Author Topic: Drudoc Andermidt- The End  (Read 12351 times)

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
Only minutes later as Drudoc sat under the trees in the camp she saw a familiar form come near her. She smiled a bit as he closed in her dark green eyes sparkling slightly.

The two exchanged pleasant greetings and soon caught up on present events. Drudoc though was cryptic when it came to the tube shaped scar on her neck near her jugular. "How can I help you Drudoc if you dont tell me what happend?" He asked.

Drudoc though shurgged. "Its not that I dont want to tell you its that I simply cant." she said.

After a long time of guess work and cryptic tales her friend finally reached the correct conclusion though Drudoc couldnt directly confirm it. "So an ancient vampire has gained control of your mind taking away your freedom of choice through the use of an ancient curse?" He said.

Drudoc just said nothing as she stared at the fire.

"We'll get through this Drudoc dont worry." He said.

In her heart Drudoc knew he was right but her mind had other ideas. She sighed faintly. "Maybe, we'll see." It was then Drudoc hugged her friend tightly resting her head on his chest as she wrapped his arm about her. She felt so vunerable and weak at this point but with him here she felt a twinge of hope that maybe everything would be ok.

It was only seconds later though as he consoled her soothing her mind and tension away that Drudoc felt and icy chill enter her mind catching her completly off guard. She gasped in pain then sitting bolt up right and back peddling away from her friend as she held her head tightly. "URGHH...NO!" She cried.

"This is mine now girl." She heard in her head.

"No...it isnt!" she cried again gritting her teeth as her friend tried to console her and help her but she couldnt hear him through the pain and the vampire priests voice.

"It isnt?" He said with a laugh. "Then watch...THIS!" Suddenly Drudoc felt her mental barriers come crashing down and something being pushed to the back of her mind. What it was she couldnt tell part of her wondered if she had betean off what he was trying to do but in her hazed state she couldnt tell.

"Drudoc! fight it! come back to me!" Her friend cried shaking her gently.

Drudod though stared blankly forward as if she wasnt even aware of what was around her. Inside she felt her mind being pushed aside like paper and a sudden pain slice through her gut and through the rest of her body. Suddenly she felt stronger and faster then she ever could feel. Her hands flexed tightly and she eyed her friend thoguh it was now clear her mind wasnt her own. "Drudoc?" He said taking a step back.

With a sudden furry she lunged at him clawing at his armor racking her nails across it like claws. Some of her nails snapped off releasing a bit of blood on the decorated armor. He tried fighting her off by grabbing her arms but she beat him back and she clawed visciously at his face leaving gouging marks there and around his eyes.

As suddenly as it begain her mind snapped back into her own again and she scrambled off her friend in horror as she took in her bloodied hands and his face. Noting as well his marked armor. Once she was several feet away she curaled into a tight ball on the ground crying and sobing heavily. "Just a tool....I'm just a tool." She said repetadly feeling herself being drained and weakened by the experience.

She felt the form of her friend over her and he slowly descended to her level pulling her close. "...No your not Drudoc we wont let this beast win." Drudoc in her despair instead of pushing him away curaled tightly against him pulling him as close as she could. She was scared and felt weak. Yet his closeness gave her courage and after a few moments she started to disentangle herself from his form.

"Look Drudoc a Raven." he said pointing up into the trees.

Drudoc followed his gaze and eyed the bird taking note it wasnt her companion as this bird was larger and more matured. It cawed a few times at her scratching the tree limb it rested on. Drudoc turned her gaze back to the man then. "Will you watch over my friend dear raven?" He asked.

Drudoc followed his gaze again watching the bird. Again it cawed at her before flying off in what seemed to Drudoc irratation. "Hmm curious maybe it had a hard time hunting this night." Drudoc said to her friend.

"Perhaps, but you know as well as I do that there signs of good luck and fortune. Things are not as hopeless as they seem Drudoc." He said.

"No, I suppose your right."  She said.

Drudoc then looked into his eyes as he in turn looked at her. He reached out and brushed a dirtied lock of hair from her face. Drudoc her hand caked with dried blood reached up to his face and healed his wounds noting that with satisfaction that when she was done it was as if they were never there. She smiled softly then and ran her hand through the locks of his hair feeling the softness that it held. She reached behind him and rested a hand on his neck and gently pulled him down, kissing him deeply. In the back of Drudoc's mind she knew what she was doing was a dangerous game, her duties to others, and the problems she now faced would in the end conflict with what she was now doing here and now. The rest of her mind though didnt care as she noted he returned her kiss deepening it in turn.

"Screw it. I've earned this and deserve it. Enough of pushing people away when they try and get close, tonight I''m letting him in and I'm not backing out." She thought. Slowly the kiss dissolved leaving both breathless for a moment as they stared at each other.

Not wishing to break her stride Drudoc took her friend by the hand and led him inside the building not letting the few odd looks she received from the few elves break her stride. They entered her room across from her childrens room locking it quietly behind her. Drudoc stepped over to the small candle stand by her bed and lite it gently with a small flame from her hand. Using  a small cantrip she had learned in her earliest studies of magic. The faint flame soon grew to its full height casting a dim light around the room.

Drudoc turned and looked at her friend. "...And soon to be more then that." She thought. Still she couldnt hide the nervous feelings she let creep through her but she soon pushed them away as he came up to her once more taking her and embracing her gently into another kiss.

Once more coming up for air the two looked at each other. Drudoc leading her friend over to the bed, though small was just big enough to support the two of them some what comfortably. "Going to have to get a bigger one." She idly thought.

"You know the nights still young..." Drudoc said softly to him.

"Indeed..." He said sitting onto the bed next to her. "I wonder what the future holds?"

Drudoc snuggled up close to him then pushing him back onto the bed and resting next to him for a moment. "I dont know....but whatever it holds I'm glad your with me tonight." she said as she ran her hands through his hair again.

Later after the candle had burned down to a short wick the two laid spooned together the other holding the oppiste close. In Drudoc's now restful state she dreamed. She dreamed of a future a bright one in fact. She now knew that no matter what she faced she had finally found the one thing that she was missing. And it now laid next to her softly breathing in his rest.

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
Days later Drudoc awoke from her rest, she glanced outside at took note it was nearing night fall. As well as faintly snowing as well. "First snows of the season." She idly thought.

Drudoc felt stiffled by the enclosed area and soon dressed herself warmily and headed across to her childrens room. Taking note the both were still fast asleep where she had left them only a few hours before. Not wishing to take chances she walked silently over to each in her robes and chanted  a soft set of blessings over each. One blessing to ensure there sleep for many hours until sun up and several others to protect them from evil and similar.

After warding both the window, room and finally the door in a similar manner and making sure the door was securely locked. Drudoc headed downstairs, pulling her warm winter cloak about her. "Drudoc?" A woman's voice asked as she exited the stairs.

Drudoc glanced over noting Ren'dalia. "Oh Ren'dalia hello this evening something you need?" She asked.

The elven woman shook her head no to her. "I was just wondering where you were off to this night?" She asked curiously.

"Just for a short walk around the camp." Drudoc replied though honestly she had hopes that if the snow wasnt to bad she would head for her Grove as well. "The children are fast asleep and the room warded against evil and similar so they should be safe enough till i get back." She continued.

The elf woman nodded to her satisifed. "Of course dear Drudoc. Would you like some company on your walk?" She asked.

Drudoc considered this a moment, in truth she wouldnt have minded some extra company but something in the back of her mind compelled her to decline. "No, thanks for the offer but I just need to think on some things for a bit. I should be back in a few hours at most. After all the camp isnt that big." Drudoc said with a smile.

"Of course dear. I'll await your return then." Ren'dalia said.

As Drudoc made her way out of the building then out of the camp Drudoc felt a nagging guilt that she had lied her way out of Ren'dalia's company but then again still another felt that it was the right decision. Why though was what nagged the halfling woman.

After a short walk to her Grove Drudoc set up a small fire just at the caves entrance. Then huddled down under the warmth of her cloak and blankets she had brought with her. Then once comfortable relaxed her head back and shut her eyes for a moment.

When next Drudoc's eyes came open they were to a extremely cold breeze forcing Drudoc to huddle down deeper into her cloak and blankets. The wind soon after blew out the fire as well taking away what warmth she still had. In desperation Drudoc tried to cast a blessing to ward off the cold but found her mind seize up and fail to finish the spell. "Hmm, odd." Drudoc thought thinking nothing of the failure.

She then shurrged then holding her head down and started to make her way from the cave and out of her Grove. Suddenly her brain was racked by intense pain and anguish, causing her to collapse to the ground onto all fours. Blood oozed from the tear tucks of her eyes to the ground around her. Drudoc took note that the minks near her hissed and took off running seeming in fear. Images of the temple in the outskirts and valiki shot through her mind. "Bring me the first you see, no priests or knights." The voice snapped through her mind accompained by a searing  pain and hammer like blows inside her skull.

Dimly in the back of her mind what remained of Drudoc's mental personality screamed in frustration as she found herself unable to resist the commands. Dimly she obeyed the command and took off running avoiding the wolf packs that prowled the woods except for two. Both of which she dealt with with some effort with her bare hands. "It'll lend credence to my story." the part of her mind thought formulating a plan and lie. Drudoc though tried to fight but found it useless.

Finally though she reached the outskirts and looked around her eyes pounding in her skull at times. She at first saw two men. One a guard and another a robed man. She put on a desperte looking face and eyed both still injured from her two wolf fights earlier. "Please, help me. A wolf pack took a child into the forests." She said despertly. Pain lanced through her head again causing her to fall to her knees but she passed it off as an injury to her shoulder. Which was in truth hurt from the bites and claws.

"The man with the axe bring him!" The voice sounded through her head and willingly she did so.

"Please sir, help me. I need one of stout fighting skills to tackle this pack and rescue the child." She said despertly. Still though for some reason he didnt seem to belive her.

"Your posssed hin! Stay back!" He cried before running into the Ladies Rest.

Pain again lanced through her as he took off but Drudoc held herself back from taking hostile action against him. She took a deep breath before eyeing the robed man again. He though didnt seem interested in helping and just laughed at her. Drudoc tried to summon the will to scream for him to run but words failed her and she was again pushed aside. By now others had come out several in fact.

