Author Topic: Drudoc Andermidt- The End  (Read 12299 times)

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
Re: Drudoc Andermidt a simple halfling from neverwinter
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2007, 04:52:22 PM »
...Drudoc got up quietly from the chair still focused in her thoughts as she entered the cluttered and dirty kitchen of the abadoned inn. She had taken some time to least clean up enough of it to be useable. Humming softly as she begain to work she smiled faintly. That same smiled faded then as she heard and soon after stench of something foul and familar to her. "...Undead..." She said softly.

She institivly reached for her morningstar but was not fast enough to avoid the hard blow that hit her on the shoulder. "GAH!!" Drudoc cried as the pain seared through her body. She in turn fought off the draining and fear effects that washed through her body. "...Better not have harmed my little ones...or it'll be hells to pay even more so then now." Drudoc said slowly getting to her feet.

Turning to face the undead she saw witha  slight frown that it was a Morhag, one of the stronger ones she faced. Even fully prepared Drudoc at times had trouble facing even one of them now she was without her weapons. "...Great...just great." She tried ducking again but failed as it suddenly charged her knocking her back against the floor once more. Drudoc glanced about quickly barely consious and knowing that if she didnt find a way to defend herself soon she wouldnt have to worry.

Her eyes slowly settled on the frying pan she had been preparing to use. "...Lathander if ever there was a time i needed you...now is it..." She said softly reaching for it and taking it firmly into her hands and blessing it with all her might. Surprising even the halfling her blesssings worked and she grinned slightly then as the Morhag charged foward at her once more intent on ending her life. Striking true the blow came down hard on its midsection but the blessings did there work breaking through slowly and painflully for the undead. Soon after destroying it.

Drudoc took several tired breathes muttering a soft prayer of thanks as she dropped the pan, broken and bent in many spots. "...Never....knew that would have worked." She laughed softly. Securing the area with protective wards and blessings Drudoc slowly trudged up to the upstairs room where one of the rooms was opened. Warding that room and door in turn she slowly and carefully laid down. Tired and exhausted from what happened.

"...Anyone asks...I was with three others...and they helped..." Drudoc said softly a faint laugh coming from her lips as she rested her hands on her stomach lovingly. "...I wont let anything harm you two my loves...your all I got left of my previous life." Drudoc said just as lovingly as she did to her other twins, even not remembering there faces or that she had spoken similarly she smiled faintly soon sleep gripping her and pulling her into its sweet blackness.

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2007, 08:12:39 PM »
Drudoc quietly entered the outskirts temple, then the graveyard. It was early morning and the sun's first faint rays of warming light were just starting to peak in from the cloud cover. "Such a lovely and charming day..." Drudoc thought with a soft smile. For some reason lately that she wasnt sure of she felt more alive then ever. Sure she wasnt out and about finding evils and bringing them to the light, or facing the light in either case. But she had found recently that her efforts in Valiki's slums were paying off slightly. There were fewer peasants coming in for the various lessons the charity house gave out in teaching skills for those without. And she saw those same people now having slightly better lives then they had before.

"Sad thing i guess is they wont ever know who wrote the books really. Ah well." She said softly then begin her morning prayers. "IT'll be a good day in either case"

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2007, 11:49:12 PM »
Drudoc was in the caves connecting the crypts of the temple to the sewers in valiki, she traveled light and with others as well. They had dealt with several Neurall cultists in turn and now were heading back. Drudoc still walked carefully and on her guard as she glanced about, fully consious of the two small lives held inside her still growing. Though soon enough they would be born into this land, for better, or for worse.

She glanced over to Jalil a moment admiring slightly the human man's will considering his current state. He had just entered Barovia only hours before but desipte his lacking in skills compared to the others he had faired far better then even Drudoc had thought. She smiled slightly to him then as the rest went up the rope to the farm lands above. "After you.."

He nodded then in turn and prepared to climb though just as he did Drudoc's nose caught the faint but growing scent of undead. Slowly seeing the Morhag charge them hungry for fresh meat she shouted. "GO!!" to Jalil as she charged it knowing full well she couldnt avoid the blow it was making. The sharp clawed aimed for ther stomach region digging in deeply. Pain shoot through Drudoc as her body shuddered from the blow. "Oh no!" She thougth paniced and desipte the close quartesr of the fight chanted quickly ducking under a blow meant this time for her own head. A powerful blinding and searing light came forth from her hands then blasting through the Morhag's face and neck soon after dropping it to the ground dead.

Drudoc leaned over gasping as she healed her wounds panting softly. She wasnt certain jsut how far it had hit but she felt some of her strength return her then after a moments rest. Jalil then helped her up to the farmlands. "Thanks.." She said softly as she leaned against the farm post taking a short breather and to concentrate on her wounds once more. "Anytime, least I could do for all the help you have given me." He said in reply.

Drudoc smiled softly then winced gasping in pain as it shot through her again. "...oh no..." She said softly again holding her stomach slightly taking a slow deep breath trying to will the pain away but failing. With help and force of effort she started walking again but then slumped against the nearest tree as they past the farmlands panting again as pain racked her body specificly her lower regions.

"...Ok enough of that." Jalil said without turn taking her and supporting her.

"...Temple.." Drudoc gasped out taking several more breathes before passing out from another sudden shot of pain.

When she awoke again it was once more from pain but this one felt slightly less, she glanced about in a sense of confusion and disorention seeing Miranda, Jalil, and Claire looking at her with concnern. Miranda seemed to sense what was going on and she said softly into her ear. "Are you ready for this?"

Drudoc took another deep breath as another contraction hit her and she muttered softly just barely, "...to early..."

Celurion came upon them then, an elf priest of the clergy and of the morninglord. She didnt know much about him but what she did know and the brief time she had fought by his side in her book was the last person she wanted around her right now. "She doesnt seem hurt whats wrong?"

Drudoc just spewed another set of curses in halfling as Miranda helped her up as the contraction setttled for the moment. "...She's with child it seems." Claire said.

"Oh joy of the..." Celurion had said but Drudoc tuned him out. "Oh for lathander's grace! has that damn elf never seen a woman pregnant! URGH!" She thought annoyed trying to keep her self steadyily breathing.

After some effort and walking they arrived in her Grove. Drudoc could feel another round of contractions coming forth and had just enough time to settle herself down and ward the area against evil and distruptions before the pain made her lose any sense of trying to cast any blessings or spells. Miranda guided her through each step in turn since with her lost memories she didnt exactly remember what to do. "BY LATHANDER"S DIVINE GRACE!!" She shouted slightly through gritted teeth as she pushed again. "...I so swear! if that Morhag harmed one of them I'll kill every last one of them till there's nothing LEFT!!"

Moments later Drudoc slumped back as she heard the first cry of the child. "...Its a girl." Miranda said quickly wrapping the child gently and handing her to Claire in turn. Drudoc barely muttered out to her, "You run off with her so help me i'll hunt you down all over Barovia." Miranda then wiped her brow a bit free of the sweat. "...Ok Drudoc one more round you can do it..." She said softly.

Drudoc nodded slightly taking another deep breath as the next wave started. After several more moments Miranda said again. "..Come on push Drudoc!"

"YOU PUSH!!" She shouted back through some spittle her normally calm and serene features gone for the time being. Claire held the girl in her arms urgin both on, finally the second child came forth into the world. And after some more extensive efforts on Miranda's part let out its first cry.

Drudoc exhausted, injured, worn, and beaten from all of the most recent events simply passed out though she fought the whole way  in tryin to resist the darkness that over came her. Shortly though she came around again catching the faint words from Miranda and Claire she wasnt sure just who spoke. "There both so beatiful"

As she can ahold of her sense then Miranda handed first the girl to her then the boy each cleaned and warmly wrapped in linen. Drudoc smiled tiredly but lovingly as she held both children in her arms. "So whats there names?" Miranda said to her curiously as she finshed fixing some interenal damage from the attack earlier and after cleaning herself up in turn.

Drudoc seemed caught off guard by the question for a moment looking at each as they rested in there Mother's arms. "...Mother's arms. Yeah..guess thats what i am now...um..again." Drudoc thought recalling Miranda and Dorin also saying she had two other twins back in Neverwinter though much older. Shaking her head then and looking at the girl she said softly with a warm smile. "...Her names..." Drudoc thought a moment "...Hope."

All three smiled faintly then at the name, it was a good name Drudoc felt for the girl. One thing she always firmly belived in was never giving up hope. "...and now i wont, literly and figuritively speaking." She said softly in halfing. Resting the girl in a small basket that Claire had setup for her.

"...And the boy?" claire asked.

Again Drudoc wasnt sure at for a moment her mind was blank. "...Well what else goes with Hope?" Miranda said.

Jalil spoke up from his own thoughts having observed the last part of Drudoc being hande the children. "...Faith..." He said then suggested several other words.

A torch light came ablaze in her mind then as he said faith. "Bastion..." Drudoc said with a faint smile and from how the young baby boy coo'd at her suggestoin of name she took it for a yes. "Bastion....and Hope...my own two little pillars of light." She said softly kissing each softly on the forehead.

