You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Random Loss of Hexblade Powers Despite Non-Good Alignment  (Read 505 times)

Death

• Undead Slayer
Random Loss of Hexblade Powers Despite Non-Good Alignment
« on: April 22, 2022, 04:58:52 AM »
I logged in just now with my True Nuetral Hexblade after participating in a DM event yesterday, and being corpsed for a number of hours, after typing let go while she was downed. There was a handful of time (at least 2-3 irl hours) between my PC being corpsed, me logging out and logging back in later. My character's corpse was also transported across the server. My character was not hit with any alignment shifts. I kept logs of everything. Today I logged in and was hit with this message:

'You feel a sense of loss. You have become Good and have lost your hexblade abilities.'

I'm not certain how this could have happened.

This is my alignment as it stands currently and has been so for about two weeks:

I'm going to post this here as a bug, since this is clearly something that should not have happened. I'm not certain how to replicate it. My character is not good aligned so therefore she should still retain her abilities. I'm also going to post a general request for DM aid to regain her powers because of this.

Death

• Undead Slayer
Re: Random Loss of Hexblade Powers Despite Non-Good Alignment
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2022, 05:01:33 AM »
I'll also add here that she has always been True Nuetral as well since character creation. There was only one instance where her alignment was shifted by a slight amount two weeks ago but it didn't change her alignment or stop her hexblade abilities.

JackSnowolf

• New to the Mists
Lost Hexblade's Curse And Spellcasting
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2022, 07:46:31 AM »
I recently took a break from the game, and came back to find my hexblade curseless and with no ability to cast spells.

The "Hexblade Curse" feat is no longer in the character sheet, and as for the spells when I attempt to cast them I get a message in the chat saying "You cannot cast spells since you lost your hexblade spellcasting abilities".

I am aware that hexblades that become good loose there powers, but that is not the case for me as I still remain "neutral (50) neutral (50)".

Really need some help or advice, big thanks in advance!

Agony

• Dark Power
  • "You will know agony!" - Ghostly Armor
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2022, 07:50:33 AM »
Merged the above since they seem to be the same issue.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2022, 12:53:36 PM »
Thanks for the report, I'll fix this.

Duskherald

• New to the Mists
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2022, 10:36:43 AM »
Hi everybody,

Here to report the same issue on a Cleric/Hexblade/Rogue, just for the sake of information.

Character name: Ja’far Nekbhet

Player name: duskherald

When: around 12.00 GMT on Saturday April 23rd

Where: Vallaki Outskirts - Temple of the Morninglord. The issue however persists.

What: right after a level up, where I picked a second level Hexblade, I suddenly received the message that my alignment had changed towards good and consequently lost all Hexblade powers. The Chr is Legal Neutral and coming to terms with his “dark nature” but had not performed any particularly heroic or “good deed” in the run up to unexpected alignment change. Quite the contrary.  The alignment on the chr profile remains Legal (85) neutral (50).

Thanks a lot.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 10:38:53 AM by Duskherald »

cops_cant_read

• New to the Mists
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2022, 05:13:17 PM »
Same issue here.
Character name: Caleb Benwick
Player name: ibuprofen psychosis
Happened around 11PM GMT+2, when I logged onto my character. Says I was shifted to good and I can not cast any spells anymore.

JackSnowolf

• New to the Mists
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2022, 06:12:50 AM »
Do we rp this as there was a disturbance in the Hex?

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2022, 03:54:51 PM »
This should now be fixed.