gatteux, Odette Sautereau, Livny Skovgaard, Innogen Ashe
Closed: Anjeza Bajramovic, Nim Farboffle

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2022, 08:40:55 PM »
This doesn't seem like intended behaviour. The "heal as if have done a full rest" triggers even if no wild shape uses are available. Tested non-aggressive wild shape, but it didn't seem to have the same issue.

I'll fix this, thanks.

An inaccessible herb placement in Hazlan - Tusmørke Skoven - North - Narrow Path, just near the southern transition.

There are also some large, hovering rocks in Hazlan - Tusmørke Skoven - North - Foothill Springs in the north-east and south-west side of the map.

I'll fix both issues. Thanks for reporting them.

Madame Trousers Son

• Gendarmerie
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2022, 10:18:13 PM »
The Governor's Hotel feels a bit understaffed:

- Could two Security Guards be added to the ballroom? Or is the omission deliberate to allow people to go intervene here without ignoring NPCs?

- Could some maids be added on the various floors just to represent staff going on their rounds?

This would bring a bit more life to the place...
"The Machinery of Justice will not serve you here – it is slow and cold, and it is theirs."

- Richard K. Morgan, Altered Carbon

Calad

• Champion of the Eternal Dawn
  • Undead Master
  • The Ancient. The Land.
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2022, 06:24:05 AM »
The Tenement Rooms bug out a lot when I try to decorate the room my character owns.

I put maybe one thing down, before the place is no longer a 'rental'. Sometimes walking out of the map and coming back in helps, but this time it's very stubborn. I cannot really fix it. This is the first floor of tenements, room 4.

Long live the Count, Strahd von Zarovich XI!

bloodless

• Dark Power
  • ?
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2022, 08:32:10 PM »
The arcane device doesn't show the exp cost to enchant a weapon, but it does show it for a helmet. Both items were made by the same person roughly around the same time.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2022, 06:03:18 AM »
The Tenement Rooms bug out a lot when I try to decorate the room my character owns.

I put maybe one thing down, before the place is no longer a 'rental'. Sometimes walking out of the map and coming back in helps, but this time it's very stubborn. I cannot really fix it. This is the first floor of tenements, room 4.

Also having this issue. I managed to place a carpet, but after that, just constant 'Error: Location must be inside rental.' Room 9.
When I had another of these rooms, about a month ago, I was able to place everything without seeing that error once. It was room 4.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 06:05:23 AM by NacreCicatrix »
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

Hospice Faction Information Here!

Calad

• Champion of the Eternal Dawn
  • Undead Master
  • The Ancient. The Land.
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2022, 06:20:25 AM »

Also having this issue. I managed to place a carpet, but after that, just constant 'Error: Location must be inside rental.' Room 9.
When I had another of these rooms, about a month ago, I was able to place everything without seeing that error once. It was room 4.

I just realized I %100 mistyped my room number, mine is 3, not the same room. But the issue is still there nonetheless.
Long live the Count, Strahd von Zarovich XI!

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2022, 11:54:51 AM »
I've noticed that your character location plays a big part in this. Try moving your character to a location that you know worked previously then try placing things again

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2022, 08:49:34 PM »

I'll fix this.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2022, 12:32:25 PM »

This should now be fixed.

cheese tornado

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2022, 07:21:20 AM »
I found this to be a short read, a little brief..

Is this intentional?

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2022, 06:15:27 PM »
Mmm, yeah, this book should have been removed long ago. I'll remove it from the loot tables in the next update.

Dardonas

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2022, 09:55:51 AM »

Minor issue where it reads a 0 at first and then repeats itself with the correct amount and a slightly different message.  Black market bank in Port-a-Lucine.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2022, 05:34:29 PM »
Minor issue where it reads a 0 at first and then repeats itself with the correct amount and a slightly different message.  Black market bank in Port-a-Lucine.

Thanks, I'll fix that.

Evendur

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2022, 09:54:32 PM »

Conversations within the locked guest rooms can still be heard outside the rooms.
Pretty sure this is not as intended?

TherapyCat

• I'm aware I can't spell but look at my art uwu
  • Dark Lord
  • Aka BrokeCollegeKid/Colorfullfan
    • POTM IN THE SIMS
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2022, 10:31:52 PM »

This should now be fixed.

I sitll live in room 3 and can't get mine to work.

Dardonas

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2022, 08:54:33 AM »
It does not seem like the Black Market crafting merchant sells throwing axe/alchemical thorwing axe templates.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2022, 11:19:46 PM »
It does not seem like the Black Market crafting merchant sells throwing axe/alchemical thorwing axe templates.

I've doublechecked and they're there (in L'Atelier du Progrès), but under woodworking rather than smithing.

inkcorvid

• Dark Power
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2022, 07:45:43 AM »
Just noticed that the Mask of Hathor has only the default helmet description. Should there be a blurb about Hathor in there?

Active: Nissa Arden, Chiara Grassini
Shelved: Dindalmogra Ggol, Serinda Takmarin, Lyra Rimewood, Sofie Reiss, Aidelina Gatteux, Odette Sautereau, Livny Skovgaard, Innogen Ashe
Closed: Anjeza Bajramovic, Nim Farboffle

Evendur

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2022, 02:34:20 AM »
Reaching a lvl for a second time after XP loss, will not reset the @relevel counter. Possible solution

Mordch

• New to the Mists
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2022, 05:00:30 AM »
The vallaki bounty board has so many possible bounties that the actual list gets too long to fit on screen, and breaks.

Evendur

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2022, 01:44:44 AM »
For a while now I had the impression that every time a character died, they would stand up again and die a second time. The dying sounds would also be played twice.

I just managed to reproduce this in the test server and it seems that this is related to the Bear's Endurance spell.

After being killed the first time, the character stands up again and can continue fighting.

If the character has no bears wards, this does not seem to happen.

Martoc

• New to the Mists
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2022, 03:41:26 PM »
Got overcharged for changing cloak appearance, see picture:

https://imgur.com/a/D1V2u2W

Can't be arsed to learn your forums tagging system for posting pictures.

Not a valid gifv URL