With some more help Mother and children came to rest in Deganway with Miranda, Claire, and Jalil. And while the other three did some looking about giving her a moment to compose and rest herself. Drudoc looked at both children again memorizing there looks and features.

Hope was slightly even smaller then Bastion, indeed both were far smaller then even a properly held to term halfling child. Still though Hope held her mothers dark red hair with faint wisps of brown near the edges. Her eyes were Dark green with tinges of yellow about in certain areas of the light catching her eyes. She also seemed to have inheritaed her mothers charms and beauty. "She's going to break so many hearts one day." Drudoc said with a loving and affectionate smile. Then after laying her in a small temporary crib she turned to holding Bastion feeding him as well as she looked at him lovingly.

Bastion seemed more sturdy then Hope had. Having a more Brown set of hair with twinges of red here and there. His eyes held more of a firey yellow, seeming to Drudoc to be like that of a warrior. His own features seemed more stronger, dexterious, and healthly then Hope was. However even Drudoc could see that his mind wasnt quite as sharp as his sisters. "...No matter boy is sure darn strong." She said softly in halfling as Bastion gave her one finger a firm squeeze. Once he too had had his fill she laid him down in another temporay crib and smiled faintly looking at both standing in the middle of them.

Taking a soft breath she begaun to quietly sing to them in halfling. "...For in the darkness there is light, from out of the shadows we bring the light. Though it comes and threatens to overwhelm us. No matter what we face, we shall fight on. For in this darkness there is a light. Shadows run from us as we fight. No matter the challenges placed before us. Forever we shall carry on this brave fight." Her tone was soothing and full of love and warmth as she finshed almost seeming angelic in nature. Drudoc leaned down stroking each childs cheek in turn letting a single tear slip onto each childs face before wiping it off in turn. "...I swear you shall have all the skills you need to survive this land my loves...though your father is far from me, and i may not recall his face or memory of him. I love him as much as I love you two."

Drudoc took a deep tired breath letting it out slowly as she whispered to each in turn. "...My two pillars of light, you saved me when my heart started to seep with darkness and for this I thank you." Drudoc then kneeled in prayer next to both blessing each in turn. "Lathander I thank you this evening for your aide and grace, for the protections you granted me and for Miranda's timing of being in the right place when I needed her most. Though you are far from me, and from them. I pray that one day they too shall feel your grace, love, and wisdom."

Drudoc slowly stood then as she heard a knock on the door, resting against the comfortable pillows as she said. "..Come in." A moment later Miranda came in smiling softly to her. "How are they?" She asked.

Drudoc looked at both in turn with a loving smile. "...Resting, and doing far better then even I expected all things considered."

Miranda gave her a slightly stren look. "You know it could have been far worse...."

Drudoc nodded then, "...Yeah. I know." Then hear ears caught the faint whisp of a scream, then several more. "...What the??" Drudoc said standing up slowly. Miranda glanced towards the door as Drudoc moved towards her children. Determined to protect them at all costs. Taking another breath she prayed softly chanting a flurry of blessings forth in turn both on herself, her children, and Miranda.

There was a sudden explosion then at the door as magical energies burst forth Jalil getting tossed into the room like crumpled paper. "JALIL!" Drudoc and Miranda said both having drawn there weapons in the mean while, then looking towards the door to see what or who it was.

A dark spirt floated there then eyeing the children and Drudoc. Drudoc felt paralyzed with fear as she reconized the sprit that had haunted her dreams after Isu had placed it there. Hissing just like she had done that night. "SSSS...I'ssss come for themsss"

Miranda charged forth in vain trying to destroy the beast. "NO! you shall not URGH!" She barely got out before she too was tossed aside by a hard hit from the spirit. Drudoc tried blasting it despertly with her own spells but to no effect. "SSS..I come....for them"

The spirit knocked her aside Drudoc watching in horror as the sprit envolped both Cribs. She saw to her shock and fears it make what seemed like a swallowing motion. Drudoc raised her hand again crying out desperetly. "..no NOOO!!!!"

"DRUDOC!" miranda shouted shaking her from her sleep then. Drudoc sat bolt up rigth then and looked about confused hurriedly resting her eyes on her children who were nestled safely and lovingly in there baskets next to her. "...Drudoc...wha.." Miranda started to ask.

"...I...I just a bad dream I....dreamed that the sprit Isu put inside me...came for them, killed them and....and you, but I could do nothing to stop it.." Drudoc said obvsiouly shaken. Then shook her head. "...When did I drift off?"

"..Around when I started to tell you it could have been far worse...." Miranda replied.

Drudoc nodded then slightly taking comfort in knowing that her children and one of her closest friends were safe. "...Mind staying and watching over us while I...i mean we rest?" Drudoc asked Miranda

"..Not at all." She said settling down across the small room in turn.

Drudoc nodded slightly closing her eyes again her hands idly and softly playing with the faint wisps of hair on both children's heads. It calmed her and to her also seemed to soothe the sleeping babies as well. Soon after sleep claimed Drudoc, this time though it wasnt of a nightmare but of the joy and love she felt for her two babies, her two pillars.

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2007, 06:40:18 PM »
Drudoc days later sat nursing both babies. Even to her hazy lost memories she thought the two children had grown quite a bit considering there perilous birth into Barovia. Bastion as was his habit at first with anything he saw or met tried to bite. Even without teeth yet he could clamp down quite hard if he wanted to. Drudoc had quickly learned to let him nibble and bite on her one finger before feeding him. "...Sooner see my nails bit off then other parts." She laughed softly as Bastion began to feed. As he did Drudoc let her mind wander to events that had transpired to her the few days since her children's birth.

Drudoc's mind decided to settle on a conversation she had had with Nimia, even she didnt know about her children yet, and Drudoc planned on keeping it that way. They had both met at the old abandoned inn down from Midway. Drudoc had only waited an hour or so before Nimia arrived. Her skin the same color but slightly more pale she had thought. "...Good to see you my friend." She had said to Nimia. Even with there relationship ended and on the whole their friendship a well Drudoc wanted Nimia to know that were she ever to decide to turn away from her darker paths that she would be there for her.

"...And you Drudoc, so.." Nimia paused a moment taking a seat at the table as Drudoc served some tea. "..Why did you want to bring me here? For more pointless discussions on good and evil? If thats the case." She glanced to the door implying she would leave right away.

Drudoc shook her head no then taking her own seat and sipping on her own cup of tea. "...No no, I wouldnt wish to waste either of our times on something that would only lead to a fight. No I need information from you on something your more speicalized in to identify, at least thats my hope." She said taking out a small wrapped package setting it on the table.

Nimia looked at her curiously obvsiously having expected Drudoc to bring up there old debats on good and evil. The surprise passed though quickly and she eyed the package. "...Whats this?" She said taking it and unwrapping it. As Nimia opened it she reveled a small black rock to many it wouldnt be to special, but to a Druid or experienced Ranger it could hold something far more. Nimia studied it a moment then looked at Drudoc. "..I dont understand?" she said still studying the rock. "...Its a black rock coal from the looks of it."

Drudoc nodded slightly. Yes it was coal that was true, but her test had proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Nimia's connection to nature wasnt attuned as hers was. In Drudoc's case towards the betterment of a balance between nature and civilzation and with aiding others in understanding that delicate balance. "...Yes it is." Drudoc smiled slightly mentally letting her mind switch to its preplanned script. "...Well see I found it in the forests south of Deganway near the southern monastary where gilos and the spirts reside." Which was true of course she had found the coal there. "....When i studied it though I got the sense there was more to it but i couldnt put my finger on it. Are you sure you cant feel something off about it?" She said looking and studying Nimia again taking note that her injured eye no longer seemed to bleed as it once did.

Nimia seemed to focus on the coal piece again and shook her head then. "..No I'm sorry I cant. How did it feel off to you?" She said curiously.

"HA!...fat chance my "friend".." Drudoc thought. Then spoke. "....well see when i found it it sorta felt like it held something inside it when i focused on it though nothing happened and it soon went away hmm.." She made a good show of thinking then. "...guess it was me picking up the evils of the forests around the monastary ..."

Nimia nodded then clearly buying the lie and act. Drudoc thought a moment. "..Is it good that I'm getting so well trained at lying and acting like this?" She sighed mentally keeping her face as it was not letting anything slip foward in showing. "...Gotta do what i gotta do to protect others." She thought again pushing her doubt away.

"...Aye well considering how sensitive you are to sensing evil thats what I would have figured too. No matter. " Nimia said wrapping the coal back up and giving it back to Drudoc who took it with a nod putting it back into her pack next to her flint and steel. "...Well least it'll be useful for getting a fire going in a pinch eh?" Drudoc said giving her a slight familar grin that both had used on the other for several months what felt like so long ago.

