Author Topic: Topic for minor issues v5  (Read 30095 times)

Vissy

• Dark Lord
Re: Topic for minor issues v5
« Reply #175 on: December 18, 2022, 03:36:00 AM »
Poison Weapon (from any poison source it seems, tested on Dagger of Venom and Scarab of Venom) doesn't seem to work on a rapier (Blade of Three Crowns in question).

Active Character: Heir Andarateia, Lia Lanthaloran
Other Character(s): Gilraine Alean'ani
Shelved Character(s): Vinyafael Yavanna, Callistrae Dawnshadow, Vika van Voytz
Closured Character(s): Rakel Leviken, Celeste Seifert

Vissy

• Dark Lord
« Reply #176 on: December 18, 2022, 04:49:29 PM »
The NPCs Marielia Laskydovich and Nellina Millinsky at the Tser Pool seem to have somewhat nonsensical warding routines. I witnessed them give themselves Greater Magic Weapon five or six times in a row until they ran out of the spell, then move on to magic weapon to do the same.
Active Character: Heir Andarateia, Lia Lanthaloran
Other Character(s): Gilraine Alean'ani
Shelved Character(s): Vinyafael Yavanna, Callistrae Dawnshadow, Vika van Voytz
Closured Character(s): Rakel Leviken, Celeste Seifert

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #177 on: December 20, 2022, 11:09:36 AM »
The NPCs Marielia Laskydovich and Nellina Millinsky at the Tser Pool seem to have somewhat nonsensical warding routines. I witnessed them give themselves Greater Magic Weapon five or six times in a row until they ran out of the spell, then move on to magic weapon to do the same.

I've checked their spell list and they only get 1 cast of each of these spells, though they have plenty of other weapon buffs. Considering they're not really fighting NPCs, I won't overhaul their spell list.

Poison Weapon (from any poison source it seems, tested on Dagger of Venom and Scarab of Venom) doesn't seem to work on a rapier (Blade of Three Crowns in question).

I'll fix this in the next update.

Skelni

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
  • You can always contact me
« Reply #178 on: December 20, 2022, 08:53:39 PM »
I totally forgot all about this but, in Degannwy - Nant Gaerwyn - Upstairs

The chair that supposedly used to be there before the tailoring overhaul is still missing - Yet the air is still seatable
Active: Vorrala Dalael

Shelved: Dirge Driftwood - Jezebel Redcherry - Silf Argyros - Ledewif Oberholtz

Closured: Razik Slepnel - Azaulia Curantus - Gavril Dragnea

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #179 on: December 21, 2022, 08:48:38 AM »
I totally forgot all about this but, in Degannwy - Nant Gaerwyn - Upstairs

The chair that supposedly used to be there before the tailoring overhaul is still missing - Yet the air is still seatable

These should be fixed.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #181 on: December 24, 2022, 09:18:44 AM »

This item has a default description.

I'll fix it, but does it even do anything?

She Said Destroy

• New to the Mists
« Reply #182 on: December 24, 2022, 01:02:21 PM »
I'll fix it, but does it even do anything?

Turns out it doesn't. Tried throwing it at a mink and it just disappeared from my inventory.

Barley

• New to the Mists
« Reply #183 on: December 24, 2022, 03:16:09 PM »
The "bandages" for sale in Krofberg appear to have no function. They cannot be equiped in a slot or used. Is that intentional?

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #184 on: December 24, 2022, 03:47:50 PM »
The "bandages" for sale in Krofberg appear to have no function. They cannot be equiped in a slot or used. Is that intentional?

Odd. I'll re-add the Cure Minor Wounds property they used to have.

Turns out it doesn't. Tried throwing it at a mink and it just disappeared from my inventory.

I'll fix that too.

Cody

• Church of Ezra - Refuge of Fifth Light
  • Undead Master
« Reply #185 on: December 25, 2022, 08:00:01 PM »
Steinbjorn's cleaver/scimitar does not apply its enhancement bonus against Plants properly when bashing thick undergrowths in Markovia. The undergrowth absorbs 5 damage just like you are hitting it with any other weapon. If it is possible to categorize these objects as "Plants".

There are barrel spawns on the eastern/right side of the map in Sunset Bay where they are too close to buildings and cliffsides making it impossible to walk up and unlock them.

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #186 on: December 26, 2022, 01:12:11 AM »
Steinbjorn's cleaver/scimitar does not apply its enhancement bonus against Plants properly when bashing thick undergrowths in Markovia. The undergrowth absorbs 5 damage just like you are hitting it with any other weapon. If it is possible to categorize these objects as "Plants".

Yeah, it doesn't work that way. You can't bypass object Hardness.

Chadyo

• Dark Lord
  • Don't you deserve better than a part-time deity?
« Reply #187 on: December 28, 2022, 03:50:30 AM »
When sawing logs I cannot use more then 40 logs in the saw horse as if you use more then that they will just disappear into the imaginary 26th page of the saw horse. I don't know how many planks this has cost me before I discovered this but probably quite a bit.

