You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Gloves and gauntlets for PC's with claws don't give damage.  (Read 713 times)

Edward

• Lord of the Dead
  • Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
  • The Bereaved & Defunct.
A recent update made it so that you could not apply varnishes to your claws as a PC with claws anymore, but gloves  and gauntlets do not give any bonuses to PC's with claws either now, this seems like a bug. Would appreciate a fix so I can use gloves and get damage bonuses or maybe varnishes back on claws.

Ryujin

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Lord
Re: Gloves and gauntlets for PC's with claws don't give damage.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2023, 06:13:12 PM »
I seem to be getting the bludgeoning damage from my plated gloves just fine

Active: Naexalim Alearaheal.
Shelved: Chen Mei, Corin Bluespire, Osirion Shivan, Dukgeth, Valathar El'lyn. Closured: Cyrun Mask

Edward

• Lord of the Dead
  • Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2023, 11:17:41 PM »
I seem to be getting the bludgeoning damage from my plated gloves just fine

It says so on the sheet, but it doesn't actually give you the damage, I tested it. Even after applying negative varnish to my gloves they would not do damage, it does not work, atleast not for Dragon Disciple.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 11:21:01 PM by Edward »

Edward

• Lord of the Dead
  • Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2023, 04:15:15 PM »
bump

Kireek

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2023, 04:23:10 AM »

Use an off hand item. It forces you to use h2h, which lets you get the full benefits of the gloves/magic weapon/varnishes. Before the change, it forced you to chose one or the other. You had to chose magic weapon + gloves or varnish + claws. Now you can at least get all of the above in some fashion. This change was basically the very rare straight damage buff for people with claws. Yes you no longer want to use your claws, but you no longer have to choose between claws + varnish versus h2h + gloves + magic weapon. You get everything, like everyone else.

It sucks that we have to give up the S/P damage type, but the overall damage values are higher.. and finding a more long term solution is apparently quite difficult.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2023, 04:52:23 AM by Kireek »

Edward

• Lord of the Dead
  • Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2023, 01:01:21 AM »

Use an off hand item. It forces you to use h2h, which lets you get the full benefits of the gloves/magic weapon/varnishes. Before the change, it forced you to chose one or the other. You had to chose magic weapon + gloves or varnish + claws. Now you can at least get all of the above in some fashion. This change was basically the very rare straight damage buff for people with claws. Yes you no longer want to use your claws, but you no longer have to choose between claws + varnish versus h2h + gloves + magic weapon. You get everything, like everyone else.

It sucks that we have to give up the S/P damage type, but the overall damage values are higher.. and finding a more long term solution is apparently quite difficult.

No, I still get the claws damage, not the gloves. I don’t get anything from gloves despite it saying so in my character sheet, I just get the damage from claws but cannot apply varnish to them.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2023, 01:33:16 PM »
I've made changes to varnishes to auto-target gloves if the PC has no weapon equipped, and to also apply the buff to creature weapons.

Zyemeth

• Undead Master
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2023, 12:32:43 AM »
Does that mean varnishes now target weapons automatically if you do have one equipped?

Ryujin

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2023, 12:35:25 AM »
Didn't they already do that?
Active: Naexalim Alearaheal.
Shelved: Chen Mei, Corin Bluespire, Osirion Shivan, Dukgeth, Valathar El'lyn. Closured: Cyrun Mask

Zyemeth

• Undead Master
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2023, 01:39:11 AM »
No last I checked you yeet a grenade at your own feet if you target yourself.