Nimia nodded simply then returning her grin with a slight smile that also felt familar to Drudoc. Inwardly she wanted to wrap her fingers around the young woman's throat and stranggle her till she didnt breath anymore. Or use her blessings to fully heal that wound back to what it was despite her oath and promise not to to Nimia on one cold night on the mountain side two months ago. She let the anger go then as she let out a faint sigh. Nimia saw it then tilted her head slightly. "What's wrong?" she said actual for a moment genuine concern hinting in her voice.

Drudoc looked at her then. "..oh nothing its just well ..." she paused for effect then continued. "...well its just I noticed your eye seems to have healed over and the bleeding has stopped."

Nimia touched her eye for a moment then nodded. "..Yes I ran into a ..." She thought a moment then spoke. "Bodak I belive there called. When its draining flash hit me instead of harming me it healed me. Just goes to show you Drudoc that both negative and positive energies can do what the other can as well."

Alrams rose in the young halflings mind at her comment and descriptions of the event. Had she been a full undead, say a ghoul, wight, or worse vampire. Drudoc would have known and seen there effects on her. "...No something else is at work here...but what?" She thought her face not betraying her alram. Her head mearly tilted slightly Drudoc letting a slightly curious look pass over her face that seemed to inspire Nimia to go on. "...Think about it Drudoc, you always told me that negative energies were harmful. Yet your not a fool and you see yourself the proof before you that a negative energy healed this wound where a postitive burst could not." She said gesturing to her eye.

"...Thast cause you wouldnt let me you bitch!" She thought angrily but didnt show it mearly nodding slightly. "...Time to leave wrap this up already." She continued in her thoughts. "...Perhaps, still I stand by my own words Nimia but I dont wish to go into a discussion now on the goods and bads of things. I would stay longer but...Just as you have your own lessons to teach others of the land so to do I." She said getting up and packing her things away and started for the door.

Nimia's hand rested then on Drudoc's shoulder giving a faint squeeze. Drudoc took notice that she had a pulse and it was warm. "Defiently not undead then." She thought glancing over her shoulder then and looking at the human woman who at one time had been a lover of sorts. "...Yes?" she said.

Nimia looked at her a moment as if to say something then simply said. "..Drudoc just keep safe and I shall hope we never have to fight each other on oposing sides of things. I reallly mean that.." she said trailing off. Drudoc desipte her raised guard around the woman nodded actually beliving her fully that she hoped they wouldnt ever have to fight. "...Perhaps a part of her does still care about me in a way or perhaps she's just trying to lure me into lowering my defense in either case." She spoke then. "...I do too Nimia. If we do though hopefully we shall decided it as it should be.." Drudoc let it hang then to allow Nimia's imagination to fill in her words.

Nimia took a step back seeming again a bit surprised by the emotional wave that Drudoc had let forth. "...Yes as it should be." she nodded then.

Drudoc's mind came from the memory noticing that Bastion had just finshed with his morning meal. She smiled then lovingly down to him as she adjusted her shirt slightly then to cover herself back up. ".....One day years from now Bastion I want you to remember something." Bastion looked at her actually surprising the mother halfling as it seemed to her as if he was listening to her coming words. "...I want you to promise me that you will do whatever it takes with out peforming dark deeds to protect your sister."

Bastion seemed to smile to her and coo'd slightly his yellowish eyes sparkling slightly with that charming baby like smile. His feet givng a slight kick as well. Strong even for a baby of his size. Drudoc smiled then nodding. "...I'll take that as a yes..." She then set Bastion back into his crib where upon after a bit of a time he soon fell into a restful sleep. Drudoc checked on Hope then as well smiling faintly at her daughters rest. "...Hope..my darling daughter one day years from now you'll see just how special both of you are to me. I only pray that a situation never arises where I must chose between your lives.....and my own morals to so many others." Drudoc said softly into the girls ear then giving her a soft kiss to the forehead.

Drudoc sighed faintly rising turning to the small padded chair she had been in for the past few hours. She glanced out the window then across Deganway and into the forests. She felt a twinge of a pull calling to her to go there now, but she held it in check. "..Time enough for that later." She thought.

Drudoc laid down then onto the soft bed she had in the small room the elves had given her. She rarely allowed herself to feel so emotional about so many other painful events. Between her lost memories, her oaths to Lathander in this dark land, and many other things as well she felt tired, drained, and on the verge of defeat. Allowing her emotions to run forth she buried her face into the pillow and cried, she cried for all the times she hadnt, for all the times she had failed, and for all the times she would fail even more in the future.

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2007, 08:43:40 AM »
After a while of that Drudoc sat up then wiping her face dry, tears now longer flowing from her face. "...Failure happens to even the best of people. Failure happens even if you given it your all. But yet people can only ask for your best, if you give them that and still fail, least you know you failed doing and trying your best." She said this softly and confidently wiping her face again. "..Emotions can be twisted here I've seen that, still if I dont let them out at times my own self pride will also be my own down fall." She said softly shaking her head a bit then.

Through speaking with various people, Celurion, Garison, and Maynard as well as a few others. "Even Isu oddly enough." She said a bit softly. She'd learned of how pride and being over zealous can lead to ones downfall. "Dragrin's story is sad, and painful. And in a way its a lesson that I'm going to hold tight to. I'll make mistakes, I realize that. But I cant let myself over bear them alone."

Standing up then fully and checking on both children, letting the emotional baggage she held go like a bad memory she then relaxed and smiled. Looking at both sleeping children. "...I love you both so much, I pray that I'm never given to a point to chose between you." She let a hand drift softly over each childs face there faces to her reflecting the knowledge and awarness of their mother's love and kindness. "...your both so innocent, so pure." Drudoc laughed then softly. "...Just like me in a way when I came here. "...And i'm giong to raise you to keep that close to your hearts. To help others and survive here." She then smiled again wispfully. "...And to maybe do something that so few others do." She paused a moment. "...Realizing there is more then likely no way out of this land sides death....and to accept that and live as best you can. Because the truth sometimes can be the most painful of all things."

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2007, 10:19:50 AM »
Drudoc was traveling along outside the city of Valiki when she heard someone call her name. It was nearing night fall so her senses were more on edge. "....Gotta be getting back to my Grove soon, and the little ones." She thought then glanced about as she heard her name called again. The rush of battering foot falls behind her made her whirl about and look at who was coming upon her.

A male halfling with striking blonde hair and a bright, and over happy smile rushed Drudoc and hugged her tightly. "..Luv! I've found you finally!" The halfling said. Drudoc confused pushed the man away then wiped the sweat that had gotten on her away from her shoulders. Before finally looking at the man.

"..Excuse me but in some places its proper to properly introduce yourself sir. And I know quite a few halflings and I'm sorry but your face and voice does not ring familar to me." Drudoc said as she crossed her arms about her chest.

The hallfing male gave her a confused but slight laugh. "...Know me?? That's funny luv. Drudoc my love it's Jascal I know we've been apart for a year or so now but you cant tell me you forgot me already?" Jascal said a pained look crossing over his face briefly.

Drudoc blinked surprised but soon hid it. "....It cant be Jascal not here ..." Her mind seemed on an overload and with that she felt dizy and soon passed out. Feeling the sense of being caught by someone with soft warm hands.

"..DRUDOC!" She heard just before the darkness overcame her.

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2007, 04:45:25 PM »
Drudoc awoke with a headache and her eyes tightly shut from a bright candle light. "Urghh by the nine hells..." She muttered in halfling. A faint laugh sounding male in nature came next to her as she realized she was laying down in a bed in the charity house. Sitting up she saw it was the halfilng that called himself Jascal. "...Not quite luv though you did give me quite the scare there." He said.

"...Look I dont know who you ..." She started to say but was cut off as the halfling man kissed her passionetly. "MUMPH!" she then pushed him back hard and slapped him across the face just as hard leaving a hand print on his face. He grabbed his cheek looking at her in shock and surprise mixed with pain.

"...How dare you!" She said. "...Dare to kiss me like that when I dont even know you!" Anger was clear in her voice now. Idly out of the corner of her eyes she noticed that night was falling on the slums, again. She must have been out for quite a few hours, maybe even a day.

The halfing looked at her silently for a moment then. "I...I guess you dont really remember do you?" Jascal said pain evident in his voice.

Drudoc despite her anger softened her tone and posture nodding. "..Aye I cant recall anything from before my time here in Barovia." She said, hoping that if it was Jascal he'd understand. It was soon evident though he thought something else.

"...Your hiding something, what is it Drudoc?" He asked

Drudoc couldnt take the chance of this not being Jascal and she spoke as confidently as she could. "..There's nothing that i'm hiding honestly, I just cant remeber anything becuase of a dark spirit being driven out of me."

Jascal though didnt belive her and spit at her in anger then surprising even himself and Drudoc. "..LIAR! you ...you've changed! I know you to well to be fooled by your speakings." With that he said goodbye and shot up and left into the dark streets and night of valiki.

"JASCAL NO!" She shouted for the first time using his name rushing after him into the valiki's nights.