A girl with blonde hair approached her and healed Drudoc's wounds. "HER! GET HER!" the voice cried in her mind lancing through her so hard that her nose bleed and she coughed up gobs of blood.

Drudoc in her desperation repeated her story about the taken child to the woman. Part of Drudoc was hoping she would see through the fascade and leave but no it wasnt to be so. Over shouts of "Leave the hin alone!" And "Dont trust her she's possesed!" The girl, Drudoc, and another headed for the forests.

"ONLY ONE GIRL!" The voice snapped thorugh her mind and she fell to her knees soon after helped back up by the woman.

"Urghh thanks, wolves must have gotten be harder then I thought." She said with a weak smile. Sadly to Drudoc's captured mind it only further gained the womans trust.

Drudoc then turned to the man and tried to convince him to leave saying that a simple wolf pack could be dealt with by just herself and the woman. But despite her best efforts it wasnt to be and the man followed anyhow as Drudoc continued on with both in tow.

Soon though Drudoc felt what control she had slip away and realized to her utter horror she was simply an observer of her actions. The man started to shout to the woman to not trust her saying that she was a werewolf among other things. Drudoc's head cocked to the side with a sneer on her lips as she took note that the man hid behind a rock.

"Hungry?" the woman asked.

Drudoc's head moved to the woman and sneered with a sly grin. "Hungry?" She paused a moment. "Yes...a little."

"If thats the case there are dear just a small trek back the way we came...." She started to say before Drudoc cut her off.

Her gaze drifted to a shadowy figure among the trees and she pointed to him, soon after unleashing a wave of shocking energy towards him and striking the elf down. Inside her mind Drudoc struggled to regain control any control of her body but it was utterly useless.

Then as the man approached again intent on her destruction it seemed Drudoc's hand again did similar though this time the man fell to the ground rolling about grabbing his head in pain. "URGH! My head my head!" He kept screaming.

Drudoc's head impassively moved towards the woman as well and soon she was laid out flat on her back, the torch and weapon she carried fallen away.

To Drudoc's possesed mind she sensed another then trying to ward her mind against what was going on but it was useless. Her mouth snapped and growledin his direction soon sniffing him out and locating the person. "You better hide human!" She snapped. Then delivered a devasting punch to his mid section crashing him back against the wall with a thud.

Drudoc's body then moved of its own accord and took the woman by the hair and started to drag her along the forest floor. Inside her mind Drudoc struggled trying every last trick she could think of to summon the will to let the woman to run free. Her efforts though in that manner were in vein but she did summon up enough to get her up and comfortably walking again instead of being drugged along the forest floor.

Soon the two reached her Grove, and Drudoc felt her mind become once more her own except with a few restrictions. She couldnt fight the vampire that now stood before her, nor could she without effort resist him. With hard kick across her face Drudoc went flying to the ground, her jaw bleeding heavily from the strike. Drudoc coughed and spat blood from her mouth, then looked to the woman, who seemed far calmer then she would have given her credit for. "I'm sorry about this miss. It wasnt something of my own free will." She said.

"Will you kill me now?" the woman asked looking at Drudoc.

The vampire then fully came into apperanace near the woman and he finished her question. "No...she wont..."

Drudoc tried in vein twice to summon the will to attack first the vampire then the woman and finally tried to ward her mind but failed in every attempt. Meanwhile to her credit the woman was resisting the vampire but it was a losing fight and soon his teeth sunk into her neck. "NO!" Drudoc cried out as the vampire fed on her draining her of her blood and life force.

Drudoc looked about despertely for something to do anythign to help the woman. But again despite her best efforts she was powerless to do anything. The vampire then stood and wiped his face clean of the fresh blood, before disapearing into the night. Drudoc then rushed over to her and infused her body heavily with postitive energy. Relief flushing through her that the woman was still alive.

"Step back from her thrall!" A voice snapped from nearby.

Drudoc didnt reconize the voice but did as was asked. A summoned mastiff soon appeared snapping at her arm and warding her back further still. "It wasnt my choice!" drudoc said despertly but the words were to no avail as she saw the woman carried off and the mastiff disapaer.

Tired, worn, weary, and feeling defeated Drudoc trudged out of her grove then. She barley made it three steps out when she heard off to her right. "THERE!" a voice shouted only to soon after have an arrow fly by her head. The way Drudoc felt right now she would have hoped the arrow would have killed her but whoever the owner was was not a good shot. Slowly the forms of a half-elf and an elf she reconized came into view. "Alwrr" She thought reconizing him

It took some time but eventually she explained what was going on to her. Alwrr seeming quite concerned and the half-elf not seeming to give a damn, more finding it to be a game. A brief fight broke out between Alwrr and the half-elf in an act of self defense Alwrr struck the man down. But Drudoc took note that he seemed regretful of the action and also releived when Drudoc was able to revive the man. He took off howling threats to Alwrr leaving the two alone for the time being.

Drudoc warned Alwrr that she was a threat now, both to others, her friends, and loved ones. And she couldnt risk others getting hurt do to her foolishness. Briefly the thought came through Drudoc's mind to simply destroy herself here and now. There by ensuring her friends safety and those she helped as well. Then she thought of her family and stood her thoughts. "No for now they need me more then my own dangers." She thought letting the slowly building harmful energies build in her hands fade away.

Drudoc stood then and looked to Alwrr. "If I end up showing up again in the outskirts tonight I want you to do me a favor...." She started to say but soon got cut off as she felt a pain rack her mind.

She gritted her teeth in frustration and sighed. "Yes friend of calor named Drudoc?" Alwrr asked in his unsual way of speaking.

"Nevermind...forget it." she said softly and then headed back for Deganway.

She felt Alwrr's eyes on her for a time after she left but soon went upstairs to her children. There she found both still under the effects of her sleep blessing and to worried about them to do otherwise with a snap of her fingers let the blessing fall away letting them rise as they naturally would. Drudoc then looked hopefully into her room hoping her lover and friend would be there but it wasnt meant to be.

Slowly as Drudoc undressed there was a knock at her door. "Drudoc?" Came a familar elven voice.

"Yes?" Drudoc replied finishing pulling on her relaxation robes. "Come in Ren'dalia"

After a moment Ren'dalia entered the room and looked at the halfling mother in concen. "You were gone for many hours. Is everything ok?" She asked genuine concern lanced in her voice.

Drudoc's mind screamed for her to tell Ren'dalia the truth but she just couldnt. Putting on her best positive face she smiled convincingly. "Yes, just ended up taking a longer walk then I oringally intended. Everythings fine dear, but..." Drudoc paused a moment adjusting her hair. "Thansks for the concern."

Sadly to Drudoc the Elf woman nodded belivng her. "Damn me and my convincing ways." She thought cursing herself again and again for learnign to persuade others to her body language and words.

With that the elf woman left Drudoc to her own devices. As the door shut Drudoc curaled up into the small bed which only days before had held such hope for the older halfling woman. Now Drudoc just cried, and cried. Till there were no tears left. After that she bled from her tried eyes. And after that was done Drudoc finally sat up and summoned the darker energies inside her. Her hand glowed a blood red as the energies coursed forth. Finally she finished the spell and placed it over her heart, and released the energies, and without another moment everything went black.

OOC: Again great job with Threstral. :)

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
Drudoc now close in her fifties after many months and years passing stood amongst the woods. Over the passing time she had met nimia and eventually through lies convinced the now ghoul woman to trust her.

The two soon came together in the cool morning air sitting amongst a small stair case attached to a small set of ruins. The two exchanged looks and tales of what they had been up to since last they met so long ago.

Finally as Nimia seemed to fully let her guard down against any threats Drudoc stood. "You know Nimia, I was once told  a story." She said.

"Oh?" Nimia replied. "Do go on."

"Yes in this story two friends stood by each other through thick and thin, till one day one of them realized that the other was just having there friendship as an illusion so they could gain strength and power." Drudoc took a breath then. "...I'm sorry Nimia but in this story its time for the illusion to end."

"Wha- ARGH!" Nimia got out only to cry in pain as Drudoc spun unleashing a blinding blast of searing light directly into Nimia's chest.

"...Forgive me, but this is the only way." Drudoc said tears streaming down her cheeks as she prepared to finish the job.

Nimia pain racked across her face looked directly into Drudoc's eyes. "...Drudoc..." Was all she got out before the divine light connected with her ghoulish form once more. And she laid still her form burning and hissing from the blasts of postive energy.

Approaching carefully in case of a trick Drudoc prepared one more blast this one of a hammer like blow of divine light. Bringing it down onto the corpse with thundering strikes. Nimia's body briefly twitched before failing to move any more. Hefting the burned corpse onto her shoulders Drudoc called up the divine energies of the morninglord into herself and took off at a heavy run her muslces and endurance bulging with the prayers.

Safely reaching the temple she informed Lizuca what occured and what she had done. Lizuca went on to explain that it would be several days till they could properly dispose of the body and offered to hold onto it for the time being. "No..." Drudoc said taking out a magical bag and stuffing Nimia's remains into it much to the horror of the on lookers. "...No I shall hold onto her."

"As you wish mother Drudoc." Lizuca said as Drudoc headed from the temple once more.

As the cool coming night air hit her face Drudoc felt the tears get blown away. "...Forgive me my friend, but all things come to an end." She said softly before heading back into the forests depths.

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
OOC: for effect if you got it requiem for a dream pm me for a link to a hosted midi version thats free if you want it

Drudoc walked out of the charity house a few days later leaning heavily on her well crafted oaken staff. Iliie had spoken to her at length about a variety of things and convinced her that lugging Nimia's body around while waiting for her final destruction was endangering both herself and her children. To that end she had entrusted Nimia's remains to the priest, added to this was Drudoc's decision to move her children and herself into the charity house for safety reasons, most mainly due to her being controlled by a vampire.

She glanced skyward taking note of the coming night and moved carefully out of the city gates. Eventually she reached the outskirts temple and went inside. She prayed briefly for a time her heart feeling empty in a way. Maybe it was the guilt of stringing Nimia along for so long and then betraying the trust she felt she could place in the halfling priest. "I am a betrayer.." She said softly in halfling closing her eyes briefly and the images of pain and hurt on Nimia's face before Drudoc ended her undeath life seared inside her mind.