William Roberts

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
  • Thrown a kettle over a pub...what have you done?
« Reply #188 on: December 28, 2022, 12:27:06 PM »
The forum seems to be slowing down in this manner:

The initial connection is slow (when I first come to the site and click "Forum" on the top menu bar).

It is then fast as long as I interact with it. If, however, I take the time to compose a substantive post or do something else for a while, it is again slow at the first new click. Previewing a post used to be instantaneous, but now it takes several seconds to load.

A guess as to the cause would be not having sufficient idle database connections in the pool so that one has to become available again before a request can be handled. And then the connection being handed off to someone else if the interaction is not kept up. Just a possibility.

In any event, I'm mentioning in case others are experiencing it because it might mean the forum database needs some kind of tweak or performance will continue to degrade.

Beauty like a tightened bow, a kind that is not natural in an age like this.

umtic

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #189 on: December 28, 2022, 01:21:45 PM »
There are some surprising behaviours on crafting boots and gloves with some materials:

- Fever Iron gives bonus to save vs fire on (leather) boots, but vs cold on (metal) armors. It gives no save bonus on gloves, but I suppose in this case it's right.
- Ancient Bear will add a -1 save vs fire on boots and gloves, but not on armors. I remember reading somewhere that this downside of the pelt would be removed, but I'm not sure where we are on this update (or if it was real or only a dream).

--edited for precision

« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 01:26:03 PM by umtic »
Save your char

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #190 on: December 28, 2022, 02:45:51 PM »
There are some surprising behaviours on crafting boots and gloves with some materials:

- Fever Iron gives bonus to save vs fire on (leather) boots, but vs cold on (metal) armors. It gives no save bonus on gloves, but I suppose in this case it's right.
- Ancient Bear will add a -1 save vs fire on boots and gloves, but not on armors. I remember reading somewhere that this downside of the pelt would be removed, but I'm not sure where we are on this update (or if it was real or only a dream).

--edited for precision

Thank you for reporting. The bonus vs cold on armors is the error as fever iron grants protection vs fire or damage vs fire as per the source material.
On items made of ancient dire bear linings (and a few others as well), it was the "50% vulnerability to fire" property that was removed. I will consider removing the ST malus as well, but need to check a few things for balance first.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

umtic

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #191 on: December 28, 2022, 04:25:34 PM »

--edited for precision

Thank you for reporting. The bonus vs cold on armors is the error as fever iron grants protection vs fire or damage vs fire as per the source material.
On items made of ancient dire bear linings (and a few others as well), it was the "50% vulnerability to fire" property that was removed. I will consider removing the ST malus as well, but need to check a few things for balance first.

Thanks for the quick repply.
Dlarun also gives fire protection on both metal armors, gloves, and boots. Since Dlarun weapons have cold damage, I ask myself if it was not supposed, as per your answer, to also provide cold protection.

Darksteel seems to work fine, at least I had no surprises working it :)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 04:32:50 PM by umtic »
Save your char

Chadyo

• Dark Lord
  • Don't you deserve better than a part-time deity?
« Reply #192 on: December 29, 2022, 07:45:23 AM »
This item cannot be used on others, bug? Or as designed? Other waterskins can be used on others.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #193 on: December 29, 2022, 10:12:44 AM »
Umtic, I checked the scripts in the module, and Fever Iron is correctly set up to provide a saving throw vs Fire as per the source material.
Could it be your lining that provides the Cold bonus?

And I confirm that Dlarun and Fever Iron both provide protection vs fire on armors, but deal different type of damages on weapons. This is as per the source material (Magic of Faerūn).

Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #194 on: December 29, 2022, 01:36:57 PM »
This item cannot be used on others, bug? Or as designed? Other waterskins can be used on others.

Oversight. I'll put it on the list -  but will have to wait until I have control of the treasury (eta unknown)

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #195 on: December 30, 2022, 02:16:39 PM »

These should be fixed, albeit not retroactively.

bloodless

• Dark Power
  • ?
« Reply #196 on: December 30, 2022, 03:58:06 PM »
A strange little bug, but, when setting the voice volume to whisper with the bar to the left of the chat box, and then using /s to speak regularly, it ignores any selected [Language] tag, defaulting to no tag at all as if [Co].

Grendlykins, Simp of Azalin Rex

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #197 on: December 30, 2022, 06:01:22 PM »

Animated Ropes drop snake venom, presumably a leftover from them being a snake template or something.

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #198 on: December 31, 2022, 04:20:05 AM »

Animated Ropes drop snake venom, presumably a leftover from them being a snake template or something.

oops. Will fix.

MistJumper

• Outlander
  • the weremink!
« Reply #199 on: December 31, 2022, 10:55:02 AM »
The potion, and by default, the spell Negative Energy Protection no longer stops draining effects. If this change was intentional, then the description of the spell, and potion need to be changed to reflect that.