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2007, 04:03:06 PM »
Drudoc followed Jascal not as nimbly as she would have liked but enough to keep up with him she shouted a bit to him. "JASCAL STOP!!" Jascal darted around the corner leaving Drudoc a single moment behind him. As she came around the corner what she saw made her heart stop cold and her body filled with sorrow and anger.

Jascal was in between the arms of two were rats slowly having his arms torn off and blood gushing from the two wounded areas. Shortly after before she could anything to stop the coming blows the were rats hit him hard several times across the chest sending him into the wall with a thunk. "...no..." Drudoc said softly. "NO! you bastards!!" Drudoc then quickly chanted a flurry of prayers in halfling imbuing herself and her weapons and shield with blessings to her fullest extent. Anger fueled her and she charged at both wererats smashing each hard with her blessed and flamed mace. Blocking and dodging the blows they returned in fear and anger at her strikes. Both sides fought well but Drudoc emerged victorious by a clear margin her skill with turning shape shifters aiding her well.

Drudoc sank to the ground in front of Jascal knowing that even her blessings would be useless in returning him to life. "Or if he..." Drudoc said softly then trailed off as she noticed the bare wisps of breath on the cool night air. "...Things...*coughs* hurt luv. Dont...*coughs* suppose you can...he..heal me?" He asked in pain. Drudoc shoke her head no remaining silent. "...Though ..t..so *coughs wheeze*...no matter just i'd...i'd ask one thing." He said.

Drudoc sensed she knew what it was but in the off chance she said. "Yes? what?"

"...Tell me you...you love me." He replied. Drudoc shook her head no again. "..Jascal I cant I'm sorry but I cant say something to someone that to me I've never met" She hurriedly gave him her story of losing her memories to a dark spirit.

Jascal took another ragged breath barely it seeming alive. "...And there's someone else isn't there luv?" He said pained both emotionally and physically.

Drudoc nodded. "Yes...there is. So I cant say I love you to someone that doesn't hold my heart to me anymore...I'm sorry." She said knowing Jascal had only moments left to live. Tears of sorrow welled in her eyes she felt horrible knowing she couldn't say it but she had promised the one that claimed her heart she wouldn't do this if it came up and she planned to stand by it even now.

Of all things Drudoc expected a faint wheezed and pained laugh came forth from Jascal. "..Well whomever he is he's a darn lucky fellow. Make him happy as you made me happy for you....you..." Jascal's eyes closed for a moment his breathing stopping and Drudoc assumed he had passed then using what seemed to be the last of his energy he rose just enough to lightly kiss her cheek and say. "....wound up....here...its been" Jascal took what Drudoc knew was his last living breath. "...been one wild ride ....luv." With that he felll to the ground dead and Drudoc lowered her head tears breaking from her face and soaking into the bloodied cloth of Jascal's studded leather armor.

After several moments Drudoc's tears dried up and she lifted Jascal's body into her arms and carried him out into the graveyard outside of Valiki. Locating an empty grave plot she with the help of a friend buried the man that had one time been her husband and closest friend. But now was only a simple fragment of her memories and part of the puzzle who with her had brought life to two twins in Deganway. After blessing the area and praying for many hours over the grave site she rose taking a sad tired breath.

Turning to face to rising sun Drudoc rose her hands in another prayer and of worship. "...For those we once cared for fell this night Lathander we welcome him to your embrace and care. Care for him as you still care for those that worship you." Tears fell from her face again onto the ground next to the grave, Drudoc's face then hardened then slightly looking about the area and land. "...And if anyone is listening that raises undead so help me if I see you or Jascal as an undead I'll tear you to shreds." Drudoc sighted then letting her anger slip from her mind. Then said. "He's gone now and even if he does come back as an undead it matters little you'll free him from the taint and move on just as you have so many other times." She took a breath then nodded to herself. "In time..."

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2007, 07:25:12 AM »
//ooc just a reminder to anyone reading my posts feel free to comment on them both positive and negative feedback is appreciated.

Drudoc sat rocking both children in her arms. Now both having grown to the point where feeding them with just milk wasn't an option as much anymore and she had begun slowly introducing them to more solid foods even if they were softer. Hope seemed to want to cling to her mother more from what Drudoc could see. Which was ok for now. Bastion on the other hand wanted to easily eat up the more offered solid food unlike his sister. Both had grown almost to the point where restful moments like this where both could sleep in her arms were drawing to a close.

Drudoc smiled though despite the sorrow she felt at the lose of Jascal. Claire had made her life more happy then she had been in a long time even with the twins there had been the sense of emptiness in her heart and soul. Claire though made that more complete. Drudoc briefly recalled Elsin's words one evening after she had vented her sorrow to him of the lose of Jascal.

"Your far stronger then you realize Drudoc. I don't know if I was in your boots if I could have kept my sanity after everything you went through." He said placing a gentle hand on her shoulder.

Drudoc smiled faintly at his words saying. "I'm not Dragrin Elsin." He gave her a blank look obviously not knowing the fallen halfling monk the way she had learned and Drudoc briefly explained what she meant he nodded then. "...unlike her I have friends that care about me and don't shy away from trying to help me when they notice problems arise." Drudoc thought a moment that maybe that was a bit harsh considering how Aran had said Dragrin and Dallium seemed close to him but in either case what was said was said. And Dallium wasn't around to hear that right now.

Drudoc's thoughts wandered then to Claire the Human monk she had met over the past few months. Claire had been a good friend to her when Nimia had decided to leave her for her Druid pursuits, and had been there to support her through her children's births.

She smiled again setting Bastion who had awakened then onto the floor to crawl around. His sister Hope decided to continue to sleep in her mother's arms.

Claire had unknowingly saved Drudoc from falling to a darker path once as well though the thoughts behind it were clouded to even Drudoc now who had used her blessings to hide them from even herself. In time she would undue the blessings effects to face them but for now she was happy and content in her life. Though she knew that other things would have to be set aside for a time while she dealt with a crucial point in her children's lives. "..After all while i am devoted to what I must do. I have to be a mother for a time here as well. They'll grow up knowing their mother's love is more important then almost anything else." She said with a soft smile kissing hope and BAstion both in turn leaning over for a moment to do so gently on each's foreheads.

Drudoc sat back then and relaxed letting her mind and stress slowly ebb the feelings it felt. Claire was foremost on her mind at times and those thoughts in turn further relaxed the twin's mother further which when there mother's stress wasnt felt made both twins seem happier and loved.

//ooc just a reminder to anyone reading my posts feel free to comment on them both positive and negative feedback is appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 10:01:56 AM by Ryltar/ Robert Archer »

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2007, 08:44:28 PM »
Drudoc opened the flask of wine and took a sip. She smacked her lips a bit at the sweet wine taste. "Ahhh," She said in halfling while she sat in her grove while both children slowly crawled about the small area she had set aside for them. "..nothing beats a small sip of a halfling sweet wine."

The day was warmer then usual even in the middle of winter and Drudoc had taken the chance and brought both children to the Grove she had setup. After sealing the area off with blessings and heavy plants to ward away predators she sat down in the small cave and built a small fire to keep the area warmer still. Using rocks and heavy moss then she built a small area for teh children to play around in. Hope was more inclined to relax herself and use small motions to crawl around. Bastion on the other hand was determined to get over the barrier, or least try. "Thankfully at this point he cant." Drudoc thought with a soft loving smile.

She felt content for now both in body and spirit watching her two children, her two pillars of light as well. Content to let things be as they should. And content in the knowledge that the balance of things, whatever it may be, was well taken care of.

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2007, 09:43:55 AM »
Drudoc ran around weeks later chasing after Bastion who had devolved a habit for walking for short periods of times. Usually near something dangerous too. "Kids going to give me heart trouble one of these days." She muttered in halfling as she snatched him up away from the fire place in Nant Gareawyn. She turned stern then and gave Bastion a lecture on the dangers of fire. He seemed to nod slightly to her then cooed in his usual way that warmed Drudoc's heart and broke it all over again. She smiled though despite it all. Jascal was gone and even though she forgot about the love he gave one thing she was sure of. Jascal gave her Hope and a thick headed Bastion of Light that didn't want to see their mother sad.

Drudoc returned Bastion to his small bed in the one room upstairs near where Hope was playing with some sticks. Tapping them on the floor a bit. She cooed as well as she saw her loving mother approch and dropped the sticks to be picked up. "UP!" She said in halfling which she was starting to learn. Drudoc smiled and leaned down to pick up Hope. "Yes, and now what my little muffin?" She asked.

Hope looked about then pointed to the stairs. "Down!" She said excitedly. Taking note that BAstion was asleep Drudoc nodded letting Ren'dalia know that bastion was in his room sleeping and to keep an eye on him.

"OF course dear he shall be quite safe while you are below." She said. Drudoc nodded then took Hope below to the ground floor.