"Drudoc..." she heard whispered in Nimia's voice insider her head. She shook her head to clear it before rising again.

Slowly she stood gathering herself noting a few ragged looking band of people emerging from the crypts. Making her way over she looked up at the two humans. "Trouble?" she asked

"Aye those undead be giving us a beating down there." One said.

Drudoc nodded slightly an odd feeling passing over her for a brief moment as she blessed herself, Drudoc though just shook it off and headed down. While no fighter she was able to use a few minor blessing to imbue herself with the needed strength to turn back the handful of zombies that were around. Making her way into the center though turned into a shock and surprise. There stood a few warriors and archers as well as a deadly looking wight. The worse part was the scent of magic she felt from another undead that stood in the center of it all leering at her.

What occured next Drudoc was sure about. Pain racked her body and she suddenly felt weaker blacking out.

A solid blow then hit her ribs as she came around with a groan. "Wake up hin!" a hissing voice spoke. Drudoc carefully opened her eyes and looke dup into the empty orbs of an elven figure and standing nearby a hulking massive form of another. Both Drudoc could tell were undead in some fashion but more then that she could divine.

A quick assement of herself found that her own strength was greatly sapped from whatever they had done to her.

Soon the beatings started, pain wracking her frail frame, then as suddenly as it started it ended. "...Submit to the will of the blood god dawn dog...pray to him for forgiveness and this will end." The elven figure said

Drudoc shook her head slowly wiping blood from her mouth. "...Forget it, my will will not be broken but such taunts and treatment, nor would I ever give into betraying my faith to the morninglord." She said defiently.

Then with surprising speed the hulking and towering figure moved towards her with hands larger then her own head she was lifted and slammed against the wall like a cloth rag doll repeatly. The back of her head bleed heavily down her back and face. She coughed again as she was again demanded to submit. "...ne....never..." Drudoc got out blinking away an ooze of blood from her left eye.

"SSS....Look at yoursssself hin, yousss are old....weak. Anssdd where issss your god?" The elven figure crouched down towards her draining further the life energy inside Drudoc as she was coughing in a fit from a gaseous attack.

Coughing a spasming Drudoc shook her head feebly. "Forget it....you will not break me...I refuse to give in." She said with a wheeze.

The elven figure sighed slightly standing back up. As the gaseous spell faded away, Drudoc's hand snaked out coming to rest on the figures foot. Her hand felt the clammy dirt death feel of what remained of the elf's foot. Drudoc fought back the urge to vomit focusing herself inwards a moment. The action seemed to bring both undead to a pause in their brutal treatment of her. To reinforce the impression of giving up. With her guard down Drudoc chanted softly under her breath using the last bit of her postive divine energies into postive energy. Not to heal herself, but to harm the elven woman and show her that she would not give in, no matter what.

A cry of pain hissed forth from the elven woman as she stepped back, through pained gritted teeth Drudoc spat out. "...I am who I am, nothing you do to me will EVER change that." She said, with those words she felt herself again drug upwards by the massive undead brute. It came back to slam her face to pulp or least it seemed that way to Drudoc when the door to the small hallway they were in burst open. Through bloodied eyes Drudoc looked in that direction seeing a halfling figure come inside. And through her pain as she was dropped to the ground she recognized the voice. "...Dribo?" Then her soft voice spoke something and the elven undead replied. "They are coming?...Very well. SSsss" She said.

The next short time was lost to Drudoc all she could remember was being carried by someone, and lulling out about Dribo's betryal of the rescue party to the undead.

When next she woke she felt her left shoulder being treated to as she lay on a cot. "Relax miss halfling, your shoulder is infected by some vial and evil poison." A man said whom Drudoc did not recognize. Slowly the memory of the brute biting into her shoulder and tearing away flesh came to her. And worry burst through her frail body. "...Infection!" She gasped out.

Yoshinaka and a handful of others Drudoc did not recognize came over shortly there after. And Drudoc explained what she wished. "..Yoshinaka, remove my arm...it is the only sure way to ensure the infection does not spread." She said her tone on the verge of panic. She could resist any demands made on her by the undead. But if she became one of them that resistance would ebb away to nothing. She couldnt risk it.

"I have another solution Mother Drudoc, one not so drastic. If it fails to work then I shall honor your request and remove your arm." Yoshinaka replied. Drudoc nodded slowly to tired to argue. By this time the Ezrite Nell Ward had come over. The two had shared a brief time talking a few evenings back and the halfling woman had taken an instant liking to the human woman despite their differing faiths.

Keeping her eyes focused on her arm she watched Yoshinaka prepare focusing all his will and energy into the task ahead of him. Faster then her eyes could track he made three swift cuts. Each impact slicing away the infected flesh and the postive divine energies from the blessed blade lending healing to the drained halfing's body. Eventually the pain became to much for her to bare and she blacked out. When next she awoke she found her shoulder bound and healed. Nell finishing a restoration and regeneration spell.

"How do you feel?" She asked Drudoc.

Drudoc eyed her shoulder. "Tender, beaten, bloodied, drained. But better." she replied. Nell gave a nod and with aide Drudoc got to her feet leaning on her oaken staff heavily.

After being escorted back to the charity house where both her children were glad to see her. Drudoc closed the doors to her quarters went over to the bed, blew out the candle and fell quickly alseep.

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
Re: Drudoc Andermidt- Memories- It all comes down to this
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2008, 01:51:11 PM »
A week later Drudoc came out of the charity house and made her way to the outskirts temple shortly after first light. She prayed for a short time before noticing Dribo sitting on one of the benches. Hobbling over she asked softly if she could speak to her.

"Go ahead miss." Dribo replied.

Drudoc took a seat next to her laying the oaken staff next to her. The two then spoke at length, Drudoc trying to convinced the angered halfling that what she was doing would destroy her with her dealings with the undead. "I dont hate anyone, and I only did what I had to to survive." Dribo replied afterwards.

Drudoc sighed faintly shaking her head. "...If I were you I wouldnt be concerned with others, rather yourself instead." Dribo went on Drudoc faintly picking up the tone of anger in her soft voice.

"Dribo, just think on what I said. These deals will only in the end destroy you. What Sam and I shared one night was a mistake, something I to a degree regret doing in a moment of weakness." She said softly to Dribo.

"I'm not angry at you, I just do what I have to to survive." Dribo replied

Drudoc gave the other halfing a pained sorrowful look then shook her head taking up her staff in her hands and stood up. "Just think on what I said Dribo. Do as you wish, you are who you are, I wont try to force a chance inside you. That must come from within. Be safe and may the Dawn's light watch over your safety." Drudoc said then glancing to the front taking note of concerned looks from Yoshinaka and Hortaiu she made her way outside. She glanced skywards then noting that after her conversastion and prayers that it was now around noon time.

Feeling hunger stab through her stomach she made her way to the Ladies Rest. Radu seeming in a good mood today for once got the door for the old halfling priestess. "Thank Radu." Drudoc said with a faint smile handing the brute of a man 20 gold. "...For your troubles."

Radu took the offered coins with a cock eyed smile then returned to his post after shutting the front door behind the hallfing. She hobbled inside looking around then with a studied gaze noting Sam sitting at a table. He looked up to her with his usual grin coming over to her. "...Afternoon luv." He said.

"And to you Sam, do you have some spare time to speak?" She asked gesturing up the stairs as she approached Bianca who was wiping off some dishes giving both halflings a careful once over.

"Sure..." He replied. To which Drudoc nodded.

"A key Bianca, and a small plate of potatoes please." She asked paying for the room and plate after receiving them after a short wait.

Both halflings made their way up the stairs then to the furtherest room to the right of the stairs. Sam with his monk training moving faster and steady footed the Drudoc who huffed a bit. "...Sam slow down I aint as young as I used to be." She said.

"Ya, aint old luv." He replied, to which Drudoc just rolled her eyes at the comment entering the room as he opened it.

To exchanged pleasant coversation for a short time while Drudoc ate. Catching up on what had occured the past week. "Dribo wants ya dead lass." Sam said then.

"...I know..." Drudoc replied, "...even spoke to her briefly before coming in here."

"Proably even wants me too." Sam added.

Drudoc again nodded. "...She does what she has to to survive. Despite what she says she wants me dead. Maybe we should give her and the undead what they want."

"Ells?!" Sam said in shock seeming not to belive what she said.

Drudoc held up a hand. "...only an act you see, make them belive I am dead, with their attention focused elsewhere then I can focus on better bringing them down." She explained briefly outlining her plan to Sam.

Sam shook his head. "..Everyone just wants to go off dieing like some hero lately. I say ya nuts for this idea." He said.

Drudoc gave a half convincing smile. "...Just trust me ok?...Just as the morninglords plans be hard to figure out at times so to are mine." She said, then setting her plate down made her way over to the door letting Sam by to open it. "Keep safe Sam, everything will work out in the end."

With that Drudoc headed back down stairs as Sam went over to mingle with a group of human, elven women, and Drudoc noted Dribo. "...well evening lasses." Sam said but the rest was lost to her as she headed downstairs.

Heading out the door Drudoc noted that night was soon going to be falling but by her estimates she should have enough time to get to Deganway to get the last of her possessions from the room she had there if she rode a willing deer or stag. Finding no nearby creatures to perform such duties she made her way into the forests south of Valiki. As she came to approach a passing deer that soothed at her touch, Drudoc started to prepare to mount its back when the creature suddenly reared in fright backing away.

Drudoc glanced about trying to see what had spooked the deer which soon ran off. "..What the?" Drudoc barely got out but soon felt something solid slam into her head making her stagger from the blow, but not quite enough to knock her out, merely stun her.

Being lifted with ease then jostled as who had her carried her swiftly into the forests depths, the scent of overwhelming death assaulted her nose making her gag and groan in disgust. Her head smacked against a tree branch as the undead person ran causing pain to rack through Drudoc's head. "URGH!" She groaned.

Soon water splashed her face as the being ran through a shallow stream. Off to there left a wolf howled at the passing intruders to its realm. But the smack to her head prevented Drudoc from trying to communicate a call for aide from the beast.

Eventually Drudoc's head cleared and she felt the oddly familar scent of evil wash over her as they entered a far darker and deeper region of the forest. "...The ruins of the monastery with Gilos." Drudoc's mind briefly thought having spent many days, and weeks here in an effort to free the spirits of the curse that lay here.

Eventually they entered the main ruins. "...So what now?..More torture in a futile effort to break me?" Drudoc asked as the forms pace slowed to a walk. She tried to struggle free but her aged frame was to weak for the undead's greater strength.

"...No hin, the sssspirts here will feed on you, drainsss you of your life. Ssssomehow you yet are mortal dessspite the bite." Drudoc recognized the voice as the undead 'seer' elf from before.

Drudoc replied defiance in her voice. "...So sorry to disappoint."

"...Not disapointment, I enjoy a challengessss" The undead replied then dragged her into the main hallway tossing her down in front of the spirited form of a wraith.

Drudoc who wore only her clergy robes slowly stood carefully. Holding her hands up slowly in a relaxed posture and the spirit eyed her. "...Let me help you, please dont attack me. You remember me dont you?" She said trying to will the spirit to remember but the only response she got in reply was a swing at her shoulder which sent her sprawling to the ground.

Drudoc cursed in halfling and stood again drawing her oaken staff which slowly extended to its full length. Drudoc chanted quickly imbuing it with divine energies. "...Stop this! It is I! Drudoc?! I've worked so hard to try and free you all." Drudoc tried again desperately as she weakly fended off another blow to her body. Hearing another groan from behind Drudoc glanced back only to get smacked twice from another trio of spirits.

Drudoc did what she could to fend off their attacks delivering painful strikes of her own in reply. Then felt cold deadly fingers touch her shoulder when her back was turned. And felt the life ebb from her body weakening her as the undead elf drained her. "...Drain her spirits she lies! Only to destroy you in the end." The elf commanded.

"No!," Drudoc cried desperately. "...I've done everything I could to free you all, risked my own soul to..arghh.." She cried in pain as a flurry of renewed attacks hit her making her stagger back bloodied. Drudoc realized she couldnt fight off the spirits much longer in this passive nature. She sighed ducking under a swing and chanted softly directing the call of divine hammer blows almost right down on top of herself. The searing light blinded her for a moment, and when the light faded she found only herself and the elf undead standing there alone.

Injured and drained from the fight Drudoc weakly slumped back against the pillar. Slowly dawning realized on her what the elf woman was. "A wight." She thought.

It advanced on her slowly so confident in her strength of undeath. "...Ssssurender hin, pray to the Blood God for sssalvation" She hissed crouching down low knocking away Drudoc's staff.

Drudoc wiped away her blood, the wight just keeping out of reach of the length of her arm to prevent a trick like last time. "...Forget it," Drudoc spat out sliding up with drained strength to lean against the pillar.

"..Sadek wishes you as his own, a ghoul." The elf said. "..I thought want you for my own when you die it shall be as my slave that you rise."

Drudoc let out a faint weak laugh, the action seeming to surprise the wight. "...Cant you see the foulness you've fallen to?, You undead call yourselves superior, yet even now you fight amongst yourselves jostling for power and position. What type of life, even undead life is that? Where is your superiority?" Drudoc spat out before continuing. "...Sure we living folks aint perfect, we fight amongst ourselves for our own reasons but yet when the chips are down we band together to fight for preserving our lives."

"Silence hin!" The wight spat out.

Drudoc gave another inward chuckle feeling she had hit a sour spot. "...Why? because you might think I'm right? Because despite your thoughts of being better then me the only time you undead band together is when your afraid of someone?..or bands of someone? Then go back to our squabbling natures?" Drudoc said again "..Attempt it wight, your afraid of me, and everything I am...your...-arrgh!" The elven wight suddenly shot forward grabbing Drudoc with her fist after a solid blow and lifting her with strength and slamming her against the pillar. "SSSILENCE!" She shouted. "...Pray to the blood god, and ssssubmit!"

Blood trickled down her forehead from the blow onto the deathly hand. Drudoc weakly grinned coughing out through a wheeze. "...Hard to pray when you want me to be silent."

Suddenly she again cried out in pain as the wights razor nails dug deep into her shoulder that had so recently been worked on, pain lancing through her body and still more of her frail life energy ebbing. She felt herself being dropped then with a thud and another figure moved close. This one hulking and familiar. "..Ssssomehow she sssurived your bite." The wight said to the hulking form.

"...She is not dead yet." The massive hulk replied.

Drudoc just sat still her body weak from what had occurred. "...The Dawn's light purified your taint beast. So sorry to disappoint." She spat out weakly.

Again with his massive hands she was lifted, and the beast leered in. "..Really?" He said the puttied breath washing over her making her gag. Then with a massive bite bit into her shoulder in the same spot again tearing away flesh and again infecting the area. Before tossing her aside again

Drudoc could feel the burning sensation wash through her this time as the putrid blood and saliva coursed through her veins. There would be no curing her body this time. Drudoc thought momentarily. Somehow she had to get one of these two to destroy her. Being lifted again this time by the elf wight, "...Sssubmit hin, let your sssurfering end. Embrace the Blood Godsss will."

Drudoc worked up a gob of fleem, blood and spit and spat at the wights eyes. "....Never...." Drudoc said having given the last of her divine strength in imbuing the spit with positive energy in essence forming holy spit water. In pain she was thrown back against the pillar landing in a heap. Drudoc though summoning through sheer will kept focused. "...Look at yourselves. Each of you wants me for your own ends. Each wanting to corrupt the divine energies I wield for your own sick goals." she caught the look from the one known as Sadek to the Wight. "...ah you didnt know did you?" She said to the massive hulk "..how she wants me as her own pet? How can you get your own pet ghoul if she has me hmm?" She inquired. Drudoc's mind raced with the faint hope that perhaps she could turn the two against each other.

"Silence hin!" The wight said Drudoc catching a faint bit of nervousness from the tone. "..Good she's scared." She though but didnt let the emotion show.

"...Why? because you dont want your friend here to learn about what you planned? What are you afraid of?" Drudoc said watching as the hulking figure moved closer to the wight who stood her ground. Again the faint hope that the two were about to fight which would enable Drudoc to escape rose. Then soon faded as the two exchanged brief whispered words and the hulk nodded moving towards her again.

Massive fists enclosed around her neck slowly squeezing the air from her. "...Submit..." The beast said as if implying this was her last chance. Drudoc wheezed out. "...N..no" Then as if expecting this it dug into her shoulder again feasting with a frenzzy. Drudoc summoned up all she had in the vein attempt to escape. With the hulking figure occupied with her shoulder and close to her neck she was able to slip through with the blood flowing freely. She staggered back gaining her footing blood pumping from the critical wound

Drudoc made a staggered dash to escape but already the blood lose was getting to her and she dizzy staggered forward. Only to feel a massive hand grip her. Pain again lanced through her this time the bite tearing into her neck and with a sickening snap Drudoc felt her body snap and twitch. Her brain briefly registered through her bloodied eyes a view of her head hanging by a thread of sinew and muslce before the last bit of life ebbed from her, and everything went black.

====

From down the hall came the angered caws of a large hawk flapping towards the brutish hulk. It was soon smacked aside by the limp dead body of Drudoc by the beast its life to crushed away in a blink of an action. A few feathers stuck inside the bloodied boots of the dead halfilng woman. As the last visages of blood ebbed out of her neck.

Then silence rained down on the ruins, from a dark corner one of the spirits watched the scene. This spirit recalling through its shattered pained existence the help the halfling imparted on it and two others so many times. A mortal risking it all to help someone that was beyond help. The three spirits dashed from the dark shadows to the wight attacking in anger. The three spirits were soon turned aside and destroyed by the magical abilitiest the wight held.

A blood trail led out of the ruins staining the ground around the entrance while both undead looked about. Then proceeded into the depths of the cursed forest around it.

=======

Hours later a shallow grave dug. Six small red roses grew from the earth. There growth accelerated by some unseen force to grow from the pockets of the buried corpse to full grown roses with in just a handful of hours after burial in the earth.

As both undead walked away from the shallow grave each with their own thoughts, each seemed to recall something the now dead halfling priestess had said. "...No matter what you do to me you can never change who and what I really am. I have done far to much good in this land and when I die I shall die knowing I left it a better place."

=======

So not with a bang but a whimper the end so suddenly came to the halfling priestess known as Drudoc. Back in the Charity House of Valiki two four year old twins cared for by the light carriers and priests now after a week of missing cried for their mother. The only answers they gave in reply to them, "...Trust in the Morninglord little ones, soon your mother shall return."

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2008, 12:28:44 AM »
Two weeks later back in Drudoc's grove a small Raven digs a tiny bag holding a waxed letter inside it. It slowly takes flight seeming to search the lands intently for an image of an elf that was ingrained in its mind as it was taught to do. The training echoed in the raven's mind. "...If ever I do not return after two weeks time absent, find Luna give this to her." Drudoc's words echoed.

It took many days and nights of searching but eventually the small raven found the elf near the northen lake. It cawed to her several times before coming to rest on a log and dropping the sealed bag. Then with another caw took flight once more into the Barovian sky.

OOC: check your pms for the message luna ;)

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2008, 11:11:35 PM »
Many weeks passed further and soon the stench of rotting meat waifed over the area attracting the scavengers nearby. However they were unable to fully get at the halflings body

Floating over the area a pained spirit watched the scene. Pained cries echoed forth around the area the cries scaring off the scavengers and other little wildlife in the cursed forest. A tug on her felt a draw towards the ruins at the top of the hill. Despite it all torment would not end for the halfling woman who had given so much to so many and asked for so little in return.

Some people say you can not change what happens, that destiny is forever channeled into what you do and how you are. To Drudoc's pained spirit now trapped in the forest destiny took a change for the worse in her case. Despite forever fighting the good fight, in Drudoc's end she found herself trapped and imprisoned with the very sprits she sought to help. The spirit of the halfling knew the forms of the ones that had wronged her though. And if they showed she would strike. Time was now eternal for her now. And eventually someone would come by and perhaps if she could keep her sanity together she could help in some way.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 09:28:23 PM by Ryltar/ Robert Archer »

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2008, 12:35:19 AM »
Days, perhaps even weeks passed for the ghostly form of Drudoc. In vein she tried to escape the grip the forest held on her but to no avail. It seemed to her ghostly mind that the curse that infested the area had now pulled her into its grasp. Occasionally she watched the unfolding drama of gilos and the monk spirits fighting each other. Sometimes during lose of focus on who and what she was she would join the eternal fighting. Sometimes winning more then often losing only to reform once more.