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
Drudoc watched Hope sleep then many hours later the girl had talent of the forests that much Drudoc could tell her play times with mink fascinated both Mother and child giving both a happiness that both now knew well. Bastion on the other hand was more a warrior at heart giving little considerations to such things. "Still given time maybe he can learn least a basic respect." Drudoc said as she now stood near the falls over looking Deganway. Drudoc took a long winding path further into the forests and found her grove then sitting down into the small brook and heated stream pool that served as her private bathing area.

Drudoc disrobed slowly and quietly soon after humming a soft tune as she let her hair down. She let the cool summer breeze blow across her hair letting it glitter about her shoulders in an almost tickling like fashion. Drudoc laughed then slightly settling herself down into the warm water, and sighing contently. "Urhg gods did I need this time alone to relax and let my mind catch up on things." She said to herself and the raven companion that nested in its roost above her to the left of the pool. It seemed to caw to her in response to Drudoc in an almost laughing like way of agreement. "...Oh shush you peeping tom" Drudoc laughed as the raven eyed her a moment as she washed with the oils, herbs and bits of soap she had.

Drudod still didn't understand or was sure if teh extra light healing blessings she had were related to her deep faith to Lathander or emerging Druid abilities that Vala claimed not so long ago in Deganway. She shrugged then with a smile as she relaxed back. "What will be will be." She said in halfling. "Still having you for a friend does make me glad." she said glancing to the Raven. It stared at her a moment giving to Drudoc again what seemed to be a smile. Drudoc then shrugged in reply resting back again this time fully and closing her eyes. "What will be will be....." She thought and with those thoughts allowed her mind to wander to plans she had made. It would be painful for putting them into place but age was a funny thing. It changed how someone was over time. And though what she had planned wouldnt be easy to accept especially for her friends. Drudoc knew just like with her sorrow over Jascal, over time they would move on.

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
Drudoc sat in her grove then many days later. She was tired, beaten and worn weary but alive. In one day and nights time she had out talked a necromancer turning into balor, dealt with a horde of undead, and endured what seemed like torture at the hands of Lomion and his "wife" wight. She was scarred and wounded but as she realized truly alive. Her original ideas to perverse her healing arts to end her life were gone now she had a new mission. To prove to everyone beyond a shadow of a doubt she wasn't like Dragrin. Lomion had said in time he would turn her as Isu and he had turned Dragrin. "Fat bloody chance of that Isu failed so will Lomion." She said quietly in halfling ."...If he tries.." she added as she washed away her wounds and dirt covering her scars.

The raven above her seemed to caw in approval at her decision seeming to have sensed her thoughts in a way. Drudoc smiled. "Sides I got two little ones and you that need my help. That and Luna." She said again to the raven in halfling. Drudoc sat back into the water then and relaxed and allowed her mind to wander into a dream like state.

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
Re: Drudoc Andermidt a simple halfling from neverwinter becoming anything but si
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2007, 10:13:07 PM »
Drudoc relaxed many weeks later in her grove taking in her actions over the past many weeks. She had inadvertently got caught up in some beast that now held Bastion's soul in the balance. Either she would have to kill an innocent or see her first born son die once more. With that was her skills coming to another peak from her duties to the forests. Soon she felt she would be rewarded for her efforts with even greater skills and blessings.

Drudoc in this time of thought held both her children lovingly in her lap. Both had a basic speech of halfling understood and were constantly using there mouths to argue where ever they could. Still it was mostly gibberish and Drudoc paid it no mind. Bastion slept soundly in her lap next to her with Hope playing contently with her mothers hair batting at it in a way. Hope coooed in her usual way to her mother when she looked her way and smiled again warming the halfling woman's heart.

Drudoc closed her eyes for a moment and let her mind drift again on recent events before opening her eyes. When she did she saw a horrified sight before her. Where before she was in her grove now she was somewhere else in the forests. Hanging from the trees were her closest friends, Elsin, Dorin, Miranda, and others who she couldn't see but recognized there forms from somewhere in her past.

Drudoc started to chant prayers of protection as she glanced about but found her prayers not answered only hearing a familar evil laughing from around her. "...SSSS foolish hin!" The voice said. "..Challenged me did you?...now sssss you pay." Drudoc saw to her horror Isu come from the forests near her and swinging her large mace at her drudoc just ducked out of the way avoiding the hit as Isu slithered back into the opposing sides of the forest. "SSS!" Her hissing echoed about.

Drudoc looked to her friends seeing if they were alive only finding there necks snapped from the ropes about there neck. Still further to her horror was seeing there faces rise and say as one in there own voices. "...You...betrayed us.....Drudoc....WHY!!" They ended with a shout making the halfling cover her ears in pain feeling blood slowly seep from her lobes.

She then felt a hard hit to her shoulders knocking her to her knees. Upon looking up she saw Nimia her one time lover and close friend. Now nothing more then a ghoulish figure of what she once was. "...Join me Dru....Join me and this comes to pass. and we can be together....forever." The voice said to her calling to her in a way.

Drudoc stood then seeing werebeasts close in around now as well, then Nimia, and Isu as well followed by horrid zombified versions of her friends all wieldling considerable spells and blessings against what Drudoc could only summon of her own strength from her own fighting.

"...Betrayer..." Her  friends said.

"...Lover.." Nimia said to her.

"....SSS Hopeless...." Isu cackled.

The vampires and werebeasts closed in around making a circle of the zombie friends, lover, and Isu. Drudoc stood surrounded returning her reply to each.

"...Never!" She said to her friends.

"...Not anymore!" She said to Nimia.

"...There's always hope you foolish being!" she said to Isu.

Finally she stood her ground as her foes charged in. And in this her darkest moment Drudoc realized one thing. "...Hope shall never fade!" She cried fighting with a fury she never knew or had before. Dust rising about her and her foes and as it settled Drudoc's mind realized only one would win. "ME!" She said outloud as she woke up startling her two children from there restful sleep.

"..Shh my darlings mom ma's sorry for scaring you." She said then soothing each child though was clearly shaken from her dream. After soothing both children back to sleep Drudoc settled back and awaited her friend Ren'dalia. An elf that had been so helpful with raising her two children when she was unable to be around for short times.

"...I'll over come these trials no matter what." Drudoc thought quietly now fully and utterly awake. "...I wont give into darkness even if it costs me my children." A thought ran then through her mind. "..but if i do doesnt that mean I've given in?"

Ikonion

• Outlander
Re: Drudoc Andermidt a simple halfling from neverwinter becoming anything but si
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2007, 06:56:01 PM »
// great story! love all of it!  :thumbup:

Goran von Silbertrutz
Taran
Bartolomeus

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
[removed for the time being for editing work since a few folks pmed me with problems with the post]
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 11:12:26 AM by Ryltar/ Robert Archer »

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
// and they wonder whats wrong with the ML clergy.. :P

Stela Cojocaru - barovian snake
Crina Ovidiu - barovian guard

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
// and they wonder whats wrong with the ML clergy.. :P

:lol:

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
Drudoc many days later rocked a slowly recovering Bastion from his brush with death. A spirit had slowly been draining his life energy and had slowly sent the mother into despair at choosing either his life or the life of another child by killing it by her own hands. Now though after some conversation with the spirt she had a new mission find a lost friend and bring her to light show her the true path or lose Bastion all over again. "...Which shouldnt be hard all I gotta do is find her." The thought passed through Drudoc's mind it seemed so easy find the person and show her that the path she is on is the wrong one. "..Its the finding that'll be tricky." Drudoc said outloud in halfling. She cared for this person still but in her heart she knew that it was over between them after all she couldnt allow herself to give into her passions as she had before. She had to focus and find her before the cycle of death washed over Bastion again.

Loading herself with her normal outload of holy water and other neccassary supplies Drudoc took a determinered breath "...Sorry Nimia but for once your wrong and I'm going to just show you how wrong you are, to lead the path your on. And bring you back to the light of the dawn." Drudoc looked at a picture of someone next to her bed the picture gave her warmth and feelings of the heart that hadnt stirred since Nimia had left her. "...Soon I'll show you how much I love you dear just let me end things here first." She said to the picture leaning down and kissing it a moment.

As Drudoc left the camp up in her room the picture rocked a moment and then fell the glass smashing to bits around it. What fortunes would guide the halfling would be on her own one way or another.

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
Drudoc search for her former lover had turned up fruitless though she had discovered more strength in the forest since she began her journey and search. She returned to Deganway one evening and sat by a fire near the water falls.

"...Drudoc?" A Male voice said.

Drudoc looked over and a smile came to her lips seeing Calor. "Oh calor hello. Please join me if you wish." She said gesturing to the fire near her. To which Calor came over and sat with her.

"...How are you?" He asked.

"...Oh the same old same old though things are doing better." Drudoc said going on in length then detailing her search for Nimia and what had happened to Bastion to procure the search.

"...We can not let this demon win and we wont."  Calor responded after her tale. Coming over and placing a hand on Drudoc's shoulder then with a reassuring smile. It brought a smile to her lips again for which Drudoc was grateful.