Each time she did so it was harder and harder for Drudoc to remember who and what she was in life. Each death broke away a piece of who she was. Then one day while her spirit drifted aimlessly around the entrance area to the monastery a elven figure moved inside the ruins. For a brief moment Drudoc's spirit felt the urge to attack the form but then something inside her clicked as the figure removed a helmet revealing the face.

"...Familar....that face." She thought, studying it intently trying to rack her faded memories to recall the name. Then cried out in a pained echo as it clicked. "...LUUUNNNA"

"What?" Luna said looking around. "...dont worry mister gilos I will end your suffering soon!" With that the elven priest ran down the stairs to which Drudoc's spirit floated along following the elf.

Drudoc tried to maintain her focus on Luna, she felt a brief surge of hope that maybe if she could somehow get luna to see or reconize her then luna could find her and save her from this horrible fate.

Time passed slowly for Drudoc as she watche Luna fight the spirits. Ocassionally she let out a pained wail to which Luna took this as a sign of pain from the spirits and not seemed to reconize Drudoc's voice.

Finally though Luna reconized the pained voices for who they were and with effort and focus Drudoc's spirit was able to lead her to where her body was. Darkness though overveiled her as Luna dug. Then sudden at the end of the darkness there was a familar voice, Luna's begging her to come back and help her that no matter what she wasnt going to give up on her. Drudoc's fading spirit answered the call tugged back away from the darkness by the desperation in her friends voice. "Your time is not done yet Drudoc! Please come back to me my friend!" And so Drudoc came but not without a price
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 01:21:47 PM by Ryltar/ Robert Archer »

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
Re: Drudoc Andermidt- As the sun sets darkness rises
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2008, 05:33:04 PM »
Inside her mind she floated, emptiness, only the basics known. Days and days went by then two weeks. Drudoc laid and slept for the most part her mind and empty shell. Luna had saved her but at the price of all her memories and knowledge except for the basics. Still Luna stayed by her side, and protected her, watched over her. Taught her, slowly she learned to speak in basics phrases, slowly she relearned to walk and do things on her own. Luna told her how good a person she was, what she had done, who she had helped yet these things just frustrated Drudoc. She knew none of these things. How could she have done these things and not recall them?! It angered her, frustrated her, made her feel weak.

Then came the days with an elf named Calor, who said she and he were close friends, lovers, companions. That they had shared so much but it pained him to see her like this, yet that he knew that in time her memories would return and they could continue with what they shared. Still nothing, just emptiness, no feelings, no relation, no memories. Nothing. Finally during one meeting she got so angry she shouted and slapped Calor. Telling him in her own broken speech to leave, and with the forceful help of Luna he did.

Luna calmed her down explaining that how she felt now would be healed.  But that she had to leave for a few days and would return soon. And then they would go to a place called Deganway and all would be better. That night though as Drudoc laid staring at the ceiling where she laid a silent presense filled the room. One of death and decay but also masked by a sweeter scent.

"Hiisssss" A femine raspy voice said. "...you live...." the voice sounded surprised. "..sssso the rumorsss were true."

Drudoc just looked up confused at the hooded figure. "...Hmm? Lady know...Drudoc?" She asked in her broken speech.

The figure nodded slowly. "...Yesss but Drudoc isss not your name no...Kara isss your name" The figure said.

Drudoc cocked her head to the side. "..Kara?" she said then felt a chill wash over her as the figure chanted something in a strange tongue. Suddenly a part of her seemed to accept the name and she nodded slightly. "...yes remember dru...kara think."

The figure then spoke some to Drudoc laying down what had happened. But before she could go into any real detail they were interupted.

"...Yuv know people live here." A man said events went quickly and drudoc saw flashes of lights and magics dance around the room. "...Into my room Drudoc!" the man shouted. Drudoc felt compelled to follow and did so hiding under the bed.

Later after everything was settled and had been given a talking to by the man named illie and bach Drudoc now sat on the large bed in the one room. Luna sat next to her talking to her soothingly. Drudoc in a way felt like a child, yet despite all her anger and frustrations at her predicament she felt safe around Luna. And even with her horrible off tone singing soon fell into a light sleep

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2008, 12:50:45 PM »
Weeks later Drudoc was more or less back to her orginal self, Luna had found her journal and Illie had read it to her. From start to finish. Her children were happy to see her up and about and also having been given back there mother after so long. Drudoc though also at times ended up meeting the undead named Yves, at times when she was on her own. Perhaps not the smartest thing to do, yet she felt somehow compelled to  'see the other side of the coin' as she said one time to her. Drudoc came to understand the strength the undead had. She realized that no matter how strong the clergy got they were infinetly outnumbered, outskilled, and outmatched in so many ways.

So like Celurion before her she made a deal, her deal may have been more damning to her then what Celurion did but she didnt care. She had to protect her friends and allies as best she could. So one night as she prepared for bed grooming her self to a spit clean shine and grace. Instead of praying to the morninglord as she had for so long. This night she prayed to the Blood God. She felt the darkness seep inside her at the prayers. But she didnt care. Her deal meant her friends, especially Luna were safe. "...I give all that I have for there protections, Eternal one. And though it may damn so many others, my fate is sealed and even if it means my friends are safe but for a short time. My faith to the Dawn is gone. Now, my faith resides in you, for eternal more."

When Drudoc awoke the next morning she noticed her apperance seemed more youthful, and her doubts from before of what she had done were gone. The Blood God had blessed her and answered her prayers, and she knew that her choice had been the right one. Now all she had to do was keep it secret.

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2008, 09:49:25 PM »
Drudoc sat in Deganway with her two children, happy and content for the first time in a while. She expected soon enough things would come about one way or another, they always did.  Since her earliest days here in Barovia she had always fought the good fight, from fighting Isu in a hopeless battle of wits and strength, to her Four Pillars group of fighting evil with Dorin, Miranda, and Elsin, to her fighting with Nimia, to fighting with Yves, Sadek, and the other hordes of undead. She was just tired of it all. Good, Evil, a Balance, all of it she was sick and tired of it. Her mind was finally convinced the only way to do the 'greater good' was to sacrifice a few lives here and there. If one person had to die to save a group of six. So be it, if she had to kill that same six later for getting in her way to save that one that died before. So be it.

Drudoc sighed at her last bits of rambling thoughts. Her children slept peacefully near by, so innocent, so peaceful, so untouched by the pain there mother had suffered for them. From comign to barovia with child with them, to losing her husband and two other children to wererats, to all the horrors she had faced in this land for them. She was quite simply hollow, her heart felt nothing but emptiness.

She sighed then again obsessing over a loose lock of hair that fell over her brow then as she laid back resting in the room she had with her children. Once satisifed for now of her looks there was a soft knock at the door. Drudoc went over to answer it. "Yes?" She said to the elven woman that stood before her.

"Ah miss Drudoc." The elf woman named Rendalia said.

Drudoc paused a moment trying to recall the elf woman's name then it came to her. "Ah uh yes Ren'dalia, yes what can I do to help you?"

Ren'dalia nodded. "There is a woman below Mother Samira? Here to see you." the elf said.

Drudoc nodded then "..Sure I'll see her, just a moment." She said closing the door and getting ready.

Drudoc met Samira in the small room in the main area of the Nat Garwyn both sat more or less comfortably on the pillows inside the room. Drudoc had just raised her a few hours before from in the crypts, and was happy to see her up and about. "Blood God, thank you for your saving grace." She mentally said, outwardly a smile to her lips that her new god that so many considered evil allowed her to raise such a close friend. She felt a warm but dark feeling come over her then at that matter mentally promisin got her new god a sarcfice later on for his aide in thanks. "...A young fawn should suffice." She thought.

"So Drudoc, how are you?" Samira asked.

Drudoc shrugged. "...Well enough, yourself?" She said gesturing idly to the bloodied cloth she held.

Samira just sighed, giving Drudoc all the information she needed. "...Yeah I see, death comes to us all eventually hmm?" She said which Samira just nodded to.

The two talked at length then about various matters at hand. At Drudoc decided to try one last time in her life, to find happiness. It was foolish, but, she had to know. So she told Samira how she was worried about her, how everyone she had cared for was now dead, undead, or evil she didnt want to be around them, the fact that she in herself was also 'evil' didnt factor into her feelings. Those that didnt serve the Blood God were his enemies.

But as she expected it was all for nothing, Drudoc expected and wasnt hurt as she normally would have been. "I see, well....Sorry to cause you discomfort, excuse me then." Drudoc said to a surprised Samira, simply getting up and leaving and returning to her room.

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2008, 10:01:38 PM »
Drudoc now sat in a cell at the ayslum, as she had figured it would come about her conversion would be discovered. The fools of the dawn had tortured her, threatening to cut her hair and mar her beauty. Then in there foolish fear of what she would do her supposed 'friends' had tossed her into the ayslum to rot and be forgotten.

Hatred boiled in her, she'd been battered, beaten, raped, and toyed with like some foolish woman by the orderlies. There was one bright spot in Drudoc's stay an interesting girl name Aleena, she had some gift with the mind able to life, manipulate things and the like. She had even helped Drudoc clean herself up to her grateful happiness to wash the filth off her and strech her legs, arms, and jaw. She had promised not to hurt the girl as she had seemed worried of Drudoc doing that seeming to have beliving the lies the others told the girl. "I have two children like yourself you know, a bit younger actually but still." Drudoc said to Aleena softly. "You can read my mind I know, read it now and know that I promise I wont hurt you." Drudoc could feel the girl doing so and finally was free to wash herself, which she thankfully did. Eventually though the time came for her to return to her cell, and despite despertly wanting to free herself, Drudoc held to her promise and willingly did what she could to help the girl once more restrain herself. "Patience and time." Drudoc thought. "They cant hold me here forever."

The days again passed, and the cold seeped into Drudoc's cell. "Coldness, like the forests that Yves killed me in. Lonelyness like the empty heart ache I feel all the time now." She thought softly shifting in her restraints as best she could on the cot to which she laid on. "No one even visits, I'm to rot here and be forgotten something to sweep under the rug of there lies." She thought disdainfully.

Then, Drudoc heard foot steps, and the cell door open. The sudden light from the darkness that was her cell eveloped her eyes. But as she accustomed to the bright light, Drudoc realized that she wasnt perhaps forgotten, and that perhaps someone did care.

An older woman dressed in the Morninglords robes hobbled inside the door soon closing behind her leaving both in a muted darkness. "Hello Drudoc." A gentle familar voice said.

Drudoc hid her smile and smirk. "Yes, hello Samira." Drudoc replied, mentally already planning the downfall of one of her closest friends. A few words, a few postures, some emtional show of force of what her 'friends' had done as well as what she had suffered her. Then a quick shape shift to trap Samira here and she would soon twist her to the Blood God. "Yes," She thought. "...He does answer my prayers." She mentally grinned.

"Sit  Samira....we have much to discuss" She said softly putting on her most sadden and beaten face. Samira did so, and slowly Drudoc wove her web of lies and dissent.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 11:14:09 PM by Ryltar/ Robert Archer »

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2008, 04:45:52 PM »
It took a bit longer then Drudoc would have thought but eventually over the days passing with the two now trapped in the cell. Drudoc's corruption of Samaria was complete. She had turned her back on the Dawn. Drudoc had molded the hatred and anger she felt torwards the other morninglordians into a iron grip. With her first prayers to the Blood God he gifted samira with the sight of future seeing, it weakened her body some but both knew the pay offs would be great.

Finally though the day came that they could escape Samira had on her several bone knuckles and vamire elite hearts. Drudoc prayed and summoned a chieften. It took some work at the hacking but soon the door hinges melted and they were free. The two dashed for the bars, Drudoc shifting back from her form as a bear. Then disguised her voice as the oderly named Mary. They were able to trick the guard into opening the gates and then in fearing him made him pass out. Drudoc quickly blasted him with a dark blessing and reanimated his corpse as another chieften which freed them.

Out into the night night Samira and Drudoc ran. To a cave which they could call safe, in the deepest forests of Barovia. There they stayed, gathering there strength for a few days. Where they talked about themselves and their new abilities. Drudoc adjusted her apperance to disguise herself, cutting back her hair and using her magics to transmute her eye color somewhat. She changed her armor too that she had bought disguised her voice. and posture. She still would make sure she was prim and proper of course. She couldnt turn her back on the gifts the Blood god had placed with her.

The one problem she had left was the handful of those that knew her well enough that her disguise would more then likely not work to well. Dorin, Elsin, Miranda, Calor, Ekaterina, they would have to be all dealt with. Either by conversion or death. "...To undeath.." She said softly with a sly girn, savoring the thought of converting such strong people to darkness. "...It would be....so beautiful of work of art." She thought.

Satisifed she and Samira went there seperate ways. Each making there own ways back to Valiki. Drudoc...now Kathryn Blackfoot. Knew that there never again was anyway to turn back what she now was set on

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2008, 11:51:56 PM »
Drudoc prowled the morninglord crypt. Dodging here and there past the undead that she could. She saw no point in destroying them less they threatened her and at the moment that likely wasnt going to happen. She trailed a small band of outlanders, freshly misted it seemed except for one of them a strong barbarian type of man from what Drudoc could tell. "Disgusting manners, and looks though, urgh." She thought wrinkling her nose as she forced herself to touch his foul odored skin to tend to a wound. He would serve well as a sacrifice.

"You going up?" One of the others asked the man.

"No, going to help the halfling here with the lower levels, arent you going to help us?" He asked. Drudoc was mentally hoping they wouldnt, as she was no fighter unprepared, but luck sided with her and the other two left her and the human man to venture on alone.

"Perfect..." She thougth with a sly grin from under her hood.

The man fell easily into her trap lulled to attacking the undead in force and taking many injuried some quite severe  after all was said and done . "Urgh,..." The man said coughign some and leaning heavily on his axe. "Got any more of those healing blessings miss?" He asked.

Drudoc smirked slightly pushing back her hood some. "...Why...yes...indeed I do..." She said coming closer and then resting her hands on his chest as she had done before. She then looked into his eyes and smirked darkly. "...Yes, you shall do nicely." She said then intoned in halfling ripping the mans very life energies from his body, it briefly twitched and then collapsed with a thud into the middle of the ritual circle in the room they were in.

An hour later Drudoc stood panting some and cursing the foul retches of the dawn fools. "Blast it all!" She cursed in halfling. "..Even those crypts are twisted and tainted with there lies." Having performed the ritual and her prayers in an attempt to strength the undead in the crypts but instead being attacked by a doom knight.

Still her prayers were answered. Her beauty and charm had increased further and she felt pleased and quite happy about it. As before her gifts were asked for a portion of her memory. But Drudoc freely gave of it. "..Piff, after all what use is my memory compared to my wondrous divine beauty!" She said smiling brightly.

Frank sat near by her, a fellow halfling she had met and one that she was slowly molding into a protector for herself. She knew that he wanted more from her. A future as he had put it once. Perhaps she might grant him that if he proved himself able to keep him apperance cleaned up. "...Of course there is no way for him to match my divine beauty, no no not a chance. But perhaps if he embraces the Blood God, embraces me as his leader, and if he makes a concentrated effort to keep himself cleaned up. Yes, perhaps, just perhaps then I shall reward him with a night in my bed. A night..." She paused in thought with a slight grin. "...he shall never forget."

A few days past and Drudoc again met up with Samira, this time up north. The two had talked and Drudoc could tell her sly plans to entangle Samira further onto the path she and her were now on was coming to fruition. She could no longer stand hiding her head in a hood. "To stiffling." She had told Samira when they had met and she replied and asked why Drudoc no longer hid her face. "..sides, my beauty deserves being shown off dont you agree?" She said with a charming and alluring smile to Samira

"Indeed my friend you are correct. Such beauty I have never seen even come close to being matched among anyone." She said resting a hand on Drudoc's shoulder to which she beamed brightly.

The two then started discussions about embracing the Blood God's greatest gifts that of eternal life, and how to best further his goals of returning to and embracing the surface world.

"How would you embrace his gifts Drudoc?" Samira said who had to take a moment to reexplain things to Drudoc who's memory had slipped on what they were talking about.

"Oh, well at first I considered as um..." She paused trying to recall the name "..oh yes yves, as yves is as a wight or ghoul but...no I wont risk my beauty being lost, no if I can find a way to embrace eternal life it shall be as a vampire. There I shall live and have time forever more to becoming stronger and find more and more ways to perfect my beauty.  To...to yes yes um make others see me for the charming figure I am, and those that DARE insult me or deny me that right....well..." Drudoc gave a cold grin that even seemed to scare Samira. "They shall feel what the wrath of beauty can give."

Samira just nodded some detailing her own plans eventually. The two eventually parted company each feeling closer to the other on some level, due to there sisterhood as the only two known mortal followers of the Blood God.

Drudoc now sat with her two children Bastion and Hope. The two revolved around her plans for eternal life and beauty, but first she had to get both ready. And to that end she had begun there training as followers of the blood god, for there eventual sacrifice. "Mama?"  Hope asked looking up to her mother some, the two children were now of about five years old in halfling years, Hope have her mothers  more natural charms and Bastion his fathers strength.

"Yes, um....Hope?" Drudoc said with a smile that gave no doubt that her children could trust her words without question.

"Why um, do we have to do all this messy stuff?" She asked gesturing to the sacrificed mink that the two children had been tasked with.

Drudoc smiled slightly. "...Because you two are mama's key to everything, and your faith to the Blood God will mean we all get stronger, and make mama especially happy." She said, Drudoc knew it was a lie through her teeth on some level. And that she was twisting her children just for her own ends. She didnt care though. She just wanted to perfect her beauty and prove her faith to the Blood God.

"Uh huh yes mama! Bastion wants to make mama happy!" Bastion said with a bright happy, innocent and trusting smile.

"Yes, mama, we'll make you happy." Hope said with a similar happy, innocent, and trusting smile.

Drudoc smiled then led her children back into the small grove in the forests they now inhabited.

Soon one way or another her perfection would come about, she may have to sacrifice her children to do it. But Drudoc didnt care, nothing mattered but showing everyone just how great she was. Soon they would see her and marvel at her beauty. And if they didnt they would pay. It was as simple as that.

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2008, 04:47:03 PM »
The time was soon drawing to a close where, her preparations and the ritual would begin. Only a final few things were needed and even those were soon gotten. Drudoc now sat though in her former grove in the forests of Barovia, the raven she had once called friend was not torn apart and eaten by her panther companion, she had lured it to her with the idea of safety and companionship. It soon found out otherwise.

Her panther seemed happy with the meal and purred contently. Recently the panther, a male had begun taking up the mentality that Drudoc had that of keeping itself groomed and cleaned, it made the halfling woman happy to know that even her personality now transferred to her panther companion, still it wasnt perfect and had learned the harsh lesson of dirtying itself at times around her or getting her overly dirty. Usually though Drudoc let this go, it was just an animal after all not able to match the charms she had.

"Mama?" Hope asked after cleaning herself up as Drudoc had drilled into her.

Drudoc paused a moment smiling buying time to recall her daughters name "..ah yes Hope?" She said.

"Mama, why dont the sun man you talk to anymore?" Hope asked innocently refering to her former faith in the Morninglord, Drudoc felt anger at the question but let it pass since her daughter didnt know better.

She dusted her leg off then lifted Hope onto her lap. "..Because mama was hurt by the sun men, they hurt mama and make her suffer and unhappy , and ruin mama's beauty. The Blood man makes mama happy and give her great gifts. You want mama to be happy and beautiful dont you?" She asked with a smile.

"Yes mama,  but why did you talk to sun man before then?" She asked tilting her head some and idly playing with the small doll that Samira had given her a few days before.

"Because mama was foolish, she didnt know better, we all make mistakes um..." Drudoc's mind went blank a moment befor recalling her daughters name. "..Hope yes...we all make mistakes, mama's friend Yves though made mama see through her mistakes and make up from then and learn from them."

"Smelly lady  you mean mama? I dont like her, she gives Bastion and I funny looks and, she stinks too." Hope said wrinkling her nose some.