She wanted so much to pull Calor to her and kiss him but she knew doing such a thing was beyond her. "...No more love just friendship." She thought to herself still looking at Calor's eyes and face. Then he said something which took her thoughts else where.

"...You know in another time or place you and I could have been more then friends." He said.

Drudoc smiled at this though calor seemed to think he insulted her and said as much to which Drudoc replied. "..No no just caught me off guard is all....But who says we cant be more then friends now?"

Calor just smiled saying nothing and came around behind her and held her in his arms to which Drudoc settled back into contently as they continued there talks. "Life may not be perfect dear Calor." She thought. "...But this comes close to it."

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
It was barely a day later when Drudoc returned to Valiki bone weary from her search of Nimia. "Maybe she is gone...." She thought quietly. Sitting on the bunk bed that held her two children each sleeping soundly in there portion of the bed.

She sat on the edge and watched her two pillars of light sleep away there cares and worries. "...So innocent." She said stroking Bastions cheek his skin soft as silk once more and full of the color of life. "...I swear my little ones that once this is over I swear I will devote all my time to you and the forests. No more of this priestess business. I cant deny it anymore I started out from Neverwinter a simple priestess but now I'm becoming anything but simple. And its all "Thanks" to this land." She said softly now stroking Hope's cheek.

"...So simple would it be to snap there necks and end this all end the suffering that they will have to endure for the rest of their lives when your gone." A voice said to her right. She looked up seeing "Death" as she called it.

Drudoc gritted her teeth then exhaled slowly. "...No I refuse to do that there is so much they can still acomplish in this land that I can not." She said defiently. As the figure of "Death" slowly vanished. A sneer plastered across what passed for its face.

Drudoc cried then holding both her children who still soundly slept in her arms, as she cried. She was so tired of it all the death, the helping, the endless evil. Some days she wanted to give into it all and end her life but she couldnt not with her children depending on her for their very survival. Drudoc finally fell asleep both her children protecitvly in her arms.

=====

Days later Drudoc sat feeding Hope in the further corner of Deganway away from the others and elves. She hummed a soft tune to the child as she fed when she heard approching feet. "...Now who could that?..." She started to say then trailed off seeing Luna approcahing. Her apperance brought a genuine smile to her lips and then Luna's when the other saw her.

"Drudoc!!" She cried happily laughing and coming over to her. Then seemed to notice the bundle in her arms. "..Is that?" She said but left it hang as Drudoc nodded.

"...Aye this is Hope my daugther." Drudoc said making sure the blanket covered Hope enough to ward off any chill winds.

Luna gave her a confused look. "...But I thought you didnt like men?" She said. "..But yet you bring life into the world."

"Ah Luna so inncocent." Drudoc thouth smiling then said. "...Its a long story but one I'm willing to share if you have the time.

Luna nodded and sat down covering herself with a blanket of her own as Drudoc began her tale....."It begun even before I came to Barovia...."

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
It was a month later and Drudoc sat in her Grove, her children absent this time in her visit. The Grove was empty except for the raven that still called the area its home. Drudoc extended her arm slightly and the Raven came down landing gently on it. She offered it some bits of meat and it readily ate it from her other hand. Drudoc carefully sat down then after the Raven had eaten resting on the edge of her arm now and looked up at her in a curious manner.

"Ah my friend." She said softly gently petting the raven's black feathers on its head. "I'm sorry I've been gone for a while did you miss me?" She asked.

The raven cawed at her and Drudoc this time actually felt a connection to the bird and she smiled faintly getting a feeling of warmth and affection from the small bird.

"And I missed you too my friend." Drudoc said with a content smile extending her arm again and letting the bird take flight only to land on a small log only a few feet from where Drudoc sat. It cawed again at her and then went to preening its feathers.

She tilted her head slightly as she felt the odd sense that the Raven was asking her a question of some kind but she could exactly pin down what it was asking. "I'm sorry what do you mean?" She asked.

The raven cawed once more a few times and realization slowly dawned on her on what the raven was asking. She nodded. "There doing quite well actually thank you for asking." She replied.

The raven to Drudoc seemed to nod in a way then went back to preening its feathers.

She shook her head then slightly and started to disrobe after wardering the area against evil and intruders and other animals. Once done in both fashions she lowered herself into the hot spring and let out a content sigh. "Mmmm.." She said softly rubbing a kink out of her neck.

Once relaxed Drudoc closed her eyes and allowed her mind to wander over the recent events this past month. For the most part things had been good for the halfling woman, her children were slowly growing from two twin babies into small children. And her friendship with Calor gave Drudoc's heart pause every time she saw him. There was just something about him that she couldnt pull herself away from when they met. Perhaps it was his eyes she had always been a stickler for those, yet truly even that Drudoc wasnt sure of. Drudoc muttered in halfling. "Still my beating heart."

Drudoc caught the look of her raven out of the corner of her eye and she smiled faintly. She got the slight sense of curiousness from it but it soon went back to its preening.

She sighed then softly taking some oils and bits of soap out of her pack and started to wash herself throughly. "How do I even tell Calor how I feel?" She said softly in halfling. "What if he doesnt return those feelings?" She continued

"Worse what if he is playing you for a fool? hmm? Stringing you along like so many others have since you came here." That annoying little voice in the back of Drudoc's head said.

Drudoc immeditly started to beat that little voice with all she could muster. "Quiet you!" She thought as the voice went silent and she was left with her orginal question and worries of what Calor might say. "If he says no then I move on as I've always have, thats the worse that could happen." She thought reasoning with herself.

Finally there had been more recent events where one evening when she had stepped outside to head for the temple for her nightly prayers she had not even gone four steps out the door when it was slammed shut behind her and she felt a blade pierce her back and then another from the front. The two attacks though firece werent enough to kill her right away only stun and knock her out for a short time.

When she awoke she found herself still in front of the Ladies Rest but now she was held tightly by a skeleton priest its mace poised close over her head. "....Mortal you will go to your temple and get us the witch and bring him out here..." It had said. Removing the mace just enough for her to stand which she did albit slowly.

Fear rang through Drudoc's mind as she looked about her. No one else was in sight but she saw besides the skeleton priest a woman from most appearances Drudoc thought a human her fangs were barred clearly showing her vampire nature, and to her left was another man most likely also undead of some kind frozen like a stone statue. Drudoc mind briefly toyed with the idea of trying to call upon her blessings to defend herself but seeming to sense this the skeleton sneered picking her up hard and slamming her into the Ladies Rest wall hard causing a severe wound on the back of her head, blood coursing from it. Drudoc's vision grew blurry and hazzy for a moment but she fought to stay conscious this time. "GET THE WITCH halfling!" It shouted gripping her throat tightly.

Drudoc took a ragged breath barely able to shake her head no in defiance. "Never....will I ....get someone...to fall to...your cluches.." She gasped out her head and body again slammed into the wall this time sending the halfling once more into the blackness of unconsciousness, slowly she was drawn back forth to the waking world only to find a searing pain shooting through her head as she felt her left eye be slowly ripped out from the socket. Only inches above her head the vampire woman was feeding on her left eye and the blood that oozed forth from the wound.

Drudoc let out a weak fearful groan at this sight but before she even could react in any fashion she again felt herself being lifted once more by the skeleton priest, and once again slammed into the wall held in place by one hand. "..YOU..." it brought its mace down hard on her jaw cracking it. "WILL.." Once more the mace came down this time on her head crushing in a portion of her skull. "OBEY!" It cried finally bringing the mace forward and along her lower jaw sending it smashing from her face bits of teeth went lounging down her throat as well and Drudoc gagged, weakly coughing them up.

The priest lightly healed her wounds just enough to keep her awake from blood lose. Drudoc's mind felt fuzzy and incoherent but she somehow got the will power to focus, and groan out. "...no.." before finding herself being tossed to the ground and kicked hard. Sending her mind realing once more into blackness.

Drudoc briefly recalled some other event happening before she fully woke up but she couldn't remember the exact details. What she did know when she once more was awake and alive, if barely. Was being in the temple she had numerous bandages running around her lower jaw and running around her head and down her back. Father Zachea was unable to heal her extensive wounds, and with those wounds she was unable to heal her own wounds.

She sat in the temple barely alive slowly feeling like her life force was ebbing from her own body. "Is this how it ends?" She had thought. "...away from my children...and loved ones?"

Drudoc had let out a ragged breath then coughing up blood when she had heard movement behind her. "Sister what happened to you?" Said Celurion

Drudoc felt anger well inside her as celurion just looked at her covered in blood and bandages. She almost felt like using the last of her engergy to strike at him but something held her back inside she just groaned weakly and slumped back onto the bench. "Oh you are injured." He said calmly starting to pray to heal her wounds

"No kidding!" She angrily thought rage filling her mind before her weakness caught up with her and she passed out.

Later when she woke up she was laying on a cot in the back of the temple Zachea watching over her. "You are awake my child." He had said to her. "How do you feel? Be slow in acting your regeneration of your wounds was slow in coming about."