Drudoc smiled idly brushing her daughters hair some. "..Yes thats true she does stink, but she's special the Blood man lets her see things in advance, so she focus's herself on the inside rather then outside. Does this explain things dear?" she asked.

Hope gave her a blank confused look. "...Um...I guess mama" she said though clearly she didnt understand what her mother had said.

"In either case how are your studies coming along?" she asked refering to the girls part in the ritual.

"Um, ok mama I think I'm ready I can do all that you said I need to." Hope replied now with a smile.

Drudoc smiled brightly to her. "..Good Good, now you go get washed up, it will be soon time to eat and we dont want you dirty for that." She said to which Hope quickly went and did so after a kiss from her mother.

Drudoc smiled some as her daughter washed. Yes she knew in a few days both her children would be dead. But if it worked she wouldnt really care though as then she could have eternal life to better her beauty and mind more and more. Her children were beautiful and strong yes, "..Well, least Hope is." She thought a moment then shrugged combing her hair again. "Though no where as beautiful as I of course, no one is."

Finishing her thoughts and later there meal Drudoc assigned her panther companion to watch the two children while she, Samira, and another walked out to discuss matters. Most of it was bout her but that didnt matter Drudoc enjoyed the compliments. "Soon," She thought. "..one way or another so soon."

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2008, 12:46:40 PM »
Drudoc paced the small grove of trees she now resided in anger clear across her features. The morninglordians it had seemed had somehow found her children and taken them while she was praying not so far away. And when done spirited them away to some secret locale. "Krezek probably." Drudoc hissed in anger fists clenched.  They dared insinuate that she harmed her children that they were in danger with her. That she was harming them, well ok partly she was eventually going to but they didnt know that. She sighed then tiredly rubbing the bridge of her nose some.

Her mind felt like it was fractured in a way, part of her cared nothing but for her beauty and self, another to love and care for her children, and another that just was sick of it all ready to lay down and let things die. She had had years in Barovia, loved, lost, loved again, and fell and rose back to the light to only fall again in an attempt to help others and only get betrayed by those same friends. Some wanted to turn her into the guards as the 'right thing to do', others to turn her away from the path she was on and return her to the 'light', others just wanted to cause her further harm for there own ends, and others to follow her in a trusting manner.

"What does it matter in either case?" She mused softly speaking. "Even if I were to allow myself to return to the 'light' as they call it now the guards would still have me burned for what I did, so what does it matter? If I stay on this path I am on now I shall still get burned if captured." She sighed again combing out her hair the action soothing her greatly in her troubled state. Her original plans for sacrificing her children were gone for the time being, proably forever.

As Drudoc carefully sat on a rock she had cleaned off she rubbed the bridge of her nose some in thought. "What other choice do I have?" She thought. Then it occured to her and she grined slightly. "...Yes, perhaps, just perhaps it shall work."

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2008, 02:00:14 PM »
Days later Drudoc sat along the northern shores of Lake Zarovich knees hugged to her chest as she sat down on a cleaned and polished rock. She had met what was likely the last person she truly trusted and called a friend. Calor, Samira, Yves, Dribo, Frank, Rell, Dorin, Elsin, and others that she once called friends she refused to believe to call them that now. No the last person she trusted was Ekaterina, she among anyone else had sought her out. Taken great strides to assure that she wasn't followed when she did so, and did not try to capture her to turn her in. Nor did she go on and on about religious matters which Drudoc despised in all regards, unless it pertained to the Blood God.

"..I belive you can leave this path your on Drudoc..." Ekaterina said to her during there last meeting. "...you were once a force of goodness for this land, and I know in my heart you can be again."

There conversation had degenerated shortly after and Drudoc came with in a moment of forcing Ekaterina to kill her. "...I could you know..." She said having blessed herself fully, knowing full well she couldnt win against Kate.

Ekaterina stood in front of her not even having drawn her weapon or shield. "...Will you?" She replied.

Drudoc seriously considered it even readied herself to make the first strike, Ekaterina didnt back down. "...Do it then, if you die then I shall bury you away from here in a blessed place and in secret deserving of who you once were..." She continued.

Drudoc stood ready she wanted to do it so badly, end it all, end the suffering. Ekaterina was the last friend she had left though, if she attacked her now, she would burn the last bridge she had left of someone she could trust. "...I told you that I would defend you if you turned away from this path, even against the guard or other people you called friend, you know me Drudoc, know that my word is my bond and honor. Dont do this, put the mace away and back down..." She finished.

Drudoc sighed softly her heart heavy and burdened, she just wasnt sure what to do anymore. Finally she dispelled her blessings and hung her mace and shield away again. "...You would do that?" She asked softly looking into Ekaterina's eyes for any hint of lying.

"...Yes..." Ekaterina said without hesitation, Drudoc one that knew how to read others could see the honesty in her words.

The two then went on for a longer time, exchanging conversation near an old pier. Drudoc just starred at her reflection in the iced water then, struck in awe at her beauty and apperance. "...Look at yourself Drudoc, outside you are beautiful and you want others to see your beauty for what it is inside and out, but now all anyone does upon hearing your name is cringe in fear, or plot to kill you or capture you." Ekaterina said.

"...Whats it up to anyhow?" Drudoc asked.

"...I think 10000 now..." She replied.

Drudoc gave a faint snort shaking her head. "...You could feed alot of starving people with that gold you know, build homes for the homeless, higher teachers for those that need skills, clean up areas of the slums, all you would have to do is take me in." She said to Ekaterina still starring at her reflection in the ice water.

"...That would break my promise to you though, and that is not justice of what you would get there by those guards, it is a farce." She replied.

Drudoc just shook her head some turning and walking past Ekaterina and up the small hill. "...Keep safe my friend..." Ekaterina said.

Drudoc just nodded then shifted into a form of a wolf, then lopped off up into the hills to the north. In that span of a day or so, the possible seed was planted for the old to overcome the new.

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2008, 12:09:00 AM »
A week later Drudoc sat in what was once her Grove. She sat quietly reading over the journal that chronicled all that she had seen, done, and become in her life before and during her time here in Barovia. The journal chronicled so many long years in her life. She then glanced to the small bone necklace to her left on the ground that symbolized her faith to the Blood God, part of her warred with reaching out to it to continue her path, but she resisted the temptation. In turn she looked to her right at the small flower Ekaterina had give her so long ago during one of there many talks on various matters. What it was Drudoc couldn't recall exactly. "Probably not important for whats happening now." she said softly

She took out a small paper and ink an quill and started to write a small later making a choice. It may mean the end of everything for her but one way or another she just didnt care.

My friend, I considered what you said. Perhaps there is a chance if but slim for things to change for me. The only way I know how is to perhaps try to amend things with those that wronged me. Its risky yes, probably even foolish on some level, I dont care one way or another I want to see my children again. You are right perhaps the darkness that is in me and that I embrace is not wholly consumed me. I dont know in either case. What I do know is that if you do not hear from me in a few days it likely means that those that betrayed me have once again done so. And likely will also mean my capture and being turned into the guards. Its hard for me to maintain this focus of choice, I hope I can keep it long enough to see this through to the end. If I am once more betrayed, and I am put to the stake to burn. Well, I'm sorry, sorry for everything. I only did what I thought was right.

Your friend, Drudoc

Drudoc read over the letter then quietly, sealed it and summoned a small hawk to her side. She tied the letter to the hawks small leg then conveyed her wishes and description to the hawk of Ekaterina. The hawk seemed hesitant to do what Drudoc wished but she remained insistent finally it took flight and within a few hours she sensed it had found Ekaterina and done as she asked.

Drudoc then rubbed her brow some in thought. "...Well, no time like the present." She muttered softly, shifting to wolf form and setting out for the one place she was likely to find those she sought.

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2008, 01:57:22 AM »
Drudoc still in her wolf form trailed the group heading into the deeper reaches of the burial grounds. She recognized two of them one named Ana, the other a dwarf named Teli. She had only briefly met both before her change of paths, two others also accompanied them both more shady looking fellows.

They fought the undead that resided below as usual, Drudoc avoiding the main fighting for the time being flanking to the sides of the group. At one point Teli seemed to take on more then he could handle, and Drudoc even she was unsure why she did so, dove into to distract the undead pair of warriors that were harassing the dwarf. It bought him enough time to heal himself, and he resumed the fight again then. Drudoc then dropped back once more pawing the ground some to wipe the blood and gore off her paw. The fight ended shortly after and the group turned to face Drudoc in her wolf shape.

"Who's dog is this?" One man asked.

Drudoc remained silent sniffing the air some, she got the feeling that danger was still about but she wasnt sure where, suddenly she felt a dagger stab hard into her and sever vital tendons along her flank. She let out a howl of pain and staggered away from the attacker, finally collapsing as she felt herself involuntarily shift back to her natural self.

She panted tending her wounds and eyed the surprised others wearily and quietly. Still she had said to Ekaterina she would try and she was going to try. Dusting herself off she answered the question of Ana of who she was truthfully. "Could have lied easily, no one recognized you." She argued to herself.

Ana eyed Drudoc to which she returned neutrally. The two other man beside Teli the dwarf were arguing over what to do with her to claim the bounty. "...Drudoc come with me to speak to mother Lizuca." She asked.

Drudoc again was tempted to just run away but no she had said to Ekaterina that she'd try. "...Fine, get the two trigger happy hunters to settle down then and I'll come quietly." she replied.

Ana nodded some glancing about a bit trying to get both men to settle down. Drudoc watched neutrally and quietly. Finally though she could see the annoyance an impatience cross Ana's face. "Enough! We dont got time for this!" She said then spun on drudoc her mouth moving in a prayer and chant. Drudoc recognized it for what it was and lifted her hand to shield her face.

"URGH!" She cried as the searing light burned her hand, she saw Ana begin another chant and prayer. "I TOLD YOU I'D COME QUIETLY, BETRAYER! LIAR!" She snarled readying to shift but Ana's prayers finished before she could shift. The blast sent her to the ground and she felt the life eb from her. The last thought that entered her dying mind was, "...If I live through this Ana pray that I dont beat you down or you will regret it."