Drudoc weakly lifted her left hand and felt her jaw and left eye sore but there. "..Tired.." she gasped out.

Zachea nodded with a soft smile. "Rest my child I know well you make your own at the fey camp to the south we sent runners there to bring you back there."

Drudoc weakly nodded and let the darkness overcome her once more.

Drudoc now sat in her hot spring many days later. Thanks to some friends she now was fully healed of her wounds and scars. Something celurion was to stuck up about to deal with in her mind. Drudoc let a small smile escape her lips as she murmered softly in halfling slowly closing her eyes to rest. "..Soon everything will fall into place." She said in halfling. "And this emptiness I feel in my heart will be filled."

Her raven compaion cawed slightly and Drudoc got the sense it agreed with her on some primal level and with those thoughts and feelings in her mind she allowed sleep to drift her off into the darkness of sleep.

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
Drudoc was around the outskirts nearing evening when she heard rumors of a group that had headed west and failed to return. In addition to those rumors were the growing number of vampire attacks around the area. To her it had grown to a breaking point and something had to be soon done or the area would fall under there heels, something she was going to allow if she could help it.

Drudoc gathered what supplies she could and headed off west to search for the missing group confident that they had simply taken shelter somewhere for night fall. She noticed a cave off to the west just beyond the orphanage and after preparing herself for danger considering the time entered cautiously. She looked about the cave noting the dark damp nature to it and allowed her eyes to adjust to the darkness. This took only a few seconds but in that short time span she suddenly felt the wisps and pain of blades pierce her chest back and other areas.

Drudoc staggered under the blow hearing a serious of hisses around her and she just had the strength to cough out. "Shit." before darkness overcame her.

In the darkness Drudoc neither saw nor felt nothing. She floated in an empty waste and void everywhere she looked she saw nothing but blackness. Suddenly though she felt a searing pain course through her form then something even greater as she felt a tug on her spirit and a light rushed to meet her.

Drudoc gapsed in pain suddenly feeling a tightness around her jugular and blood seeping from her throat area. "Wha?!?" she said in confusion as she barely could move at the moment with the scroll tube stuck into her jugular. Slowly though comprehension seeped into her mind and she realized she was leaning back against an altar and around her were the wooden forms of coffins and chests. "Return to your stations! Leave these three to me." A man said though Drudoc soon felt and reconized him for what he really was as well as his companions. A vampire.

Drudoc had by this time made her way to her feet taking note of two others around near where she was both slowly getting to there feet as well. One was a human who she didnt reconize the other a dwarf who after a moment his name came to her. "Turinor...wha.." Drudoc started to say but soon felt a searing pain course through her skull.

"SIT!" the vampire priest commanded.

The sudden pain had caught Drudoc off guard and she felt her body against its own will sit down again. Both the human and Turinor did as well in turn.

"Ah...now then..." the vampire said with a sneer that chilled Drudoc to her bones. "You two will feed the slaves and lesser ones." He said looking to the human and turinor. The priest walked to Drudoc then and laughed slightly. "You though...my dear Drudoc...you will feed me..."

Drudoc felt parzlazed with fear at his words but a part of her briefly thought. "Should I be honored or scared shitless that he knows my name and what I do?"

The vampire stared at her for a moment before turning away from her. Drudoc considered trying to resist and take hostile action against him but decided then that for the moment it would be wiser to bide her time. "Choose your battles.." She thought recalling a piece of advice someone once told her.

"Now then my mortal slaves. As I am sure all three of you can realize by now you are under my complete control. You may resist at times but in the end you will be mine to do with as I please." The vampire said turning to face each of them.

Drudoc took note how both Turinor and the human kept trying to resist the vampire's words and commands as time went on each seeming more drained with each effort there after. "Stop resisting me!" The vampire commanded and Drudoc despite her passive nature till this point felt a searing pain enter through her mind again. This time though she was ready for it and fought off the command. She though acted defeated and slumped her body to the ground in a submissive posture. Drudoc took note of the others seeming to have lost there own battles and do similarly.

"Now each of you will serve me I shall command favors and tasks of you in time and you WILL do them." The vampire said. During this though Drudoc had used her will of effort to move her hands to the vials of holy water she kept on her belt. Her movements were so slight that she was certain the vampire didnt notice. So into toying with the human and Turinor that he was. Finally Drudoc took aim of the vial and tossed it at the vampire landing it head on into his chest and watching with satisfaction as he cried out in pain and hissed at her.

"I still got teeth vampire...." Drudoc said making to go for another action but suddenly found to her horror that her mind had seized up.

"You will stop resisting girl!" the vampire said as he shook off the effects of the holy water.

Drudoc though had sensed his fear at her sudden resistance could very well taste it in the air. She summoned up another burst of mental will power and shook off the command taking a defensive posture and started to chant calling forth a burst of searing light from her hand and aimed it at the vampire. "Forget it!" She said as she left lose her magic energies.

The blast struck true hitting across his face directly and blasting away a portion of his face and skin. "You will stop girl!" he screamed crying in pain. Again Drudoc's mind was assualted by pain from his command but she once more fought it off and gripped her holy symbol tightly. "In the morninglords light I call upon you foul vampire to turn away from his righteous light!" She said deifiently and with a burst of holy sunlight from her symbol watched in satisfaction as the vampire turned and screamed ran from the room.

For the moment Drudoc felt her mind was her own but could see both men's own minds were not. She had the chance to flee but yet she was stayed by the fact she couldnt leave two men to die or worse by the vampires hands. "Its a war of attrition..." She said with a heavy sigh awaiting for the vampires return. "...and one I'm going to lose in the long run."

It was only moments later when the vampire returned his face healed but heavily scarred. Drudoc gave a defient grin but then notice his chantings and hand movements. "AH SHIT!" She cried as she ducked behind a rock pillar only taking the side effects of the hammer like blow of magic. She wasnt harmed or stunned by it but knew she had to act fast.

Then she heard the gasp of pain by the human man and glanced out and noted that the vampire priest had him by the neck tightly gripped. "Come out girl...or this man dies!" He said tighting his grip and to Drudoc's ears hearing the slow snapping of bone and muscle.

She glanced to the dwarf hoping that maybe his mind might be also his owns and saw to her satisfactoin that he had gotten an hold of his weapons and shield and healed much of his wounds. "COME OUT GIRL!" he cried again this time searing pain blasting through Drudoc's mind. She was prepared for it though and was able to sum up the will to resist the command if she wanted but decided against it.

With a heavy resignated sigh she came out from the pillar willingly noting the look of satisfaction as the vampire realized she wasnt resisting. ".....Good girl." He said.

"I wont allow others to be killed because of my resistance." She said hanging her head

"I'll only get one shot at this." She thought as she took a deep breath. "Morninglord forgive me for what I'm about to do but please let it work." She thought.

Summoning up another burst of mental will her head snapped up and eyed the human mans back before the vampire could stop her she called upon another burst of searing light and fired it into the mans back. Drudoc's hope was to kill the man sparing him the suffering of slavery by the vampires hand and removing the threat of his own death by the vampire which was impeding Drudoc's will to resist. On one level it was unneeded but to Drudoc's mind it was her only choice.

The man though was a bit tougher then he looked even in his weakened state and took the blow crying out. "IT BURNS!" Before slumping forward losing consiousness for the moment. Turinor looked at Drudoc in stunned silenence seeming not to belive her actions.

Drudoc though felt the searing pain in her head double then causing her to stagger back and slump against the rock pillar. "ARGH!" She cried as the pain lanced through her mind.

"YOU WILL SUBMIT DRUDOC!" the vampire cried adding to her pain by tossing the human at her and slamming it into her hard.

Drudoc groggily crawled out from under neath the man as he slowly came around. The vampire though continued his ranting. "I am 2300 years old you foolish hin! I killed hundreds of people like you and in some cases bent those same people to my will. STOP RESISTING or you will find a far harsher treatment then this!"

Pain lanced through her at his words and Drudoc could barely make out his words. She did though catch his age and with that final word Drudoc willingly let her defensive barriers of her mind collapse. She couldnt fight one so old, one that had also grown so strong. Her posture reflectedt his and the vampire realized he'd finally one. Drudoc knew that in all seriousness she was the only one of the three that had any real chance of defeating the vampire. Turinor was more an axe man then a priest, and the human man was clearly a simple sellsword not trained to resist such things.

Drudoc though sensed the one thing that she was sure the others couldnt mainly due to her connections to the land. "The sun rises soon." she thought

This though already had seemed to cross the vampires mind as she in turn thought it and eyed her. "None of you will tell others about what has happened to you. Do you understand!" the vampire commanded.

Pain racked her brain again and Drudoc was tired and exhausted from her resistance. Part of her just wanted to give up and submit fully to the vampire. But stubborn pride and being a part of something far greater took hold of her ragged mind and she resisted. Still she had to convince the vampire he'd won. Standing slowly keeping her head cowed and posture one of defeat she leaned against the rock pillar as if drained of any fighting spirit. "I understand....after all you are so much stronger then I. Your age and wisdom far surpass my own and your knowledge of magics obviously defeats me in any true fight. I willingly submit to your will." She said in a defeated tone.

Her words seemed to take hold against the vampire and he nodded seeming to her belive her. "Good girl." He said. Drudoc took note that the others seemed to try and resist but could easily tell it was a hopeless battle for them and they dutifully nodded.

The vampire came over then and savagedly ripped the scroll cases out of there jugulars and Drudoc was quick to heal each of there wounds before blood loss would cause them to pass out.

The vampire then eyed each. "You shall see me around." HE said then looked at Drudoc with an evil sneer. In her mind Drudoc felt the words echo in her mind. "Especially you."

With heavy effort Drudoc found her staff and leaned on it heavily and she exited the cave into the first rays of the sun. As they hit her though she felt a warmth spread through her and her heart livened and she faintly smiled. For her efforts and trials Drudoc could feel that the morninglord had graced her once more with further blessings. And to her also seemed to further strength her mind.

In halfling she muttered. "This old hin still has teeth. And maybe not now, nor soon, but eventually you shall face the wrath of the dawn." She said with determination.

It was soon washed away though as she felt the icy grip enter her mind and the words echo thorugh her. "...Perhaps, or is it you that will face judgement?" All that followed then was an echoing laugh in her mind.

OOC: Thanks to Threstral for that event even if i did take a few writing liberties with what happened and in the order they occured :)

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
It was a week and a half later and Drudoc sat in Deganway. In a way hiding from her fears, both her children slept soundly in the room she now resided as she watched them sleep peacfully through the night, thankful that nothing had entered her mind to distrub her sleepless watch. Finally Drudoc took note that the sun would soon rise and she decided that today would be the day she would put her plan into place. She had to do something to protect her children but to do so would mean doing so one at a time.

Considering Bastions recent troubles she decided to mark her first. Quietly she prepared herself and dressed in warm clothes. Even with summer approaching she still could feel the chill on the air especially at the early morning hours. Normally she did not wake either child till much later in the day but if she was to get the full effects of her blessings she must use the first rays of the dawn to assist her.

Walking quietly over to the two children she gently shook Bastion. "Wake up Bastion." She said in halfling.

Bastion grumbled in halfling and rolled over trying to cover himself up and go back to his sleep.

Drudoc shook him gently again. "Up Bastion momma has to do something with you today and we must get going soon." She said again.

Bastion this time grudgingly woke up and with Drudoc's assitance got dressed. "Momma, I'm hungry." He said looking at her innocently.

"We'll get some soup from the elves then dear. We should have enough time." She said in halfling turning her back on Bastion a moment as she gathered a few supplies.

"WAKE UP!" bastoin shouted to Hope who groaned in her sleep.

"BASTION STOP!" Drudoc said sternly. "Let your sister sleep."

Bastion guilty stopped and hung his head seeming to wait for punishment. Drudoc though gently lifted his head and smiled to him. "Let your sister sleep for now. We'll go see the birds today." She said gently.

"Blue birds!?" He asked excitedly.

Drudoc smiled softly. "We'll see."

Minutes later in the still predawn camp Drudoc obtained some soup for Bastion and helped feed him the deer stew. It satisfied the young halfling boy and he seemed to enjoy it immensly. Finally though they exited the camp Bastion strapped to a small carrier on her back. "Momma, elves say wolves out here." He said to her looking about seeming nervous and fearful.

"Yes, thats true Bastion. But momma has friends in the forests and knows where the wolves hunt. If they come about momma will protect you." She said reassuringly.

This seemed to satisfy Bastion and he gripped the carrier tightly as Drudoc made her way to her Grove. Along the way she saw a long wolf in the distance. It eyed her hungirly and soon charged her. Drudoc was able to raise her arm in defense of her self and child taking a small bite from her wrist. She gave the wolf a stern glance then and it packed off cowing to her glare. She could feel the wolf's mind and saw in its eyes it was not a normal wolf. "Werewolf." She thought idly glancing to her bite. Bastion cried in fear as he saw the attack gripping his carrier handle tightly.

Drudoc though ignored the cries for the moment and gave the wolf another stern look. "I've dealt with your pack in the past and showed you many better places to search for food then this area. The elves here are dangerous to your kind and would hunt you if they knew you were here. To the north of here is far easier prey deer, stags, minks, and bears. Go further west and you find farm lands. Far safer hunting grounds then here." She said to the wolf keeping an eye on it and the surrounding area, while still lightly bleeding from her wrist.

The wolf seemed to accept her propsal and bounded off in that direction moments later a echoing cry of other wolves joining it in a hunt.

Drudoc healed her wound and also applied an herbal salve that usual worked against causing the disease to spread and she continued on to her grove. After soothing and calming Bastion she warded the area against evil and other things.

Looking at Bastion then she started to prepare her various tools for what she had prepared for next. Trying to keep his mind off what she was about to do she asked. "So Bastion what do you want to be when you grow up?" She asked curiously honestly not expecting any real serious answer.

Bastion though surprised her though at his response. "I wanna be big momma! And a paladin!" He said excitedly.

Drudoc paused in her preperations and looked at the boy with a loving smile that still held a hint of curiousness to them. "Oh? And whys that?" She asked.

"Cause of the sleeping man in the camp momma Ren'dalia always tells stories bout what he did helping others and stuff. Plus what you said too about always doing the right thing." He replied.

Drudoc was momentarily taken back by this turn of events was was genuinely surprised. "Well, guess we'll see how things turn out for you hmm? Who knows what life has planned." She said with a smile. "Now hold out your hand Bastion."

Bastion so innocently did so and Drudoc gently took his wrist into her hand taking a small rose petal and a mixture of various herbs and other collections and started to paint a small rune on his wrist. She held his wrist just a bit more firmly as he giggled from the touch but finished it without inccident. Chanting softly then she embued the small protective rune against evil and smiled fainly as it took hold faintly glowing a redish gold. She smiled softly then and helped Bastion stand back up as she looked about taking note that her Raven companion was unusally absent.

Drudoc shurrged though and with in a short time both mother and son were safely back in the camp, and Bastion happily playing with his sister and other elven children.

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
Only a few hours later Drudoc sat with Hope inside Deganways sole building. Hope sat in her lap holding a doll she had received from Gwerrydd. She seemed far more interested in it then spending time with her mother. Drudoc though was more concnered about carrying her plan into action then anything else at the moment.

"How about we head outside to the waterfall Hope and watch the sun set?" She said.

Hope just nodded to her mother seeming more dutifully then anything of wanting to really do that still seeming fascinated by her doll. Drudoc led Hope out into the camp and looked about as she always did for any signs of danger. "Though at the moment I'm proably the most dangerous thing near them now." She idly thought but soon pushed it away.

The two halflings went over to sit under a tree and Drudoc again prepared to enchant the small band she had crafted for Hope, as she had done Bastions. Unlike Bastions though where it was a simple rune Hope's was a band of various runes and two raven's feathers something to bring her luck.

Hope meanwhile had gotten antsy and went over to the stream to toss small pebbles into it. Drudoc went over to her and did likewise looking to the young girl. "Hope...if you could change one thing about how we live here what would it be?" She asked, trying to forge a connection between mother and daughter.

"Nothing really momma I like it here. It nice. Gwerrydd keeps me busy and plays with me sometimes when your gone." She said innocently.

Guilt racked Drudoc's self at her childs words. She was gone to much she realized this. And so did her children it seemed, or least Hope did. "I know I'm gone to long at times Hope, and momma's sorry for that." She said.

"It's ok momma Gwyerrdd says your busy alot." Hope replied.

"Maybe but it still isnt right....you two are all i got left of my former life before I came here. And i should devote all my time to raising both of you." She said sadness in her voice.

"Its ok momma your busy with stuff fighting the bad things." Hope replied.

Drudoc shook her head sadly. Her goals in her life were going ot drive her children away from her and for what? Just to destroy some evils in this land? Was it worth it? Worth being away so much and endangering herself so much that her relationship with her children suffered? Drudoc shook her head then a bit pushing those thoughts to the side. "Let me see your wrist Hope...the one with the band on it." She said.

Hope held out her hand as she was asked and Drudoc focused on it and then after tracing the runes on it once more cast the blessing against evil onto it finding it glow softly before settling back to its normal self. "There now it'll bring you both luck and help protect you against bad things." She said.

Hope though didnt seem to care really more interested in her doll.  Hope yawned then muttering. "I'm tired momma."

Drudoc rested a hand on the girls shoulder and smiled softly. "I know dear momma will take care of that then." she said softly. Leading her daughter back into the buildling and upstairs and tucking her in. Soon falling fast asleep.

Drudoc sighed looking at both children even though they were each only two years of age they seemed to Drudoc to be so much older in maturity. "guess this land has a way of destroying innocents." She said softly in halfling as she shut and locked the door warding the room against evil then.

She sighed softly again and headed downstairs again feeling that for the second night in a row sleep would elude her.