And so with one simple impatience of a young woman the small seed that had been so painfully and slowly planted for the present to change in the future was likely destroyed. Drudoc's life was measured in days now but all her spirit cared about now was the path of least resitance that would give her teh chance to get free to tear the throat out of Ana, and anyone else that wished to stop her.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 06:21:51 PM by Ryltar/ Robert Archer »

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2008, 11:42:41 AM »
Drudoc's spirit starred down at her body's hanging limp form in the jail cell she now was put in. The emptiness she so often felt while in this state was there always. Yet oddly she found it comforting in a way, a sort of final rest that tantalizingly called to her she could take it if she wanted to she knew, the choice was there, but the hatred that fueled in her spirits mind and body refused it. No she would somehow get out of this and seek out that fool Ana, she would capture her bring her down and inflict the worst pain and suffering she could both on her mentally, physically, and spiritually. Then when she died she torment and twist Ana's spirit, make that suffer to, then once that was finished depending on her mood she would go from there. "..Maybe I'll let Yves have her.." Her spirit thought.

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
Re: Drudoc Andermidt- It all comes to and end....
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2008, 05:50:27 PM »
Drudoc's spirit dwelled in her cell in the jail, she spoke quietly with Samira but honestly her heart, she snoted' "What heart?" She thought then shrugged. In either case she just wasnt into it.

She shut her eyes then trying to find a means of focus for herself, a means to just let herself go and focus on all the events that had shaped her long life here in Barovia. And in this moment of focus, she found her center point, that little means of seeing all those events, good and bad, painful and joyful. She let them each play through her mind one by one then.

She saw her long battle with the cultist witch Isu, saw how futile it was but that she didnt care, she had to fight to protect others.

She saw her endless struggle against the evil forces arrayed against her in this land, how she formed a group of folks dedicated to fighting it, Dorin, Elsin, and Miranda. And she saw all the good they had done to aide others, even gaining stronger allies in the process.

She saw the pain for losing her husband to those wererats that one night in the slums. And the pain she felt for that lose, yet despite it she pressed on.

She saw the warmth she felt for Nimia who helped her so much in over coming her grief, and the future that was opened to them.

Then the pain she felt when Nimia left her, and later when she found Nimia had turned to a ghoul, then the events leading to her destroying Nimia. A few tears drifted down her ghostly cheeks as she thought on this.

She saw her battle with Yves and the other undead, to help save others she made her plans. This thought though brought into focus a night where she made her own plans to bring them all down, even if it meant her own death. She saw how she had so intrictly planned to a degree making it seem beyond a doubt that she had turned to evil. That once she felt she had gained the trust of yves and the other undead she could use that information into destroying them but luring the ezrites, morninglordians, an others able to fight them to destroy them. Her plan though didnt take into account how luring the darkness had called to her and the gifts that the blood god had bestowed upon her.

How those gifts had twisted her plans making her eventually even forget about them, by then though it was to late even if she did recall them. She was set on her path and the damage had been done, everyone assumed that she was evil, and they were right partly, her eventual goal was for the good of others but she had to maintain that evil apperance for the sake of keeping her plan in mind.

Ekaterina had come so close to getting drudoc to recall her plans, came so close to setting into motion all that she had worked for, then Ana had betrayed her ruining it all and sending Drudoc's hatred flaring again, just because she was to impatient to settle down to over eager punny bounty hunters.

The sound of the cell door opened and Drudoc and Samira saw the guard holding oil and a torch. "...So this is the end?" She thought.

It was, but not quite, later as both bodies wrapped in shrouds, decoys in truth were laid out a paper fluttered off her body before the fires started and fluttered away on the winds. Drudoc's spirits watched it go, taking note of the piece ti showed from her journal.

I write this down in the off chance my plan fails. To those that read this know that my intentions were never to truly embrace darkness, they were a means to an end to destroy something far more foul. If this plan failed though, I apologize, I only did what I thought best, what I saw as the only choice that I had left to fight with. If I caused pain and suffering to accomplish this I am sorry for it, but know that I never likely caused permanent harm. Know though that with the lack of friends that I once could trust and call upon at a moments notice lacking that this was the only choice I had left. To often people fight the evils in there lair but then cower inside the temple or the inn at night, this was the only choice i saw left that was available. Forgive me....

Drudoc watched it go caught on the wind and rising smoke off her body. She saw the rest of the events transpire and she gave a soft ghostly smile, then drifted over to a group of Barovians. "...Time...is fleeting...death is but a window....I shall be back..." She whispered softly into there ears, it scared them badly she could see. Her words werent meant as a threat persay Drudoc knew that more then likely she never would return, but she was now a free sprit, free to wander where she wished.

"Where to go?" She thought noting the others scurry away in fright. She then smiled some as the sun set gavea  soft ghostly laugh then floated to the one place and person that still called to her, called to her for one last attempt, one last hurrah for it all, good or evil might come from it, but Drudoc was beyond harm now, she didnt care.

OOC: To all those reading expect ONE last post to close this off

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
Re: Drudoc Andermidt- It all comes to an end...
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2008, 12:26:42 AM »
Time seemed to blur for Drudoc it was perhaps days, weeks, months, perhaps even years since she had been killed. She had lost track of it all in Hell, day in and out she was raped tortured and torn apart by the rapist and innocent ayslum guard man that she had killed. She could not shift, nor cast, nor do anything but be hung there to be used as either of them wished. At times she grew numb to it all other times it was even worse then before.

One night though that changed, Drudoc was alive in a way at least as alive as one could be in Hell, she felt a presence behind her, and assumed that it was one of the two men to continue there work.

"Drudoc?" A familar voice said in confusion.

"...Lies...all lies your not here...a trick..." She thought wearily faintly groaning weakly.

With extreme effort she lifted her head, there in front of her was Calor, her mind spun with this realization that he was somehow here fully armed and ready for a fight, "...Ca...Calor?" She said confused.

"Yes Drudoc its me..." He said softly moving to her hanging body.

Drudoc wasnt sure how to feel seeing Calor, hell she wasnt sure what to feel period anymore. "...This is a trick, an illusion..." She said weakly with a cough hanging from invisible chains around her naked body. Even after all she had been through beneath the beaten body she still held her wonderious beauty.

Drudoc then felt cold clammy hands rest on her other shoulder from behind familar hands ones that had roughly raped her for many endless times. "...Hey giiirly, ready to go again?" The man slurred and laughed.

"...No..no dont kill me no!" The other spirit that tormented her screamed from her left and behind before exploding in a geyser of blood on both Calor and her.

The air was silent then as calor wiped the blood off himself then drudoc. She sighed softly. "...Shows how the best laid plans fall apart..." She muttered to herself in halfling, she felt happy though to be cleaned off, even if Calor's touch did disgust her.

"How can you be here Drudoc, where is the promise of the Morninglords redemption to all that seek it?" He said.

Drudoc gave a soft sweet laugh despite the situation, despite it all Calor could not see the evidence for himself. "...There is none...not for one as sinned and lost as I. This is where I shall now and forever suffer Calor, suffer and despair in pain and misery for ever more. Fitting dont you think? fitting for someone that just wanted to do good by doing evil." She gave a soft laugh again.

"You could have told me Drudoc didnt you trust me?" He asked.

"...No...I didnt...I didnt trust anyone..." She replied, the two fending off another apperance of both prisoners and innocent man.

Drudoc went on outlining her original plan to Calor now crystal clear now that her punishment was at hand. "...I was left with no option but to fight evil with evil with the overall goal being good." She said softly then with a sigh.

"But you got seduced by the evil you fought didnt you?" He replied.

Drudoc nodded slightly. "...Yes...dont you see though? A part of me had always wanted what that seduction gave me, it gave me it more and more, yet by the time I realized what was happening I didnt care anymore nor did i recall much if at all about my orginal goals." Drudog gestured idly about her. "...this is what I get for giving into the darkness Calor, my goals was worthy had it worked, but...." She shrugged letting herself fall silent.

"...How can I help you?" Calor asked. "..I refuse to let you suffer here in this...this nightmare realm for all eternity."

Time passed and the two argued some interrupted at times by the two pained spirits and the image of Doctor Zaracroft. "Zee family need to forgive zhy do..." He said at one point. "Ze redemption is zwhat zou what zyes?" He asked Drudoc who simply nodded some.

"Sort of yes.." She replied. In truth all she wanted was to hear Ana apologize and admit to the others of her back stab of Drudoc after she had surrendered. Nothing else really mattered to her.

"Then I'll figure out a way to get them to forgive you." Calor said. Drudoc just nodded. She knew thought that Calor could not do this on his own so she tried, depsite knowing it was futile to reach out to the one person she really wanted to talk to. A person that she swore never slept.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 02:10:44 AM by Ryltar/ Robert Archer »

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
Re: Drudoc Andermidt- The End
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2008, 01:22:59 AM »
Drudoc's spirit suffered much knew pain day and night till it was a blur. The screams the pain, it was all the same eventually till even her iron willed mind couldnt tell the difference between hers and the man she killed.

She had reached out to the two people she thought she could see to save her from the hell she was in but it was finally clear after a few months that either they couldnt, or more likely to her ravaged mind it was they had given up on her, just like so many others good and bad.

Drudoc had given so much in her many years in Barovia. Saved many, and destroyed the lives of others, seen couples rise and fall, children born and killed, families grow older, and battles take place that few ever saw. She had been a part of something special for a time, something that few others would ever be. But her path had taken her elsewhere.

Drudoc had loved and lost so much in her man years. Men and women had called her friend and even a handful of those few lover. Some were closer then others but all were stead fast true, even in her darkest of days.

Her children though now far away and safe from her and others where few would venture studied a different path then she had begun teaching them. One would prove resistant to the teachings even sneaking away in the depths of the night to eventually be forgotten, the other though devoured the teachings. Learning the tenets as Drudoc had in her younger days.

All of this though was beyond Drudoc's spirits perception though or awareness. Eventually as with all sufferings it came to an end, not because of someones intervention just because the suffering melded in with all the other screams and cries of pain that ravaged the land of the mists.

Eventually even that would be forgotten, but yet some tales refused to have a final true ending, and it was in this that a tale would continue, what had started as a simple halfling from neverwinter, ended as anything but....

....THE END...

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
Re: Drudoc Andermidt- The End
« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2008, 01:41:33 AM »
OOC: ok well seeing as this bio is done folks if you want to comment one way or another long as its tastful feel free to do so